Pokemon Go (ios and android) - TEAM ROCKET

so when do you collect coins? As soon as you take a gym over? I've never done it so I'm not sure
As far as I understand you should collect your pokecoins and dust as soon as you have as many gyms taken over that you can hold at once (max you can takeover at one time is 10, unless this was changed). In my experience I'm lucky to get to 3 different gyms before the first one I took over starts getting attacked. Therefore I hit 2-3 gyms and then collect my 20-30 coins and dust. Some days I don't have much time to play so I just hit 1 gym, collect and keep it moving. Timer resets every 21 hours. I'm sure if I played in the middle of the night I could hit 4-5 before they get taken down. 

Last edited:
That tracking feature is perfect.

Doesn't show the exact location but it's more specific than footsteps.

I think the problem with it is if it points at someone's house, then some people will just crazily enter or climb a fence without care.

In some neighborhoods, they won't hesitate to shoot.

I think the problem with it is if it points at someone's house, then some people will just crazily enter or climb a fence without care.

In some neighborhoods, they won't hesitate to shoot.

All lives matter

Checking IVs for my Pokemons depressing, all my high CP evolved are all supposedly terrible.

Last edited:
Checking IVs for my Pokemons depressing, all my high CP evolved are all supposedly terrible.

Same. None of the pokemon seem worth their salt till ppl reach their high level 20's. I actually like the update. Pokemon seem to evade capture as much as the old GB games.

HP kinda low for that CP fam

Shatter do the update and report to us your findings :wink:

For the magikarp? Silph road says the max hp for my level is 34. Don't know how accurate it is though
Silph Road's IV calc is wack. Too much room for error and they give you confusing/incomplete information. Use PokeAssistant or Pokemon Go Info.

https://pokeassistant.com/main/ivcalculator

https://pokemon.gameinfo.io/tools/iv-calculator

thanks. will use this going forward.

the IV's for this magikarp still seem to be fairly high.

edit:

how do i read this? :lol: does it just give you a range of best/worst case scenario of your pokemon?

Last edited:
^ ^ ^

It's supposedly only really makes a small difference (7%-10%) and since battling isn't too relevant right now, I think I would be a happier trainer just ignoring IV for now.

That's me though, I don't want to advice the same for others especially if you want to stride for the best mons as possible.

For me, I'm just gon' keep doing what I'm doing and worry more about the attacks and STAB than IV.

HP kinda low for that CP fam

Shatter do the update and report to us your findings :wink:

For the magikarp? Silph road says the max hp for my level is 34. Don't know how accurate it is though
Silph Road's IV calc is wack. Too much room for error and they give you confusing/incomplete information. Use PokeAssistant or Pokemon Go Info.

https://pokeassistant.com/main/ivcalculator

https://pokemon.gameinfo.io/tools/iv-calculator

thanks. will use this going forward.

the IV's for this magikarp still seem to be fairly high.

edit:

how do i read this? :lol: does it just give you a range of best/worst case scenario of your pokemon?
Yeah at first it'll give you the range of possible IVs for that Pokemon. If you power it up (not evolve), enter the new CP/HP/Dust and hit "Refine" it'll narrow down the results. It usually only takes one or two powerups to get your exact IV.

I have no idea how to read the IVs

I dont think you should worry about it too much until lvl 30 or so when the CPs are capped

Im at level 23 and still the frequent high cp pokemon caught is a hypno at 1300cp. smh

I have no idea how to read the IVs

I dont think you should worry about it too much until lvl 30 or so when the CPs are capped
I believe that CP cap only refers to Pokemon that appear in the wild.

So if a level 20 and 30 are standing next to each other and a Dragonite spawns, the level 20 might see him at 1500CP while the level 30 might see him at 2500.

However, the max CP upon full evolution/powerups (as well as reaching trainer level 40) is dictated by the IV. For example, if a level 20 catches a 100% IV Dragonite at 1500CP, and a level 30 catches a 100% IV Dragonite at 2500CP, they'll both be able to be powered up to the same max CP, even though their original CPs were different.

Which brings me to my next point. If you catch a 3000CP Dragonite with 20% IV and a 500CP Dragonite with 100% IV, it's in your best interest to keep the 500CP/100IV Dragonite because he's the one that will end up with the higher CP in the end. Regardless of what level you were when you caught him, or what his original CP was. It'll just take alot more candies and Stardust to get him there :lol:.

Bottom line: High IV >>>>> High (original) CP.

I'm not completely certain that this is how it works, but I'm like 95% sure it is :lol:.

Last edited:
IVs do not affect max CP.
Max cp is standard.

Ivs affext hp..attack..defense.and stamina.

If your mon has PERFECT ivs in a stat..that means that stat will have a 10%increase when its at MAX CP.

For example..dragonites max cp is 3500..so if you have a dragonite at about 1500..with perfext ivs..its stats will only have 5% increase.

ppl are taking ivs wayyy to seriously in this game.
It only really makes a difference in the actual pokemom games.

So until if and when they give us a new battle system its not worth it

Last edited:
The grind is going to be too much to power up a low cp high iv mon, unless of course if its a dragonite

Trainer level is the most important stat imo

I do hope they fix the tracker for the sake of the game. I haven't really used pokevision or looked at the nearby tracker much so it doesn't really bother me. I haven't been able to ride a bike for over a year due to the progression of my illness. Now that I have carnitine supplements and repaired my granddad's electric bicycle, I can finally ride a bike again just use the game as more motivation to go outside and cycle.

Niantic needs to do some work on the rural areas though. I can't walk very far with my condition and there's only 3 pokestops in my town, all of them in the center of the town which is about 1.5 miles from my house. The pokemon only spawn in a few streets around the center of town too. I'm lucky I have an electric bicycle now or I wouldn't be able to play at all because my body can't handle that much walking.

I don't mind cycling circles around town but it would be nice if more pokemon spawned in the more rural streets outside of the town center.

Last edited:
2km egg gave me another weak *** caterpie. The Pokemon Go Gods dont want me to be the very best :frown:

Back
Top Bottom