\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

My stock trunk light was so dim, it may as well not be there, so I installed a smd12 diode board (blue color) :

I feel like I'm in houston with a pop trunk. :lol: :pimp:

Last edited:
AYO

Never understood Porsche appeal. Never been a Porsche guy. Small, cramped, driving position is ok. Old school P cars were a little harsh. New ones are more refined. Over rated IMO. Flat six noise, cool.

It's a sports car, not a Cadillac... what do you expect?

Re: Insurance. I pay $180 a month for my C2S. I tried inquiring about the Turbo S and they flat out said they wouldn't insure it and I would have to go through a specialty provider :smh:
what company do you have for insurance? $180 is not bad at all

LOL this guy. but seriously how do you see at night? on the interstates without street lights i mean doesn't that diminish your visibility even more?

ITS 35% WINDSHIELD AND 0% ALL AROUND.

ITS CLEAR AT NIGHT. I HAVE NO ISSUES WITH VISIBLITY. PLUS FACTORY HIDS AND LED FOGLIGHTS HELP WITH AREAS WITH NO LIGHTS.
do you have trouble seeing out the back window being 0%? Do you often get stopped by police?

Last edited:
Guys.  I made a last minute decision. 

Decided to go with the Cadillac CTS 6.2L Performance Package. 

do you have trouble seeing out the back window being 0%? Do you often get stopped by police?

NAH NO PROBLEMS...I DRIVE LOOKING FORWARD THRU THE WINDSHIELD :lol: :lol:
BUT NAH NO ISSUES FOR ME, MY EYES ARE FAIRLY ADJUSTED. IVE BEEN DRIVING WITH DARK WINDOWS FOR OVER 13YRS NOW.

IT ACTUALLY BOTHERS MY EYES WHEN RIDING IN CARS WITH NO TINT, I HATE THAT.

AND IVE ONLY BEEN PULLED OVER ONCE, TICKET GOT THROWN OUT. BUT 90+% OF PEOPLE THINK IM THE POLICE ANYWAY SO I JUST RIDE 8)

NIGHT VIEW.

NO STREET LIGHTS OUT MY WAY Thierry Henry Thierry Henry .

Last edited:
Anyone ever use opticoat on their car?

-Drew
Not my car but we took in a black 09 Shelby Mustang that was opticoated.  I was extremely impressed. The car didn't even need to be polished when we got it ready for the showroom which was a first for any car that wasn't white or silver.

Do it :pimp:  that bump in power is all the BRZ/FRS needs and it will be considered perfection in my book. 

I'm going to have to pass on it. Would've been $1850shipped for the entire sprintex/innovate kit. Really cheap, but after thinking it through, I'm either going edelbrock or Jackson racing, not going to get anything that isn't known for being reliable.
Engine won't blow up, but i just saw lots of little issues in the owners thread, even if they say it's fine

For the entire supercharger setup? 
sick.gif

Damn i miss Japanese car part price. I just payed that much for a tune on my car
Which tuning company did you go with?

Or was it a custom tune done locally?
It's a custom tune but it's done through a Cobb Accessport. So buying the Accessport was the most expensive part of it, that damn Porsche tax, the Accessport is somehow like 4 times the price of an accessport for a lot of other cars)

I use the accessport to datalog my WOT pulls and then send those logs to the tuner so that he can customize the tune specifically to my car.  The custom tuning is actually not done yet, right now it's just on the initial tune that he sent me. Once it is it will be another 20-25hp and a more smooth power delivery.  As of right now it's sitting at roughly 100hp/100trq over stock which is just ridiculous in this car. 

He's also going to remove the cold startup process when he sends me the next tune which will be very nice so i don't piss off any neighbors starting the car early in the morning or late at night.

Last edited:
 For the entire supercharger setup? :x

Damn i miss Japanese car part price. I just payed that much for a tune on my car

Yes :lol: . For the intercooler, supercharger, pipes, and catch can. I would have to pay an additinal $650 for a protune, and installation also

It's very cheap and I'm sure I'm going to regret passing, but theres just a lot of people that have had issues with belts and rpm hesitations (but thats probably just the tunes they get).

that cold startup removal is something I want so badly, my cold starts are really loud, and my car isn't even loud at all imo. Makes me want to switch back to my stock exhaust

Last edited:

Yes :lol: . For the intercooler, supercharger, pipes, and catch can. I would have to pay an additinal $650 for a protune, and installation also

It's very cheap and I'm sure I'm going to regret passing, but theres just a lot of people that have had issues with belts and rpm hesitations (but thats probably just the tunes they get).

that cold startup removal is something I want so badly, my cold starts are really loud, and my car isn't even loud at all imo. Makes me want to switch back to my stock exhaust

If your trying to save some money. The sbd turbo kit is looking like the best bang for your buck right now.

I'm going to have to pass on it. Would've been $1850shipped for the entire sprintex/innovate kit. 

DAMN JUST FOR A TUNE? holy crap. for my rex i was told it can run anywhere from 3-500 open source. def not about that german life :lol:

NAH NO PROBLEMS...I DRIVE LOOKING FORWARD THRU THE WINDSHIELD :lol: :lol:
BUT NAH NO ISSUES FOR ME, MY EYES ARE FAIRLY ADJUSTED. IVE BEEN DRIVING WITH DARK WINDOWS FOR OVER 13YRS NOW.

IT ACTUALLY BOTHERS MY EYES WHEN RIDING IN CARS WITH NO TINT, I HATE THAT.

AND IVE ONLY BEEN PULLED OVER ONCE, TICKET GOT THROWN OUT. BUT 90+% OF PEOPLE THINK IM THE POLICE ANYWAY SO I JUST RIDE 8)

NIGHT VIEW.

NO STREET LIGHTS OUT MY WAY Thierry Henry Thierry Henry .

in that pic yea it looks fine. BUT 0%?! goddamn son, you could fully smash a chick in broad daylight with tints like that. could never do that in NYC, that is probable cause like a ************

Last edited:
DAMN JUST FOR A TUNE? holy crap. for my rex i was told it can run anywhere from 3-500 open source. def not about that german life :lol:
in that pic yea it looks fine. BUT 0%?! goddamn son, you could fully smash a chick in broad daylight with tints like that. could never do that in NYC, that is probable cause like a ************

THE CAMERA EXPOSURE IS A LITTLE OFF BUT THATS PRETTY MUCH HOW THE WINDSHIELD LOOKS AT NIGHT.

BUT YOU ARE CORRECT :lol: :lol:

IVE BEEN SITTING IN MY CAR AND I HEAR PEOPLE WALKING PAST TALKING ABOUT HOW THEY CANT SEE IN IT AN THEN I GET OUT AND THEY BE LIKE DAMN I DIDNT KNOW ANYBODY WAS IN THERE.

I WOULD SAY 60% OF VEHICLES HERE IN MEMPHIS HAVE DARK A#$ WINDOWS. BUT I HAVE THE UPPER HAND CUZ THE MAJORITY THINK IM THE POLICE ANYWAY. :lol: THATS WHY I WANTED A CHARGER BECAUSE I HONESTLY WANTED TO BLEND IN.

IF YOU SEARCH DEEP BACK IN THIS THREAD MY LAST VEHICLE WAS A RED TAHOE, I COULDNT GO ANYWHERE WITHOUT BEING SPOTTED, WAS MAD ANNOYING. AND MY TRUCK HAD GOT BROKEN INTO ONCE, SO IT HAD TO GO. MEMPHIS "HATER RATE" IS AT A SOLID 91% AND BY THE CITY BEING SO SMALL....ITS EXTREMELY EASY TO GET SPOTTED.

MEMPHIS RULES OF THUMB:
-NEUTRAL COLORED CAR
-STATE ISSUED LICENSE PLATE(NOTHING PERSONALIZED)
-NOTHING THAT WILL MAKE IT STAND OUT AND MEMORABLE

CAR JACKINGS AND CAR THEFTS ARE SKY ROCKETING HERE NOW.

Last edited:
I remember that red Tahoe :pimp:
Here in Texas it's easy to get away with tints. Cops don't really bother you for it. I have a friend with 20% windshield it's super dark can't even imagine 0%

Last edited:
I remember that red Tahoe :pimp:
Here in Texas it's easy to get away with tints. Cops don't really bother you for it. I have a friend with 20% windshield it's super dark can't even imagine 0%

MY 1ST TRUCK HAD A 20% WINDSHIELD AND 2% ALL AROUND AND IT WASNT BAD.

MY TAHOE HAD 35% WINDSHIELD AND 2% ALL AROUND

I CANT LIE, I MISS IT SOMETIMES.

BUT EVEN AFTER A YEAR OF ME NOT HAVING IT, I WILL GET A RANDOM CALL OR TEXT FROM SOMEBODY AND THEY BE LIKE "I SAW YOUR OLD TRUCK".... I BE LIKE OOOOOK..... AND? :lol: :lol: :rolleyes

THE CAMERA EXPOSURE IS A LITTLE OFF BUT THATS PRETTY MUCH HOW THE WINDSHIELD LOOKS AT NIGHT.

BUT YOU ARE CORRECT :lol: :lol:

IVE BEEN SITTING IN MY CAR AND I HEAR PEOPLE WALKING PAST TALKING ABOUT HOW THEY CANT SEE IN IT AN THEN I GET OUT AND THEY BE LIKE DAMN I DIDNT KNOW ANYBODY WAS IN THERE.

I WOULD SAY 60% OF VEHICLES HERE IN MEMPHIS HAVE DARK A#$ WINDOWS. BUT I HAVE THE UPPER HAND CUZ THE MAJORITY THINK IM THE POLICE ANYWAY. :lol: THATS WHY I WANTED A CHARGER BECAUSE I HONESTLY WANTED TO BLEND IN.

IF YOU SEARCH DEEP BACK IN THIS THREAD MY LAST VEHICLE WAS A RED TAHOE, I COULDNT GO ANYWHERE WITHOUT BEING SPOTTED, WAS MAD ANNOYING. AND MY TRUCK HAD GOT BROKEN INTO ONCE, SO IT HAD TO GO. MEMPHIS "HATER RATE" IS AT A SOLID 91% AND BY THE CITY BEING SO SMALL....ITS EXTREMELY EASY TO GET SPOTTED.

MEMPHIS RULES OF THUMB:
-NEUTRAL COLORED CAR
-STATE ISSUED LICENSE PLATE(NOTHING PERSONALIZED)
-NOTHING THAT WILL MAKE IT STAND OUT AND MEMORABLE

CAR JACKINGS AND CAR THEFTS ARE SKY ROCKETING HERE NOW.

car prolly looks clean as hell, but i have to hate :lol:. because when im trying to move on the highway...or any street for that matter, and i see a cop car, i gotta drive slow word to paul wall.

giphy.gif

so when a citizen is driving a cop car, it annoys the hell outta me cuz ill initially think it's a cop, sometimes for a long time, before i realize it's just someone who wants to troll motorists and i keep it moving :smh: almost as bad people who use unfocused HIDs (those people should have their timing belt snap at highways speeds)

then again if you ain't pushin those black steelies, prolly not a cop.

undercover cop cars: murdered out windows, communication modules on trunk or top of car, black steelies, lights in back window..usually painted black, grey, or white. sometimes will have bullhorn guard bars in front. dodge charger, chevy tahoe, ford explorer, chevy impala, crown victoria, ford taurus, ugly *** ford 500. thats prettymuch what i got down lol

Last edited:
car prolly looks clean as hell, but i have to hate :lol:. because when im trying to move on the highway...or any street for that matter, and i see a cop car, i gotta drive slow word to paul wall.

giphy.gif

so when a citizen is driving a cop car, it annoys the hell outta me cuz ill initially think it's a cop, sometimes for a long time, before i realize it's just someone who wants to troll motorists and i keep it moving :smh: almost as bad people who use unfocused HIDs (those people should have their timing belt snap at highways speeds)

then again if you ain't pushin those black steelies, prolly not a cop.

undercover cop cars: murdered out windows, communication modules on trunk or top of car, black steelies, lights in back window..usually painted black, grey, or white. sometimes will have bullhorn guard bars in front. dodge charger, chevy tahoe, ford explorer, chevy impala, crown victoria, ford taurus, ugly *** ford 500. thats prettymuch what i got down lol

SHIIIII, DOWN HERE THEY'LL PULL DOWN ON YOU IN AN ALTIMA, A FORD FUSION OR EVEN A F-150. ALL PLAIN JANES. NO TINT, NO COMMUNICATION MODS, REGULAR PLATES, BONE STOCK WHIPS.

Last edited:
Yikes at the 0% tints.

My car has pretty dark tints, not sure what the % is, and I have to be extra cautious when I'm driving at night through residential stop signs looking out for pedestrians crossing. :lol:

Can anyone guess what the % might be here?

i have 30% all around and yours look a bit darker than mine so id guess 20%

i cant tell if its just the angle/lighting from that pic but is the rear darker than the front? if it is your rear is pretty dark :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom