Please lock.

I hope Alvarado wins just so we aren't forced to watch Pac vs JMM 5 :smh:

I'm kinda in the same boat.

But then again, if we get Alvarado/Rios 3 if he loses then I'll get over seeing JMM/Manny in the ring again.

When is the next time we're going to see Provodnikov? Haven't heard anything on him or Rios in a while.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see Provodnikov is fight Chris Algieri(who???) on June 14th ... He wanted Rios but Arum wouldn't sign off because Rios can't make 140 :wow:

Last edited:

But then again, if we get Alvarado/Rios 3 if he loses then I'll get over seeing JMM/Manny in the ring again.

When is the next time we're going to see Provodnikov? Haven't heard anything on him or Rios in a while.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see Provodnikov is fight Chris Algieri(who???) on June 14th ... He wanted Rios but Arum wouldn't sign off because Rios can't make 140 :wow:

Yea, he doesn't wanna deal with him being fined yet again for missing weight. Another dude not dedicated enough to take it seriously.

I am interested in the JMM vs Alvarado fight. I think JMM takes it. But if he is a step slow he could get caught...father time has get him at some point. But Alvarado vs Pac to me is basically like him vs rios...it would be another easy win for manny. And JMM vs Manny 5....eh id watch the replay...but no way that would get my money. But can't say i wouldn't watch it

How is loma getting his 2nd title shot in his THIRD pro fight?! Slap in the face to all the featherweights who put in work with no title shot

AEA18 AEA18 I saw that fight, I said "who??" because I was shocked to see Provodnikov go from Bradley/Alvarado to Algieri. The pickings were slim once Rios was off the table so he had to settle for Algieri.

This promotional war has to end soon :smh:

AEA18 AEA18 I saw that fight, I said "who??" because I was shocked to see Provodnikov go from Bradley/Alvarado to Algieri. The pickings were slim once Rios was off the table so he had to settle for Algieri.

This promotional war has to end soon :smh:

Yeah these promoters need to get it together (mainly Arum).

So many good fights could be made at 140lbs

Provodnikov vs Matthysse :pimp:

I was going with Marquez initially, but now see how much bigger Alvarado is. I can see Alvarado stunning Marquez in the Early rounds, then Marquez goes int survival mode.

How are they even going to sell tickets to the Barclay's center for Provodnikov vs Algieri

It was originally planned for Nassau Coliseum but Barclays made a better offer. The only thing that plays in their favor is Algieri is from NY.

Demetrius Andrade VS Brian Rose is also on the card.

Top Rank's fighters at Welterweight are so thin, the same six guys have basically all fought each other.  And I get the feeling no one wants to fight Provodnikov because not only is he not a big draw, he hits so damn hard dudes don't want to get lumped up for a weak payday.

How are they even going to sell tickets to the Barclay's center for Provodnikov vs Algieri

It was originally planned for Nassau Coliseum but Barclays made a better offer. The only thing that plays in their favor is Algieri is from NY.

Demetrius Andrade VS Brian Rose is also on the card.

No ******* way :lol: in that dump, fighters gonna be dodging falling beams along with punches.

I think I might head to that fight at Barclays.

Prior to the Danny Garcia fight, I never questioned Matthysse's chin.

But, two fights in a row now, he's been down three times.

And each time he's gotten knocked down, he never questioned the legitimacy.

Against a guy like Provodnikov, who knows nothing but laying down the hammer, it's scary.

It would be a great action fight, but we all saw how much of a beating Alvarado took, and he's a far better boxer than Lucas is.

Alvarado didn't try to box Provodnikov. By the time he realized he should he didn't have the energy to and was a sitting duck that Prod could tee off on.

But we have to take into account that Danny Garcia is not feather-fisted. Plus the knockdown occurred after Matthyss's eye was cut and swollen shut. He couldn't see the punch coming. John Molina, even though he's not well-known he's not exactly a bum. See what he did to Mickey Bey in the final minute of their fight. Molina is 5 inches taller than Matthysse and was able to land shots at will.

I'm not necessarily saying I favor Matthysse over Provodnikov, just pointing out something's to consider.

How is loma getting his 2nd title shot in his THIRD pro fight?! Slap in the face to all the featherweights who put in work with no title shot
Boxing is a business and his handlers have looked after him.  He's also a two-time olympic gold medalist, and he has the tools to be great.  Even after those two pro fights, his resume is still better than Gary Russell Jr's.  Lomanchenko fought a tough 12 rounds with Orlando Salido, while Gary Russell Jr was fighting 10 rounders against cab drivers.  I like Gary's handspeed and combination punching, but I bet Vasyl stops him late.

So I was thinking....""What happened to the kid that Mayweather knocked out when he was trying to shake his hand after headbutting him?"" 

Dude hasn't won since. Only 3 fights too. Did he hang the gloves up?

He seemed like a genuinely nice guy too man.

Come back Victor, come back 

Back
Top Bottom