\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Eh, I don't know man.

I had an '04 IS300 and put over 100k miles in 7 years with no big issues at all. Had an '07 GS350 with no issues either with over 50k miles in 3 years.

Lexus is the GOAT when it comes to reliability. I don't even think about owning my Porsches that long, it gives me nightmares. Even the most reliable European is half as reliable as Lexus.

you'll probably be disappointed, unless it's a much newer Lexus model. If you're not into modding at at all then I would say a new Lexus.

Would I do it? No.

Eh, I don't know man.

I had an '04 IS300 and put over 100k miles in 7 years with no big issues at all. Had an '07 GS350 with no issues either with over 50k miles in 3 years.
Looks like you want something more reliable

Go with the lexus, just remember the engine you'll be missing out on the 335

speaking of Toyota, had no clue they stopped with the whole Scion&Venza line. Crazy, I thought they were doing good.

Last edited:
I've never seen the owner of it, but I'm sure it belongs to some rich Saudi, pretty nice.

Went to my local BMW dealer the other day in hopes of buying an M2. Turns out a few days ago they received one and it sold an hour after opening when they received it right at closing time the day before. Luckily I was able to get one of their allocations and they're charging MSRP. Went with a Long Beach Blue Metallic DCT, can't wait to get my hands on it later this year 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Went to my local BMW dealer the other day in hopes of buying an M2. Turns out a few days ago they received one and it sold an hour after opening when they received it right at closing time the day before. Luckily I was able to get one of their allocations and they're charging MSRP. Went with a Long Beach Blue Metallic DCT, can't wait to get my hands on it later this year :pimp:  
Nothing wrong with dct but what made u want it over manual on an m2

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with dct but what made u want it over manual on an m2
Resell value wise I know manual would have been better but I just have a lot of stop and go traffic where I'm at and I'll be moving up towards NYC metro area and it just wouldn't have been convenient for me to drive a stick. I know others in the same situation who would have said otherwise but that's just me. 

Last edited:
Anyone ever have their car appraised by a dealer? I'm looking for advice on what to do, so here is my dilemna. A local dealer sent me a notice that they wanted to look at my whip and assess the value to see if I wanted to trade it for something in their inventory.

Right now I'm still paying on my car that is financed, but I'm looking to get out of it and into a better car with lower payments. Here's the bad part: I did my own appraisal on Kelly Blue Book and it was below what I initially thought I could get for it and have a feeling that a dealer with probably devalue it lower to make a profit.

Should I just finish paying off my loan? Or get into a newer car with lower payments and price which means I can pay it off faster.

Last edited:

Anyone ever have their car appraised by a dealer? I'm looking for advice on what to do, so here is my dilemna. A local dealer sent me a notice that they wanted to look at my whip and assess the value to see if I wanted to trade it for something in their inventory.

Right now I'm still paying on my car that is financed, but I'm looking to get out of it and into a better car with lower payments. Here's the bad part: I did my own appraisal on Kelly Blue Book and it was below what I initially thought I could get for it and have a feeling that a dealer with probably devalue it lower to make a profit.

Should I just finish paying off my loan? Or get into a newer car with lower payments and price which means I can pay it off faster.
Dealers always send out notices asking you to bring your vehicle in for trade-in assessment. It's a form letter and nothing special so don't read too much into it. They want your car because then they'll make money on your used car and when you buy a new car.

It never makes financial sense to trade in a vehicle before it's paid off but if you can swing the payments and it makes you happier then go for it.

But when you say "better car" with lower payments do you just mean a newer car but not necessarily more luxurious/sporty, or do you mean actually both? If so the only way to get lower payments is to extend out the payment time frame which will make it slower to pay off.

Back
Top Bottom