Pokemon Go (ios and android) - TEAM ROCKET

Just like in the games.

This sucka was a mess to get to level 20 from level five. Especially the lower levels when he only has splash :x

It wasn't that hard in the game. It just took some time. What I did to "expedite" the process was put him first in my lineup and then quickly take him out for another Pokemon during gym battles so he'd gain the xp just for showing up :lol:

While it may seem weak, it does go hand in hand with the CP.

Also, the special lets you use it much quicker and in 5 consecutive succession if you fill all up the bars.

That's true, but don't you think the CP potential is a bit low? I'd imagine a Pokemon like Gyarados should be much stronger than that.

Also, I know this has been up for debate but do you think there's a "maximum value" for every pokemon in relation to their CP arc? Or does the arc represent potential. Has this even been answered/confirmed?

CP potential also goes hand in hand with your level so when you level up the higher the max potential becomes.

Plus that tiny space between what it has now and max probably still can be powered up by 4-5 times?

Plus Gyarydos is a Tier A Pokemon.

Here's also a tier list someone put up on Reddit:
View media item 2100370

Last edited:
Just like in the games.

This sucka was a mess to get to level 20 from level five. Especially the lower levels when he only has splash
sick.gif
It wasn't that hard in the game. It just took some time. What I did to "expedite" the process was put him first in my lineup and then quickly take him out for another Pokemon during gym battles so he'd gain the xp just for showing up
laugh.gif
in game back in the day i would even bother trying evolve a magicarp be cause gyrados could be fished for with a super rod. in later games it became much easier to level pokemon up with out having to use them so no time had to be wasted

Your Pokedex only goes up to the highest numbered Pokemon and nothing past it until you find the next one with the highest number.

You couldn't fish a gyarados in the first gen even with a superrod.

I used to buy him for 500$ before the first cave in the pokemart :pimp:

Kind of sucks electric was super effective because he's water and ice was x4 because he's a dragon type.

I used to buy him for 500$ before the first cave in the pokemart
pimp.gif

Kind of sucks electric was super effective because he's water and ice was x4 because he's a dragon type.
gyrados is water/flying. he's affected normally by ice but x4 to electric. if he was water/dragon he'd be affected normally by electric because dragons resist electricity.

unless i read what you were saying wrong lol

Last edited:
water/grass Pokemon are essential. Since every gym is gonna have a vaporeon, flareon, and Jolteon. 2 of which I don't have any strong ones...bulbasaur can be lit but I don't find enough of them to rack up the candies. Water Pokemon are legit hard to find.

God I need to get out and travel around the city

Pokemon is a lot more complex than it's led on to be.

I see dudes talking strategy and EV/IV for the regular Pokemon games.
exactly, i knew about that stuff back in fire red and leaf green but didnt really care to be honest. it was so complicated and i didnt competitively cause that wasn't easy to do back then. but with the latest games all that stuff is crucial if you want to win online.

we grew up with it man... its built into us :lol:  
I can see that man ... I was asking earlier if there are counters .. Like if I see a gym is ran by a strong CP pokemon can I take it out with a weaker pokemon that has a counter to it. No one answered.

where can I read and stuff

I think I fished one w/ a superrod in Pokemon Yellow, might've been the first time you could do it. I remember doing the glitches to get MewTwo and Missigno :lol:

I can see that man ... I was asking earlier if there are counters .. Like if I see a gym is ran by a strong CP pokemon can I take it out with a weaker pokemon that has a counter to it. No one answered.
where can I read and stuff
yes you can, heres a chart to help you out bro... ive taken down a fire type pokemon with a water pokemon when he had nearly twice the CP

All of the Pokemon types have counters, I am not sure how effective is is in Pokemon GO yet.

Here are a few I remember from my red/blue days

Water > Fire
Plant > Water
Water > Rock
Rock > Fire
Plant > Water

Last edited:
CP doesnt really mean much

My Golduck can rekt lower cp1000s pokemons by spamming water gun and then bombing with hydropump

Its all about the attacks you have on the pokemon and the synergy

Not exactly a counter but certain attacks are definitely "super effective" against certain types.

You cna check the official Pokemon/Pokedex to see what certain weaknesses each has: http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokedex/

Part of the reason why I love Pokemon Go so much is because it's bringing back so many memories for me growing up as a kid. I loved playing this game and watching the anime. I feel like a kid all over again :lol:

I'm a group chat with some friends of mine and we're all playing. And we're exchanging tips.

I was too cheap to ever buy Pokemon at the Pokemart. It always felt more rewarding to evolve the Pokemon rather than catching or buying. Still feels the same playing Pokemon Go.

All of the Pokemon types have counters, I am not sure how effective is is in Pokemon GO.

Here are a few I remember from my red/blue days

Water > Fire
Plant > Water
Water > Rock
Rock > Fire
Plant > Water

Some of the counters make intuitive sense and some dont. The ones you mentioned do.

CP doesnt really mean much

My Golduck can rekt lower cp1000s pokemons by spamming water gun and then bombing with hydropump

Its all about the attacks you have on the pokemon and the synergy

Really? Because if this is true, then it's all about luck finding the right Pokemon with the right attacks. I have to believe there's more to it than that.

I suspect the height and weight of the Pokemon also has some effect.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom