\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I need suggestions..my criteria below

-A Masculine SUV
-moderately priced
-Not luxury (BMW), but not Honda/Toyota Level...semi luxury
-Great for daily use
-Doesn't scream "soccer mom"
-Stylish and sexy but still manly
Your criteria almost contradict each other, moderately priced but can't be a non luxury make?

I put Chrysler, Dodge on the same level as Yota and Nissan etc.. so no jeep or Durango, I like the big body Audi suv or the Sequoia. My fav is probably a 4 door Rubi tho 
pimp.gif

Sounds like you should look into trucks if you want something manly.

Also that Porsche buyer is an idiot, I know guys who get PPI at the sale when buying 3k Hondas much less a show car 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I need suggestions..my criteria below

-A Masculine SUV
-moderately priced
-Not luxury (BMW), but not Honda/Toyota Level...semi luxury
-Great for daily use
-Doesn't scream "soccer mom"
-Stylish and sexy but still manly
Trailblazer ss
jeep srt8
Those are both sporty and dont scream soccer mom but are v8s and can be considered gas hogs
What about the last models for yukon and tahoes?

Last edited:
Idk man, I doubt the Fiesta can even keep up with a new WRX. Let alone an M3.

What are the specs on it?
Oh its def not powerful. Its just its power to weight
ratio they say makes it so much fun on the street.
Dat useable power. It has like 200hp & its under 3k
lbs. Small, light, and tossable. I might have to go
drive one to see what the hypes about.

Ohh, I see.

Report back with a review :smokin

I really enjoy mine.

Great Recaro seats, great gearbox, tight steering, and you can use all of the 197hp daily driving + good fuel economy. Great aftermarket support.

Took these shots at my friend's place while we installed some mods:

Its platform is an economy hatchback, so interior quality definitely lacks, but it is too much fun from a pure driving standpoint.

From our blog:

Around 2010 we heard speculation that Mercedes-Benz was planning for a GL63 powered by the 6.2L naturally aspirated V8 used in the ML63 AMG. AMG offered an appearance package for the X164 GL-Class and we envisioned this concept with their essence in mind. Our GL has a sportier front grille and lower fascia. The 21" wheels are similar to the W221 S65 style. This SUV comes packaged with AMG spec'd suspension and brakes sourced by Brembo. The 4.5L and 5.5L V8s are both good engines for forced induction by turbocharging...then they'd become GL45s and 55s. How does this change your thoughts about family road trips?

Last edited:
I really enjoy mine.

Great Recaro seats, great gearbox, tight steering, and you can use all of the 197hp daily driving + good fuel economy. Great aftermarket support.

Its platform is an economy hatchback, so interior quality definitely lacks, but it is too much fun from a pure driving standpoint.
:pimp: good to hear, just a bit small for my tastes. Going
to the DC auto show this weekend, gonna sit in one
and the new Focus ST. The FoST is def on my radar
as well now too till specs/prices release on the RS.
Honestly havent read/heard anything bad about the 2
other than the dealer network sucks.

Can some Bimmer people in here drop some knowledge on me about the issues a high mileage E46 M3 might have?

around 180k.  

obviously that's a ton and not an ideal car to buy. But for the price i'd be paying, basically $6k, it would be a cool car to cruise around for a bit and then sell. and it looks very clean

edit: forgot to mention it's SMG

Last edited:
i feel like it would have the same issues as every other car with that mileage

for e46 main issues might be the subframe and the vanos if not maintenened properly.

Can some Bimmer people in here drop some knowledge on me about the issues a high mileage E46 M3 might have?

around 180k.  

obviously that's a ton and not an ideal car to buy. But for the price i'd be paying, basically $6k, it would be a cool car to cruise around for a bit and then sell. and it looks very clean

E9X or bust
tongue.gif

around 180k.  

I'm been researching this a bit because I've been toying with the idea of buying one for a daily driver.

From what i've read, SMG is trash, especially at high mileage, Vanos issues, valves leaking, and ticking valves.

^ yikes sounds like a nightmare. i got offered a G35 coupe with 115k miles for the TL.  might take that deal 

Last edited:
:pimp: good to hear, just a bit small for my tastes. Going
to the DC auto show this weekend, gonna sit in one
and the new Focus ST. The FoST is def on my radar
as well now too till specs/prices release on the RS.
Honestly havent read/heard anything bad about the 2
other than the dealer network sucks.

FoST will be roomier, have a nicer interior, more features (electric driver's side seat adjustments [maybe passenger, too?], separate driver/passenger climate zones, more robust stock sound system, as examples). Obviously more power.

From a driving and value standpoint, the FiST still wins, both IMO and according to almost every auto journalism outlet that compared them. Of course, everyone experiences different things and places different weights in importance on different features.

I'm 6'4'' and fit in my FiST, but not much else does alongside me. I absolutely see vehicle size being a deal breaker for some.

FoST is definitely the big brother.

FoRS is going to be something else, altogether. STi hunter. Although I love the Subaru STi, and would have a hard time choosing between the RS and STi.

Awaiting more RS information.

^ yikes sounds like a nightmare. i got offered a G35 coupe with 115k miles for the TL.  might take that deal 
Join the club and get the coupe :lol:. I'd stay away from the m3. Best case scenario, you don't have any issues with it, and it'll be a ***** to flip it, since those same worries you have about the high mileage will also be had by any potential buyers you'd be trying to flip it to. Worst case scenario, it gives you all sorts of problems, costs a lot to fix, and it'll STILL be a ***** to sell.

Join the club and get the coupe
laugh.gif
haha i think i might.

whatever i get i won't be keeping though.  Just trying to make money off this TL.  Maybe i'll just keep craigslist trading to see how far i can go up 
laugh.gif

turned a 98 civic LX into a 2000 TL, into a 01 Tacoma, into this 04 TL.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom