Pippen Says LeBron is "Best Player Ever"

Originally Posted by chillainvillain

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Originally Posted by cguy610

There really isn't much of a discussion. You can be good, great, one of the greatest ever. However you cannot be THE GREATEST PLAYER EVER without a ring. Bottom line.
And you still haven't given a reason for this thinking that hasn't been countered in this thread. It's "You gotta win a ring to be the best ever, because, uh, well...you gotta win a ring! There! Circular logic ftw!"

eyes.gif
Well.. you do need a ring to be the "greatest ever". And I don't mean Adam Morrison, or DJ Mbenga rings. I mean being the best player on that team. Basketball is their JOB. Their job is to win a ring, and if they did not win a ring yet, they are not the best at their job.
If that makes sense. 
laugh.gif
To win that ring, you cannot do it by yourself in a team sport. One must be a part of a good enough TEAM to win it. If THAT makes sense
laugh.gif

Apparently not for some people here.

Originally Posted by chillainvillain

There really isn't much of a discussion. You can be good, great, one of the greatest ever. However you cannot be THE GREATEST PLAYER EVER without a ring. Bottom line.
And you still haven't given a reason for this thinking that hasn't been countered in this thread. It's "You gotta win a ring to be the best ever, because, uh, well...you gotta win a ring! There! Circular logic ftw!"

eyes.gif
Well.. you do need a ring to be the "greatest ever". And I don't mean Adam Morrison, or DJ Mbenga rings. I mean being the best player on that team. Basketball is their JOB. Their job is to win a ring, and if they did not win a ring yet, they are not the best at their job.
If that makes sense. 
laugh.gif
To win that ring, you cannot do it by yourself in a team sport. One must be a part of a good enough TEAM to win it. If THAT makes sense
laugh.gif

Apparently not for some people here.

Can you imagine a coach being considered the greatest ever without a ring? While we are at it, Mike Brown is better than Phil Jackson because Mike Brown did more with lesser players. Since rings don't matter to you guys
We're talking about players here, who directly affect the game through measures we can actually quantify.

Can you imagine a coach being considered the greatest ever without a ring? While we are at it, Mike Brown is better than Phil Jackson because Mike Brown did more with lesser players. Since rings don't matter to you guys
We're talking about players here, who directly affect the game through measures we can actually quantify.

5 rings > stats.

5 rings > stats.

Kobe has to be in the greatest ever talk.

And Wilt's numbers and career is completely overrated imo

7plus footer playin against shorter whiter less athletic players

smh

smh

Lebron is a great player, but in my eyes, not better then Kobe, yet.

Bring this convo back up in the next 3 years, and we will see.

KD is right there with him, except at the defensive end.
grin.gif

Lebron is a great player, but in my eyes, not better then Kobe, yet.

Bring this convo back up in the next 3 years, and we will see.

KD is right there with him, except at the defensive end.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Klock

smh
Short white guys like this?
d8c36ef764e79a247ddc4f13bb42f726323c06df_r.jpg

Originally Posted by Klock

smh
Short white guys like this?
d8c36ef764e79a247ddc4f13bb42f726323c06df_r.jpg

So your just gonna post the only other tall black player then?

Lmaooooooooooooooooooooooo

*throws hands up*

Whatever, u got it

lol

So your just gonna post the only other tall black player then?

Lmaooooooooooooooooooooooo

*throws hands up*

Whatever, u got it

lol

wilt being tall isn't his fault. it just means he was physically gifted.

he was ahead of his time when it comes to physically and athletically, which made better than everyone else.

thats still pure talent.

having said that, kobe shouldn't be in the goat talk. dude isn't serious lol

wilt being tall isn't his fault. it just means he was physically gifted.

he was ahead of his time when it comes to physically and athletically, which made better than everyone else.

thats still pure talent.

having said that, kobe shouldn't be in the goat talk. dude isn't serious lol

Neither Kobe nor LeBron belong anywhere near the GOAT discussion. Jordan is the GOAT, and will remain so for the foreseeable future. Once again, we've already seen LeBron's athletic and productive prime, and he wasn't as good as Jordan, no matter how you look at it. He almost certainly will never be as accomplished as him either. Thus he'll never be considered the greater player. Not even going to address people bringing up Kobe.

And LOL at anyone cosigning Pip just because he was a great player, and "would know." I assume y'all were cosigning Jordan when he said Kobe > LeBron?
laugh.gif

Newsflash, former players don't really make great talent evaluators.

Neither Kobe nor LeBron belong anywhere near the GOAT discussion. Jordan is the GOAT, and will remain so for the foreseeable future. Once again, we've already seen LeBron's athletic and productive prime, and he wasn't as good as Jordan, no matter how you look at it. He almost certainly will never be as accomplished as him either. Thus he'll never be considered the greater player. Not even going to address people bringing up Kobe.

And LOL at anyone cosigning Pip just because he was a great player, and "would know." I assume y'all were cosigning Jordan when he said Kobe > LeBron?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

If former players don't then who?  The fans?  Really?
I said "don't really" as in "don't necessarily." Nowhere did I say the fans, per se. The best talent evaluators are simply the guys who know what to look for in a player and how the skills translate at the college/pro level.  Being a former player has essentially no correlation to scouting talent.

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

If former players don't then who?  The fans?  Really?
I said "don't really" as in "don't necessarily." Nowhere did I say the fans, per se. The best talent evaluators are simply the guys who know what to look for in a player and how the skills translate at the college/pro level.  Being a former player has essentially no correlation to scouting talent.

Brian Scalabrini is CLEARLY the greatest of all time !!!!!!!!!!!  I don't know what Scottie was thinking ?

C O O K # 45
get fit.

Brian Scalabrini is CLEARLY the greatest of all time !!!!!!!!!!!  I don't know what Scottie was thinking ?

C O O K # 45
get fit.

I cant put anyone in the GOAT talk that played before 1985........I used to watch a bunch of old games on the classic sport channel and those guy athletic ability was terrible, there was only a handful of players that could dribble with both hands back then
sick.gif
 The pace of the game was slow as hell and the defense was
sick.gif
 I remember watching the old boston games and thinking how the hell is dennis johnson in the nba when he cant dribble left
laugh.gif
 So to me GOAT has to be between jordan/Kobe/Lebron...................... Look up footage of Wilt/Bird/Russel/Kareem. 

Back
Top Bottom