Post Something You Know That We Don't Because Of Your Job

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

Originally Posted by SoVerSoTowel

-Morgan State is the most poorly administered school ever.
smh.gif

-Howard University
-Virginia Union University
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

c/o 07
c/o 09

Originally Posted by BangDak

Originally Posted by Ben Roethlisberger

Remember in Superbad how the cops turned the sirens on just to run those red lights? Yup, I do that every day. Matter of fact, it was 9:50 last night and the closest McDonalds was exactly 10 minutes away and it just so happened to close at 10:00. Better believe I turned on those sirens and ran every light just to get my Milkshake.

99% of the time, If a cop pulls you over for speeding or any other type of traffic violation and you give us a sob story, we will let you off the hook. Throw in some tears just for good measure though.

No matter what you heard, there is no quota that a police officer need's to reach at the end of the month. I know Officers in my station that haven't given a ticket out in 5 years.

Cops (and firetrucks) running red lights just for the sake of it is nothing new in NYC, although we do indeed hate stopping for you.

Ive actually tried making up some *%%%%$*! stories, they actually work. i have a few extra "i just donated blood" stickers and they never fail.

I cant believe theres no quota though...can someone confirm on this? no ticket in 5 years?
eek.gif
laugh.gif

:
those dudes must be chilling during their shifts everyday
laugh.gif

Not true here in Atlanta...I've talked to hella cops that are close friends...best believe they have quotas...if not "deadlines"

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Remember in Superbad how the cops turned the sirens on just to run those red lights? Yup, I do that every day. Matter of fact, it was 9:50 last night and the closest McDonalds was exactly 10 minutes away and it just so happened to close at 10:00. Better believe I turned on those sirens and ran every light just to get my Milkshake.

99% of the time, If a cop pulls you over for speeding or any other type of traffic violation and you give us a sob story, we will let you off the hook. Throw in some tears just for good measure though.

No matter what you heard, there is no quota that a police officer need's to reach at the end of the month. I know Officers in my station that haven't given a ticket out in 5 years.

Cops (and firetrucks) running red lights just for the sake of it is nothing new in NYC, although we do indeed hate stopping for you.

Ive actually tried making up some *%%%%$*! stories, they actually work. i have a few extra "i just donated blood" stickers and they never fail.

I cant believe theres no quota though...can someone confirm on this? no ticket in 5 years?
eek.gif
laugh.gif

:
laugh.gif

Not true here in Atlanta...I've talked to hella cops that are close friends...best believe they have quotas...if not "deadlines"

I have friends who are traffic cops and friends who are patrol cops. Patrol cops don't really have a quota, but traffic cops don't have quotas in the sense of must meet numbers, but they do keep track of who gives out the least amount of tickets.

Well, I can't disclose where I work, but I'll say this:
- When you send in a payment, include the correspondence as requested. When you get your check, cash, or money order returned and it's marked late, don't be mad at us. All you sent in was the payment and no information, get real.
laugh.gif

- When you are given instructions, follow them. It makes processing your paperwork that much easier and quicker when you write legibly and include all details.
- Why are you resting your coffee on your paperwork creating coffee stains? And why are there grease stains?
laugh.gif

- Thanks for not signing your check. It will be back in your mailbox in 3 - 5 days.
laugh.gif

From managing a movie theatre previously:
- Complaining can give you everything but the key to the front door and entry to the safe. But as soon as you go over the top with an attitude, your chances shrink. Yes, you will get a refund or free tickets, but you won't get the special treatment you were about to receive.
- The "butter" is the nastiest stuff you will ever see. It's what clogged arteries are made of.
- There's a slight chance your nachos were made by someone not wearing gloves and I can't tell you if they even washed their hands.
- Sorry that ticket prices are so high and concessions are laughable, but these decisions are made at corporate. And the employees aren't being paid on the same level as those high prices either.
- The chairs are nasty. May I suggest bringing an anti-bacterial wipe?
- No, you can't have that banner/poster/standee that's up. If it's cool, it's been claimed.
- Courtesy cups are lined with wax. Don't ask extra butter to be placed in them.
- The ice in the soda machines gets GROSS when the ice is low. (Old popcorn, candy, etc.)
-

Originally Posted by JStunn197

Originally Posted by badmoonRison

Yo Wells Fargo dude, I've been wondering this for a while: Do banks go out of their way to hire good-looking females as bank tellers?   
I don't work at Wells Fargo but I work at a bank as a manager... and yes I hire the good looking ones. You should see the line up I got right now
laugh.gif

It's not just banking though... being good looking has lots of perks.
laugh.gif
Sounds like a fantasy bball league, got all the girls lined up on payroll with stats and pictures
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

Yo Wells Fargo dude, I've been wondering this for a while: Do banks go out of their way to hire good-looking females as bank tellers?   
I don't work at Wells Fargo but I work at a bank as a manager... and yes I hire the good looking ones. You should see the line up I got right now
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Sounds like a fantasy bball league, got all the girls lined up on payroll with stats and pictures
roll.gif
roll.gif
amd_debrahlee.jpg

grin.gif

Actually YES, male bank managers do it as a matter of fact. My manager is female so she goes 50/50
But I've gone to other locations in my market, and LORD OH LORD.
Some of the tellers are 9's and 10's

When I seen the mass on one of them I was like
24yvgug.jpg

and it takes a very good looking girl with a mass to impress me

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

badmoonRison wrote:

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
amd_debrahlee.jpg

grin.gif

just about to post this.

UPS-

- if your package says FRAGILE or even hand write FRAGILE all over the box, we dont care, we will still toss, throw, squish, step on them while loading them
-sometime or some folks at UPS would drop a package jus to hear or see if whatevers in there will break
- if your sending a package out and has "do not open till a certain date (like if its someons bday gift) we will shake, tear open it a lil, or jus open it flat out to seee what it is.
- if your shipping something out thats smaller than a 4x4in box, the more chances the box will get lost or opened up, so jus put it in a bigger box or jus ship it thru USPS
-do not wrap the box your shipping in gift wrapping paper, its jus causing more attention to your box, and makes us curious..lol
-if you file a claim saying you never recieved your package UPS will make a note of your address and put it in our system and from here on out you will need to sign for every package ur expecting, no more leaving it at your front door.
- if your rude to UPS drivers, we will remember your house for future deliveries
-has one of the best full Benifits plan to offer..... even for part timers

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Hmm.

Magic Moutain

- if your friekn fat, dont make us have to push the damn belt harvest and lock your seat. lose some weight before getting on the ride.

-if you complain to me, i will call security to kick you out without a refund.

- at times the rides arent open and i waited outside and when people asked if it will open i say no or yes depending if youre a jerk or not. Like if someone is like "wttf why aint this open" i go sorry technical diificulties, it ill be closed" in reality were at the ride just chillin.

- if you sound like a B, i will tell you to get out of line and go to the back.

- if a ride is broken, the workers dont really know whats the problem. at times your depending on a 17 year old to control the ride.

-there are many fine hunies at Magic, and i will help them with whatever they want.

- if your a guy and a B, and ask me where something is, il say sorry idk.

Costco Food demonstrator

-you think youre slick grabbing more than one sample? i memorize your ***

- customers are allowed to get as many samples as they want, dont push it makes you seem needy.

- let me fill all my damn tray of samples, dont be reaching trying to grab samples when im clearly trying to have a distance from you.

-i dont give a F, if you been waiting for a while for food. its F'ing free, you keep asking me how long it takes, il say 10 more minutes.

- say thank you, youre getting free food, dont act like you deserve the shiit.

you are a ++%@##$ loser.

laugh.gif
calm down.

i should have worded it more specifically. but im too lazy.
sounds like JRose5 at a real job.

Originally Posted by Rayguns05

UPS-

- if your package says FRAGILE or even hand write FRAGILE all over the box, we dont care, we will still toss, throw, squish, step on them while loading them
-sometime or some folks at UPS would drop a package jus to hear or see if whatevers in there will break
- if your sending a package out and has "do not open till a certain date (like if its someons bday gift) we will shake, tear open it a lil, or jus open it flat out to seee what it is.
- if your shipping something out thats smaller than a 4x4in box, the more chances the box will get lost or opened up, so jus put it in a bigger box or jus ship it thru USPS
-do not wrap the box your shipping in gift wrapping paper, its jus causing more attention to your box, and makes us curious..lol
-if you file a claim saying you never recieved your package UPS will make a note of your address and put it in our system and from here on out you will need to sign for every package ur expecting, no more leaving it at your front door.
- if your rude to UPS drivers, we will remember your house for future deliveries

out of curiosity, if someone opens a package and sees an expensive item like an iPhone, do they ever take it or has a situation like that ever happen?

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

UPS-

out of curiosity, if someone opens a package and sees an expensive item like an iPhone, do they ever take it or has a situation like that ever happen?
I think they do. A few years ago, my boy worked at UPS and they grabbed some jordan XIVs, sold them to friends and they weren't even out yet.
tongue.gif
. not retro ones, I'm talking about 1998 ones lol

Damn, some of you are shady! Stealing, lying, being arrogant... does any of you like their job?

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

UPS-

dont work for a freight company or anything, but it seems to happen all the time.  i was reading a thread in slickdeals when there was 50% bing cashback for an online watch retailer (ashford.com).  it seemed like a LOT of people had their box resealed with a second layer of tape and with nothing inside.

these weren't no g-shocks either.  i'm talking breitling, patek phillippe, B&M, etc.  somebody came up.

don't use valet service unless you can see them park your car. if you plan to use them, dont treat them poorly; tip at least a dollar

laugh.gif
at all the lames who work retail jobs, and lash out at customers so they can feel like they have some control in their lives.

i worked a retail job in HS, but i never saw the point in being rude or disrespectful to customers. you have to deal with them for at most 5-10 minutes then you'll probably never see them again.. just do your job and help them with whatever they need, and they'll be out of your way.

eek.gif
laugh.gif

:
laugh.gif
That so isn't true.
laugh.gif

Police officers DO have quotas. I work at the freaking PD.

My contribution: Nike Factory

Dont try and make a deal "if i buy 3 can i get 20% off?" -we dont make deals

It is Nike policy to price match to any other outlet. Its not up to managers descression like some of you believe. If another outlet has it for 34.99, you can get it for 34.99, you may have to call a manager out on this, but its p&p.

Employees dont hoard stuff in the back, it isnt employees vs yall. We really dont care.

If you are cool to me, i will help you out. ie: checking for any heat we may have in the back on hash, letting you know about up-coming sales, maybe grabbing something sick from the back thats not on the floor, giving you a coupon etc etc.

Thanks mostly to Nike Talk, the free Nike find shipping is no longer available. Yall screwed the pooch.

A lot of employees are worthless and dont know squat.

A lot of employees are sneaker heads just like yall, so when we get heat in you best believe we are snagging a few pairs, but we dont hoard stuff in the back.

Dont let your kids walk up and down the aisles and push the boxes in, i will usually follow him/her fixing the boxes, waiting for you to yell at ur kid and apologize to me, you usually dont, so im forced to yell at your kid for you.

Lastly, and most importantly, its real annoying when yall call daily asking for spacejams, foams etc etc, and get mad at us when we tell you "we dont have them" and yall get mad and accuse us of hiding them in the back, or holding out on yall.

^ gave me a good laugh

Originally Posted by Darkwing Duck

Lastly, and most importantly, its real annoying when yall call daily asking for spacejams, foams etc etc, and get mad at us when we tell you "we dont have them" and yall get mad and accuse us of hiding them in the back, or holding out on yall.

and
roll.gif
! people actually do this!

Originally Posted by xcg11pinoYx

hmm lets see..I've had quite a few jobs but doing Valet years ago would be fun to list.

-Inspect your cars before you leave. With most companies, they are 100% not liable for any damage done to your car the moment you leave the parking lot/property..people fail to see the sign every time/use it to their own discretion.

-for a nice 4/5 star hotel, the sucking up will commence for that extra tip, and even so the visitors are really generous
happy.gif

-for a nice 4/5 star hotel, if you have a nice whip, valets will take their time and pictures will be taken of them in the car.

-i'm sure the same goes down in restaurants..if you start complaining or yappin' at the mouth with NO legitimate reason, your property will get messed with..every group of valets has their one wacked out dude...keying cars, stealing valuables, popping the hood, etc etc etc..it all goes down..

-when it is absolutely busy with lines of people, valets are more than often trying their hardest, so all of negative remarks and comments will make it worse for your situation

-every group of valets has that 1 dude who does NOT know how to drive manual..he will practice on your car, believe me.

pretty much how it is 

Originally Posted by DT43

laugh.gif
at all the lames who work retail jobs, and lash out at customers so they can feel like they have some control in their lives.

i worked a retail job in HS, but i never saw the point in being rude or disrespectful to customers. you have to deal with them for at most 5-10 minutes then you'll probably never see them again.. just do your job and help them with whatever they need, and they'll be out of your way.

Im sayin
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom