Pippen Says LeBron is "Best Player Ever"

Originally Posted by throwback1718

MJ is like an Apple product, (IPhone, iPod, iPad, ETC) no matter what comes out, and it COULD be better, no one will ever accept it by majority vote.
Of  a course this comes from a Knicks fan
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by throwback1718

MJ is like an Apple product, (IPhone, iPod, iPad, ETC) no matter what comes out, and it COULD be better, no one will ever accept it by majority vote.
Of  a course this comes from a Knicks fan
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by xbiker47

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

LeBron is not on MJ's level, and I personally don't think he ever will be. It's possible, but I don't think he will reach MJ. He's hands down the Best player there has been since MJ, but he's not at MJ level yet.
QFT
roll.gif
so lebron has been a better player than shaq, kobe, and duncan?
indifferent.gif
1. Shaq: No, LeBron doesn't match PRIME Shaq YET.
2. Yes, LeBron has been better. Of every existing stat, the only ones where Kobe as an individual player has a SLIGHT edge is 3P% and TO's. LeBron beats Kobe in literally every other stat in existence.

3. Tim Duncan: It's debatable.

LeBron is not on MJ's level, and I personally don't think he ever will be. It's possible, but I don't think he will reach MJ. He's hands down the Best player there has been since MJ, but he's not at MJ level yet.
QFT
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
2. Yes, LeBron has been better. Of every existing stat, the only ones where Kobe as an individual player has a SLIGHT edge is 3P% and TO's. LeBron beats Kobe in literally every other stat in existence.

Pippen has lost his mind
30t6p3b.gif

I would understand if he said LeBron is one of the best to play the game (no the best though). But best player ever?
indifferent.gif

Pippen sit down son.

Pippen has lost his mind
30t6p3b.gif

I would understand if he said LeBron is one of the best to play the game (no the best though). But best player ever?
indifferent.gif

Pippen sit down son.

QFT
roll.gif
indifferent.gif

I didn't ask anything about stats tho. Lebron has not been better than those players. If he wins a few titles in a row and continues his clutch play for YEARS and not just this year he may,

You can't just go by stats and dismiss everything Duncan and Kobe have done and won.
grin.gif

Titles and consistent clutch play in important moments is what he is missing but he is building on it. He needs more than one title though or this year's heat will be like the 2004 pistons.

QFT
roll.gif
indifferent.gif

I didn't ask anything about stats tho. Lebron has not been better than those players. If he wins a few titles in a row and continues his clutch play for YEARS and not just this year he may,

You can't just go by stats and dismiss everything Duncan and Kobe have done and won.
grin.gif

Titles and consistent clutch play in important moments is what he is missing but he is building on it. He needs more than one title though or this year's heat will be like the 2004 pistons.

[h1]LeBron James flattered by comparisons[/h1]
MIAMI -- Scottie Pippen said LeBron James may be basketball's greatest player ever.

Among those who disagree: LeBron James.

The Miami Heat forward provided his reaction to Pippen's comparison between James and Michael Jordan on Saturday, essentially saying he was flattered by the sentiment but simply does not believe he's done enough to merit mention among the game's highest echelon.

Basketball Hall of Famer Scottie Pippen says Michael Jordan was the greatest scorer ever, but LeBron James could be the greatest NBA player ever.

"I'm not better than Jordan," James said.

Pippen -- who won six championships alongside Jordan in Chicago during the Bulls' epic run in the 1990s -- told ESPN Radio on Friday that while Jordan is "probably the greatest scorer to play the game," James "may be the greatest player to ever play the game."

Pippen even backed up the comments later on Twitter, hours after his words sparked a bit of a firestorm, though tried to clarify a bit by saying that while he thinks Jordan "is the greatest," James "could" reach that pinnacle in time.

James seemed mildly uncomfortable by the discussion.

"Michael's an unbelievable player," James said Saturday. "I've got a long way -- long way -- to be mentioned as far as one of the all-time greats. Not even just Jordan. There's a lot of great players who have played in this league. Larry Bird, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, all these guys who are floating around with multiple rings, Bill Russell, all these guys who have pioneered this game.

"I'm gracious. Humbled by Scottie's comments, especially with him being a teammate of his and seeing Michael on a day-to-day basis. But as far as me, I'm not going to sit here and say I'm better than Jordan. I'm not better than Jordan."

James is four wins away from his first NBA championship. The Heat host the Dallas Mavericks in Game 1 of the NBA finals on Tuesday night.

Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press

[h1]LeBron James flattered by comparisons[/h1]
MIAMI -- Scottie Pippen said LeBron James may be basketball's greatest player ever.

Among those who disagree: LeBron James.

The Miami Heat forward provided his reaction to Pippen's comparison between James and Michael Jordan on Saturday, essentially saying he was flattered by the sentiment but simply does not believe he's done enough to merit mention among the game's highest echelon.

Basketball Hall of Famer Scottie Pippen says Michael Jordan was the greatest scorer ever, but LeBron James could be the greatest NBA player ever.

"I'm not better than Jordan," James said.

Pippen -- who won six championships alongside Jordan in Chicago during the Bulls' epic run in the 1990s -- told ESPN Radio on Friday that while Jordan is "probably the greatest scorer to play the game," James "may be the greatest player to ever play the game."

Pippen even backed up the comments later on Twitter, hours after his words sparked a bit of a firestorm, though tried to clarify a bit by saying that while he thinks Jordan "is the greatest," James "could" reach that pinnacle in time.

James seemed mildly uncomfortable by the discussion.

"Michael's an unbelievable player," James said Saturday. "I've got a long way -- long way -- to be mentioned as far as one of the all-time greats. Not even just Jordan. There's a lot of great players who have played in this league. Larry Bird, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, all these guys who are floating around with multiple rings, Bill Russell, all these guys who have pioneered this game.

"I'm gracious. Humbled by Scottie's comments, especially with him being a teammate of his and seeing Michael on a day-to-day basis. But as far as me, I'm not going to sit here and say I'm better than Jordan. I'm not better than Jordan."

James is four wins away from his first NBA championship. The Heat host the Dallas Mavericks in Game 1 of the NBA finals on Tuesday night.

Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press

roll.gif
indifferent.gif

grin.gif

How many times does it have to be said before it gets through everyone's head?

Titles are a team accomplishment, 1 player does not win a championship

I really don't know when everyone thought basketball became a 1v1 game. I'm not even arguing your conclusion that's just a ridiculous reason to say why Player A>Player B.

roll.gif
indifferent.gif

grin.gif

How many times does it have to be said before it gets through everyone's head?

Titles are a team accomplishment, 1 player does not win a championship

I really don't know when everyone thought basketball became a 1v1 game. I'm not even arguing your conclusion that's just a ridiculous reason to say why Player A>Player B.

roll.gif
indifferent.gif

grin.gif

You might have a case with Duncan, but Kobe has no case whatsoever. LeBron is a better scorer, better shooter, better passer, better rebounder, better in steals, better shot blocker, better defender, more "clutch", etc.... How the hell is Kobe better? Riding coattails to championships?

roll.gif
indifferent.gif

grin.gif

You might have a case with Duncan, but Kobe has no case whatsoever. LeBron is a better scorer, better shooter, better passer, better rebounder, better in steals, better shot blocker, better defender, more "clutch", etc.... How the hell is Kobe better? Riding coattails to championships?

grin.gif

Lebron is not a better shooter then kobe, Kobe can score in so many more ways then Lebron, and Lebron is deffenitaly not more Cluth then Kobe 
laugh.gif
. Stop getting caught up in the moment....and yea hes a better rebounder and shot blocker, hes taller and hes a SF of course hes gonna be better at those two
and Kobe has Done things consistently throughout his entire Career that Lebron hasn't yet. He may later but as of now no. If yea think as of right now his legacy is better then Kobes or hes better then kobe in his prime your trippin

grin.gif

Lebron is not a better shooter then kobe, Kobe can score in so many more ways then Lebron, and Lebron is deffenitaly not more Cluth then Kobe 
laugh.gif
. Stop getting caught up in the moment....and yea hes a better rebounder and shot blocker, hes taller and hes a SF of course hes gonna be better at those two
and Kobe has Done things consistently throughout his entire Career that Lebron hasn't yet. He may later but as of now no. If yea think as of right now his legacy is better then Kobes or hes better then kobe in his prime your trippin

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

grin.gif

laugh.gif
. Stop getting caught up in the moment.
and Kobe has Done things consistently throughout his entire Career that Lebron hasn't yet. He may later but as of now no. 
Not a better shooter than Kobe? Based on what? Kobe is better because he misses more? Why does LeBron consistently have a better FG%than Kobe? Why has LeBron had multiple seasons over 50% and Kobe have never broke 47%....? Why does Kobe lead the league in missed shots? Why does LeBron average more points? Why does LeBron score more points, while taking less shot? Kobe can score in more ways? Why does LeBron have a better shooting percentage almost everywhere on the floor? How the hell does this = Kobe being a better shooter? lol 
laugh.gif

What makes LeBron "deffenitaly" not more clutch? Is it because Kobe misses more? Why does LeBron have a better PER in the clutch? Why does he have a better shooting percentage in the clutch? Why does LeBron beat Kobe in rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, etc... in the clutch? I know Kobe has this reputation for being clutch, but it's a fantasy. A myth. LeBron beats Kobe in the clutch in every conceivable way.

8f4269e61291a71446bba1f7f877f37329734e3d_r.jpg

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

grin.gif

laugh.gif
. Stop getting caught up in the moment.
and Kobe has Done things consistently throughout his entire Career that Lebron hasn't yet. He may later but as of now no. 
Not a better shooter than Kobe? Based on what? Kobe is better because he misses more? Why does LeBron consistently have a better FG%than Kobe? Why has LeBron had multiple seasons over 50% and Kobe have never broke 47%....? Why does Kobe lead the league in missed shots? Why does LeBron average more points? Why does LeBron score more points, while taking less shot? Kobe can score in more ways? Why does LeBron have a better shooting percentage almost everywhere on the floor? How the hell does this = Kobe being a better shooter? lol 
laugh.gif

What makes LeBron "deffenitaly" not more clutch? Is it because Kobe misses more? Why does LeBron have a better PER in the clutch? Why does he have a better shooting percentage in the clutch? Why does LeBron beat Kobe in rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, etc... in the clutch? I know Kobe has this reputation for being clutch, but it's a fantasy. A myth. LeBron beats Kobe in the clutch in every conceivable way.

8f4269e61291a71446bba1f7f877f37329734e3d_r.jpg

chillainvillain wrote: Lebron James is NOT more clutch than Kobe Bryant in his prime. That's FACT.
66036db36851951b7fad4881b6adf887e4e29825_r.gif

Read my above post.

And NO, I'm not basing this on Kobe now. I'm comparing careers, so no, LeBron vs prime Kobe is not even debatable. If you take Kobe's single best season, LeBron has multiple superior seasons. I know the media likes to tell you Kobe is something he really isn't, but the dude just doesn't compare.

chillainvillain wrote: Lebron James is NOT more clutch than Kobe Bryant in his prime. That's FACT.
66036db36851951b7fad4881b6adf887e4e29825_r.gif

Read my above post.

And NO, I'm not basing this on Kobe now. I'm comparing careers, so no, LeBron vs prime Kobe is not even debatable. If you take Kobe's single best season, LeBron has multiple superior seasons. I know the media likes to tell you Kobe is something he really isn't, but the dude just doesn't compare.

Back
Top Bottom