\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

so your situation is you like to get rid of cars fast is what im understanding...
yes. I like to keep daily drivers for 3 years. I bought the vehicle i have now though, but that was because i planned on keeping it forever. By the time its paid off it will have under 50k on it, and then i will go back to leasing a dd.

Owning a depreciating asset is not a good look period.

having da asset > not having da asset, especially if da car is used, cuz most of its depreciation happened within its first few years. da longer you own da car da more it ends up paying for itself.

i feel da same way bout leasing but hey, different strokes for different folks.

if you're car is already paid for, financed car mods to spruce up something u drive i don't see a problem.

If you're self employed there are benefits to leasing a vehicle vs. owning. Even if you're not self employed, I would still recommend leasing a brand new vehicle with the intention of purchasing said vehicle once the lease is up. If the vehicle is problematic during the lease phase you don't have to deal with the stress of having to make payments for several years additionally you're also prepared for any life changes.

In this economy, where the S&P/Nasdaq/Dow are performing as well as they are, and cryptos are returning 5-30% daily, you would have to be a flat out moron to park your cash in a car. End of discussion.

There comes a point when the car costs more in gas and maintenance than it’s worth. Where does your money go then?

There comes a point when the car costs more in gas and maintenance than it’s worth.

you gotta be a pretty horrible custodian of a vehicle to have it get to that...

most cars in good used shape if properly maintained will be wild cheaper then da lease/return/lease merry-go-round.

you can’t tell me you don’t see enough banged up 1988 corollas rolling around the city to know that the cars are truly worthless.

I’m going to continue to lease so long as my income allows me to comfortably do so. Maybe when I’m on fixed income and living off my 401k I’ll change my mind. But the enjoyment I get out of driving something new every few years, not having to worry about maintenance costs, not having to go through the hassle of selling directly or getting ripped off on a trade by the dealership are worth much more to me.

We’re getting off topic though so someone please post pics of something.

you can’t tell me you don’t see enough banged up 1988 corollas rolling around the city to know that the cars are truly worthless

they're only worthless to da people that don't want em, you can move a running hooptie easy in NYC, especially a old bulletproof Toyota (i would know) there's always a buyer in need of quick wheels, and while you have it, other than standard maintenance, you're not coming outta pocket with a monthly payment, and ish beats da train anyday of da week.

Fresh wash for bae. I need tints ASAP.

SI_20171208_175057.jpg
Impla or Cruze I can't see it that good but nice car

My man Dave Ramsey can tell y’all bout leasing...

basically exactly what i was talking about... you're paying for its depreciation for a long term rental you don't have nothing to show for when da agreement is done.

Ninja, ya ever post pics of ya camry in this thread?

i don't have it anymore, but ill post my former people mover why not.

Lol oh yea he does have a camry. A 90s camry that he dropped 2k for a paint job :lol:

while im driving it its gonna be as presentable as possible, ill be damned.
IMG_20171130_205518.jpg

that's what it looked like last time I seen it.

basically exactly what i was talking about... you're paying for its depreciation for a long term rental you don't have nothing to show for when da agreement is done.

i don't have it anymore, but ill post my former people mover why not.

while im driving it its gonna be as presentable as possible, ill be damned.
IMG_20171130_205518.jpg

that's what it looked like last time I seen it.
:pimp:

What are you driving now?

Back
Top Bottom