\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

**** an M4
You take that back
I8kq0uJ.gif

Why do people do stupid **** like this with their license plates on nice cars? looks so tacky. 
mean.gif

00n0n_a1RB3z2k8Wq_600x450.jpg

just saw it while browsing craigslist and had to comment

Why do people do stupid **** like this with their license plates on nice cars? looks so tacky. :{

00n0n_a1RB3z2k8Wq_600x450.jpg

just saw it while browsing craigslist and had to comment
Were are you supposed to put the front plate on them anyway? I never see one with a front plate

wait wut

isnt it still getting drilled in?

edit- mind = raped i just looked into it and i guess its mounted to the tow hook :eek

i always hated when people do it like that too thought they drilled it that way :x still looks bad but :hat since no holes

Last edited:
It saves his bumper from being drilled, if it didn't come drilled from the dealership. Or if they opt on going a different route, it saves the OEM paint from the plate constantly rubbing on it.

Most people get ticketed for no front plates, so they have to mount it somewhere. Mounting it there has a pretty good clearance from the bumper and the plate, and it's really stiff/stays in place.
ahh makes sense.

i'll take the cost of the fix it ticket over that look.

i've been driving around since 2006 in California without a front plate on any of my cars and my only fix it ticket was in 2007 on my way to school in a slammed bright teal integra 
laugh.gif
  (i was also speeding, slightly, he just hit me with the plate ticket while he was at it)

Last edited:
Saw a cts-v coming fast in my rearview once without a front plate. Looked so badass and it made me take both my front plates off last year. I've probably gotten like 6 tickets for them, but only one legitimate one while driving. Most of them came when I was parked at one of the local county recs to play bball and I guess the cops have nothing better to do so they drive around the parking lot looking for violations so they can write tickets. Also got one when my car was parking outside in front of my parent's house.

Can't complain, but c'moooon maaaan. I'm gonna just try leaving one in my front window whenever I park like that, because I've seen people do that, but at the same time, if the cop's looking to write a ticket, he's gonna write the ticket. It's like a $50 fine everytime so not enough to make me put them back onto the car permanently.

Might want a good set of summer tires. They tend to perform better in the rain as well once warmed up vs all-seasons
understood, thanks

Don't spend good money on tires with a dropped car unless your camber is adjusted. Either way falken is good for the money.
please elaborate some more

quoting myself again since I got ignored the first time
What kind of car? If it's a sports car, sure, go for a nice set of summers, and a set of winters. If it's a Corolla, just get a nice set of all seasons that got decent reviews and aren't too expensive.
I have an 04 acura tsx, I don't need winter tires since that season is non existent here

Dude looking for tires also check out treaddepot. If I was you I'd sign up on a forum specific to your car and look up what vendors they have. They're always willing to give deals to members.
I always forget that I'm a member on tsxclub :lol
I like posting here better :o

Michelin Pilot super sport or PS2's summer tires and call it a day.

Tirerack.com
will look into these, thanks

How much are those front plate tickets? Moved
to VA last year from Atl and Im about to switch
my plates, but dont want a front plate on my boo.
Esp not after having the front wholes filled and grill
shaved.

How much are those front plate tickets? Moved
to VA last year from Atl and Im about to switch
my plates, but dont want a front plate on my boo.
Esp not after having the front wholes filled and grill
shaved.

i'm in va and it's $50 every time.

i, personally, think the tow hook looks kinda dumb so i never even considered it. most of my friends have it though.

Despite the poopy looking license plate, that M3 up there is on craigslist for only 28k.  6 speed with black/red interior 
devil.gif

Despite the poopy looking license plate, that M3 up there is on craigslist for only 28k.  6 speed with black/red interior 
devil.gif
Buy it ***** boy!!

Also no front plate laws here in NC 
pimp.gif

One of the only cool things about this state 
laugh.gif

How do you guys choose the best tires for your car? My rear right tire popped going over a deep hole today. And both front tyres look like they're going need replacing real soon. So I might as well replace all 4 since they're not all from the same brand. :lol 0]
quoting myself again since I got ignored the first time

Depends on your budget, if you want
2 nice summer/winter sets, or just an all-season for regular commuting, etc.

Really comes down to what you want out of the tire, and what your budget is. Sometimes also if you want it to sit a certain way on your wheel.
don't really have a budget
there's only one season here in S. Florida, but it does tend to rain a lot
my car is also on springs, so it sits kinda low

Michelin Pilot super sport or PS2's summer tires and call it a day.

Tirerack.com

this. ey @WhatCanISay what is your winter setup?

I'm still learning, so I'm on my stock all-seasons now. Rather wear these out for this winter. I don't drive it as hard now, since I'm on the stock tune.

Once the summer comes, I'll be copping a summer set.

gotcha.

Back
Top Bottom