Pippen Says LeBron is "Best Player Ever"

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Newsflash, former players don't really make great talent evaluators.
If former players don't then who?  The fans?  Really?
I said "don't really" as in "don't necessarily." Nowhere did I say the fans, per se. The best talent evaluators are simply the guys who know what to look for in a player and how the skills translate at the college/pro level.  Being a former player has essentially no correlation to scouting talent.

laugh.gif
 LeBron has been in the league for almost a decade. Over-generalizing $@%...you were just really confused when you wrote this, weren't you?

Newsflash, former players don't really make great talent evaluators.
I said "don't really" as in "don't necessarily." Nowhere did I say the fans, per se. The best talent evaluators are simply the guys who know what to look for in a player and how the skills translate at the college/pro level.  Being a former player has essentially no correlation to scouting talent.

laugh.gif
 LeBron has been in the league for almost a decade. Over-generalizing $@%...you were just really confused when you wrote this, weren't you?

Originally Posted by MrONegative

laugh.gif
Uh, no. My original point was that you can't take what former players say about basketball talent as gospel just because they were former players. Malta then asked who I thought made the best talent evaluators if not former players, and I said what I said.

laugh.gif
Uh, no. My original point was that you can't take what former players say about basketball talent as gospel just because they were former players. Malta then asked who I thought made the best talent evaluators if not former players, and I said what I said.

laugh.gif

And your evidence against whatever he thinks about LeBron is that he couldn't scout college players. Brilliant.

laugh.gif

And your evidence against whatever he thinks about LeBron is that he couldn't scout college players. Brilliant.

Originally Posted by illfrozn

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

Changing teams means NOTHING!!! What if Wade and Bosh would have went to Cleveland? It would have been the same thing, but LeBron would have stuck with his team and "built a dynasty". You're really just complaining about the jersey on his back and the logo on the floor. I can guarantee you nobody thinks Shaq is any less of an all time great because he had to go to LA win win. Nobody cares that Kareem went to LA to grab 5 of his 6 chips.

AT THE END OF LEBRON'S CAREER, NOBODY WILL CARE THAT HE CHANGED TEAMS.

You can pretend that MJ stayed on the "same team", but in reality, the only players on the 2nd 3peat that were on the first one are MJ and Pippen. Entirely different team. Look at the Laker roster for Kobe's first 3 rings and the roster for his last 2. They wear the same uniform, but it's not the same team. You're really just complaining about a logo.
1. If Wade and Bosh went to Cleveland, they would be receiving the heat (no pun) and yes, few would be upset with LeBron. Also, Wade already brought a championship to Miami. And I think we saw Bosh carry a team that tried to rebuild two or three times and was never really good. That didn't happen to LeBron.

2. Those guys (Shaq, Kareem, etc) were NOT hailed as the GOAT. Plus, they did not promise to bring a championship to their team. On top of it all, neither player joined a team with guys in their prime and the top 5 at the position. Also, Kareem was traded, dude. He didn't make the choice.

3. When people say "same team", you know they mean they didn't leave via choice, right? So, yes, MJ stayed with the same team, regardless of the moves of the FO. Can't believe you actually said that like some defense.
laugh.gif

4. Also, the reason that the Bulls were so different when MJ returned is that the team had tried to build itself in a different way (around Pippen) and without the greatest player in basketball. So, when he came back, they tried to assemble a team that fit their franchise player. A team very similar to the first three rings.
1. LeBron is the same situation as Bosh. He played for a franchise that was NEVER serious about building a championship caliber team. Do you honestly think Mo Williams, 33 year old Antawn Jamison and a 37 year old Shaq were the best they could acquire? You say Bosh had to carry a bad team, but it's the same with LeBron. You could even make the argument that the Raptors without Bosh are a better team than the Cavs without LeBron.

2. Kareem wasn't considered as the possible GOAT??? Of corse he was. He still is. Kareem DID bring a chip to the Bucks. He didn't get traded to a great Laker team, but shortly after, they drafted Magic Johnson. He won 5 titles on one of the most stacked teams in history. AND, he actually did choose to be traded. He asked for it because after he became a muslim and changed his name, he wanted to go to a larger city where he would be able to practice his religion with other muslims. The Bucks franchise were nice enough to agree and traded him to LA.

3. It's not a defense. Tons of players get traded every year. Tons of free agents choose their team of choice every year. There's nothing to defend about. Kobe desperately wanted to get traded from the Lakers. He even asked publicly to get traded. The only reason he didn't go to another team is that the Lakers didn't agree to it. Would it have made him lesser of a player? Absolutely not. There's nothing wrong with it. There's no honor in losing and there's even less honor in sticking with a bad team for the $$$.

Originally Posted by illfrozn

Changing teams means NOTHING!!! What if Wade and Bosh would have went to Cleveland? It would have been the same thing, but LeBron would have stuck with his team and "built a dynasty". You're really just complaining about the jersey on his back and the logo on the floor. I can guarantee you nobody thinks Shaq is any less of an all time great because he had to go to LA win win. Nobody cares that Kareem went to LA to grab 5 of his 6 chips.

AT THE END OF LEBRON'S CAREER, NOBODY WILL CARE THAT HE CHANGED TEAMS.

You can pretend that MJ stayed on the "same team", but in reality, the only players on the 2nd 3peat that were on the first one are MJ and Pippen. Entirely different team. Look at the Laker roster for Kobe's first 3 rings and the roster for his last 2. They wear the same uniform, but it's not the same team. You're really just complaining about a logo.
1. If Wade and Bosh went to Cleveland, they would be receiving the heat (no pun) and yes, few would be upset with LeBron. Also, Wade already brought a championship to Miami. And I think we saw Bosh carry a team that tried to rebuild two or three times and was never really good. That didn't happen to LeBron.

2. Those guys (Shaq, Kareem, etc) were NOT hailed as the GOAT. Plus, they did not promise to bring a championship to their team. On top of it all, neither player joined a team with guys in their prime and the top 5 at the position. Also, Kareem was traded, dude. He didn't make the choice.

3. When people say "same team", you know they mean they didn't leave via choice, right? So, yes, MJ stayed with the same team, regardless of the moves of the FO. Can't believe you actually said that like some defense.
laugh.gif

4. Also, the reason that the Bulls were so different when MJ returned is that the team had tried to build itself in a different way (around Pippen) and without the greatest player in basketball. So, when he came back, they tried to assemble a team that fit their franchise player. A team very similar to the first three rings.
1. LeBron is the same situation as Bosh. He played for a franchise that was NEVER serious about building a championship caliber team. Do you honestly think Mo Williams, 33 year old Antawn Jamison and a 37 year old Shaq were the best they could acquire? You say Bosh had to carry a bad team, but it's the same with LeBron. You could even make the argument that the Raptors without Bosh are a better team than the Cavs without LeBron.

2. Kareem wasn't considered as the possible GOAT??? Of corse he was. He still is. Kareem DID bring a chip to the Bucks. He didn't get traded to a great Laker team, but shortly after, they drafted Magic Johnson. He won 5 titles on one of the most stacked teams in history. AND, he actually did choose to be traded. He asked for it because after he became a muslim and changed his name, he wanted to go to a larger city where he would be able to practice his religion with other muslims. The Bucks franchise were nice enough to agree and traded him to LA.

3. It's not a defense. Tons of players get traded every year. Tons of free agents choose their team of choice every year. There's nothing to defend about. Kobe desperately wanted to get traded from the Lakers. He even asked publicly to get traded. The only reason he didn't go to another team is that the Lakers didn't agree to it. Would it have made him lesser of a player? Absolutely not. There's nothing wrong with it. There's no honor in losing and there's even less honor in sticking with a bad team for the $$$.

laugh.gif

Reading is fundamental. I basically said just because Pippen was a great player doesn't mean he is right in making this comparison, reason being is that former players aren't necessarily great talent evaluators. Not sure what the problem is with that assertion, or why you're obsessing over semantics.

laugh.gif

Reading is fundamental. I basically said just because Pippen was a great player doesn't mean he is right in making this comparison, reason being is that former players aren't necessarily great talent evaluators. Not sure what the problem is with that assertion, or why you're obsessing over semantics.

Originally Posted by roc4life24

3. LeBron IS better than prime Kobe in most aspects of the game. If you take Kobe's best season, Lebron has multiple seasons where he's better in scoring (PPG, FG%), assists, rebounding, steals, blocks, etc... The only things Kobe has the edge on is 3P% and FT%. These are the facts.
as far as stats yes. but line up the 2003 kobe (with extra weight) vs lebron now, kobe by a mile. its not  about stats all the time.its the craftsmanship of the game, how you play and execute the game. midrange post game 3pt defense, plus his bball iq its a done deal. 
if his  3pt% and ft % are better that should tell you how much better his jumper is right there. what you have seen with your own eyes. 

i think some one on by twitter put it best , there are no clutch players just clutch performances. considering no one is over 60% anyways

their best performances in each category. if lebron worked on his free throws his FG% would be 60%.  (better form better shots)

if he took a 100k free throws this summer next yrs lebron would off chain. 
pimp.gif

[table][tr][th=""]FG% [/th][th=""]3P% [/th][th=""]FT% [/th][th=""]RPG [/th][th=""]APG [/th][th=""]SPG [/th][th=""]BPG [/th][th=""]PPG[/th][/tr][/table]kobe .469/.383/.868/6.9/6.0/2.2/1.0/35.4

lebron  .510/.351/.780/7.9/8.6/2.2/1.1/31.4

This guy is an idiiot. lol

Originally Posted by roc4life24

3. LeBron IS better than prime Kobe in most aspects of the game. If you take Kobe's best season, Lebron has multiple seasons where he's better in scoring (PPG, FG%), assists, rebounding, steals, blocks, etc... The only things Kobe has the edge on is 3P% and FT%. These are the facts.
as far as stats yes. but line up the 2003 kobe (with extra weight) vs lebron now, kobe by a mile. its not  about stats all the time.its the craftsmanship of the game, how you play and execute the game. midrange post game 3pt defense, plus his bball iq its a done deal. 
if his  3pt% and ft % are better that should tell you how much better his jumper is right there. what you have seen with your own eyes. 

i think some one on by twitter put it best , there are no clutch players just clutch performances. considering no one is over 60% anyways

their best performances in each category. if lebron worked on his free throws his FG% would be 60%.  (better form better shots)

if he took a 100k free throws this summer next yrs lebron would off chain. 
pimp.gif

[table][tr][th=""]FG% [/th][th=""]3P% [/th][th=""]FT% [/th][th=""]RPG [/th][th=""]APG [/th][th=""]SPG [/th][th=""]BPG [/th][th=""]PPG[/th][/tr][/table]kobe .469/.383/.868/6.9/6.0/2.2/1.0/35.4

lebron  .510/.351/.780/7.9/8.6/2.2/1.1/31.4

This guy is an idiiot. lol

Originally Posted by Klock

Kobe has to be in the greatest ever talk.

And Wilt's numbers and career is completely overrated imo

7plus footer playin against shorter whiter less athletic players

smh
Short white guys like this?
d8c36ef764e79a247ddc4f13bb42f726323c06df_r.jpg

lmao them @%*$!# playin in keds and chucks.
you really think they could stop shaq when his sneakers had co2?

this is so silly.

things change. times change.

no one can be the best forever.

also u gotta understand these cats had no shot clocks and the level of play is no where near where it is today.

imagine if the nba was back then how it is today.

all those "hood legends" woulda hit the leauge and these same guys wouldnt be so special.

smh

this is so silly.

things change. times change.

no one can be the best forever.

also u gotta understand these cats had no shot clocks and the level of play is no where near where it is today.

imagine if the nba was back then how it is today.

all those "hood legends" woulda hit the leauge and these same guys wouldnt be so special.

LEBRON JAMES HAS NO CASE AGAINST MICHAEL JORDAN.

Not only does he have no case against MJ, he has NO CASE against Kareem, Russell, Wilt, Magic, Bird, Shaq. HE IS NOT EVEN A TOP 10 OF ALL TIME.

*IF* He can grab 5 or 6 rings & finals MVP's and maintain the level of play he has had for the past 3 seasons, you have to put him in the conversation with MJ. At this point though, you can't do it. I don't think ever will. I think at the end of his NBA career he'll be there with Magic & Larry, but not MJ. It's possible, but it's gonna be really hard to maintain his current level of play for 6-8 more seasons.

LEBRON JAMES HAS NO CASE AGAINST MICHAEL JORDAN.

Not only does he have no case against MJ, he has NO CASE against Kareem, Russell, Wilt, Magic, Bird, Shaq. HE IS NOT EVEN A TOP 10 OF ALL TIME.

*IF* He can grab 5 or 6 rings & finals MVP's and maintain the level of play he has had for the past 3 seasons, you have to put him in the conversation with MJ. At this point though, you can't do it. I don't think ever will. I think at the end of his NBA career he'll be there with Magic & Larry, but not MJ. It's possible, but it's gonna be really hard to maintain his current level of play for 6-8 more seasons.

Originally Posted by likethematrix

smh

Wilt would have made Shaq his b!#@h even more than Hakeem did. Wilt Chamberlain is the greatest pure athlete the NBA has ever seen and it's not even close. We're talking about a 7'1 guy with a vertical greater than prime MJ. This is a guy who was originally a track and field athlete who ran, did high jump, long jump, shot put, etc.... This is a guy who could stand in place and dunk from behind the free throw line without running. This is a dude who in college ran the 440 in 49.0 seconds and benched 500+lbs.

Originally Posted by likethematrix

smh

Wilt would have made Shaq his b!#@h even more than Hakeem did. Wilt Chamberlain is the greatest pure athlete the NBA has ever seen and it's not even close. We're talking about a 7'1 guy with a vertical greater than prime MJ. This is a guy who was originally a track and field athlete who ran, did high jump, long jump, shot put, etc.... This is a guy who could stand in place and dunk from behind the free throw line without running. This is a dude who in college ran the 440 in 49.0 seconds and benched 500+lbs.

Yeah...but it's not '06 or '07 anymore. We're not talking about what he will or could be, just what he's putting out right in front of us. Pippen is who he is, been through what's he been through. It's much if your argument is, well he was great, but what would he know. He might be caught up in the moment, but forget that evaluating talent mess. It's not the off-season when everyone forgets what players are good at.

Back
Top Bottom