\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

PICS FROM FIRST TRACK DAY IN THE 350. WORKING ON THE VIDEO BUT MOST OF MY VIDEOS ARE LOOKING TO BE A WASH. THE WIND NOISE IS BRUTAL. PROB GOING TO SCRAP ALL OF THE TRACK VIDS. ANY TIPS ON MIC SETUP? I'M USING A GOPRO HERO 5 WITH AN EXTERNAL MIC. IT SEEMS THE EXTERNAL MIC IS TOO SENSITIVE BECAUSE I ACTUALLY GOT LESS WIND NOISE WHEN JUST USING THE GOPRO MIC ON MY INSTRUCTOR LAP VS WHEN I USED THE EXTERNAL MIC ON MY SOLO LAPS. AFTER THE TRACK DAY I PUT A DEAD CAT ON THE MIC AND SNAKED IT TO THE LICENSE PLATE INSTEAD OF MOUNTING IT INSIDE THE CAR. THAT FIXED THE WIND NOISE PROBLEM BUT NOW THE BREAKDOWN OF THE EXHAUST ON DECELERATION IS CAUSING CLIPPING IN THE AUDIO....

HALP. :lol:

NEXT UP, TEXAS WORLD SPEEDWAY FEBRUARY 18-19 :pimp:

Damn that thing is so sick.  

Can you put the mic somewhere else with less wind noise?  Inside the vehicle - would you still be able to hear the exhuast?

THE MIC WAS INSIDE THE VEHICLE WHERE IT PICKED UP ALL THE WIND NOISE. THERE WAS ACTUALLY NO WIND NOISE WHEN IT WAS MOUNTED OUTSIDE THE VEHICLE ON THE LICENSE PLATE. THERE IS A DEADZONE AT THAT SPOT. THE PROBLEM WITH MOUNTING OUTSIDE ON THE LICENSE PLATE IS THAT THE LOUDNESS OF THE EXHAUST IS CAUSING THE AUDIO TO CLIP.

I THINK I HAVE FOUND A SOLUTION. MOUNTING THE MIC INSIDE OF THE TRUNK. THERE IS NO WIND AND CAN STILL HEAR THE EXHAUST JUST FINE :smile:

I'm in the market for a new car. I'm looking at a 2015 Lexus GS350 F (before the ugly grille) or a 2016 Chevy Camaro 2SS. My mind changes every other day though. I also have been wanting a current gen 6-series but I'm not interested in maintaining a car that was once $90K.

I'm in the market for a new car. I'm looking at a 2015 Lexus GS350 F (before the ugly grille) or a 2016 Chevy Camaro 2SS. My mind changes every other day though. I also have been wanting a current gen 6-series but I'm not interested in maintaining a car that was once $90K.

I Had a 6speed Camaro 2SS for a year and that was enough for me. Car was quick, but I really didn't like it. Traded a 300c srt8 for the SS and would still have the srt8 if I had it to do over. Ended up trading the Camaro in on a Silverado, still have the best bang for the buck sports car in the garage(c5 corvette). My wife has a gs350 and she really likes it. I rarely drive it, but it has been a pretty good car so far.

Saw this and thought man it would be cool to have something like this in the garage. Would need a sturdy wall mount though.

typing like there's wind noise in the thread doe

:rofl:

6 series > those other cars mentioned

Don't get a Camaro. I'd go for the gs for sure

Don't listen to him. He drives a Mustang. (Jokes)
Those two aren't exactly in the same class. I would get the Camaro but I'm biased. I haven't cared much for Lexus since the late 00's.

Last edited:
It doesn't even make sense to compare a camaro to a gs :lol:
What are you even looking for in a car? Fun? reliability? Luxury?

I was in a similar position a few months ago debating between a GS350 and a Mustang GT. I bought the GS350 and could not be more happy. :pimp:

My brother installed an FI exhaust (Frequency Intelligent) today on his car. It is very very loud, might even make you go deaf after awhile. Thankfully it can be silenced at will. The video does the sound no justice.

https://vid.me/GMcp

My brother installed an FI exhaust (Frequency Intelligent) today on his car. It is very very loud, might even make you go deaf after awhile. Thankfully it can be silenced at will. The video does the sound no justice.

https://vid.me/GMcp

pimp.gif

Ive had mine for almost 2 years now and love it. I agree though, with the valves open its pretty much unbearable at WOT 
laugh.gif
  I can never get a good clip of mine, going under bridges is the craziest thing ever.

Did he get it from AutoTalent?

Last edited:
That sounds sick!

It really is insane.
:pimp:

Ive had mine for almost 2 years now and love it. I agree though, with the valves open its pretty much unbearable at WOT :lol:   I can never get a good clip of mine, going under bridges is the craziest thing ever.

Did he get it from AutoTalent?

He purchased it from his friend who is returning his lease, the dude went to auto talent originally and they were charging him 5500 for it, ended up calling FI directly and they sold it to him for 4k plus 550 shipping lol. So saved 1000, basically.

I def feel you on going underneath the overpasses and through tunnels. It's pretty nuts so far, but love it.

I wouldn't buy a Rover unless it was brand new with full factory warranty and I didn't have to pay a penny for any repair or maintenance.

Would the same go for the Land Rover LR3/LR4 as well?

my brother copped a used lr3, he hasn't had a lot of problems but the regular maintenance cost is kind of rediculous. he had to buy a new battery once and the price was kind of crazy

Im looking for a new suv. Not interested in going over 40k so will buy used but dont want anything older than 2014 as I will be financing. I need a SUV bc family and im in New Orleans now. I need a big dog whip to fight these pot holes but not interested in bad fuel economy. I also want something nice, like luxury. I was thinking Bmw x6. The reviews on these whips are terrible but the fuel econmy is good and I have seen many 2014 xdrive50i's in Houston for like 38k. What yall think? Any other suv you would recommend? Im lost, lol.

Im looking for a new suv. Not interested in going over 40k so will buy used but dont want anything older than 2014 as I will be financing. I need a SUV bc family and im in New Orleans now. I need a big dog whip to fight these pot holes but not interested in bad fuel economy. I also want something nice, like luxury. I was thinking Bmw x6. The reviews on these whips are terrible but the fuel econmy is good and I have seen many 2014 xdrive50i's in Houston for like 38k. What yall think? Any other suv you would recommend? Im lost, lol.

Not sure if your choice is brand dependent, but the new Mazda CX-9 looks great and gets fairly good mpg. It has a Turbo 4, so it's a lot more underpowered than an x6 lol.

I'm a big fan of the Jeep GC with an EcoDiesel. Great fuel economy and luxury. Same goes with the VW and Audi diesel variants. This is if you are thinking fuel economy+SUV, which typically isn't hand in hand lol.

Back
Top Bottom