Post Something You Know That We Don't Because Of Your Job

Originally Posted by The Notorious Bum

(Wells Fargo)
People think its okay to come and deposit big amounts of money separately or each day because they wont get monitored WRONG, you're accounts are being watched!

If Im being nice to you it's because Im trying to get sales outta you.

IDC nor do managers care if you got crazy amounts of money you can't be rude to us just because of that.

If you're told we only got small bills it's a lie WE got plenty big bills just don't wanna give them to you same goes for 2 dollar bills.

People always think banks got all kinds of money in the vaults its FALSE we got 200-300k TOPS
Old job and all on point...you think you being slick by spreading deposits out over a few days but all that's being monitored

- Also if you don't have a job and are making large deposits on the regular, trust, the bank is on top of it.

- It's nearly impossible to steal from/rob WellsFargo or any large bank for that matter and get away with it.  I've seen tellers get chunked the duece over $5.00

- If you're suspected of stealing from the bank (employee) they'll bring in investigations and basically force you to admit you did something wrong, even if you did nothing.  They're philosophy on theft is pretty much "If it smells like a rat, it's probably a rat."

- Bankers will sell you a savings account even if they KNOW you don't need/can't afford one and even if they KNOW you're going to get monthly fees and overdrafts because of em.  It doesn't pay to open up a single checking account.

- Bankers can waive ALL KINDS of fees from check fees, overdraft fees, wire fees, money order fees...just about any fee you can name a banker can usually reverse them...but if you're a %*@* I would hit you with the..."They've been real strict on us lately and are only allowing us to reverse fees if it's a bank error...sorry."  That was rare with me though...you had to really piss me off for me not to at least reverse one fee.  My customers LOVED me.
laugh.gif

- Keep track of your spending and don't rely on your online banking.  Alot of times transactions don't go thru right away EVEN IF IT'S DEBIT because business' merchant services (card processing) differ from business to business.  It's not the banks fault that Shell didn't send your payment through their MS right away and it doesn't show up on your online banking statement.  Then three days later you overdraft because you forgot you got gas and spent more than you actually have.  Now you mad a me cuz I won't reverse a fee.
smh.gif

- Your $10k, $20k, $50k cash in the bank DOES NOT IMPRESS US AT ALL
laugh.gif
...the most unsuspecting people are the ones with the most bread, not the ___holes that come in and try to regulate over some fee that we charged

- At least at Wells Fargo, a banker is NOT A PRESTIGIOUS position.  Don't let the suits and ties fool you...they AIN'T CAKIN.
roll.gif
  I don't know how many of my customers thought I was gettin guap just cuz I dressed nice and sat behind a nice desk.  The only ones makin real loot at Wells are investment bankers, private bankers, mortgage reps, DM's and higher ups.

- CD's won't make you any real money

I could go on but I think the best thing I learned while working at Wells is that Mike Jones is/was PAID...this was well after his first album and he really had no buzz at the time.  Bruh was seein PAPER.

Ain't much to tell about my current job (teacher/coach) except we DO talk crazy about kids in the teachers' lounge.
laugh.gif

- Preciate it.

Metrologist/Electronic Technician/Calibration Technician:

- ever wanted to know the exact time? time.gov 

- ever wondered how we know how long an inch is, how long a minute is, how much pressure is 100 psi, how clean a signal really is, or how much is 100 volts?   look up NIST.gov

- ppm (part per million) is the next measument of percentage after  0.0001%

- calipers are calibrated with by a set of gage blocks. preferably in a 68 degree room and are so precise they have to be handled with gloves because the oil on your fingers can alter readings.

* caliper

micrometer-caliper_2.jpg

*gage block set:

53.jpg

gage%20blocks.jpg

- Benzene causes leukemia and is associated with other blood cancers and pre-cancers of the blood.

* benzene is harmful at levels 1000-times below what people can smell. (if you can smell it you're %%%%#%)

* benzene smells like ammonia

- they make scales so sensitive wind can throw readings off. for this they have scales with enclosed chambers that come with a set of tongs and also have to be used with gloves

* precise scale

i311-slide-large.jpg

Oil Change/ Quick lube joints. (EZ Lube, Jiffy LUbe, etc)

1. Don't take your car there, ever.

2. The techs aren't mechanics and aren't certified as one. That's why they're known as techs.

3. Oil changes are the loss leaders, meaning they don't make much from them. Instead, when your hood is open, the "technician" will tell you about your radiator, air filter, transmission, fuel filter, etc. and say that service is up and the "Manufacture recommends that ever XX,000 miles your car needs this and that. This is where the most margin is since the only costs being used are fluids and labor.

4. Same with the valet guys, there's always one dude that doesn't know how to drive stick, and your car will be the guinea pig. They be grinding all sorts of gears down there.

5. If we don't have a certain grade oil in stock (5-30, 10-30, 5-20, etc) we'll still do the change and replace it with the closest one. This is horrible for your car, especially if it's a newer model and needs a certain grade.

6. Almost everyone working under your hood or underneath the bays aren't always qualified. I wasn't at the time... but I was still down their chopping away at your nuts and bolts, getting oil all over the place. I was 17 at the time, right out of high school and didn't know a carburetor from a fuel filter.

It'd be easier to do it yourself. For the bigger services, find a mechanic that you can trust and is a referral.... or go to the dealer.

Originally Posted by larrivee7

Originally Posted by BootsieCollins85

private engineering company as a land surveyor

Survey_Instrument_2.117201659.jpg

This is not a camera, we aren't taking your picture. All the faces you make, and hand signals you throw up are pointless. Plus you just look like a weirdo.
roll.gif
Didn't know there were any other surveyors on here
pimp.gif
.  Where you located? I'm doing mostly geology/geotech. work at my current job, but I was on a survey crew all through school.  Loved it.

My favorite was when I was in school and we had surveying lab on campus.  People would be walking and not paying attention or on the phone, and literally almost fall backwards when they realized they were about to walk in front of the gun.  I guess they thought the laser was gonna cut their head off
roll.gif

Yeah man its cool I'm in So Cal our office is in Huntington Beach, we have alot of fun while taking care of business. When people ask what we're doing. Say we have some utility locating (the colored paint in the street as someone previosly noted) in a residential area, we always get "hey what are you doing?"  We usually say "oh you didn't hear...this is where the new freeway off/on ramp is going. Construction starts in a month!"

Either that or if they ask if they can walk in front of the gun, if its a guy we tell them "yeah go for it...it'll just make you sterile." And for chicks well depending on how they look, they can walk in front whenever. They just get the sneaky view through the eyepiece.
devil.gif

believe it or not...at my two jobs i actually don't have anything bad....

As far as promoting, there is SO MUCH that goes on behind the scenes that people don't realize...hectic would be an understatement when it comes to day of the show...

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

Originally Posted by ebpo

*Old jobs
- When you buy expensive furnitures, there's a lot of chance it's not such good quality... I know I did a LOT of touch-up on some $300's chair for example...
- Furnitures that a customer sent back because of a defect might be send to another customer
smh.gif

* Actual job
- Internet Explorer 6 is a pain in %+$ to work with. Design almost never looks like you want it to be. And yet, it's probably the most used browser out there.
- When most people look at a website, they have no idea how complicated the back-end can be.
yeo...what do you do? arent you from mtl too?  i sorta work with webpages too so i know ie6 is a %$#%+ lol
I'm a web developer. And yes, in Montreal
wink.gif
What do you do?
Sorta the same..content management for a certain contract...html, javascript and stuff around it...im pretty much learning on the way lol
you work for yourself?? or a company?
For a company in the Old Port. I do PHP, Javascript, HTML, and I recently started to work with Facebook/Youtube/Twitter APIs... (Youtube is the worst of all!)
I don't get it, you're doing a contract but you're learning on the way? What's your company doing?

*Old jobs

- When you buy expensive furnitures, there's a lot of chance it's not such good quality... I know I did a LOT of touch-up on some $300's chair for example...

- Furnitures that a customer sent back because of a defect might be send to another customer
smh.gif

* Actual job

- Internet Explorer 6 is a pain in %+$ to work with. Design almost never looks like you want it to be. And yet, it's probably the most used browser out there.

- When most people look at a website, they have no idea how complicated the back-end can be.
yeo...what do you do? arent you from mtl too?  i sorta work with webpages too so i know ie6 is a %$#%+ lol
wink.gif
What do you do?
Sorta the same..content management for a certain contract...html, javascript and stuff around it...im pretty much learning on the way lol
For a company in the Old Port. I do PHP, Javascript, HTML, and I recently started to work with Facebook/Youtube/Twitter APIs... (Youtube is the worst of all!)
I don't get it, you're doing a contract but you're learning on the way? What's your company doing?

have you ever thought about developing an iPhone or Android app for NikeTalk, its been requested plenty of times, and you may be able to make money off of it

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

*Old jobs

smh.gif

* Actual job

wink.gif
What do you do?

have you ever thought about developing an iPhone or Android app for NikeTalk, its been requested plenty of times, and you may be able to make money off of it

Apps for the iPhone are written in C++ or Objective-C. The languages he listed are all web-languages (though he may know the aforementioned ones).

I've considered trying to develop an app for NT, but decided against it for several reasons:
  • You people won't pay for it. We'll get about $5 from 5 honest individuals and the rest will illegally download it.
  • I don't like the idea of developing for one platform. However, catering to the intricacies of Android and WebOS devices takes far too much time than is logical for a not-for-profit project (back to the first point).
  • A new message board engine is needed before anything else.

Originally Posted by TheBachellor

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

*Old jobs

smh.gif

* Actual job

wink.gif
What do you do?

Apps for the iPhone are written in C++ or Objective-C. The languages he listed are all web-languages (though he may know the aforementioned ones).

I've considered trying to develop an app for NT, but decided against it for several reasons:
  • You people won't pay for it. We'll get about $5 from 5 honest individuals and the rest will illegally download it.
  • I don't like the idea of developing for one platform. However, catering to the intricacies of Android and WebOS devices takes far too much time than is logical for a not-for-profit project (back to the first point).
  • A new message board engine is needed before anything else.
This.

I do know C, C++, Java, (one you know one, you can basically find your way in any language)
An iPhone app could be useful, but it would be a pain in the +%! to develop with Yuku. Plus I'm not sure about compatibility between, WM, iOS and Android.

But I some of you want to try it, I'll be glad to be part of this though, but that's a whole other subject
wink.gif

i work at a hotel, we have your address and put that into google maps if we think you have money to see how big the crib is

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

paint on the sidewalk/grass in your yard/the street=
blue=water under ground
yellow=gas underground
red=electric underground
orange=phone underground
Learned this during training
laugh.gif

Cable tech:

-Your cable box has been previously used. It had a ton of roaches in it too. DO NOT put the remote in your mouth as some greaseball had it in his mouth as well as his cheeto hands and cum residue. Warehouse workers just use simplegreen to wipe em down and repackage them
laugh.gif
smh.gif

-If you keep having signal issues such as distorted picture, problems with your VOD, and skipping channels and so on, odds are the tech has just swapped out the equipment and went on his way
laugh.gif
. When in reality the line somewhere has deteriorated, a splitter has gone bad, the fitting at the tap is sucked out or water has gotten in due to the initial installer not putting a weather bushing on the tap. AKA too much work, "i'll swap the box and continue to do so until the customer escalates it to corporate and they have someone else re-wire the place"

-We zip tie the drop to the strand. If the ziptie clip isn't facing down, a squirrel will eat through that %!+$. It's like candy to rodents
laugh.gif

-IF you're at the end of your city, your signal is naturally going to be weak, it's common sense. Amplifiers, even house amps, will only lead to other problems. In those cases leave cable ASAP because the problem will never be fixed.
laugh.gif
Wow... What is it with the cable boxes? How do roaches get inside?

No wonder I hate Comcast so much.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
dude, people are disgusting.

You DO NOT want to see the houses we get into and have to put up with. SLOBS, pack rats, the stereotypical middle aged cat lady, etc.

People are @%!$$*% filthy, and don't clean up their living quarters. People hardly EVER turn off their cable boxes, and roaches LOVE warm areas.

Put that all together and it makes for disgusting warehouses and having to tuck your pants into your boots before you walk into that place if you don't want them to get on or IN ya
smh.gif
smh.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

*Old jobs
smh.gif

* Actual job
wink.gif
What do you do?
They have a contract with a pretty big burger company...lol...its basically like an internal site for franchisees and stuff...their site is updated daily...its pretty ghetto...everything is so old school...everything is html haha
cause the people that run it arent that techie...and we arent even either...i have no clue how we have this contract...but whatever im getting paid lol

whered you learn php?  I did some at school and touched a bit of facebook stuff too but really basic basic lol

in certain states, you can rent merchandise and get away with not paying for it. No court/police or anything like that.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

laugh.gif
dude, people are disgusting.

You DO NOT want to see the houses we get into and have to put up with. SLOBS, pack rats, the stereotypical middle aged cat lady, etc.

People are @%!$$*% filthy, and don't clean up their living quarters. People hardly EVER turn off their cable boxes, and roaches LOVE warm areas.

Put that all together and it makes for disgusting warehouses and having to tuck your pants into your boots before you walk into that place if you don't want them to get on or IN ya
smh.gif
smh.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
roll.gif
Wow... just wow. That is awful. Not surprised though, people in general are extremely messy and dirty when it comes to homes.

Originally Posted by ualreadyknow23

Old job and all on point...you think you being slick by spreading deposits out over a few days but all that's being monitored

- Also if you don't have a job and are making large deposits on the regular, trust, the bank is on top of it.
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

That's messed up. Curious as to what their first assumption is...

I work for Citi bank in bankcard collections

if you can afford your monthly pmts dont ask for a lower apr. we'll say no repeatedly. transfer you a mgr. who'll say no too.

if you want to set up an arrangement on your acct. that isn't delinquent here how to get it approved. you "must" be going through an extreme hardship such as; job loss of atleast 30 days, medical expenses, auto/home repairs, natural disaster not covered by fema, family death. (say it even if it isn't true)

now this won't guarantee you a payment arrangement cuz if the system doesn't populate one then you're s.o.l.

stay away from consumer credit counselors that aren't non-profit organizations (daily i hear about how the company they were working with went out of business)

make pmts over the phone w/ the rep (we get bonuses off the bal. we save)

if you're pmt is late don't mail it in it takes 7-10 for it to post so collection calls will continue.

don't sign up for promotional aprs. we can't help anyone who has one.

if you make a pmt over the phone by check there is a $14.95 fee (we waive it most of the time unless you're rude) debit card pmts are free

if you're a seafood company sending in over 10gs a day to be processed by an armored truck company we will notify the FBI and they will catch you...

the managers who process commerical deposits at night to send in are +!@+*$$ idiots...why do you put 20 staples in a $20 bill and the reciept that goes with it?

new money smells like +@+$...

please don't write on your money...

whoever makes these counterfiets isnt really good at it...

armored trucks are robbed damn near every week on the west coast...TX and CA stay gettin hit up

worked for gap for a short time.

if we do a merchandise check on the computer and there are only 1 or 2 left, its sold out.

Construction Engineering.

I can share some useful tips about your home.

= if you see cracks in your drywall... you more than likely have structural issues that can cost as much as $100k to fix
= if you see water spots on your ceiling, and it's not from a leaky pipe, there is a major problem. Above the ceiling drywall is a vapor barrier. Above that is a minimum of 10" insulation. Above that is air space and finally your roof sheathing with the tar paper + shingles as a finish. For water to get through ALL of those porous materials (think how much water can build up in fiberglas insulation) AND break through your vapor barrier is insane. If you see spots on your ceiling... be worried.
= when renovating... do me a personal favor and use MINERAL WOOL (Roxul is the brand name) for insulation and NOT THAT PINK GARBAGE. It is fire proof and 100% repels moisture. Meaning: if water enters your walls (from the outside) it will naturally shed back outside as it can't stay on the insulation or cross the vapor barrier. The fire proof aspect of it is a no brainer... pink fiberglass burns like gasoline haha. ....oh and it costs the same.
= if you find sound to be an issue in your home i.e. "paper thin walls" you may want to look into an insulation product called Roxul Safe n Sound. Put this insulation in your wall and it will DEAD sound and make a world of difference for very little cost (aside from re- dry walling). Not to mention it stops the spread of fire.

= if you have any questions or concerns about your house or any building just ask. I know more than Mike Holmes.

Hmm.

Magic Moutain

- if your friekn fat, dont make us have to push the damn belt harvest and lock your seat. lose some weight before getting on the ride.

-if you complain to me, i will call security to kick you out without a refund.

- at times the rides arent open and i waited outside and when people asked if it will open i say no or yes depending if youre a jerk or not. Like if someone is like "wttf why aint this open" i go sorry technical diificulties, it ill be closed" in reality were at the ride just chillin.

- if you sound like a B, i will tell you to get out of line and go to the back.

- if a ride is broken, the workers dont really know whats the problem. at times your depending on a 17 year old to control the ride.

-there are many fine hunies at Magic, and i will help them with whatever they want.

- if your a guy and a B, and ask me where something is, il say sorry idk.

Costco Food demonstrator

-you think youre slick grabbing more than one sample? i memorize your ***

- customers are allowed to get as many samples as they want, dont push it makes you seem needy.

- let me fill all my damn tray of samples, dont be reaching trying to grab samples when im clearly trying to have a distance from you.

-i dont give a F, if you been waiting for a while for food. its F'ing free, you keep asking me how long it takes, il say 10 more minutes.

- say thank you, youre getting free food, dont act like you deserve the shiit.

- If you want to do any type of work on your house, even if it's fixing a fence, you have to get a $100+ permit to do so.
- You can sneak and do that type of work as mentioned above without anyone noticing.
- We have files and pictures of everyone's house, letting us know if anything has been done to it, if you owe any fines, anything of that nature.
- I CAN give you the Vehicle Sticker Application without your registration, but I just don't trust you.
- We have less than $200 in each drawer, so don't try to rob us.
- We laugh about having to add an $125 turn-on fee to your water bill if they already cut it off.
- Police reports cost $5. Vehicle Stickers cost $30 ... and Seniors pay nothing.
laugh.gif

- When you talk to us through that bulletproof glass, we can't really hear you ... we just smile & grin like we do.
- If you get put on hold by the Police Department/Village Hall for more than 1 min ... chances are we forgot about the call, went to lunch, or went to the bathroom. Just hang up and call back.

Back
Top Bottom