\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

roll.gif
I think nobody got the actual joke of the car's title already being salvaged.

Without making a new thread, my S14 was stolen last weekend and found 2 days ago completely stripped out in Las Vegas. Only had liability, so yeah I ****** up and now starting from scratch.

For those with experience on owning both an e46 M3 and Evo. Which is easier to maintain? reliable, and cheaper on insurance (I'll be 24 next month)

School me on pros and con's. Obviously I'm not looking to be spoonfed as I'm researching on other forums, but some stuff is outdated.

I already had an Apex Silver Evo 8 and it was okay. I just for sure know I'm never buying anything modded already like the Evo.

What other options are there as far as something I can daily, mod simple bolt ons and make decent power? E39 M5 was my other option. I'm done with your average Nissan, Honda, Toyota.

Last edited:
Looking for an un-modded evo?

That's going to be a tough, probably impossible one unless it's an X.

Nothing wrong with buying modded if you know EXACTLY the condition it's in, and what is it going to cost you if something were to fail. The good and bad part about fixing it is that it might not cost much more to just get a better performing part or whatever mechanical component is faulty, which can then handle more power/stresses.

But now getting to that power that your new parts can take and maintaining your new build is what will cost you the most.

Without making a new thread, my S14 was stolen last weekend and found 2 days ago completely stripped out in Las Vegas. Only had liability, so yeah I ****** up and now starting from scratch.

For those with experience on owning both an e46 M3 and Evo. Which is easier to maintain? reliable, and cheaper on insurance (I'll be 24 next month)

School me on pros and con's. Obviously I'm not looking to be spoonfed as I'm researching on other forums, but some stuff is outdated.

I already had an Apex Silver Evo 8 and it was okay. I just for sure know I'm never buying anything modded already like the Evo.

What other options are there as far as something I can daily, mod simple bolt ons and make decent power? E39 M5 was my other option. I'm done with your average Nissan, Honda, Toyota.

You may or may not get an answer but there is a guy on YouTube who actually owns both right now maybe you can reach out to him.

https://www.youtube.com/user/370Zforme

https://www.instagram.com/370zforme/

You may or may not get an answer but there is a guy on YouTube who actually owns both right now maybe you can reach out to him.

https://www.youtube.com/user/370Zforme

https://www.instagram.com/370zforme/

As far as other options whats your budget?

Good luck on your search man it's always fun looking for a car :pimp:

No it's not. It's super stressful if you're looking at a bunch of cars :lol:. Especially the sellers who lie about things

I guess it was excited just searching CL everyday with a nice cash budget though. I had a 20k budget and would see soooooooo much stuff that was awesome, but I couldn't decide :lol:

And to nose: why not look into STI's? For the price of the e46 and evo you can find a nice hawkeye sti :nerd:. I consider them reliable as long as your not pushing over 300whp lol

Last edited:
I would prob recommend starting with the below options besides your choices

Wrx/ older STI
VW GTI/GLI
370z
s2000
speed3
335i

Not sure what you can get a decent s4 for

in other news i found a set of 19" M3 fitment Mag Blue Volk TE37s 
nerd.gif
Now we're getting somewhere. Euro and Japanese wheels are not really my thing, but the quality is undeniable for sure. You won't be disappointed, the preference is subjective but the quality and performance of Rays' Volk wheels is as objective as can be.
Right now I'm leaning towards getting the Work VSXX i posted a couple of pages back, but I'm still waiting to hear back from the Mag Blue TE37 owner on a price.  

But i just feel like the VSXX fit the E92 better, I know both are Japanese but the TE37 might be a little too Tuner for it.

in other news i found a set of 19" M3 fitment Mag Blue Volk TE37s :nerd:

Now we're getting somewhere. Euro and Japanese wheels are not really my thing, but the quality is undeniable for sure. You won't be disappointed, the preference is subjective but the quality and performance of Rays' Volk wheels is as objective as can be.

Right now I'm leaning towards getting the Work VSXX i posted a couple of pages back, but I'm still waiting to hear back from the Mag Blue TE37 owner on a price.  

But i just feel like the VSXX fit the E92 better, I know both are Japanese but the TE37 might be a little too Tuner for it.

Feel like mesh wheels go together with BMWs so well. +1 for the VSXX.

Meh idiots drive all types of makes and models.
You can find tons of crash videos on every car. I guess the mustang thing is because there's more mustangs on the road now since they're getting cheap enough for teenagers that don't know how to drive them lol

Two different type of cars.  Are you planning on Modding?  If so, i would do the EVO since it's FI vs. the NA m3.  Your cieling for power will be higher.  It's going to be tough finding one that isn't modded in some way though.

If you're going to be looking for reliaibility, i would personally looking elsewhere.  Maybe a Lexus, or Infiniti.  Just the maintenance alone on the m3 will be costly unless you can do a lot of the work yourself.

Just get a 335i. 

With just bolt ons, a tune and 40% e85 . you well make around 450-480whp and 520-550 tq

Last edited:

Just get a 335i. 

With just bolt ons, a tune and 40% e85 . you well make around 450-480whp and 520-550 tq

Yea its really a solid choice for the price. Its bascially the mix between the e46 and the evo

He can get the xi and have the AWD turbo car with the BMW comfort features

Back
Top Bottom