Porsche 911 GT2 RS on the streets of LA

I was originally a Charger hater when I first saw the new 2011's. I felt they looked more rounded, more feminine, more "tamed" if I may. Then I saw them in person and became an instant fan of the new sleekness. The rear doesn't bother me as much as it did BEFORE I saw it in real life. The new SRT-8 is 
sick.gif
in a good way. How any car heads can NOT like it is beyond me...

2012_charger_srt8_feature.jpg

srt8-2012-charger5297703.jpg

2012-Dodge-Charger-SRT8-600x375.jpg

2012-Dodge-Charger-SRT8-front-450x299.jpg

2012-Dodge-Charger-SRT8-first-drive-450x299.jpg

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

Charger over gt2 rs?

For my own needs I'd go 2012 SRT8 Charger without question.
Low cost of maintenance, great HP and handling, and has plenty of room for the wife and kids.
It's meets all of my needs for a fraction of the cost.
Obviously. 
But im sure a small % of gt2 owners are using them as daily drivers. I'd rather have a cts-v as a daily, but i'm not taking one over a damn gt2
laugh.gif
True. Sat in a CTS-V and felt like a damn boss...but a GT2?! You tawkin bout a GT2...only Porsche I'd take over that is a Carrera GT.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Some of those are going to be difficult to find, the Porche Carrera GT alone only has about 12 in the whole world and I think only 600 were sold in the US. But don't let that discourage, you're still young, you'll get plenty of opportunities.
For me, the only ones I really want to drive at the moment are the Lexus LFA and the GT2 RS, only 500 are being made each iirc. Maybe a Tesla roadster as well since I want to see how it feels to drive an electric sports car.

I completely forgot about the Tesla Roadster. I definitely want to give that a drive.

I'm more concerned with how I'm going to find a hypercar like a Pagani or a Koenigsegg where I can drive one. Oh well, I'm sure I'll find a way when the time comes.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the LFA. The only thing it really has going for it is its engine sound and I wasn't that impressed by it. The V10 in the Gallardo Superleggera is far more sonorous.

RFX45 wrote:
Some of those are going to be difficult to find, the Porche Carrera GT alone only has about 12 in the whole world and I think only 600 were sold in the US. But don't let that discourage, you're still young, you'll get plenty of opportunities.
The number is much closer to 550 left in the US nowadays.

Originally Posted by scshift

Personally, I'm not a fan of the LFA. The only thing it really has going for it is its engine sound and I wasn't that impressed by it. The V10 in the Gallardo Superleggera is far more sonorous.

It's Toyotas first supercar, being a Supra and Toyota fan in general, it's something that I got to drive.

That Porsche is nice, for the money I think I'd go with the V12 Vantage but there's no denying the greatness in the GT2 RS.

The Charger is just an awful vehicle.

Originally Posted by AirForce1King

I was originally a Charger hater when I first saw the new 2011's. I felt they looked more rounded, more feminine, more "tamed" if I may. Then I saw them in person and became an instant fan of the new sleekness. The rear doesn't bother me as much as it did BEFORE I saw it in real life. The new SRT-8 is 
sick.gif
in a good way. How any car heads can NOT like it is beyond me...

It just doesn't look good to me. It's like a muscle car trying to be too futuristic but fails and lands right in the present of mediocrity. It seems confused if it wants to haul groceries or drag race the first Camry it sees on the light. Honestly, if I see it in the streets, I wouldn't look twice at it. I'd rather get one of the stables of present "muscle" cars like the Challenger or Camaro over it, hell I'd take the CTS-V wagon over that 2012 SRT8 Charger. I must admit, the 2010s looked decent in the Fast Five film, but that was on film and when I saw one in person after the film it didn't look as impressive.
The numbers look great but numbers aren't everything. There are so many cars out there that gives you some of the same things, if not better, for the price. 

The Chargers are nice (SRT8 only), but they wouldn't be my first choice if I had that kind of money.

Don't get me wrong, they're wicked mean and I'd definitely love to drive one around, but if I had the money for it I'd either buy a WRX or a Camaro SS.

Originally Posted by THockey66

RFX45 wrote:

Honest questions, do you have some sort of alert device that lets you know whenever the Carrera GT is mentioned on NT? 
laugh.gif
 Not trynna hate, just something I noticed lol...
Anyways, I'd love to own a Carrera GT one day. Only thing I'm worried about is that I'll most likely crash, because of how raw that car is. 

Originally Posted by MyJaysGetRocked

RFX45 wrote:
Honest questions, do you have some sort of alert device that lets you know whenever the Carrera GT is mentioned on NT? 
laugh.gif
Anyways, I'd love to own a Carrera GT one day. Only thing I'm worried about is that I'll most likely crash, because of how raw that car is. 

Rare cars are easy to keep track of
laugh.gif

I know off the top of my head there are only 4 Koenigsegg CCXR Editions in the world, along with only 6 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggeras with a manual transmission, and one of those is black
wink.gif

RFX45 wrote:
laugh.gif

Thockey is the ultimate lurker 
laugh.gif

just jizzed about 4 times...
30t6p3b.gif

i swear i will own one of these after graduate school.. boxxer engines FTW!

laugh.gif
Thockey is the ultimate lurker 
laugh.gif
def

i love how he always comes out on car topics.

Thockey what are you whippin these days anyways?

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

Charger looks like a dodge ram smashed a evo. It's weak and will fall apart in a few years. Those interiors are beyond trash.

guess you havent seen the new interiors. far from trash. up there with interiors of german cars IMO. not as fancy but very nice and high quality leather.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Charger looks like a dodge ram smashed a evo. It's weak and will fall apart in a few years. Those interiors are beyond trash.

guess you havent seen the new interiors. far from trash. up there with interiors of german cars IMO. not as fancy but very nice and high quality leather.
Doesn't look so special to me, looks pretty generic. I mean are those mesh cloth inserts in the middle of the seats?
fuill.jpg

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Doesn't look so special to me, looks pretty generic. I mean are those mesh cloth inserts in the middle of the seats?
yes i have seen them and driven them.  drive both and tell me the dodge doesn't feel cheap.  just because you throw some fake aluminum in there doesn't make it nice.

Bucket list... keeping g it to ten... and only cars that aren't limited 10...

Mclaren F1
MK4 Supra
GTR
Lotus Exige... assuming I fit
Viper
SLR... the car that got me in
Aventador
GT2 RS
Phantom... just cause
Veryron SS

Back
Top Bottom