Pit Bulls...I think i hate NT's favorite dog breed

i felt the same way until a pitbull puppy showed up at my door one day. She was the nicest, most well behaved dog ive ever met and everyone that met her said the same. She changed everyones perception of the breed. its been said before, but pits are territorial and loyal to their owner by nature and they look intimidating but It all depends on how they are raised. RIP lluvia

Originally Posted by swendro88

Originally Posted by angeezy

embarassed.gif

AWWWW
my "pit" is just as sweet...� she'd probably do the exact same thing as this dog.� cant say the same about my puppy boxer,� that crazy dog would definitely have one of them in his mouth.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by swendro88

Originally Posted by angeezy

embarassed.gif

AWWWW
my "pit" is just as sweet...� she'd probably do the exact same thing as this dog.� cant say the same about my puppy boxer,� that crazy dog would definitely have one of them in his mouth.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Not to come at you OP, but you dont really seem like you want to be proven wrong, more like you have your opinion and you dont care what the reality is. I love pits, and plenty of other breeds too, so I hope you give them a chance. The points you expected people to bring up are valid points, but also like people said a lot of the so-called "pitbulls" that attack people aren't really pits.

I hear you.  I would be lying if i said  "O well everyone on NT has great pit experiences so i must be wrong pit's really are great loving dogs"  because i know my opinion in the end is there are nice pit's out there and a lot has to do with the owner but i do not want, or want my kids around, a dog with that type of power and a some-what checkered background.

But i really appreciate the responses it would take having a really good experience with one to change my mind.  I have one friend who owns one and its a cool dog and all but when it gets a toy in its mouth and you play tug of war with it.....you lose.  Thinking about that being my arm is just scary to me.  So, for now, i still hold a lot of reservations about the breed.

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Not to come at you OP, but you dont really seem like you want to be proven wrong, more like you have your opinion and you dont care what the reality is. I love pits, and plenty of other breeds too, so I hope you give them a chance. The points you expected people to bring up are valid points, but also like people said a lot of the so-called "pitbulls" that attack people aren't really pits.

I hear you.  I would be lying if i said  "O well everyone on NT has great pit experiences so i must be wrong pit's really are great loving dogs"  because i know my opinion in the end is there are nice pit's out there and a lot has to do with the owner but i do not want, or want my kids around, a dog with that type of power and a some-what checkered background.

But i really appreciate the responses it would take having a really good experience with one to change my mind.  I have one friend who owns one and its a cool dog and all but when it gets a toy in its mouth and you play tug of war with it.....you lose.  Thinking about that being my arm is just scary to me.  So, for now, i still hold a lot of reservations about the breed.

My problem is not the dog, but the irresponsible owners.  I had a run in with a lady that was standing outside of the cornerstore with
her unleashed pit bull.  As soon as I get out of my car the dog approaches and just stares.  I ask the lady to call the dog off and she just
laughs like it's a game. As I'm walking towards the store the dog leaps up at me.  I'm not sure if he's playing or not, but I hit it with the most vicious
knee strike that I could.  It was when her dog fell to the ground that the lady decided to call her dog back to her and start cursing me out. 
I told her if the dog approached after I made my purchases, that I would fill it with bullets.  Wisely, leashed her dog and left.

As long as the pit bull is leashed by a responsible owner that's capable of being in full control of it,
then I have no problems.
And this goes for any dog, not just pits.

My problem is not the dog, but the irresponsible owners.  I had a run in with a lady that was standing outside of the cornerstore with
her unleashed pit bull.  As soon as I get out of my car the dog approaches and just stares.  I ask the lady to call the dog off and she just
laughs like it's a game. As I'm walking towards the store the dog leaps up at me.  I'm not sure if he's playing or not, but I hit it with the most vicious
knee strike that I could.  It was when her dog fell to the ground that the lady decided to call her dog back to her and start cursing me out. 
I told her if the dog approached after I made my purchases, that I would fill it with bullets.  Wisely, leashed her dog and left.

As long as the pit bull is leashed by a responsible owner that's capable of being in full control of it,
then I have no problems.

Dude said B-More! second time i've heard that. Thats whats up.

I prefer either a Kane Corso or a Dogo Argentino. Those are real dogs right there!

I prefer either a Kane Corso or a Dogo Argentino. Those are real dogs right there!

Siberian husky >>> Pitbull

I will tell you tho, I had to take care of my cousins young pit & it was a legit dog who was very happy and social. He kept on molesting my leg tho

Siberian husky >>> Pitbull

I will tell you tho, I had to take care of my cousins young pit & it was a legit dog who was very happy and social. He kept on molesting my leg tho

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

then I have no problems.

This had me
roll.gif
roll.gif

for some reason i envisioned you doing it like this

images

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

then I have no problems.

This had me
roll.gif
roll.gif

for some reason i envisioned you doing it like this

images

^
roll.gif
knee strike
pitbulls are
pimp.gif
 they act the most "human" in any dog ive ever seen. even more than the golden retreiver.

^
roll.gif
knee strike
pitbulls are
pimp.gif
 they act the most "human" in any dog ive ever seen. even more than the golden retreiver.

Originally Posted by JRThumper85

Do you know anybody with one of these two dogs? They intrigue me but I've never met or seen anybody with one. 

Originally Posted by JRThumper85

Do you know anybody with one of these two dogs? They intrigue me but I've never met or seen anybody with one. 

-I DESPISE harmless dogs.
-I fear big dogs that I'm unfamiliar with.
-I only approach/pet/associate with dogs I've known since they were puppies (I.E. ones that would perceive me an authority figure)

I like it that way. They're @%$@$%@ animals.

-I DESPISE harmless dogs.
-I fear big dogs that I'm unfamiliar with.
-I only approach/pet/associate with dogs I've known since they were puppies (I.E. ones that would perceive me an authority figure)

I like it that way. They're @%$@$%@ animals.

Back
Top Bottom