\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

F2356051-5437-4785-ACB2-6948AB05DB1E.jpeg

Tinted the Vic today. 5%

Never in my life have I seen a cherry red crown vic

until right now

Quick question, so I have a 1978 Buick Skylark 3.6L V6. My speedometer only goes up to 80 mph, but I'm reading these specs online and it says the top speed is 101-102 mph? That doesn't make sense. Does the mean the speedometer is not accurate?

1978 Buick Skylark 2-Door Coupe 3.8L V-6 automatic (aut. 3)

• Buick Skylark 2-Door Coupe 3.8L V-6 automatic (aut. 3) , model year 1978, version for North America U.S. (up to September)
    • 2-door coupe body type
    • RWD (rear-wheel drive), automatic 3-speed gearbox
    • gasoline (petrol) engine with displacement: 3791 cm3 / 231.4 cui, advertised power: 78 kW / 105 hp / 106 PS ( SAE net ), torque: 251 Nm / 185 lb-ft
    • characteristic dimensions: outside length: 5085 mm / 200.2 in, width: 1847 mm / 72.7 in, wheelbase: 2819 mm / 111 in
    • reference weights: base curb weight: 1506 kg / 3320 lbs
    • how fast is this car ? top speed: 161 km/h (100 mph) (©theoretical);

Uh yea? Buying a new car is just pissing money into the wind. I'll never buy a new car in my life (unless it's an allocation for a limited Porsche that will sell for more than sticker when I'm done with it)

^^^^ 100%. Wouldn't limit it to Porsche but pretty much yeah. I'd have to be invited w a private showing and limited availability to pull the trigger new

True. My cars are all extremely reliable. If a light comes on I take it in right away. It’s all about how you maintain them.

True. But the Mark VIII parts are getting harder and harder to find. And expensive

Panther cars are super easy to work on too. I can't see the Mark VIII being any harder to work on but I hear you on the parts availability.

Are the wear and tear parts on the Mark VIII shared with any other cars in the Ford lineup?

Panther cars are super easy to work on too. I can't see the Mark VIII being any harder to work on but I hear you on the parts availability.

Are the wear and tear parts on the Mark VIII shared with any other cars in the Ford lineup?
No the parts on the Mark are for that car only. So hunting down certain parts are tough. I usually pick up any spare parts I run across just because. You never know and they make nothing non oem for those cars.

I dont get this mentality
u only live once
whats the harm in buying something for urself brand new
again
we only live 1 lifetime enjoy it
dont waste it worrying about throwing money away

With most cars its financially prudent to buy used.

But with alot of trucks and certain other cars the true cost of ownership is better buying new.

I dont get this mentality
u only live once
whats the harm in buying something for urself brand new
again
we only live 1 lifetime enjoy it
dont waste it worrying about throwing money away
I mean if u got the money to lose and buying new is important to you than yea go for it.

But the other side of it is value for the dollar. For the same price as the new car, you can buy a slightly used similar car for the same amount and get a higher and better model.

Ex:
Just gonna use Porsche as an example since I know the market off the top of my head, u can buy a brand new 2018 base model Carrera with a couple options for $100k. Or for $100k you can go buy a 2016 Carrera GTS, a 2010-11 911 GT3, a 2010-2012 911 Turbo S. Same goes for mustangs, challenges, Mercedes, whatever car u want.

^^^^ 100%. Wouldn't limit it to Porsche but pretty much yeah. I'd have to be invited w a private showing and limited availability to pull the trigger new

Yes it's definitely not limited to Porsche. Same can be done if you got your hands on a Demon at sticker price, or a GT350R. As long as you sell it before they inevitably tank in value. GT350R are already well on their way down

Uh yea? Buying a new car is just pissing money into the wind. I'll never buy a new car in my life (unless it's an allocation for a limited Porsche that will sell for more than sticker when I'm done with it)

There are pros and cons to buying both new and used and they depend on your financial status, your stage in life and the vehicle in question.

Middle income family with growing kids intending on keeping the vehicle for 10+ years will get better value out of a new Toyota Sienna vs. buying a used one that commands a premium.

Not everyone's about that Porsche or vehicles as 'an appreciating commodity' life.

There are pros and cons to buying both new and used and they depend on your financial status, your stage in life and the vehicle in question.

Middle income family with growing kids intending on keeping the vehicle for 10+ years will get better value out of a new Toyota Sienna vs. buying a used one that commands a premium.

Not everyone's about that Porsche or vehicles as 'an appreciating commodity' life.

Doesn't matter what car you're about whether it's exotics or a Toyota Camry for the family. It's just a lot of people aren't smart about buying cars. Just walk into a dealership and see a Shiney new Camry on the showroom floor, pick a color, and sign the paperwork.

Even the family you mentioned could buy the same or similar car for a lot less money, get one that still is under warranty and then extend that warranty when it's time, that way they mitigate maintenance/repair costs as they use the car for years.

Back
Top Bottom