POSSIBLE AJ XX PICS

im sorry but i stand by my words.

pods are cool, i guess. an i supposed to think a picture of another shoe is supposed to give me traction?? what the heck is that. i understand if the sole pattern is inspired by something (golf course, infinity symbol), but to generate traction from a picture of another J model, weak IMO.

they are basically saying, "The inspiration for our newest design is ourselves, our past designs. oh, and ill throw in some motorcycle on the heel."

one more thing - are we going to call this one a Pod Jordan instead of Air Jordan? double weak.
--------------------------------------------------------
<---- I LoveNikeTalk Dri-Fit T-Shirt.For sale now.$25 Shipped
$5 Dollars of your purchase will be donated in your name to the NT community chest.
Email in Profile. Support the system that supports us.
Adore Footwear and Clothing has Arrived. Live what you love.

^
Better than Shox Jordan :tongue:
tongue.gif

I like these, for some reason, though.

...[/b]​

Quote:
i supposed to think a picture of another shoe is supposed to give me traction?? what the heck is that. i understand if the sole pattern is inspired by something (golf course, infinity symbol), but to generate traction from a picture of another J model, weak IMO.
Come again? There's herringbone traction pods on the soles, not to mention crystal rubber as well.
Quote:
they are basically saying, "The inspiration for our newest design is ourselves, our past designs. oh, and ill throw in some motorcycle on the heel."
Aside from the lazer, I don't see where you got that assumption.
Quote:
one more thing - are we going to call this one a Pod Jordan instead of Air Jordan?
It's been said plenty of times the AIR Pod System is AIR based.
"I think if any man has to put on a front or lie about his stance, his position in life, to others over the internet, he's not being true to himself. He's not a man, and never was one." - CEO InSane

:x
sick.gif
Why did they do it?!

Im sure someone on Nt made better designs.

These homade sketches here are amazing..this guy needs to take the job of whoever designed the atrocity i am seeing now.

2VDNLL00NKN9

^^^ Why couldnt JB come up with something like this up above and they are the so called professionals.

Quote:

Quote:
Aside from the lazer, I don't see where you got that assumption.

from the outsole and the heel.
--------------------------------------------------------
<---- I LoveNikeTalk Dri-Fit T-Shirt.For sale now.$25 Shipped
$5 Dollars of your purchase will be donated in your name to the NT community chest.
Email in Profile. Support the system that supports us.
Adore Footwear and Clothing has Arrived. Live what you love.

yo honestly these are still kinda whack I gota see em in person tho the strap is hot but the shoe as a whole I dunno I def aint coppin oppening day I woke up at 9 for the xixs and I love them but I coulda waited couldnt I

I dont buy into hype but i like those. just hope they change the shape of the midsole though. Those skecthes are SERIOUS!! Hopefully those will be the xxi's :wow:
eek.gif

Even straight roads meander.....

Quote:
Everyone will adapt to this shoe, just like they have the other 19.

yeah people adpated by waiting for thr new aj to hit the sales rack. will it only be a matter of time before retailers catch on and stop buying the new aj line, becase ot lackluster sales at retail?

Quote:
besides, even if their ugly, their still jordans

i can not count how many times i have heard that, and i think for the most part, it is why jb can take risks these release the shoes they have been.

really there does not seem to be any connection to the previous model xix, which imo was atrocious, nor it with the xviii, that was what was great about jordan shoes in the past the evolution was much clearer, and yet each shoe existed on its own.

here is something i read awhile back in the achive that now really makes sense i wish jb would evolve the brand without wiping the slate clean every year:

------said by Air Elijah----

The I's and II's were designed at a time of rapid change in sneaker technology. As a result there is a significant difference between the products, much like the difference between a model-T Ford and 1940's car. Remember that there were almost two years between the designs as Michael wore the I's in both his rookie and second season.

Tinker Hatfield started on the Jordan line with the III's and again there was a significant technological advance that he helped develop in the midsole area with improved foam material and the visible air unit.

After the III's the technology improved at a much slower rate with the only significant advances between the III's and XVI's really being the dynamic fit/huarache system and the carbon fibre shank plate. Zoom air came along the way but was less significant I would argue.

As far as the design forms go there is quite a clear evolution of the type you are talking about from Hatfield's Air Jordan III through to his Air Jordan VIII design. The VIII's were beginning to depart significantly from this line but IX-XII saw a clear break and movement down another path. An overall theme of this path was clear - clean uppers with a horizontal break along them featuring a smoother lower half and lines on the upper half around the laces. This continued though all four shoes.

It is harder to classify the designs after that into an evolution of an aesthetic. This may be because of a change in design philosophy. It is fairly well known that Tinker's design method changed very much to an "Insiration method' where by each shoe was inspired by another object:

XII's - Ladies high heel boot and Japanese rising sun flag.
XIII - Panthers paw.
XIV's - MJ's Ferrari.
XV's - X-15 experimental plane.

The XII belonged both to the evolutionary path and the inspiration group. This inspiration method of design was obviously more about the aesthetic form of the designs, about the look, more than the actual function of them. Perfomance steadily improved through out both phases (excpet perhaps for the XV's) as improvements continued in materials. There was a break however in the aesthetic evolution from one shoe to the next. Sure the colours and features here and there were inspired by previous shoes but much more so then before each shoe varied greatly from the previous one.

There are obviously many significant differences from one shoe to another. Taking the original idea of this post though I thought I'd write a summary of some of the points of similarity between Tinker Hatfields designs from the III's through the VIII's.

III-IV
- The heel piece with the Nike Air logo is very similar.
- The rear half of the midsole is very similar.
- The piece of the upper that wraps around the front of the toe box.
- The five lace holes at the front of the III's and the two holes at the top become the matching pieces on the bottom and top of the IV's with the choice of width.
- The Jumpman on the similar styled tongue.
- Simliar outsole design with a midfoot section featuring Nike and forefoot section in the centre breaking up the large area.

IV - V
- The piece of the upper that wraps around the front of the toe box.
- The mesh sides and tongue.
- The plastic lace holes with the choice of width.
- The Jumpman on the tongue.
- The overall outsole design - a piece around the front of the toes, a piece around the back of the heel, a mid feature with Nike on it and something in the middle of the forefoot to break up the large area.
- The outrigger on the side of the VI's is the same shape as the 'flame' on the side of the V's.
- Similar piece wrapping around the back of the midsole at the top harking back even to the III's.

V-VI
- Clear rubber outsole with very similar outriggers in teh forefoot.
- The 'flame' above the forefoot outrigger of the V's matches the thin coloured section above the outrigger on the VI's.
- The mesh on the side and tongue of the V's matches the perferated sides and tongue on the VI's.
- The padded ankle area on both.
- Generally similar lines and angles around the laces, angling backwards for a sleek but dynamic look.
- Embroidered Nike Air logo on the heel.
- Remove the piece from around the toe box on the V's and you would have a very similar look to the front.

VI-VII
- Over all 'holes' theme with perforated upper and circular traction pattern.
- Angular outsole design.
- Clean, one piece toe box.
- Overall design of a two layer upper featuring panels formed by overlays along key lines that strengthen in the areas most required.
- Twin peaks forefoot outrigger with lines along the top, the outsole material wrapping up the side even as the V's had. Large rear outrigger designed in a similar fashion.
- Rear pull tab.
- Dynamic fit system with evolution to full bootie in the VII's.
- Triangular protrusion of the front of the tongue over the top of the toe box.

VII-VIII
- Overall design of a two layer upper featuring panels formed by overlays along key lines that strengthen in the areas most required.
- Clean, one piece toe box harking back even to the VI's.
- Triangular protrusion of the front of the tongue over the top of the toe box.
No idea is original...It is never what you do, but how it is done

sick.gif
, the last time i think i was proud to rock a new jordan (not counting retros) shoe has to be when the 13s came out.......after that i cant recall.......what are they thinking?? who really is like yeah these are HOT, everybody will want these!! :rolleyes
eyes.gif

oh yeah, thanks rd23 for the jb info!
No idea is original...It is never what you do, but how it is done

sick.gif
garbage
sick.gif
hideous
sick.gif
this and #15 will go down in history of the two biggest mistakes
:stoneface:
indifferent.gif
and that is for them thinking this is worth showing at a sneaker show, they should fire the designer of this shoe and flog the people who gave it a thumbs up :rofl:
roll.gif

shout out to lyrical murderer for those pics :wow:
eek.gif
that is a shoe!!!!

/\/\.. :wow:
eek.gif
:wow:
eek.gif
The Home Made Sketches that "lyrical murderer" got are Simply Amazing!! I wish those were the XX's. :\
ohwell.gif

I personally love where the XX is going.

That is all.

As well, people really need to stop using emoticons, it drastically takes away from the quality if the person's opinion.

-Kast
formerly "OUTKAST", I am still OUTKASTED!

the 20's are definately hott. i have had the pics since day 1 and even have 2 posts in the first 2 pages. anyway, i was happy 2 c the 20's. i liked them alot. then recently, i have been very skeptical if i will b able 2 get these on sale later. well after deliberating, i probably wont. if this is it for air jordan, i guarentee that evry1 who says they dont like them now will still get them only b cuz this may b the last.i mean the laser print is nice and the shoe it self looks good, even the red strap. to me , they are just like 2k4's with an air veer strap. but the laser makes them different from the rest. thses shoes will go down not as a mistake, but as a shoe that left out on top.
Haters get :stoneface:

i think this is the last shoe, it's commemorating Michael and everything he has done. and remember this is just a prototype a sample, changes could be huge. so don't get so worked up

AIRMAX2K3, My Nike Rep just sent me the Spring 2005 JB catalog, I have to say you were right about the apparel that's going to be dropping. There's some serious heat dropping next spring. I really like the laser clothing and the Jordan History Tee's. After reading the shoe description of the XX's in the catalog it sounds like that pictures that we've seen so far are nothing but early samples and that there's alot more going on with these shoes than we thought. I have to admit I wasn't too impressed with what I saw but after seeing the clothing I'm seriously considering copping the finished product. Here is some additional information on the Jordan XX's from the Spring 05 catalog

&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp The logo for the Jordan XX appears to be the number 20 with a jumpman inside of the #0, and italic block letters, that's the logo that you will see on the apparel, socks, and hats for the Jordan XX's. As with the XIX's JB only displays a shadow picture of the shoe. Here is the description of the XX's from the catalog:

310445-161 White/Varsity-Red-Black Air Jordan XX

Upper- Full grain leather and Nubuck upper with detailed laser etching brought to the midfoot to celebrate the history of Air Jordan Footwear. Intregrated midfoot performace strap combined with a hidden lacing system offers a lock down performance fit. Heel ankle support system oofers customizable support while the memory foam backed collar lining cushions the foot. Asymmetrical toe cap offers durabilty in key area, protecting against toe drag.

Midsole- Full length fabric wrapped Phylon midsole houses a new I.P.S.(Independent Podular Suspension) technology. Individual pods form a responsive midsole that supports the foot in key areas. Internal shank plate offers midfoot and arch support.

Outsole- New I.P.S. technology is intergrated with the outsole raised herringbone pods. These pods not only create a unique cushioning system, but also offer traction in key performace areas. The outsole also incorporates traction grooves inspired by motorcycle tires. The 20 herringbone pods on the outsole celebrate the heritage of the Air Jordan franchise.

Profile Celebrate the past and anticipate the future with the Air Jordan XX shoe.

What is Love ? Love is what you tell your mother before you kiss her goodnight. Infatuation is buying more Jordans in one year than you've had your entire life. Love is spending your entire lunch break staring the newest Jordans you put up in the office. A dilemna is trying to figure which of your 15 pairs of Black/Red Jordans matches your outfit the best. Broke is what I'll be if I keep on buying Jordans the rest of my life. Who said Love doesn't cost a thing ????

ok let the anaylist say this
the laser sheme is eye-catching, as well as the patent material. Though the rest of the shoe sheme is plain and simple. Coming from the man himself if he is reading this go back to the books look at what you have created in past shoes and add those "special" details to the XXs. dont let your reputation disinegrate; i will guarntee you if this shoe is release you will no longer have recunition.
T. HARDMAN YOU GOT TALENT, JB SIGN THIS HARDMAN UP NOW!

Sirnerd+
Fellow NTers. . .
I AM SELLING PART 1 OF MY COLLECTION.DUNKS HI/LO, JORDANS, NIKES FOR I AM NEED OF MONEY ASAP!!! HELP ME OUT.SZ.10/10.5 GOOD PRICES!
TEAM-ELITE(capt)THE 1 AND ONLY CREW REPPIN' CT!

Thanks alot to those who provided feedback on the rendering. Those are some powerful comments to hear and try to absorb. I am glad the sketches created some emotion...I think that is the key, personally.

TH
"So many times it happens too fast.
You trade your passion for glory.

Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past.
You must fight just to keep them alive."

Quote:
As well, people really need to stop using emoticons, it drastically takes away from the quality if the person's opinion.

That's the double truth, Ruth.

Out of curiosity, what justifies the whopping $175 price tag? It seems awfully base for JB to aid exclusivity to their shoes by inflating the price (ie XVII).

Back
Top Bottom