Pit Bulls...I think i hate NT's favorite dog breed

I am not a big fan of pits.  I have a few in my neighborhood and the dog wardens are constantly called by other neighbors because they kill squirrels/rabbits/etc..  Nothing major killed.. yet.  I have a wolf hybrid and I will stick with wolf hybrids because they look so mean but have such a good temperment.  Mine would never hurt a thing.

I am not a big fan of pits.  I have a few in my neighborhood and the dog wardens are constantly called by other neighbors because they kill squirrels/rabbits/etc..  Nothing major killed.. yet.  I have a wolf hybrid and I will stick with wolf hybrids because they look so mean but have such a good temperment.  Mine would never hurt a thing.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Originally Posted by Dropten

She is intelligent she doesn't run up and shove her hand in a dogs face.  She does the bend down in front say hi see how they are and slowly reach for dog to smell her hand.

It just worries me that the dog is capable of killing her. 

I understand that a good owner can make a good pit.  I grew up with dobermans and i had a Rottweiler and they were all super friendly.  But the women across the street....let's just say....doesn't look like she is a friendly person.....walking around with her huge pit on just kinda worries me.  If that thing gets out one day...rip to my dog. 

im obviously kidding about hating the whole breed btw just if i had small kids and there were pits around with possible negligent owners i would rather them not be there due to the results of pit attacks.   

Edit: you are correct the second article is titled Pit Bull Attack and says in the bottom american bull dog lol shame on me spreading propaganda my bad

Judging the womens personality by her looks? Come on dude. Would her personality be any different is she had a yorkie?
I am not judging her by her dog.  I am just judging her by the mug she always has on when i wave at her and her hard-body walk with her tated up arm and her slightly tattered off-white pele-pele shirt she tends to wear.

She could be really nice i kind of feel bad for judging her but you get my point.

And I am from MD, i live in bel air i work in greenbelt (right near college park).  This was brought up on the Mickey Amelia and Speigle morning show on 98 rock like last week when all the sheep got killed thats what made me ask NT if anyone listens to the show.
Dude, im the same way, but im still an approachable individual. You cant live like that.

OP Which one of these dogs is a Pitbull terrier??

Staffordshire_bull_terrier.jpg

irish-staffordshire-bull-terrier-0010.jpg

images

images

She is intelligent she doesn't run up and shove her hand in a dogs face.  She does the bend down in front say hi see how they are and slowly reach for dog to smell her hand.

It just worries me that the dog is capable of killing her. 

I understand that a good owner can make a good pit.  I grew up with dobermans and i had a Rottweiler and they were all super friendly.  But the women across the street....let's just say....doesn't look like she is a friendly person.....walking around with her huge pit on just kinda worries me.  If that thing gets out one day...rip to my dog. 

im obviously kidding about hating the whole breed btw just if i had small kids and there were pits around with possible negligent owners i would rather them not be there due to the results of pit attacks.   

Edit: you are correct the second article is titled Pit Bull Attack and says in the bottom american bull dog lol shame on me spreading propaganda my bad

Judging the womens personality by her looks? Come on dude. Would her personality be any different is she had a yorkie?
I am not judging her by her dog.  I am just judging her by the mug she always has on when i wave at her and her hard-body walk with her tated up arm and her slightly tattered off-white pele-pele shirt she tends to wear.

She could be really nice i kind of feel bad for judging her but you get my point.

And I am from MD, i live in bel air i work in greenbelt (right near college park).  This was brought up on the Mickey Amelia and Speigle morning show on 98 rock like last week when all the sheep got killed thats what made me ask NT if anyone listens to the show.
Dude, im the same way, but im still an approachable individual. You cant live like that.

images

images

images

images

THIS.
most people can't tell that there are 4 different dogs here. you got a dogo argentina, an american bull dog a staffordshire terrier and an american pitbull terrier

how could you hate this face?

images

images

THIS.
most people can't tell that there are 4 different dogs here. you got a dogo argentina, an american bull dog a staffordshire terrier and an american pitbull terrier

Originally Posted by JuJu

images

images

THIS.

Actually #1 and 2 are Staffs. 3 is a Dogo and 4 is American bulldog lol. It even trips me up they look so much alike.

Originally Posted by JuJu

images

images

THIS.

Actually #1 and 2 are Staffs. 3 is a Dogo and 4 is American bulldog lol. It even trips me up they look so much alike.

^^ Isn't the giveaway the white stripe down the middle?

And just to add to the discussion, it all depends on how the dog is brought up. I had a pitbull that was just as nice as my childhood golden retriever.

^^ Isn't the giveaway the white stripe down the middle?

And just to add to the discussion, it all depends on how the dog is brought up. I had a pitbull that was just as nice as my childhood golden retriever.

Blind guess number 1 lol.

I mean in all honesty her dog looks like number 1. It is rather short and muscular looking.

But I will gladly admit that i think number 1 or 2 could be a Pit. I am completely ignorant to the breed but mind informing me if there is a difference in demeanor in the slight off-set's of the breed? I figure they are all mildly the same. I know my chiweiner (yep come at me bro) acts just like a regular dachshund just a little more yappy. So i just assume that most of the dogs shown would be on extremely strong and if provoked could eat me side.

Again not to offend just ignorant toward it really. appreciate the info.

Blind guess number 1 lol.

I mean in all honesty her dog looks like number 1. It is rather short and muscular looking.

But I will gladly admit that i think number 1 or 2 could be a Pit. I am completely ignorant to the breed but mind informing me if there is a difference in demeanor in the slight off-set's of the breed? I figure they are all mildly the same. I know my chiweiner (yep come at me bro) acts just like a regular dachshund just a little more yappy. So i just assume that most of the dogs shown would be on extremely strong and if provoked could eat me side.

Again not to offend just ignorant toward it really. appreciate the info.

Not to come at you OP, but you dont really seem like you want to be proven wrong, more like you have your opinion and you dont care what the reality is. I love pits, and plenty of other breeds too, so I hope you give them a chance. The points you expected people to bring up are valid points, but also like people said a lot of the so-called "pitbulls" that attack people aren't really pits.

Not to come at you OP, but you dont really seem like you want to be proven wrong, more like you have your opinion and you dont care what the reality is. I love pits, and plenty of other breeds too, so I hope you give them a chance. The points you expected people to bring up are valid points, but also like people said a lot of the so-called "pitbulls" that attack people aren't really pits.

not a fan of pitts either (from an aesthetic standpoint).. but the sweetest most gentle dog ive ever come across was my gfs blue-nose, Jada (RIP). 
frown.gif
 so i cant really judge. 

not a fan of pitts either (from an aesthetic standpoint).. but the sweetest most gentle dog ive ever come across was my gfs blue-nose, Jada (RIP). 
frown.gif
 so i cant really judge. 

i felt the same way until a pitbull puppy showed up at my door one day. She was the nicest, most well behaved dog ive ever met and everyone that met her said the same. She changed everyones perception of the breed. its been said before, but pits are territorial and loyal to their owner by nature and they look intimidating but It all depends on how they are raised. RIP lluvia

Back
Top Bottom