\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Doesn't matter what car you're about whether it's exotics or a Toyota Camry for the family. It's just a lot of people aren't smart about buying cars. Just walk into a dealership and see a Shiney new Camry on the showroom floor, pick a color, and sign the paperwork.

Even the family you mentioned could buy the same or similar car for a lot less money, get one that still is under warranty and then extend that warranty when it's time, that way they mitigate maintenance/repair costs as they use the car for years.

Your right if it’s CPO and maybe a year -3 years with extremely low mileage. That can be found.

But I’d prefer new if I’m getting a nice car I want. Lease it of course.

Doesn't matter what car you're about whether it's exotics or a Toyota Camry for the family. It's just a lot of people aren't smart about buying cars. Just walk into a dealership and see a Shiney new Camry on the showroom floor, pick a color, and sign the paperwork.

Even the family you mentioned could buy the same or similar car for a lot less money, get one that still is under warranty and then extend that warranty when it's time, that way they mitigate maintenance/repair costs as they use the car for years.

Different strokes for different folks. Someone had to have purchased that used car you got new - typically as a lease so they can write off some expenses.

Also those extended warranties are quite expensive and don't cover a lot of things.

There's no justification in my eyes in buying a new car vs one that's a year old that's been hardly used.Especially if you're not getting like an Acid Green PTS Pcar. The "you only live once" mentality is how you get separated from your cash well before you die.

But in the bright side if there weren't so many people buying new BMWs and Merc coupes there wouldn't be any for me to scoop at 40% off >D

There's no justification in my eyes in being a new car vs one that's a year old that's been hardly used. The "you only live once" mentality is how you get separated from your cash well before you die
u get separated from ur cash when u die anyway
and i dont trust u
ur sn this thread and post content ratio is suspicious
and shouldnt be trusted in this thread

There's no justification in my eyes in buying a new car vs one that's a year old that's been hardly used.Especially if you're not getting like an Acid Green PTS Pcar. The "you only live once" mentality is how you get separated from your cash well before you die.

But in the bright side if there weren't so many people buying new BMWs and Merc coupes there wouldn't be any for me to scoop at 40% off >D

Agree with this for the most part. Every single car I have bought thus far in my life have been slightly used and I got to avoid the depreciation hit on them. For cars that you know will hold value though, this is where buying brand new will be better. These are rare situations.

When I looked at the Tacomas, i couldn't believe how much dealers AND private parties were asking for. They were asking $1000 less than a brand new one and most of them had nearly 10,000 miles or more. I figured at that point, it was better to spend an extra $1K and get a truck with 0 miles on the odometer. Obviously this is rare because Tacomas hold their value like no other (especially compared to Fords, Chevys and Dodges).

how am i taking advantage of a tipping system
if i dont tip
I tip if I go to the place fairly often, I dont wanna be known as “that guy” . but generally
my rules for tipping are simple, if you refill my soda before I have to find you and ask, you get a tip :lol:

nelson999 nelson999 Where have you been at brother? Haven't heard from you in a while in this thread? Did you ever get the GT3? You still working at that dealership?

I'm glad I bought new. My car is German and tuned with hardware and software pushing the motor to its upper limits. I like knowing preventive maintenance and top quality oil, gas, and additives were used to enhance longevity.

I dont intend to sell for the foreseeable future and may even pass the car to my daughter 16 years from now. Low mileage golf r is hard to find used and almost never sit on dealer lots (in Vegas market at least)

My first car I ever bought was a used car
It was nothing but problem after problem
A money pit!
Ended up costing me way more than what I bought it for .
A waste of money , or as some may say
“Pissing money into the wind “
True story

[
nelson999 nelson999 Where have you been at brother? Haven't heard from you in a while in this thread? Did you ever get the GT3? You still working at that dealership?

Yo!

Man just been busy and I end up forgetting all about NT for months at a time. Just got back from a crazy 2 week trip out to Indiana hanging out with some friends who are professional racers.

GT3 deal fell through. Not sure if the guy sold it elsewhere or was telling the truth but he was claiming that Porsche Financial wouldn't let him pay the car off and wanted to repo it. I told him take my money and pay it off and they'll send a title and he said couldn't do it and had attorneys involved and what not. Oh well. I've checked carfax and it hasn't had a new title issued so maybe he really didn't sell it.

Ended up pulling my Turbo off the market when that happened, after about 24 hours on the market, and then someone from Michigan who had seen it was bothering me for like 5 months trying to buy it. Finally I caved in and sold it to him so now I'm just kind of waiting to see what I can find next. For now, I'm using the money from it to invest in inventory for the shop and flipping a few cars on the side myself. Just made a nice profit on a 06 Cayman S last week (super fun car for the money) and I have a 66 bug I'm selling now, and might pick up a 01 s2000 this weekend for a good deal.

hardest car of 2019 hands down.

joint is drippppp

2C30FE41-62B3-471F-B877-AE87041DD555.jpeg

Cleaned it the other day and thought it looked nice :pimp:

I bought one of those rug cleaner machines so I’m about to clean the inside today. I like to get my car detailed twice a year so now I can just do it myself, as many times as I want plus I’ll be saving $ in the long run. Details are $100+ and the machine was $99

I’m at the stealership getting my oil changed and I overhear the guy behind me talking to a sales guy. Dude is having a terrible time putting this deal together, homie has a 650 score and from what I gather can’t prove all of his income but is looking to cop a 40k car. I really try to understand ppl’s train of thought like what made homie wake up this morning and think I’m gonna cop this whip given the circumstances?

Buying used Europeans after someone else has already taken the depreciation and the market has leveled off>>>>>>>>>

(ones that aren't pieces of **** obviously :lol:)

I’m at the stealership getting my oil changed and I overhear the guy behind me talking to a sales guy. Dude is having a terrible time putting this deal together, homie has a 650 score and from what I gather can’t prove all of his income but is looking to cop a 40k car. I really try to understand ppl’s train of thought like what made homie wake up this morning and think I’m gonna cop this whip given the circumstances?
So he can’t prove where he gets his income
Like most his money is “off the books”
Or u mean he don’t make enough money to cop a 40k car

I like his style

Back
Top Bottom