\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Yikes at the 0% tints.

My car has pretty dark tints, not sure what the % is, and I have to be extra cautious when I'm driving at night through residential stop signs looking out for pedestrians crossing. :lol:

Can anyone guess what the % might be here?

This is like 20-25.

Maybe lower in the back.

Last edited:
i have 30% all around and yours look a bit darker than mine so id guess 20%

i cant tell if its just the angle/lighting from that pic but is the rear darker than the front? if it is your rear is pretty dark :lol:
Yeah, the rear is darker, almost limo tint, you can't see inside at all unless your face is right next to the glass. Even then, the interior is black as well, so not much can be seen. All black everything like an HBCU.

Last edited:

This just come in. Countdown to the JB4 upgrade begins. Should be making close to 310 hp and 350 ft lbs of torque at the wheels for the GTI :pimp:

For the entire supercharger setup? 
sick.gif

Damn i miss Japanese car part price. I just payed that much for a tune on my car
DAMN JUST FOR A TUNE? holy crap. for my rex i was told it can run anywhere from 3-500 open source. def not about that german life
laugh.gif
Yea, pretty outrageous bro. Companies like GIAC and EVOms charge over 2k just for a flash tune. And you get nothing, just the flash on the ecu. You get no parts or handheld tuner or anything

At least with the route i went i get a tuning device where i can plug it into the car and do datalogging, watch up to 6 live gauges on it, flash different maps at the press of a button including if i want to change to race gas or E85, and load custom tunes from pretty much any Porsche tuner onto it so its actually a map specifically for my car and not just a general map for any 997.1 Turbo. I can even get a legit dynotune and save that tune onto it.

Last edited:
Guy that ended up buying my E92 M3 last month was someone that i know, he sent me this pic today of the car.  He's supercharging it in a couple weeks too.

b154f654_Attach16734_20161122_163916.jpeg

Yea, pretty outrageous bro. Companies like GIAC and EVOms charge over 2k just for a flash tune. And you get nothing, just the flash on the ecu. You get no parts or handheld tuner or anything

At least with the route i went i get a tuning device where i can plug it into the car and do datalogging, watch up to 6 live gauges on it, flash different maps at the press of a button including if i want to change to race gas or E85, and load custom tunes from pretty much any Porsche tuner onto it so its actually a map specifically for my car and not just a general map for any 997.1 Turbo. I can even get a legit dynotune and save that tune onto it.

Buddy of mine got a GIAC tune and when he took it to the dealer they flashed it back to stock unknowingly lol. Hopefully they flash it back for free.

He dipped the m
laugh.gif

Hope that's vinyl
Yea it's vinyl.  He did Vorsteiner wheels on it. Did a bunch of carbon fiber stuff too, Mirror caps (since i sold mine before i sold the car), lip, rocker panels, grills, side gills, hood vents, rear diffuser, interior trim. M Performance steering wheel. And he's doing to 650hp supercharger kit on it.

Last edited:
DAMN JUST FOR A TUNE? holy crap. for my rex i was told it can run anywhere from 3-500 open source. def not about that german life :lol:
in that pic yea it looks fine. BUT 0%?! goddamn son, you could fully smash a chick in broad daylight with tints like that. could never do that in NYC, that is probable cause like a ************

THE CAMERA EXPOSURE IS A LITTLE OFF BUT THATS PRETTY MUCH HOW THE WINDSHIELD LOOKS AT NIGHT.

BUT YOU ARE CORRECT :lol: :lol:

IVE BEEN SITTING IN MY CAR AND I HEAR PEOPLE WALKING PAST TALKING ABOUT HOW THEY CANT SEE IN IT AN THEN I GET OUT AND THEY BE LIKE DAMN I DIDNT KNOW ANYBODY WAS IN THERE.

I WOULD SAY 60% OF VEHICLES HERE IN MEMPHIS HAVE DARK A#$ WINDOWS. BUT I HAVE THE UPPER HAND CUZ THE MAJORITY THINK IM THE POLICE ANYWAY. :lol: THATS WHY I WANTED A CHARGER BECAUSE I HONESTLY WANTED TO BLEND IN.

IF YOU SEARCH DEEP BACK IN THIS THREAD MY LAST VEHICLE WAS A RED TAHOE, I COULDNT GO ANYWHERE WITHOUT BEING SPOTTED, WAS MAD ANNOYING. AND MY TRUCK HAD GOT BROKEN INTO ONCE, SO IT HAD TO GO. MEMPHIS "HATER RATE" IS AT A SOLID 91% AND BY THE CITY BEING SO SMALL....ITS EXTREMELY EASY TO GET SPOTTED.

MEMPHIS RULES OF THUMB:
-NEUTRAL COLORED CAR
-STATE ISSUED LICENSE PLATE(NOTHING PERSONALIZED)
-NOTHING THAT WILL MAKE IT STAND OUT AND MEMORABLE

CAR JACKINGS AND CAR THEFTS ARE SKY ROCKETING HERE NOW.

car prolly looks clean as hell, but i have to hate :lol:. because when im trying to move on the highway...or any street for that matter, and i see a cop car, i gotta drive slow word to paul wall.

giphy.gif

so when a citizen is driving a cop car, it annoys the hell outta me cuz ill initially think it's a cop, sometimes for a long time, before i realize it's just someone who wants to troll motorists and i keep it moving :smh: almost as bad people who use unfocused HIDs (those people should have their timing belt snap at highways speeds)

then again if you ain't pushin those black steelies, prolly not a cop.

undercover cop cars: murdered out windows, communication modules on trunk or top of car, black steelies, lights in back window..usually painted black, grey, or white. sometimes will have bullhorn guard bars in front. dodge charger, chevy tahoe, ford explorer, chevy impala, crown victoria, ford taurus, ugly *** ford 500. thats prettymuch what i got down lol
Add white paint with decals in light......light silver to the point you can't see em till you get close to it .

They done got real slick out here yo.

1964 Pontiac banshee.

Car was axed right before production because gm wouldn't allow it to compete with the corvette.

I don't mind Vinyl wrap.

I'll just never understand dudes who plasti dip their entire car. Like my guy, you can afford an M3. You gotta do better than plasti dip

Anyone ever use opticoat on their car?

-Drew

Not my car but we took in a black 09 Shelby Mustang that was opticoated.  I was extremely impressed. The car didn't even need to be polished when we got it ready for the showroom which was a first for any car that wasn't white or silver.

I'm thinking of doing it. If it'll help preserve the look of the car I'm all for it.

-Drew

not your usual stuff. but hey, cars aren't as cheap as they are in the US. recent project i picked up. turning this into a one of a kind Mazdaspeed AWD for it's generation. currently fine tuning the suspension before going AWD conversion and high comp 14:1.0 turbo. current tune on 98/e85 map, pulls about 200whp and 300nm which pulls away from stock gen6 GTIs easy while keeping up with the big boys before the lack of top end hits..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom