\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Nice, man.

Yea, I would go with what you mentioned. Did you install them yourself?

Yup. Me and my buddy. Pretty straight forward install. The rears are crazy since the shock is diff and separated from the spring.. so there's 2 areas to adjust which is weird.. removing all the trunk liners sucker but worth it. I drove from sac to my home near Napa and only rubbed rears a few times on the crappy roads... cold as hell in elk grove
My buddy just opened a shop out there so I came to say what's up. 6 pack of beer and a sandwhich. I got quotes, 400-500. Smh. THAT A DOPE Pair OR Jays :smile:

Nice, dude.

I'm not too wrench-knowledgeable, so I just had mine installed with a performance shop. Sounds like a good time, though :lol:

How much u pay bro?

Despite the poopy looking license plate, that M3 up there is on craigslist for only 28k.  6 speed with black/red interior :evil:

I'll admit I've got some bias, but it wouldn't hurt to look into a c63 too. You'd only be able to get a sedan for now since the coupes didn't come out til 2012 and they're still out of that price range.

At least try and test drive them both back to back and see which one is more fun.

Despite the poopy looking license plate, that M3 up there is on craigslist for only 28k.  6 speed with black/red interior 
devil.gif
I'll admit I've got some bias, but it wouldn't hurt to look into a c63 too. You'd only be able to get a sedan for now since the coupes didn't come out til 2012 and they're still out of that price range.

At least try and test drive them both back to back and see which one is more fun.
i'll be honest, i love the C63, it's my favorite Benz (affordable one at least, im not counting black series and supercars) and i have no issue with the sedan, i actually think i like them better when it comes to the c63

but i've had my eye on the E92 M3 since it released, nothin is gonna change my mind.  and i've always personally preferred BMW to Mercedes

i do appreciate you opening my eyes to the C63 though, like the e92m3, i had no idea they were starting to hit the 30k range 

Last edited:
i'll be honest, i love the C63, it's my favorite Benz (affordable one at least, im not counting black series and supercars) and i have no issue with the sedan, i actually think i like them better when it comes to the c63
but i've had my eye on the E92 M3 since it released, nothin is gonna change my mind.  and i've always personally preferred BMW to Mercedes

i do appreciate you opening my eyes to the C63 though, like the e92m3, i had no idea they were starting to hit the 30k range 
What happens when something major breaks on the bmws outta warranty? Just saying like dude did a few pages back just because you get a 60k car for half price doesnt mean you'll be fixing a 30k car you'll be fixing a 60k car. I guess I will never understand why people are willing to pay mid 30k for a german car and two years later it only be worth high 20's to mid 20's. I understand mostly all cars go down in value.

Can I ask why you would shoot your self in the foot to sell your evo and put 10k+ on a car that will be worth mid 20s to high teens in a few years?

Last edited:
well im probably not getting one until the end of the year so my plan is to get one in the mid 20s......

on top of that, i really don't see these cars (clean title and well taken care of ones) dropping too much lower than that in value. clean e46s are still 20k...

Last edited:
well im probably not getting one until the end of the year so my plan is to get one in the mid 20s......

on top of that, i really don't see these cars (clean title and well taken care of ones) dropping too much lower than that in value. clean e46s are still 20k...
20 would be on the high side we live in the bay and theyre are some pretty clean e46 m3s going for 13k to 17k

Despite the poopy looking license plate, that M3 up there is on craigslist for only 28k.  6 speed with black/red interior :evil:

but i've had my eye on the E92 M3 since it released,
nothin is gonna change my mind.  and i've always personally preferred BMW to Mercedes

whew

Last edited:

20 would be on the high side we live in the bay and theyre are some pretty clean e46 m3s going for 13k to 17k

I sold my 2004 e46 M3 with 67k miles back in October of 2012 for 24k...it had a rare Alcantara interior that was nearly impossible to find.

C63 AMGs are dope, they also smoke E92s stock vs stock but they don't look near as good in my opinion. 
About $300 for the install.
Coils aren't too hard to install, unless well they are seized up or you cross thread a bolt 
mean.gif
laugh.gif

What happens when something major breaks on the bmws outta warranty? Just saying like dude did a few pages back just because you get a 60k car for half price doesnt mean you'll be fixing a 30k car you'll be fixing a 60k car. I guess I will never understand why people are willing to pay mid 30k for a german car and two years later it only be worth high 20's to mid 20's. I understand mostly all cars go down in value.

Can I ask why you would shoot your self in the foot to sell your evo and put 10k+ on a car that will be worth mid 20s to high teens in a few years?
That comparison doesn't make a lot of sense to me, Id rather buy a car that someone else got hit with all the depreciation then pay for owner costs then pay full brand new price and pay owner costs. People that buy these cars 99.9% of the time know what it costs to own one and aren't trying to ball on a budget. 

These cars will not depreciate that fast either, they're the last M3 made and a lot of people don't like the M4 so they will always be sought after. 

Last edited:
Was watching 1320 vids the other day and they had a supercharged c63 getting busy on the highway :pimp:

Also saw a new BMW Z4 in person and the looks :x :pimp:

If only they stuffed a v8 in it :lol:

Dying technology, b.

I think the m3 coupe looks so much better than the c63, but I was just saying...the least you could do is test drive one.

Dying tech, sure you could make an argument for that but nothing is ever gonna beat the feeling of rowing through your own gears with a clutch and shifter.

C63 AMGs are dope, they also smoke E92s stock vs stock but they don't look near as good in my opinion. 

Coils aren't too hard to install, unless well they are seized up or you cross thread a bolt :smh: :lol:

That comparison doesn't make a lot of sense to me, Id rather buy a car that someone else got hit with all the depreciation then pay for owner costs then pay full brand new price and pay owner costs. People that buy these cars 99.9% of the time know what it costs to own one and aren't trying to ball on a budget. 

These cars will not depreciate that fast either, they're the last M3 made and a lot of people don't like the M4 so they will always be sought after. 
So im guessing that means you fix it correct? All i was asking was when something goes wrong with the engine or ****** do you fix it or sell. As for the other thing i asked him specificly why he would sell his evo and put 10k on top for a car thats gonna be worth the same as his evo with a matter of years. He responded with find one for about 25
Do you mean last coupe? Theres a 2015 m3 already or is that gonna be the last one?

Without the limited or hard to find interior or what ever they still range low teens. Im not saying some arent going for high but theres alot going for low.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/4822430889.html
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/4857664262.html
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/4857664262.html

I'm not disagreeing with you whatsoever, but convertible e46 m3's aren't worth much. They are highly undesirable and sell for way less than coupes. In general, the M3 is just one of those cars that if you have one that is well kept with low miles, someone out there will pay a premium for it.

So im guessing that means you fix it correct? All i was asking was when something goes wrong with the engine or ****** do you fix it or sell. As for the other thing i asked him specificly why he would sell his evo and put 10k on top for a car thats gonna be worth the same as his evo with a matter of years. He responded with find one for about 25
Do you mean last coupe? Theres a 2015 m3 already or is that gonna be the last one?
Why would something go wrong with the engine or ******? You run that risk with all cars, the E92 has proven to be reliable. His Evo is sick but its no comparison to the M, it has everything you could want in a car, performance and luxury. Like I said most people that buy a M know what it is and what it takes to own one.

Yeah 2015 is the last coupe, from here on out its the M4.
I'm not disagreeing with you whatsoever, but convertible e46 m3's aren't worth much. They are highly undesirable and sell for way less than coupes. In general, the M3 is just one of those cars that if you have one that is well kept with low miles, someone out there will pay a premium for it.
This.

Those soft top verts are ugly lol that's why they go for less. It ruins the flow of the car and makes it look cheap imo.

Last edited:
Why would something go wrong with the engine or ******? You run that risk with all cars, the E92 has proven to be reliable. His Evo is sick but its no comparison to the M, it has everything you could want in a car, performance and luxury. Like I said most people that buy a M know what it is and what it takes to own one.

This.

Those soft top verts are ugly lol that's why they go for less. It ruins the flow of the car and makes it look cheap imo.

Not to mention slower and worse performance-wise. And regarding your other point, no one will truly understand the M3 unless they drive one. Comparing it to the Evo isn't even fair. My e90 m3 was literally a go kart with a full leather interior. Taking turns in the car was superb and rivals my 911, it might even be slightly better honestly.

Not to mention the prestige of owning an M, and for some reason girls love them.

Also the last year of the e92 was 2013, and they are still going for over 50k.

Last edited:
you guys are posting these 123k mile rebuilt title m3's smh

Took the words out of my mouth. Also no one wants 01-02 m3 cause of the recall.

Post a 2004+ Coupe stick shift with half decent mileage and show me the price. Then tell me another car that was released in 2001 era that holds better value and I will shut up.

Last edited:

This.

1. I wasnt comparing an evo to a m I was compairing the value of it and the m in a few years
2.Why would anything go wrong with the engine and ******? So you saying theres no one out there having trouble with theres?All im saying is **** happens and when it happens for any german car its very expensive quick and im sure people knowing that, that buys it takes that risk.
i guess what im trying to sum up Da hemi>>
:lol: Jk

Ls>>
srs

Back
Top Bottom