Pokemon Go (ios and android) - TEAM ROCKET

There's a window of opportunity to always land an excellent/great throw on tyranitar where he can't attack.  It occurs just after he dips his head down and can be seen clearly at the end of this video between the 338-342 mark. 

Hope the loophole helps you all capture your tyranitar raid boss!  I was lucky enough to catch a perfect one today using this method.

When I went raiding in SF, a guy told me exactly when to throw it. I used that same tactic on a Lapras today. Just when they're bringing their head up from their attack is when I throw it.

^^lol i caught one last night also. 200+ CP.

yeah they need to have other treats for the anniversary. not some pik-ash-u.

also i dont know if its been posted but i've gotten a couple of 10k eggs from gyms. just sayin..

208km since the fire event and 13 rare candies but I finally got it. Down to needing a sunstone for sunflora, 26 mareep candies, and stupid *** unown. For the gen 1/2 na dex.
congrats... i saw my first one today in a lvl 4 raid. with not one person around to help take it down
indifferent.gif

So i havent been playing much since this new gym system but it seems to me it's not even worth it to put the strongest mon in the gym anymore and it seems to me you actually want your pokemon to get kicked out to receive the coins now...

So i havent been playing much since this new gym system but it seems to me it's not even worth it to put the strongest mon in the gym anymore and it seems to me you actually want your pokemon to get kicked out to receive the coins now...

Yeah, keep your strongest mons for raids.

indeed...but put a mon that is strong enough to last at least a day. it also depends on who is in the gym already. usually when i see a blissey and snorlax already in, ill put a mid level mon in. im pretty sure it'll last a day. but if its a weak gym, ill put a semi strong one in to make it through the day. that is my approach at least.

Anyone hoping an additional double XP is around the corner with that event in Chicago coming up? No way the anniversary is just this.

Just hatched 4 10ks.

Second Pineco, Miltank, Gligar, and my first Larvitar. #blessed

These raids are ridiculous. You really have to be rolling with peeps to fight the 3 and ups because the raid bosses wash you something fierce. 

Just hatched 4 10ks.

Second Pineco, Miltank, Gligar, and my first Larvitar. #blessed

These raids are ridiculous. You really have to be rolling with peeps to fight the 3 and ups because the raid bosses wash you something fierce. 
Yep, I've gotten wrecked trying to fight those alone (lvl 30) 
mean.gif

Yep, I've gotten wrecked trying to fight those alone (lvl 30) 
mean.gif
They really need to do something to promote grouping up more. I think Legendaries are the only way to draw people back at this point. I will be walking forever to get the last couple of Gen 1s I can actually catch/evolve if they don't get people playing again. 

With all that griping, I still enjoy the game, but that is a sour note on an otherwise great update. 

You guys should check through your local facebook and any other social media to see if there is any type of community already set up for group raiding.

I was battling a Machamp by myself last week when 2 people walked up to me from opposite directions and asked if I was so and so. I said no and they proceeded to tell me that they were waiting for another person to show up so they could battle together and recommended that I download this app called "Discord". It is pretty much a group chat for gamers. They shot me the invite link, I got signed up, and now through that app I go group battling level 4 raids whenever I have time in my local area. It is pretty cool getting coordinated together and meeting other players in your area.

Last edited:
You guys should check through your local facebook and any other social media to see if there is any type of community already set up for group raiding.

I was battling a Machamp by myself last week when 2 people walked up to me from opposite directions and asked if I was so and so. I said no and they proceeded to tell me that they were waiting for another person to show up so they could battle together and recommended that I download this app called "Discord". It is pretty much a group chat for gamers. They shot me the invite link, I got signed up, and now through that app I go group battling level 4 raids whenever I have time in my local area. It is pretty cool getting coordinated together and meeting other players in your area.
Yeah, I used to belong to a couple local FB groups, but it died out. My usual group of friends all pretty much moved on from playing it. I keep trying to get them to d/l again because they see me messign with it from time to time. Might be the only way to go. 

I've done 10+ raids and no TMs yet. Also haven't been able to do a tier 4 raid due to no other players ever being around.

Feelsbadman

I've done 10+ raids and no TMs yet. Also haven't been able to do a tier 4 raid due to no other players ever being around.

Feelsbadman
Yeah, I completed two raids, no TMs, two candy. 

Tried a level 4 just to see what it was like, couldn't even put a dent in the couple of minutes you get. 

It does depend on how active your area is. I was invited to a group on Telegram just waiting at a level 4. There's always at least 5 (200+ in our group) people down for a level 4 raid. My only problem is premium raid passes. I wish they were multi use like incubators at least.

It does depend on how active your area is. I was invited to a group on Telegram just waiting at a level 4. There's always at least 5 (200+ in our group) people down for a level 4 raid. My only problem is premium raid passes. I wish they were multi use like incubators at least.

I agree with the premium raid passes. Niantic is really screwing with us by limiting how/when when we get free coins from gym defending. They really took away from the amount of coins/stardust I was collecting on a daily basis with the previous gym reward system.

I haven't played this game casually in a while. I think the anniversary event really soured a lot of people because they feel they got screwed for their loyalty. I'll open it up once in a while to walk Porygon if convenient. 

I stopped playing the day school got out. I just don't walk places in my free time. And there's never anything to catch anyways.

I don't wanna post up at some random gym for an hour battling. My phone won't even stay charged that long.

Maybe during winter I'll hop back on. I'm too busy working out, hitting the lake, and doing hood rat stuff with my friends.

damn you niantic....hatched 2 10ks today. got that freaking lobster...:smh: :smh: :smh:

BUT good thing the other is a larvitar. halfway point to get to tyranitar. :D :smokin 90% too.

Back
Top Bottom