Pippen Says LeBron is "Best Player Ever"

I cant put anyone in the GOAT talk that played before 1985........I used to watch a bunch of old games on the classic sport channel and those guy athletic ability was terrible, there was only a handful of players that could dribble with both hands back then
sick.gif
 The pace of the game was slow as hell and the defense was
sick.gif
 I remember watching the old boston games and thinking how the hell is dennis johnson in the nba when he cant dribble left
laugh.gif
 So to me GOAT has to be between jordan/Kobe/Lebron...................... Look up footage of Wilt/Bird/Russel/Kareem. 

Originally Posted by nflowshoe

I cant put anyone in the GOAT talk that played before 1985........I used to watch a bunch of old games on the classic sport channel and those guy athletic ability was terrible, there was only a handful of players that could dribble with both hands back then
sick.gif
sick.gif
 I remember watching the old boston games and thinking how the hell is dennis johnson in the nba when he cant dribble left
laugh.gif
 So to me GOAT has to be between jordan/Kobe/Lebron...................... Look up footage of Wilt/Bird/Russel/Kareem. 

Thats because they were great in comparison to the others that played @ that level and that era. I try to tell ppl this but which is funny most of these ppl are to young or never even saw these players play and just go off what the general census says. No way to convince them otherwise. I mean its ridiculous and foolish to think a player who lacks the ability to dribble with both hands, couldnt cross dribble or between the legs, or shoot beyond 15-18 ft is a all-time great and would dominate in todays game. Like how can you be considered great and can only drive one direction? Like how dominate in todays nba could you be not being able to finish with either hand?

Originally Posted by nflowshoe

sick.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Thats because they were great in comparison to the others that played @ that level and that era. I try to tell ppl this but which is funny most of these ppl are to young or never even saw these players play and just go off what the general census says. No way to convince them otherwise. I mean its ridiculous and foolish to think a player who lacks the ability to dribble with both hands, couldnt cross dribble or between the legs, or shoot beyond 15-18 ft is a all-time great and would dominate in todays game. Like how can you be considered great and can only drive one direction? Like how dominate in todays nba could you be not being able to finish with either hand?

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

3. LeBron IS better than prime Kobe in most aspects of the game. If you take Kobe's best season, Lebron has multiple seasons where he's better in scoring (PPG, FG%), assists, rebounding, steals, blocks, etc... The only things Kobe has the edge on is 3P% and FT%. These are the facts.

as far as stats yes. but line up the 2003 kobe (with extra weight) vs lebron now, kobe by a mile. its not  about stats all the time.its the craftsmanship of the game, how you play and execute the game. midrange post game 3pt defense, plus his bball iq its a done deal. 
if his  3pt% and ft % are better that should tell you how much better his jumper is right there. what you have seen with your own eyes. 

i think some one on by twitter put it best , there are no clutch players just clutch performances. considering no one is over 60% anyways

their best performances in each category. if lebron worked on his free throws his FG% would be 60%.  (better form better shots)

if he took a 100k free throws this summer next yrs lebron would off chain. 
pimp.gif

[table][tr][th=""]FG% [/th][th=""]3P% [/th][th=""]FT% [/th][th=""]RPG [/th][th=""]APG [/th][th=""]SPG [/th][th=""]BPG [/th][th=""]PPG[/th][/tr][/table]kobe .469/.383/.868/6.9/6.0/2.2/1.0/35.4

lebron  .510/.351/.780/7.9/8.6/2.2/1.1/31.4

3. LeBron IS better than prime Kobe in most aspects of the game. If you take Kobe's best season, Lebron has multiple seasons where he's better in scoring (PPG, FG%), assists, rebounding, steals, blocks, etc... The only things Kobe has the edge on is 3P% and FT%. These are the facts.

as far as stats yes. but line up the 2003 kobe (with extra weight) vs lebron now, kobe by a mile. its not  about stats all the time.its the craftsmanship of the game, how you play and execute the game. midrange post game 3pt defense, plus his bball iq its a done deal. 
if his  3pt% and ft % are better that should tell you how much better his jumper is right there. what you have seen with your own eyes. 

i think some one on by twitter put it best , there are no clutch players just clutch performances. considering no one is over 60% anyways

their best performances in each category. if lebron worked on his free throws his FG% would be 60%.  (better form better shots)

pimp.gif

[table][tr][th=""]FG% [/th][th=""]3P% [/th][th=""]FT% [/th][th=""]RPG [/th][th=""]APG [/th][th=""]SPG [/th][th=""]BPG [/th][th=""]PPG[/th][/tr][/table]kobe .469/.383/.868/6.9/6.0/2.2/1.0/35.4

Originally Posted by roc4life24

pimp.gif

lol its funny you said stat wise and overall player yes lebron is better, but kobe was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better. It is kinda contridictory basing facts over an opinion, but i get what your trying to say, just ironic and funny is all. But i do believe prime kobe atleast from a scores aspect, and will to win, killer instinct was a better player. But waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better is just stupid talk. Kobe is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better then ron brewer. deshawn steveson. That is an example of way better. Not kobe vs lbj.

pimp.gif

lol its funny you said stat wise and overall player yes lebron is better, but kobe was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better. It is kinda contridictory basing facts over an opinion, but i get what your trying to say, just ironic and funny is all. But i do believe prime kobe atleast from a scores aspect, and will to win, killer instinct was a better player. But waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better is just stupid talk. Kobe is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better then ron brewer. deshawn steveson. That is an example of way better. Not kobe vs lbj.

roc4life24 wrote: as far as stats yes. but line up the 2003 kobe (with extra weight) vs lebron now, kobe by a mile. its not  about stats all the time.its the craftsmanship of the game, how you play and execute the game. midrange post game 3pt defense, plus his bball iq its a done deal. 

The fact that you think Kobe has a better basketball IQ than Lebron exposes that you really have no clue what your talking about. And, LeBron is CLEARLY the better perimeter defender. Who would argue that?

Come on bro. You think free throws are jumpers? Lol.. Get the hell outta here.

66036db36851951b7fad4881b6adf887e4e29825_r.gif

roc4life24 wrote: as far as stats yes. but line up the 2003 kobe (with extra weight) vs lebron now, kobe by a mile. its not  about stats all the time.its the craftsmanship of the game, how you play and execute the game. midrange post game 3pt defense, plus his bball iq its a done deal. 

The fact that you think Kobe has a better basketball IQ than Lebron exposes that you really have no clue what your talking about. And, LeBron is CLEARLY the better perimeter defender. Who would argue that?

Come on bro. You think free throws are jumpers? Lol.. Get the hell outta here.

66036db36851951b7fad4881b6adf887e4e29825_r.gif

pimp.gif

You can't just take career highs in each category and directly compare them. They can only be understood within the statistical context of that particular season.

Not to mention that it's better to use averages (larger sample to use) than career highs. Scott Skiles got 30 assists in a game once, so is he a better set-up guy than John Stockton?

5 rings > stats.
I meant that this thread is for comparing players, not coaches. It's trickier to rank coaches anyway, but the poster I replied to was changing the topic.

pimp.gif

You can't just take career highs in each category and directly compare them. They can only be understood within the statistical context of that particular season.

Not to mention that it's better to use averages (larger sample to use) than career highs. Scott Skiles got 30 assists in a game once, so is he a better set-up guy than John Stockton?

5 rings > stats.
I meant that this thread is for comparing players, not coaches. It's trickier to rank coaches anyway, but the poster I replied to was changing the topic.

"It's not about stats" - Yeah, Kobe fans have been using this sentence a lot since the Kobe Vs LeBron debate began.
laugh.gif

What was it about when Kobe was either not making the playoffs or being knocked out of the first round by the Suns while LeBron was leading a really poor supporting cast to the NBA finals? Winning? Then it was neither about stats nor winning, but some mysterious quality that made Kobe better. And then as soon as Pau for Kwame fell through, it became about winning once again. Customizing the criteria for greatness over and over and over again.

Also, I like how "it's not about stats" was brought up by a dude who has a Kobe 81 points avatar? What is 81 points if not a stat? And it's not like the statistical differential is tiny so that you can say it's not about stats. When a guy averages 2 points, 2 assists and 2 rebounds per game more than another guy multiple years in a row, that ain't peanuts.

"It's not about stats" - Yeah, Kobe fans have been using this sentence a lot since the Kobe Vs LeBron debate began.
laugh.gif

What was it about when Kobe was either not making the playoffs or being knocked out of the first round by the Suns while LeBron was leading a really poor supporting cast to the NBA finals? Winning? Then it was neither about stats nor winning, but some mysterious quality that made Kobe better. And then as soon as Pau for Kwame fell through, it became about winning once again. Customizing the criteria for greatness over and over and over again.

Also, I like how "it's not about stats" was brought up by a dude who has a Kobe 81 points avatar? What is 81 points if not a stat? And it's not like the statistical differential is tiny so that you can say it's not about stats. When a guy averages 2 points, 2 assists and 2 rebounds per game more than another guy multiple years in a row, that ain't peanuts.

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

pimp.gif

5 rings > stats.

Yes that is true comparing a game, but the stats posted earlier in this thread and in the other thread showed the stats for kobe in his prime yrs vs lebron. So scott skiles one game isnt consistant with his career, unlike the stats of stockton or in this case lebron.

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

pimp.gif

5 rings > stats.

Yes that is true comparing a game, but the stats posted earlier in this thread and in the other thread showed the stats for kobe in his prime yrs vs lebron. So scott skiles one game isnt consistant with his career, unlike the stats of stockton or in this case lebron.

I think what they just debated on First Take was pretty accurate.
For those that didn't see it or watch it:
  • Lebron has to play better and go 6 for 6 and be the main reason they win the title. Get 7 Finals MVP over Jordan's 6.
  • If he stayed in Cleveland and turned them into a dynasty,winning even 4 maybe you can argue if you take Jordan or Bron.
  • Broussard (don't care if I spelled it wrong) even hinted at saying if Bron opted out his contract and went back to Cleveland (
    roll.gif
    roll.gif
    roll.gif
    )  after winning 3 or 4 with the Heat maybe you can discuss.
I would agree that if Lebron had turned that franchise into a dynasty I would even consider maybe putting bron ahead of Jordan but to me you would have to one up him what he did in the regular season. I mean being the Defensive player of the year and MVP in the same season
sick.gif
. I can't see Bron doing that with Dwight holding that trophy. I'll give bron that he's better skilled but winning is only the thing that really matters. Plus Dwade will always have one more than you and at some point I wonder will that get to Lebron.

Just my thoughts.....

• Lebron has to play better and go 6 for 6 and be the main reason they win the title. Get 7 Finals MVP over Jordan's 6.
  • If he stayed in Cleveland and turned them into a dynasty,winning even 4 maybe you can argue if you take Jordan or Bron.
  • Broussard (don't care if I spelled it wrong) even hinted at saying if Bron opted out his contract and went back to Cleveland (
    roll.gif
    roll.gif
    roll.gif
I would agree that if Lebron had turned that franchise into a dynasty I would even consider maybe putting bron ahead of Jordan but to me you would have to one up him what he did in the regular season. I mean being the Defensive player of the year and MVP in the same season
sick.gif
. I can't see Bron doing that with Dwight holding that trophy. I'll give bron that he's better skilled but winning is only the thing that really matters. Plus Dwade will always have one more than you and at some point I wonder will that get to Lebron.

Just my thoughts.....

Originally Posted by HOOD17

roll.gif
    roll.gif
    roll.gif
sick.gif

Just my thoughts.....

If LeBron could turn arguably the worst franchise city in sports history, forget mj, he'd be possibly the greatest sports figure period. He would one have to some kinda way make the worst/most poorest business team owners in bball(and one could make an argument for sports) All of a sudden become financial genuises, and have the business sense from a team ownership standpoint make even somewhat good moves. He also would have to convince players to come play in/for one of the most horrid cities in the us.  Then somehow get a decent to good coach to want to come and coach there. If he woulda been able to this from a player only aspect, that would easily put him beyond bball, he would have done the impossible,unheard. Seeing that no one has been able to do this in the history of the state in professional sports made any of the teams relevent and great enough to be champion(s).

Originally Posted by HOOD17

roll.gif
    roll.gif
    roll.gif
sick.gif

Just my thoughts.....

If LeBron could turn arguably the worst franchise city in sports history, forget mj, he'd be possibly the greatest sports figure period. He would one have to some kinda way make the worst/most poorest business team owners in bball(and one could make an argument for sports) All of a sudden become financial genuises, and have the business sense from a team ownership standpoint make even somewhat good moves. He also would have to convince players to come play in/for one of the most horrid cities in the us.  Then somehow get a decent to good coach to want to come and coach there. If he woulda been able to this from a player only aspect, that would easily put him beyond bball, he would have done the impossible,unheard. Seeing that no one has been able to do this in the history of the state in professional sports made any of the teams relevent and great enough to be champion(s).

Changing teams means NOTHING!!! What if Wade and Bosh would have went to Cleveland? It would have been the same thing, but LeBron would have stuck with his team and "built a dynasty". You're really just complaining about the jersey on his back and the logo on the floor. I can guarantee you nobody thinks Shaq is any less of an all time great because he had to go to LA win win. Nobody cares that Kareem went to LA to grab 5 of his 6 chips.

AT THE END OF LEBRON'S CAREER, NOBODY WILL CARE THAT HE CHANGED TEAMS.

You can pretend that MJ stayed on the "same team", but in reality, the only players on the 2nd 3peat that were on the first one are MJ and Pippen. Entirely different team. Look at the Laker roster for Kobe's first 3 rings and the roster for his last 2. They wear the same uniform, but it's not the same team. You're really just complaining about a logo.

Changing teams means NOTHING!!! What if Wade and Bosh would have went to Cleveland? It would have been the same thing, but LeBron would have stuck with his team and "built a dynasty". You're really just complaining about the jersey on his back and the logo on the floor. I can guarantee you nobody thinks Shaq is any less of an all time great because he had to go to LA win win. Nobody cares that Kareem went to LA to grab 5 of his 6 chips.

You can pretend that MJ stayed on the "same team", but in reality, the only players on the 2nd 3peat that were on the first one are MJ and Pippen. Entirely different team. Look at the Laker roster for Kobe's first 3 rings and the roster for his last 2. They wear the same uniform, but it's not the same team. You're really just complaining about a logo.

1. If Wade and Bosh went to Cleveland, they would be receiving the heat (no pun) and yes, few would be upset with LeBron. Also, Wade already brought a championship to Miami. And I think we saw Bosh carry a team that tried to rebuild two or three times and was never really good. That didn't happen to LeBron.

2. Those guys (Shaq, Kareem, etc) were NOT hailed as the GOAT. Plus, they did not promise to bring a championship to their team. On top of it all, neither player joined a team with guys in their prime and the top 5 at the position. Also, Kareem was traded, dude. He didn't make the choice.

3. When people say "same team", you know they mean they didn't leave via choice, right? So, yes, MJ stayed with the same team, regardless of the moves of the FO. Can't believe you actually said that like some defense.
laugh.gif

4. Also, the reason that the Bulls were so different when MJ returned is that the team had tried to build itself in a different way (around Pippen) and without the greatest player in basketball. So, when he came back, they tried to assemble a team that fit their franchise player. A team very similar to the first three rings.

1. If Wade and Bosh went to Cleveland, they would be receiving the heat (no pun) and yes, few would be upset with LeBron. Also, Wade already brought a championship to Miami. And I think we saw Bosh carry a team that tried to rebuild two or three times and was never really good. That didn't happen to LeBron.

2. Those guys (Shaq, Kareem, etc) were NOT hailed as the GOAT. Plus, they did not promise to bring a championship to their team. On top of it all, neither player joined a team with guys in their prime and the top 5 at the position. Also, Kareem was traded, dude. He didn't make the choice.

3. When people say "same team", you know they mean they didn't leave via choice, right? So, yes, MJ stayed with the same team, regardless of the moves of the FO. Can't believe you actually said that like some defense.
laugh.gif

4. Also, the reason that the Bulls were so different when MJ returned is that the team had tried to build itself in a different way (around Pippen) and without the greatest player in basketball. So, when he came back, they tried to assemble a team that fit their franchise player. A team very similar to the first three rings.

Back
Top Bottom