Pippen Says LeBron is "Best Player Ever"

Originally Posted by chillainvillain

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

TennHouse2 wrote:
Not a better shooter than Kobe? Based on what? Kobe is better because he misses more? Why does LeBron consistently have a better FG%than Kobe? Why has LeBron had multiple seasons over 50% and Kobe have never broke 47%....? Why does Kobe lead the league in missed shots? Why does LeBron average more points? Why does LeBron score more points, while taking less shot? Kobe can score in more ways? Why does LeBron have a better shooting percentage almost everywhere on the floor? How the hell does this = Kobe being a better shooter? lol 
laugh.gif

What makes LeBron "deffenitaly" not more clutch? Is it because he misses more? Why does he have a better PER in the clutch? Why does he have a better shooting percentage in the clutch? Why does LeBron beat Kobe in rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, etc... in the clutch? I know Kobe has this reputation for being clutch, but it's a fantasy. A myth. LeBron beats Kobe in the clutch in every conceivable way.
I no longer respect your opinion on anything basketball related. Goodbye.

What opinions? The FACT that LeBron has a better FG% in the clutch, better PER, more assists, more rebounds, more steals & more blocks all in the clutch is not an opinion. It just is what it is.

TennHouse2 wrote:
Not a better shooter than Kobe? Based on what? Kobe is better because he misses more? Why does LeBron consistently have a better FG%than Kobe? Why has LeBron had multiple seasons over 50% and Kobe have never broke 47%....? Why does Kobe lead the league in missed shots? Why does LeBron average more points? Why does LeBron score more points, while taking less shot? Kobe can score in more ways? Why does LeBron have a better shooting percentage almost everywhere on the floor? How the hell does this = Kobe being a better shooter? lol 
laugh.gif

What makes LeBron "deffenitaly" not more clutch? Is it because he misses more? Why does he have a better PER in the clutch? Why does he have a better shooting percentage in the clutch? Why does LeBron beat Kobe in rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, etc... in the clutch? I know Kobe has this reputation for being clutch, but it's a fantasy. A myth. LeBron beats Kobe in the clutch in every conceivable way.
I no longer respect your opinion on anything basketball related. Goodbye.

What opinions? The FACT that LeBron has a better FG% in the clutch, better PER, more assists, more rebounds, more steals & more blocks all in the clutch is not an opinion. It just is what it is.

^^^

You said that Kobe Bryant being clutch is a fantasy and a myth. Just you saying that alone makes me not respect your opinion anymore.

Kobe IN HIS PRIME is one of the greatest clutch performers of all time. No stats, FG%, or nothing. Look at his countless game winners and clutch shots that he's made over his career. It's not even close.
Yes, he has hit some game winners. Do you understand he has missed more than twice as much as he's made? If you only look at the shots that go in, it seems impressive. The fact is though, that when Kobe shoots a "clutch" shot, he misses 68% of the time. The facts just are what they are.

^^^

You said that Kobe Bryant being clutch is a fantasy and a myth. Just you saying that alone makes me not respect your opinion anymore.

Kobe IN HIS PRIME is one of the greatest clutch performers of all time. No stats, FG%, or nothing. Look at his countless game winners and clutch shots that he's made over his career. It's not even close.
Yes, he has hit some game winners. Do you understand he has missed more than twice as much as he's made? If you only look at the shots that go in, it seems impressive. The fact is though, that when Kobe shoots a "clutch" shot, he misses 68% of the time. The facts just are what they are.

^^^

It's crazy how some people forget so easily to what Kobe has done throughout the years. Kobe was, for a long time, considered the BEST player in the NBA. Obviously he's not now, but he was regarded as the best because of his clutchness and how complete of a player he was.
To say Kobe is not clutch is just insane. I'd go as far to say that he is top 2-3 most clutch players of all time..
OK. If you consider missing 68% of your "clutch" shots to be clutch, then fine.
It's not really a case of people forgetting what Kobe has done. I watched EVERY SINGLE GAME Kobe played in from 1996-2004. It's more of a case of people inflating what he did into something more than what really happened. Kobe really wasn't considered the best in the NBA. People didn't start saying that until pretty recently and now they try to apply it retroactively to the past. 

The entire time Shaq was on the Lakers, NOBODY in the world ever considered Kobe to be the best in the NBA. He wasn't even in the conversation. He was a "2nd best on his team" guy. I would say he was a Pippen type player, but nobody considered him to be Pippen level. There was MAYBE 1 or 2 seasons where Kobe was legitimately the best player in the NBA, Then LeBron took over.

^^^

It's crazy how some people forget so easily to what Kobe has done throughout the years. Kobe was, for a long time, considered the BEST player in the NBA. Obviously he's not now, but he was regarded as the best because of his clutchness and how complete of a player he was.
To say Kobe is not clutch is just insane. I'd go as far to say that he is top 2-3 most clutch players of all time..
OK. If you consider missing 68% of your "clutch" shots to be clutch, then fine.
It's not really a case of people forgetting what Kobe has done. I watched EVERY SINGLE GAME Kobe played in from 1996-2004. It's more of a case of people inflating what he did into something more than what really happened. Kobe really wasn't considered the best in the NBA. People didn't start saying that until pretty recently and now they try to apply it retroactively to the past. 

The entire time Shaq was on the Lakers, NOBODY in the world ever considered Kobe to be the best in the NBA. He wasn't even in the conversation. He was a "2nd best on his team" guy. I would say he was a Pippen type player, but nobody considered him to be Pippen level. There was MAYBE 1 or 2 seasons where Kobe was legitimately the best player in the NBA, Then LeBron took over.

This is probably just half of his career clutch shots/game winners he's made in his career.�
sick.gif

and about quadruple the ones he's missed.

This is probably just half of his career clutch shots/game winners he's made in his career.�
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

sick.gif

Are you saying Kobe has made quadruple the amount he has missed? Actually, no. He said those are only half, so that would mean you're saying Kobe has made 8x as many as he has missed? Are you freaking serious? You think Kobe makes 89% of his clutch shots?
Here in reality, he actually misses 68% of them.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

sick.gif

Are you saying Kobe has made quadruple the amount he has missed? Actually, no. He said those are only half, so that would mean you're saying Kobe has made 8x as many as he has missed? Are you freaking serious? You think Kobe makes 89% of his clutch shots?
Here in reality, he actually misses 68% of them.

Lebron makes a few clutch shots for once in his life and dues wanna say he is better than Bird, one of the more clutch and complete players (one dimensional to some morons on here).

This thread is such a waste.

Lebron makes a few clutch shots for once in his life and dues wanna say he is better than Bird, one of the more clutch and complete players (one dimensional to some morons on here).

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

But when he misses a couple of clutch shots during the regular season, then it's completely fine to call him non-clutch, mentally weak, make insulting photoshops about him missing in the clutch and so on.
eyes.gif

And please, watch the endings of the last 7-8 games from the Bulls and Celtics series and see how "few" clutch shots he actually makes. In the last game alone, he hit 3 clutch shots without missing. Please, count them and post the number here so that we can see how "few" there actually are. Also, might want to notice his clutchness on the defensive end as well during those games.

Back
Top Bottom