Playground BBall habits.

The semi athletic black point guard who comes down and cant make a f'n shot or layup, then he stops shooting completely. Ran into this yesterday and dude said " Really Im just tryin to get my teammates involved.".........

The semi athletic black point guard who comes down and cant make a f'n shot or layup, then he stops shooting completely. Ran into this yesterday and dude said " Really Im just tryin to get my teammates involved.".........

wow great topic OP..

couple of things I hate

1st ) that guy that sweats like Hell. when you try n box him out, all you feel is OD sweat ewww

2) I hate the guard that thinks he so nice and calling / yelling play defense for no reason.

3) hate dudes that hack like its the game 7 of the NBA finals.. its pick up ball relax and calm down

wow great topic OP..

couple of things I hate

1st ) that guy that sweats like Hell. when you try n box him out, all you feel is OD sweat ewww

2) I hate the guard that thinks he so nice and calling / yelling play defense for no reason.

3) hate dudes that hack like its the game 7 of the NBA finals.. its pick up ball relax and calm down

Originally Posted by Statis22

When the sorriest, most uncoordinated guy who can't shoot, dribble, pass or do anything right hits the game winner and everybody's like
indifferent.gif

This is me right here
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
(I can shoot well but only if I'm completely wide open)

Dudes will relax when I have the ball thinking I won't do @#$% since I can't dribble...I just take the elbow jumper and win the game
laugh.gif
Then when they want to run it back I'm just like "nah man I gotta go home and study"

Retiring on top
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Statis22

When the sorriest, most uncoordinated guy who can't shoot, dribble, pass or do anything right hits the game winner and everybody's like
indifferent.gif

This is me right here
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
(I can shoot well but only if I'm completely wide open)

Dudes will relax when I have the ball thinking I won't do @#$% since I can't dribble...I just take the elbow jumper and win the game
laugh.gif
Then when they want to run it back I'm just like "nah man I gotta go home and study"

Retiring on top
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

-Dudes that play foul/raping defense
-Oh boy who thinks he Kobe takin so many dumb shots
-Teammates that just stand and watch when you have the ball

-Dudes that play foul/raping defense
-Oh boy who thinks he Kobe takin so many dumb shots
-Teammates that just stand and watch when you have the ball

My go to move in the post is a double-pivot/up-n-under and dudes ALWAYS call a travel.  SMH, plus how can you see my feet when your @!# is way up in the air falling for a fake?

People who demand I stay in the post cause I'm 6'8.  Then a hit a few threes a game and they shut up.

The little 6'1 dudes who mug me while I'm posting, literally give me a two hand shove in the back to try to move me off the block.  Then get heated as hell when I shoulder them in the chest hard as hell before drop-stepping.  I can always tell who the dude is gonna be, the jacked 6'0 dude who gets amped to guard me and will try to muscle me, yet when I muscle back they get pissed.

Guards who try to post and if they don't get the ball after a few seconds continue to just stand there clogging up the lane.  Just people who don't understand spacing in general.

Dudes that undercut you when you go up for a dunk.

Dudes that foul no matter what.  Some games a dude will literally give me a bear hug from behind as soon as I catch the ball on the block.

"One-pass & shot" possessions.  We aren't the cotdamn Knicks.

The PG on your team with a horrible IQ.  We'll run a pick-n-roll twice and get something good out of it, I go to set another screen and the dude waives me off and makes some horrible decision that doesn't lead to a bucket.

My go to move in the post is a double-pivot/up-n-under and dudes ALWAYS call a travel.  SMH, plus how can you see my feet when your @!# is way up in the air falling for a fake?

People who demand I stay in the post cause I'm 6'8.  Then a hit a few threes a game and they shut up.

The little 6'1 dudes who mug me while I'm posting, literally give me a two hand shove in the back to try to move me off the block.  Then get heated as hell when I shoulder them in the chest hard as hell before drop-stepping.  I can always tell who the dude is gonna be, the jacked 6'0 dude who gets amped to guard me and will try to muscle me, yet when I muscle back they get pissed.

Guards who try to post and if they don't get the ball after a few seconds continue to just stand there clogging up the lane.  Just people who don't understand spacing in general.

Dudes that undercut you when you go up for a dunk.

Dudes that foul no matter what.  Some games a dude will literally give me a bear hug from behind as soon as I catch the ball on the block.

"One-pass & shot" possessions.  We aren't the cotdamn Knicks.

The PG on your team with a horrible IQ.  We'll run a pick-n-roll twice and get something good out of it, I go to set another screen and the dude waives me off and makes some horrible decision that doesn't lead to a bucket.

I can see when the defense shouldnt be able to call the foul, but sometimes I call a foul on myself to be curtious like I got you. If it goes in you still getting the points.

Im coming in 7 pages late so idk if its been covered but the number one thing that grids my gears is when your playing hustle or whatever on a half court and people dont take the ball back if you miss the rim. Instead they put it back for a wide open lay up. Like no, the point of taking the ball back is to simulate a full court game. If you airball it on a full court you dont get to put the ball back up on the same damn hoop. How the hell this rule came about is beyond me.

I can see when the defense shouldnt be able to call the foul, but sometimes I call a foul on myself to be curtious like I got you. If it goes in you still getting the points.

Im coming in 7 pages late so idk if its been covered but the number one thing that grids my gears is when your playing hustle or whatever on a half court and people dont take the ball back if you miss the rim. Instead they put it back for a wide open lay up. Like no, the point of taking the ball back is to simulate a full court game. If you airball it on a full court you dont get to put the ball back up on the same damn hoop. How the hell this rule came about is beyond me.

lol for me its dudes that cant stand to lose, when there team is down, its oh, first to 15 not 11, when the other teams got 14, oh win by two
laugh.gif

lol for me its dudes that cant stand to lose, when there team is down, its oh, first to 15 not 11, when the other teams got 14, oh win by two
laugh.gif

where i stay we have a couple of guys that are the head coaches of the varsity boys and girls team and they still love to play.  they open the gym and it is by invitation only through a text message to get in.  we have about 10-15 of the best talent in town come in and play serious games that avoid alot of the pet peeves many of you have already said.  most of the guys played college, all armed forces or semi pro ball, and one played pro.  the guy who played pro is 54 years old and his body fat is 5% about 6'1 and he can still dunk. (he had to be a winner of the genetic lottery) so it is quality runs.  people who do not get in call it the best run it town.  one time someone left the door open and we had about 70 cats in the gym, we were pissed!  it was hard to account for everyone while trying to play, mind you we are in the school and most of the guys who were not playing were walking around.  we were not going to get shutdown for that.  so we ended up changing the time we hoop and lock the door once we get our people in house.  in-between games when we go to the bathroom or go get water you can see the uninvited guest trying to get in, but if you open that door for them, you can kiss your invitation to get in the gym goodbye.
but being that we can not always get this group of people together i do play other places and here are the things i can not stand:

-THE NIKE COMBAT WARRIOR GEAR GUY

-the shooting sleeve

-the guy who has played in college and every league but the nba, and talks about he famous people he has played against and with

-the guy who wants to play point center - point guard - point forward and cannot dribble

-people who think the smallest guy has to play point guard

-the guy who dribbles too much, i was always taught if you can not beat your man in five dribbles pass the damn ball

-the fat guy in the tall t who plays from 3 point line to 3 point line

-the scrub who runs to shoot for captain becuz he knows he will not be picked up

-the guy in the sweaty t shirt get a dri fit or dry power from walmart or something

-the guy who has the brand new shoes and complains when someone scuffs them up

-the headband wrist band guy

-the cats who sucks but has a homeboy who can play and then you get on the court with them and he makes you lose

-games that are not serious when everyone is getting tired and no one is keeping score

-girls on the court or in that case when girls show up dudes trying to play like a superstar 

-dudes who can lift all the weights in the world and do not call foul, i mean we see you have muscles you do not have to prove to us how strong you are by not calling fouls, we won't think any less of you if you do.

-the dude who says i need to get in shape, dude you are over 30 with a everyday job and a family you are not getting back into highschool shape ever again

-people who get beat on defense and are above hollering for help, and get beat constantly on defense, but want to shoot to go at the guy who is scorching them

-"homeboy ball" or roomate ball where they guard eachother and they let the eachother score and will not foul eachother becuz they rode together and do not want to argue at home.

-the and one ballers, i am so glad that b.s era is over

-the scrub who rushes to shoot for captain becuz he is not going to get picked up.

-having a fast break stopped becuz the cats at the other end are shooting around, there are 10 other baskets in the gym , go shoot over there!!!

-guy waiting to see if they miss before they call ball

-letting a call go (i.e. travel) when the score is zero to zero, but when it is game point a piece that same call causes the biggest arguments for the longest time.

-when the gym is full and no one wants to lose and that first game to 15 goes for 45 minutes to an hour ( i think everybody has played in this game)

-letting the "big mouth" of the gym get all his calls

- another homeboy ball thing where they pass only to eachother

-the guy who looks like he can play when you need one more to make 10, but when you get him on the floor you might as well played 4 on 4

-waiting until the superstars of the gym showup when you have 10 decent people ready to play

-on the rare occasion i am not picked up in the first ten, seeing what is on the sideline and losing all interest in playing for the rest of the day.

-walking in late and there are only 11 people in the gym only one guy is on the side and you ask if he has next he says yes and i already have my

five ready to go, mind you there are only 12 people in the gym total

I COULD GO ON AND ON BUT I AM GOING TO STOP HERE

to the guy earlier who call people a chump for getting the team to pass the ball to me on defense, i must be the biggest chump in the world.  i average about 4 to 5 of those a game, but i always say do not blame me , blame the guy i am guarding.  i usually guard a scrub and do the things that he should be doing, cutting to the basket going to the open spot on the floor, posting him up on d, etc.  if i can do all that on defense then what the hell is he doing while  i am running around as if i am a 6th teammate.

where i stay we have a couple of guys that are the head coaches of the varsity boys and girls team and they still love to play.  they open the gym and it is by invitation only through a text message to get in.  we have about 10-15 of the best talent in town come in and play serious games that avoid alot of the pet peeves many of you have already said.  most of the guys played college, all armed forces or semi pro ball, and one played pro.  the guy who played pro is 54 years old and his body fat is 5% about 6'1 and he can still dunk. (he had to be a winner of the genetic lottery) so it is quality runs.  people who do not get in call it the best run it town.  one time someone left the door open and we had about 70 cats in the gym, we were pissed!  it was hard to account for everyone while trying to play, mind you we are in the school and most of the guys who were not playing were walking around.  we were not going to get shutdown for that.  so we ended up changing the time we hoop and lock the door once we get our people in house.  in-between games when we go to the bathroom or go get water you can see the uninvited guest trying to get in, but if you open that door for them, you can kiss your invitation to get in the gym goodbye.
but being that we can not always get this group of people together i do play other places and here are the things i can not stand:

-THE NIKE COMBAT WARRIOR GEAR GUY

-the shooting sleeve

-the guy who has played in college and every league but the nba, and talks about he famous people he has played against and with

-the guy who wants to play point center - point guard - point forward and cannot dribble

-people who think the smallest guy has to play point guard

-the guy who dribbles too much, i was always taught if you can not beat your man in five dribbles pass the damn ball

-the fat guy in the tall t who plays from 3 point line to 3 point line

-the scrub who runs to shoot for captain becuz he knows he will not be picked up

-the guy in the sweaty t shirt get a dri fit or dry power from walmart or something

-the guy who has the brand new shoes and complains when someone scuffs them up

-the headband wrist band guy

-the cats who sucks but has a homeboy who can play and then you get on the court with them and he makes you lose

-games that are not serious when everyone is getting tired and no one is keeping score

-girls on the court or in that case when girls show up dudes trying to play like a superstar 

-dudes who can lift all the weights in the world and do not call foul, i mean we see you have muscles you do not have to prove to us how strong you are by not calling fouls, we won't think any less of you if you do.

-the dude who says i need to get in shape, dude you are over 30 with a everyday job and a family you are not getting back into highschool shape ever again

-people who get beat on defense and are above hollering for help, and get beat constantly on defense, but want to shoot to go at the guy who is scorching them

-"homeboy ball" or roomate ball where they guard eachother and they let the eachother score and will not foul eachother becuz they rode together and do not want to argue at home.

-the and one ballers, i am so glad that b.s era is over

-the scrub who rushes to shoot for captain becuz he is not going to get picked up.

-having a fast break stopped becuz the cats at the other end are shooting around, there are 10 other baskets in the gym , go shoot over there!!!

-guy waiting to see if they miss before they call ball

-letting a call go (i.e. travel) when the score is zero to zero, but when it is game point a piece that same call causes the biggest arguments for the longest time.

-when the gym is full and no one wants to lose and that first game to 15 goes for 45 minutes to an hour ( i think everybody has played in this game)

-letting the "big mouth" of the gym get all his calls

- another homeboy ball thing where they pass only to eachother

-the guy who looks like he can play when you need one more to make 10, but when you get him on the floor you might as well played 4 on 4

-waiting until the superstars of the gym showup when you have 10 decent people ready to play

-on the rare occasion i am not picked up in the first ten, seeing what is on the sideline and losing all interest in playing for the rest of the day.

-walking in late and there are only 11 people in the gym only one guy is on the side and you ask if he has next he says yes and i already have my

five ready to go, mind you there are only 12 people in the gym total

I COULD GO ON AND ON BUT I AM GOING TO STOP HERE

to the guy earlier who call people a chump for getting the team to pass the ball to me on defense, i must be the biggest chump in the world.  i average about 4 to 5 of those a game, but i always say do not blame me , blame the guy i am guarding.  i usually guard a scrub and do the things that he should be doing, cutting to the basket going to the open spot on the floor, posting him up on d, etc.  if i can do all that on defense then what the hell is he doing while  i am running around as if i am a 6th teammate.

Am I the only one who rarely calls fouls? Unless I really get hammered I usually just play on.

It can be real irritating when you cant resume a game because of people who call a foul on every single play. To those people I just give them free points and try to beat them anyway.

There was also one time when dude was complaining about the score. I was positive of what the score was. Im like alright its 7-2. Dude just goes off like mann we got way more than that. Im like alright 7-3. "what you talking about" Ok fine ill give you 4 points. (Dude still complains) Ok fine the score is 7-6.

Everyone knows i just gave this guy and his team 4 points. Won anyway. Thats how I deal with those people.

Am I the only one who rarely calls fouls? Unless I really get hammered I usually just play on.

It can be real irritating when you cant resume a game because of people who call a foul on every single play. To those people I just give them free points and try to beat them anyway.

There was also one time when dude was complaining about the score. I was positive of what the score was. Im like alright its 7-2. Dude just goes off like mann we got way more than that. Im like alright 7-3. "what you talking about" Ok fine ill give you 4 points. (Dude still complains) Ok fine the score is 7-6.

Everyone knows i just gave this guy and his team 4 points. Won anyway. Thats how I deal with those people.

Originally Posted by Jay02

i never call fouls really...unless theyre real obvious like dude is hugging me to prevent me from winning the game
indifferent.gif

something happened today that pissed me off...

so this team has won like 3 games in a row...my team sucks so im trying to get this upset...its tied up 8-8...im defending the dude and he straight up falls down..he's trying to pass it from his back but nobody is open...i grab the ball, so we are stalemated for like 3 secs...obviously in "real" bball the call would be jump ball...this dude just stands up and starts walking and wants me to check it up to him. im like WHAT? its either a jump ball or a travel. and since they started im like our ball either way. "what youre calling a jump ball blah blah blah" than im like its either a jump ball or travel. finally after 10 mins of argueing dude was like shoot for it. so i shoot it yell "JIMMER!" while the ball is in the air (being cocky)
laugh.gif
and drain it so we get it and end up winning.

but i was just flabergasted at how bad this dude was trying to cheat. smh

so yes i called jump ball in a pick up game....come at me bro.

Originally Posted by Jay02

i never call fouls really...unless theyre real obvious like dude is hugging me to prevent me from winning the game
indifferent.gif

something happened today that pissed me off...

so this team has won like 3 games in a row...my team sucks so im trying to get this upset...its tied up 8-8...im defending the dude and he straight up falls down..he's trying to pass it from his back but nobody is open...i grab the ball, so we are stalemated for like 3 secs...obviously in "real" bball the call would be jump ball...this dude just stands up and starts walking and wants me to check it up to him. im like WHAT? its either a jump ball or a travel. and since they started im like our ball either way. "what youre calling a jump ball blah blah blah" than im like its either a jump ball or travel. finally after 10 mins of argueing dude was like shoot for it. so i shoot it yell "JIMMER!" while the ball is in the air (being cocky)
laugh.gif
and drain it so we get it and end up winning.

but i was just flabergasted at how bad this dude was trying to cheat. smh

so yes i called jump ball in a pick up game....come at me bro.

The Filipino dudes on the Army base who formed a squad. Dudes be running lay up lines like the NBA before the game. All while wearing thong flip flops
indifferent.gif

The Filipino dudes on the Army base who formed a squad. Dudes be running lay up lines like the NBA before the game. All while wearing thong flip flops
indifferent.gif

guy who comes with the most accessories (sleve, headband, etc.) is the worst guy

not getting back on defense

taking terrible shots

too much fast break

Back
Top Bottom