Playground BBall habits.

Originally Posted by Professor YKK

I'm 6'5" and a lot of the time when I get an offensive rebound and go up for the putback defenders will go into intentional foul mode, knowing that free throws don't exist in pick up ball and it's just gonna be up top. That's completely bogus and no one ever says anything about it because if you have a height advantage on the court it's like there's this supposed perception that you should be grateful for even having that advantage in the first place.
No we don't need to play shirts/skins. Not to sound homophobic but if the guy I'm guarding is shirtless and particularly disgusting that WILL factor into how I play defense on him.

Can't believe no one's mentioned the guy on the other team who'll try to trick you into passing him the ball either on an inbounds or in the backcourt. Have some dignity, chump. And by the way, has this guy ever been taller than 5'8" or even been remotely good? Has this guy ever not had an irrational amount of confidence? 

Weight room guy who never plays and thinks elbowing his way to the rim is basketball. I get it. You're really strong. You've tricked yourself into thinking that because you're 5'11" 210 that should be able to translate into any sort of athletic competition, even ones that demand a large amount of hand-eye coordination. But you have have zero lateral movement, have trouble getting down the court and also have trouble lifting your arms over your head. And put a shirt on, please. I don't see any females in the vicinity and the perception is that you're trying to present yourself to a dozen other dudes. Thanks. 
In another word: You're soft
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Professor YKK

I'm 6'5" and a lot of the time when I get an offensive rebound and go up for the putback defenders will go into intentional foul mode, knowing that free throws don't exist in pick up ball and it's just gonna be up top. That's completely bogus and no one ever says anything about it because if you have a height advantage on the court it's like there's this supposed perception that you should be grateful for even having that advantage in the first place.
No we don't need to play shirts/skins. Not to sound homophobic but if the guy I'm guarding is shirtless and particularly disgusting that WILL factor into how I play defense on him.

Can't believe no one's mentioned the guy on the other team who'll try to trick you into passing him the ball either on an inbounds or in the backcourt. Have some dignity, chump. And by the way, has this guy ever been taller than 5'8" or even been remotely good? Has this guy ever not had an irrational amount of confidence? 

Weight room guy who never plays and thinks elbowing his way to the rim is basketball. I get it. You're really strong. You've tricked yourself into thinking that because you're 5'11" 210 that should be able to translate into any sort of athletic competition, even ones that demand a large amount of hand-eye coordination. But you have have zero lateral movement, have trouble getting down the court and also have trouble lifting your arms over your head. And put a shirt on, please. I don't see any females in the vicinity and the perception is that you're trying to present yourself to a dozen other dudes. Thanks. 
In another word: You're soft
roll.gif

dudes with no handles that constantly post you cause their lack of handles also does it make me a dirty player if i push off on offense if they are playing me way to tight

dudes with no handles that constantly post you cause their lack of handles also does it make me a dirty player if i push off on offense if they are playing me way to tight

My top 2 things that annoy me in a pick up game are...

1. The "you fouled me but I'm not gonna call it" guy. Even if you say alright take it up top he says "nah its cool". Then why the $%^$ would you stop the game then
mad.gif

2. The "you wanna start something guy". Wants to fight you after you foul him or call a foul on him. Gets real hostile as if the Final Four is on the line

My top 2 things that annoy me in a pick up game are...

1. The "you fouled me but I'm not gonna call it" guy. Even if you say alright take it up top he says "nah its cool". Then why the $%^$ would you stop the game then
mad.gif

2. The "you wanna start something guy". Wants to fight you after you foul him or call a foul on him. Gets real hostile as if the Final Four is on the line

Originally Posted by jae oh en

i hate people who want to play zone in pickup games.
30t6p3b.gif

The zone works in pickup games especially if you have extreme mismatches. Zones work because pickup offenses dont like to space properly and pass the ball.

Originally Posted by jae oh en

i hate people who want to play zone in pickup games.
30t6p3b.gif

The zone works in pickup games especially if you have extreme mismatches. Zones work because pickup offenses dont like to space properly and pass the ball.

Originally Posted by Gottips3

Originally Posted by do work son

the guy who insists we should switch who we are guarding because my guy just hit a contested jumper.

the guy who feels the need to face guard me the whole game.

the guy who you beat off the dribble by half a step and he automatically wraps you up instead of attempting to play defense. and then has the nerve to mention that he'll keep doing it because he can't foul out in a pick up game

laugh.gif

OH MY GOSH i SEE THIS EVERYTIME.......I mean goodness sakes he as only made one shot this whole game, and you wanna switch LMAOOOOOO

+@$* bugs me like no other.

Originally Posted by Gottips3

Originally Posted by do work son

the guy who insists we should switch who we are guarding because my guy just hit a contested jumper.

the guy who feels the need to face guard me the whole game.

the guy who you beat off the dribble by half a step and he automatically wraps you up instead of attempting to play defense. and then has the nerve to mention that he'll keep doing it because he can't foul out in a pick up game

laugh.gif

OH MY GOSH i SEE THIS EVERYTIME.......I mean goodness sakes he as only made one shot this whole game, and you wanna switch LMAOOOOOO

+@$* bugs me like no other.

how about the dude who is guarding your man?
really dude you couldnt remember who you were guarding 2 seconds ago...

how about the young bucks who dont move or screen..
indifferent.gif

im 6'6.. i got i can dribble not to toot my own horn..

but i hate the lil dude who says i need to be in the post..

yea if i have a lil guy on me .. ill be out on the perimeter if a i gotta big guy on me ..

just take him to the cup..

hate the lil guy who thinks he's a point guard... 

but the dude i hate the most is the guy on your team that lets THE ABSOLUTE WORST PERSON WHO HASNT HIT A BUCKET YET.. shoot an open jumper for game.. 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

how about the dude who is guarding your man?
really dude you couldnt remember who you were guarding 2 seconds ago...

how about the young bucks who dont move or screen..
indifferent.gif

im 6'6.. i got i can dribble not to toot my own horn..

but i hate the lil dude who says i need to be in the post..

yea if i have a lil guy on me .. ill be out on the perimeter if a i gotta big guy on me ..

just take him to the cup..

hate the lil guy who thinks he's a point guard... 

but the dude i hate the most is the guy on your team that lets THE ABSOLUTE WORST PERSON WHO HASNT HIT A BUCKET YET.. shoot an open jumper for game.. 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
 Whats up with all these tall dudes saying they dont wanna play in the post??????

Why not use your advantage?  If you were that nice on the perimeter people wouldnt hint at you to play post
laugh.gif

Tall dudes who never wanna play the post screams SOFT to me
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 Whats up with all these tall dudes saying they dont wanna play in the post??????

Why not use your advantage?  If you were that nice on the perimeter people wouldnt hint at you to play post
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

mad.gif

This is all me right here
laugh.gif
 But most of the time I don't call it because it didn't really affect my shot too much (most of the time a hard take to the basket) and I don't want to slow down the flow of the game. But if you stop the game to give me the call, I'll take it though.

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

mad.gif

This is all me right here
laugh.gif
 But most of the time I don't call it because it didn't really affect my shot too much (most of the time a hard take to the basket) and I don't want to slow down the flow of the game. But if you stop the game to give me the call, I'll take it though.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

after a while all you do is get fouled because someone else thinks its "too easy"
"that layup was too easy big man"

and how many times will someone post up and not get the ball..

i mean once in a while a foul is cool.. but every time c'mon man...

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

after a while all you do is get fouled because someone else thinks its "too easy"

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I'll readily admit that I'm pretty soft
laugh.gif
I play good D but my offensive post game is pretty weak. I don't really have that much of an advantage though; I'm 6'4 so usually only a few inches taller than everyone else at best, my arms are short and I can't jump high. 
I usually play in the post anyways, but I'd much rather play the 3 than have to play inside and never get the ball even when I have good post position because the guards don't know how to throw an entry pass. And when I play in the post I invariably get fouled like 5 times as often. It's not like it hurts or anything, but I can barely get the damn shot off from being hacked. Dudes give you the Shaq treatment if you are a post player, even if you're the size of Gilbert Arenas. 

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I'll readily admit that I'm pretty soft
laugh.gif
I play good D but my offensive post game is pretty weak. I don't really have that much of an advantage though; I'm 6'4 so usually only a few inches taller than everyone else at best, my arms are short and I can't jump high. 
I usually play in the post anyways, but I'd much rather play the 3 than have to play inside and never get the ball even when I have good post position because the guards don't know how to throw an entry pass. And when I play in the post I invariably get fouled like 5 times as often. It's not like it hurts or anything, but I can barely get the damn shot off from being hacked. Dudes give you the Shaq treatment if you are a post player, even if you're the size of Gilbert Arenas. 

Originally Posted by supahoopa

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

i second this. i'm 6'3" so not TALL, but usually on the higher end of people playing. i literally cannot score unless it's a putback or i step outside due to the fouling that occurs in the post.

I've got two jobs that rely on me being ok physically, i'm not trying to %+%! something up playing pickup ball and getting fouled by some %##@+# who doesn't know how to play.

Originally Posted by supahoopa

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

i second this. i'm 6'3" so not TALL, but usually on the higher end of people playing. i literally cannot score unless it's a putback or i step outside due to the fouling that occurs in the post.

I've got two jobs that rely on me being ok physically, i'm not trying to %+%! something up playing pickup ball and getting fouled by some %##@+# who doesn't know how to play.

Originally Posted by hypebeast5

if you dont have handles why wouldnt you post up?

Back
Top Bottom