Police Kill Unarmed Teen In Ferguson, Missouri

Although I'm mad about these cop killings the stuff going on in Chicago is alarming. 391 folks murdered in 2014, majority all black on black crime. It's gonna take a miracle to fix that city. 
its a problem but it has nothing to do with the topic of this thread

its like going to a lakers thread and talking about how the stealers need to improve their o line 

1. Because I was reacting to the phrase "black lives matter". There is hypocrisy going on in this country. The mass protests are because there is a perception that blacks are being gunned down in the streets by cops. In fact, many more blacks are killed by other blacks. If black lives TRULY mattered, everyone in this thread and the protesters in this country would be trying to fix the problem of black lives being taken away. Cops killing blacks would be way down that list.

2. You and I both know this whole issue is about black people being killed by cops, this isn't a discussion about white or japanese or any other deaths.

Ok then.. So since this is a discussion about cops killing black people, why are you bringing in Black on Black murder stats (which is a deflection tactic)

It's like on one hand, you're deflecting... But then the very next sentence, you say
and tell me not to deflect

lolwut

Black people are being killed disproportionately than white people. They're also the subject of unlawful searches, and get sentenced at a higher clip than whites.

So, no, #blacklivesmatter isnt only about people getting killed. It's about a system that hurts the lives of black people in more ways than just killing them.

What else you got, bud?

so youre just going to ignore me i see

Get ready to be called racist, stupid, a troll, etc.
I'm a black male, I've been stopped numerous times by cops. Some were cool, others were A-Holes. I live out here by Sanford, Fl these cops are racist as hell but I take the high road dealing with them. Honestly I just think our leaders need to be In Chicago too fix that issue. 

Although I'm mad about these cop killings the stuff going on in Chicago is alarming. 391 folks murdered in 2014, majority all black on black crime. It's gonna take a miracle to fix that city. 

There's definitely overlap in a system that allows police to kill black people without consequences and a system that CREATED a situation like Chicago. Chiraq doesn't happen without extreme and malicious negligence.

its a problem but it has nothing to do with the topic of this thread

its like going to a lakers thread and talking about how the stealers need to improve their o line 
I see what you're saying. 
also, you have to think about it from the perspective of the average colored person living in america, yes chicago is a huge problem and what's happening over there is terrible. but it doesnt effect a black dude living in cali or florida, while racial profiling by cops is something that happens nation wide so people have the incentive to stand up and protest for their rights.

a black person can be harassed by racism and ignorance anywhere in america, its affects a lot more people than the terrible things that are happening in chicago. 

There's definitely overlap in a system that allows police to kill black people without consequences and a system that CREATED a situation like Chicago. Chiraq doesn't happen without extreme and malicious negligence.
this is very true. 

it's bigger then "black on black crime"      i just don't like the fact that people try and  paint the false picture that blacks only care about blacks getting killed when its at the hands of whites or cops.      things have been done to address the black on black problem, but its a more juicier story to defer to black on black crime rather then addressing a police brutality situation or something of that nature.  

this is very true. 

it's bigger then "black on black crime"      i just don't like the fact that people try and  paint the false picture that blacks only care about blacks getting killed when its at the hands of whites or cops.      things have been done to address the black on black problem, but its a more juicier story to defer to black on black crime rather then addressing a police brutality situation or something of that nature.  
its also the different ways that you tackle the problem that leads to the difference in media coverage. black on black crime is delt with within the respective communities while racially motivated crimes are tackled on a much larger scale as the only way to make things better is to change the collective mindset of american society and culture. 

The reason I said they need to change this to all lives matter is because that is true

Whites got shot and killed by the police a lot,blacks higher, but you can tell me blacks and gangs do some crazy things that get them selves shot

I mean yes there ate instances when a blckygot shot for nothing unharmed but most of the time that isn't the case

Yes I seen whites get harrased by the police,beat,pulled over for no reason and all that

The issue is with the police and they way they treat all individuals as a whole not just blacks

There have been 5 shootings and killings by cops on whites since this brown thing and 2 was unarmed buy nobody isn't speaking out about those

I hope they changed it yonall lives matter, more people will join and less for the racist to talk about and the media will redirect there attention to the police force

:rofl:

i honestly can't fathom how anyone don't have this pseudo-objective-factual-non-biased dude blocked. my preference is always to have discussions with well informed people that want to understand the subject at hand, not necessary agree. but its been clear that this clown can't comprehend anything outside of the realm of his flawed views. its comical when uneducated people on this particular subject come in with "facts" and "truth" and "just want to discuss" but all they ever really do is spew their simplistic opinions or facts that don't tell the whole story, and then offering no kind of real thought or response to the rebuttal, just repeating the same argument over and over. looking like abe simpsons every time someone dismantles his arguments.

I see we got the Bigsby twins in the building.  

The work behind the scenes isn't very organized... there is no central leadership... this is the only weakness behind the movement at the moment.
Quannel X (justice activist in Houston) addressed this by saying, this movement has been handled by the young people on God's will and it would be a disservice to not let God play its course.  

No lie, Quannel is one cold dude.  I never seen a ***** like him before, these white folks were scared of him calling him a racist and what not.   he went on a conservative republican youtube show this past week to address the haters.  I kid you not, every single one of those white folks left loving him.  This dude is converting SWS.  
nthat.gif

I see we got the Bigsby twins in the building.  

Quannel X (justice activist in Houston) addressed this by saying, this movement has been handled by the young people on God's will and it would be a disservice to not let God play its course.  

No lie, Quannel is one cold dude.  I never seen a ***** like him before, these white folks were scared of him calling him a racist and what not.   he went on a conservative republican youtube show this past week to address the haters.  I kid you not, every single one of those white folks left loving him.  This dude is converting SWS.  :nthat:
link?

Anybody follow Noam Chomsky?  I'm pretty interested in political discourse and he does a good job of explaining how classic American politics relate to the situation in Ferguson and the state of black Americans in general...skip to 17:00 for the Ferguson talk but the whole interview is interesting.
 The constitutional amendments that were supposed to free African-American slaves did something for about 10 years, then there was a North-South compact that granted the former slave-owning states the right to do whatever they wanted,” Chomsky explained. “And what they did was criminalize Black life, and that created a kind of slave force. It threw mostly Black males into jail, where they became a perfect labor force, much better than slaves.”
“If you’re a slave owner, you have to pay for — you have to keep your ‘capital’ alive. But if the state does it for you, that’s terrific. No strikes, no disobedience, the perfect labor force. A lot of the American Industrial Revolution in the late 19th, early 20th Century was based on that. It pretty must lasted until World War II.”

Well my point is that there are vastly more blacks being killed by other blacks then blacks being killed by cops. The numbers aren't even close.

What's that have to do with officers of the law, sworn to protect and serve killing unarmed black men? Stop trying to trivialize the problem and divert the attention away from the issue at hand.

Hell, let's talk about "Black on Black Crime"

Dude claims no one is talking about the issues in Chicago.

Funny you should ask. Sharpton made a publicized trip to Chicago in November to focus attention on the city's chronic violence. Last year, Michelle Obama attended the funeral of Hadiya Pendleton, a 15-year-old black honor student who was shot, allegedly by a black gang member.

The first lady later returned to Chicago to converse with students at a school that is nearly 100 percent African-American. "In choosing Harper High School for the visit, the White House noted that 29 current or former students there had been shot in the last year, eight of them fatally," reported the Tribune.

The president also came here, meeting with kids involved in a mentoring program for at-risk adolescent boys, bemoaning gun violence and telling a crowd on the South Side, "Our streets will only be as safe as our schools are strong and our families are sound."

Oh.

But those who love the skewed conservative talking points neglect these type of facts

It's no secret that rates of violent crime are far higher among blacks than among whites. What is generally overlooked is that these rates have dropped sharply over the past two decades. The Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice reports that violent crime by young blacks has plunged 60 percent.

In 1995, the FBI reports, 9,074 blacks were arrested for homicide. In 2012, the number was 4,203 — a decline of 54 percent. But conservatives don't labor endlessly to publicize that trend.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...arpton-jason-riley-steve-20140820-column.html

Black crime in trending downwards, HS graduation, college enrollment is trending upwards, but these things are rarely mentioned.

Folks always want to talk about Black on Black crime, but rarely want to discuss the poverty level, literacy rates, drug use, etc. in inner cities.

Let's talk about how crack cocaine (introduced by the US government) and the subsequent "War on Drugs" destabilized Black urban communities in the 80s-90s-*** and still has effects to these days. Let's talk about how that "War on Drugs" by FAR puts more Black and Brown people in jail, and for longer, despite the fact that White people sell AND use drugs more.

county_distribution_disparities.png

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ackwhite-marijuana-arrest-gap-in-nine-charts/

I'd LOOOOOOOVE to talk about Black on Black Crime if you're willing to talk about COINTELPRO terrorizing the Civil Rights Movement and The Black Panther Party (social programs created by the Black Panther Party, many of which adopted by our government: http://web.stanford.edu/group/blackpanthers/programs.shtml )

If you're reeeeeaaaalllly about it, then let's talk about it.

Point is we shouldn't have to deal with it at all. You still got people with that 50s mentality. Gains have been made but nowhere near where it should be, as evidenced by a number of things. Hard to get rid of 200+ years of oppression and expect it to be near an even playing field in 50 years. Probably be another 3 generations at least before things are there, if ever.

Speak!

There are far more white people getting killed by alcohol companies as opposed to Middle Eastern Terrorists groups and Ebola...

And yet... White people made a HUGE fuss abou that...

Why arent white people protesting alcohol companies?

Alcohol companies kill more than those groups... The numbers arent even close.

Preach!

Back
Top Bottom