\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Front plates don't even really serve a purpose that that rear plates can't. Wish states would get rid of them. Replaced my old front plate holder and the paint behind it was all scratched up.

This Front plate debate is always funny to me.
When I was young(like 1999) I worked in the Detail Department of a ISUZU dealer and the RODEO was super hot. We used to Pop Rivet tags on the front of every car on the Lot, New and Used alike. 5years(or so) prior it was a Ferrari Dealer before Ferrari downsized and our state lost the license, but we specialized in SPorts and IMports on the preowned side.
SUPRAS, 911's, Ferraris, every car on the lot got plates/tags Pop riveted to the front. THese were not the license plate tags, it was the Dealership Tags that advertised the Dealer name.

Anywho, one day somebody bought a Brand new loaded Rodeo fresh off the truck with the Plastic still on it. Customer requested specifically "don't drill into my ****"

SO the guy cleaning it for delivery didn't pop a tag on it.
ROdeo got pulled around front for delivery, and Mr. Donahue(the owner) walked by and saw it had no tag.
HE fired the salesman and the detail attendant who didn't put the tag and NOBODY ever got the chance to tell Mr. DOnahue it was specifically requested to be left off. He was in a furious temper-tantrum so nobdy spoke up for the kid who cleaned it or Salesman who sold it.
The Detail Manager had to go grab the keys and Pop a tag on it at Mr. Donahue's request, he said nothing about the Customer Request, he just did as told.
Well customer noticed it when he came out of the Box and surprisingly he was cool about it, but he wanted it off so he pulled it back around to detail and Mr. Donahue was still back there lecturing us, "these are my cars, that is my name, EVERY CAR GETS A TAG" type ****.......

He realized the customer requested it so he calmed down.
Well, once you pop rivet those tags on, the only way to get them off (how we were trained to do it anyway) was too drill them out, so we pull out a drill and bit and begin drilling the rivets out.

If you know what a rivet is, once you pop it on it looks like a nipple, there is this little round metal circle(imagine that circle being the areola and the rivet we are drilling would be the little nipple) with a nipple in the middle. You drill into the nipple pushing it back into the bumper. Well it wasn't working so we pulled the metal tag off from around the areaola and nipple leaving the two areola's and nipples still riveted into the bumper, the hope was the tag pulling would pull them both out, but it didn't so, we grab the drill again with a smaller bit to penetrate the nipple, well the metal areola started spinning furiously with at the same speed and same direction as the nipple and it burnt the MIca Green topcoat off of this Rodeos bumper leaving a areola sized burn into the bumper.....

Bascially ruined this cats bumper.
He hadn't driven off the lot yet so the deal wasn't finalized(in Oklahoma if you don't take delivery of the car after contracts are signed, the deal isn't legit)
He backed out.
The dealership lost that deal and customer and now had a ruined bumper so, we just got out the pop rivets, and a new Advertisement tag and pop riveted that jawn back on, and it covered the bumper, and we sold it to someone else....

Every time the "front tag" debate is mentioned, I relive this day.......lol, I better spoiler this ramble

When I was young(like 1999) I worked in the Detail Department of a ISUZU dealer and the RODEO was super hot. We used to Pop Rivet tags on the front of every car on the Lot, New and Used alike. 5years(or so) prior it was a Ferrari Dealer before Ferrari downsized and our state lost the license, but we specialized in SPorts and IMports on the preowned side.
SUPRAS, 911's, Ferraris, every car on the lot got plates/tags Pop riveted to the front. THese were not the license plate tags, it was the Dealership Tags that advertised the Dealer name.

Anywho, one day somebody bought a Brand new loaded Rodeo fresh off the truck with the Plastic still on it. Customer requested specifically "don't drill into my ****"

ROdeo got pulled around front for delivery, and Mr. Donahue(the owner) walked by and saw it had no tag.
HE fired the salesman and the detail attendant who didn't put the tag and NOBODY ever got the chance to tell Mr. DOnahue it was specifically requested to be left off. He was in a furious temper-tantrum so nobdy spoke up for the kid who cleaned it or Salesman who sold it.
The Detail Manager had to go grab the keys and Pop a tag on it at Mr. Donahue's request, he said nothing about the Customer Request, he just did as told.
Well customer noticed it when he came out of the Box and surprisingly he was cool about it, but he wanted it off so he pulled it back around to detail and Mr. Donahue was still back there lecturing us, "these are my cars, that is my name, EVERY CAR GETS A TAG" type ****.......

Well, once you pop rivet those tags on, the only way to get them off (how we were trained to do it anyway) was too drill them out, so we pull out a drill and bit and begin drilling the rivets out.

If you know what a rivet is, once you pop it on it looks like a nipple, there is this little round metal circle(imagine that circle being the areola and the rivet we are drilling would be the little nipple) with a nipple in the middle. You drill into the nipple pushing it back into the bumper. Well it wasn't working so we pulled the metal tag off from around the areaola and nipple leaving the two areola's and nipples still riveted into the bumper, the hope was the tag pulling would pull them both out, but it didn't so, we grab the drill again with a smaller bit to penetrate the nipple, well the metal areola started spinning furiously with at the same speed and same direction as the nipple and it burnt the MIca Green topcoat off of this Rodeos bumper leaving a areola sized burn into the bumper.....

He hadn't driven off the lot yet so the deal wasn't finalized(in Oklahoma if you don't take delivery of the car after contracts are signed, the deal isn't legit)
He backed out.
The dealership lost that deal and customer and now had a ruined bumper so, we just got out the pop rivets, and a new Advertisement tag and pop riveted that jawn back on, and it covered the bumper, and we sold it to someone else....

Every time the "front tag" debate is mentioned, I relive this day.......lol, I better spoiler this ramble
yall let dude get fired :lol:

@kingfoamnyc

Pics kinda trash because I didn’t feel like moving em to get proper pics and the sun wasn’t out

2020 Corolla SE

387E2587-E34E-43F5-B60E-FA404DD94364.jpeg
78FF4336-8EBE-48AD-A028-D35D137ED014.jpeg
A3590CC1-0A75-4FC1-9A9F-413A62A6AE58.jpeg
C46CA3EA-5D36-404F-8033-E1D8CA7D05D1.jpeg

2017 Corolla SE
E42EEFA1-4D40-45D3-8EA2-790C3E232476.jpeg
B1425384-D8D9-4335-BDDE-BB1260CDD100.jpeg
AA0DD321-C874-435A-A417-DEC86C3F13DE.jpeg

C2086592-C2DD-431E-808C-A5CC8604051C.jpeg
20 looks a lot better. Int. And Ext.

I actually like the front bumper guard. There’s a couple ways you can put them on without damaging the front bumper. I look at them as an accent color on the car.
SRT tried to make them pink so people would take them off lol.
That didn’t work. Seen a wide body flaunting that bumper guard proudly 😂

You don’t even have plates on the car here when it’s new but they still got the damn bracket on.

they told me I won’t get my plates for months. I just gotta roll with my paperwork cause corona.

Same here buddy. Wife's F Type SVR she bought out of state last month, has been driving with a paper tag and no stage inspection/emissions sticker on them. All notary/fast tag agencies are closed, so she can't pay the taxes and get tags yet. The tag expires on the 18th, but the state extended all license with expirations in April to May 31st. We do know we'll inevitably get pulled over once a cop who is sitting in the center looking for inspection stickers sees us drive past with no stickers on the windshield. That will be a fun stop!😞 Kinda hard to blend in with a bright blue F Type with a loud *** exhaust!

Last edited:

He backed out.

I REALLY HATE dealers who say that crap, with "these are my cars..."?!! Well, no they aren't anymore, once someone spends THEIR hard-earned money on it, it becomes the customer's property! Never understood this. Totally egotistical behavior! I sell Fords, and whenever I sell a new Mustang that is going out of state, I always always always ask the customer if they want the bracket for their front plate (PA is a single plate state). I NEVER EVER EVER put it on. Heck, I rarely order the bracket.

And for the rear dealer decal, my detailer (he's old-school with his talent and knows how things are). He NEVER puts a dealer sticker on the back of any Mustangs as it just doesn't look good.

Just saw an article on how to install a front plate retractable device.

Amazon product ASIN B07VCHN5XRThese work pretty good aswell. It doesn't fold and tuck the plate like that but it still does the job. There are many people selling these on Amazon and Ebay for diffrent price points but it's the same manufacturer so if anyones intrested just get the cheapest one. I think I got mines like 67 on ebay

Same here buddy. Wife's F Type SVR she bought out of state last month, has been driving with a paper tag and no stage inspection/emissions sticker on them. All notary/fast tag agencies are closed, so she can't pay the taxes and get tags yet. The tag expires on the 18th, but the state extended all license with expirations in April to May 31st. We do know we'll inevitably get pulled over once a cop who is sitting in the center looking for inspection stickers sees us drive past with no stickers on the windshield. That will be a fun stop!😞 Kinda hard to blend in with a bright blue F Type with a loud *** exhaust!

congrats to your wife for her car :pimp:

those are nasty, I wouldn’t worry too much. I’m sure they’ve all been told to stand down on the paperwork.

Last year I was walking into my house and noticed my dads front plate was different than the rear. He went to the police station to figure it out and it turns out someone had just came in right before him because of the same thing. Someone was stealing cars and switching plates in our area and they happened to do it to his car

aight im gonna admit this tho when i had my white car.... a big *** ******* pick up rolled backwards and hit the front of my car no gas all gravity i guess dude didnt know how to drive a stick i was furious... BUT my front plates ate the damage for me. only my plate was scratched up and dented and the rest was fine thank jesus... so a front plate will save u from a very minor front end accident :lol:

Never understood how people drive around with dealership license plate frames. That's free advertisement they aren't being compensated for :smh:
It’s always people that aren’t “car people” they just buy a car cause they need it so they don’t care what the car says on it. It is weird when people keep the dealer tags on nice cars though. Like someone in a hellcat with dealership emblems on it :lol:

aight im gonna admit this tho when i had my white car.... a big *** ****ing pick up rolled backwards and hit the front of my car no gas all gravity i guess dude didnt know how to drive a stick i was furious... BUT my front plates ate the damage for me. only my plate was scratched up and dented and the rest was fine thank jesus... so a front plate will save u from a very minor front end accident :lol:
thats why i pay insurance

It’s always people that aren’t “car people” they just buy a car cause they need it so they don’t care what the car says on it. It is weird when people keep the dealer tags on nice cars though. Like someone in a hellcat with dealership emblems on it :lol:
i rode around in my challengers
with the dealer plate holders
until my plates came
then took em off
put on my back plate
its naked no holder or nothin
and threw the front plate in the trunk

i rode around in my challengers
with the dealer plate holders
until my plates came
then took em off
put on my back plate
its naked no holder or nothin
and threw the front plate in the trunk
That’s understandable though. But I’m not sure why someone would put their dealer frame back on when their plates come in.

Back
Top Bottom