\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Everyday I get closer and closer to wanting to get that new Supra :smh:.. they popping up everywhere here and I’m truly impressed how it looks in person

You and I both. I'm a Toyota fanboy, but not so much a fan of BMW, but this marriage of both worlds has grown on me. Having wanted an MK4 as a teen in the 90's, has me wanting to make up for it with the MK5. I definitely would consider one if they ever drop the targa top version.

So my brother & I invested in a power washer. We were using a regular garden hose before but having this increases the pressure of the water & guarantees a deeper, cleaner wash. Also, we upgraded our foam gun to a foam cannon. The gun was cool but the soap would slide off pretty quick especially on my Challenger since it's ceramic coated. The cannon however sprays it on in such a way that it gets caked on pretty well & doesn't slither off. We now no longer use our cleaning mitt to rub the soap so it's soak the cars with the cannon, let the soap stay on for a few mins & than pressure wash it off followed by blow drying to get the water off so it's truly a touchless wash. Further decreases swirls & fine hairline scratches from forming. Also, my brother dropped his Max some inches with springs & got 18" Infiniti rims + clear white H.I.D.'s- looks real good.
Screenshot_20210418-140710_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210418-140728_Video Player.jpg
Screenshot_20210418-140752_Video Player.jpg
Screenshot_20210418-140804_Video Player.jpg
20210416_224142.jpg
20210417_203439.jpg
20210417_203441.jpg
My guy floats the maximas :pimp: :lol:

I like how you doing this in the middle of the street. :lol: Probably have a few people asking you wasssuhh. Also that your building let you use the water and you have hoses long enough to reach. Being a NYer im strangely impressed. :lol:

that's what I was wondering. Usually when i see videos of those, they have a driveway

I still believe that a Leather Chamois is the only way to dry a Vehicle.
Towels are only used on my windows and wheels and even then I don’t need the microfiber for that I prefer the cotton.
Removing wax though, microfiber is a great tool.

I think the thing that holds the supra down is 2 things.

1. Needs that tall spoiler that makes it look like the OG supra turbo. Or at least make it an option to add for those who want it. An artist rendering below actually makes it look nice.

supra_edit_2.jpg

2. The performance numbers are understated and people don't understand that. 380HP doesn't sound like a lot these days. Especially for a high performance sports car. However, Toyota/BMW designed it this way for the user to tune it the way they want to. Therefore, if they want to push numbers up to 500HP or more, they can through simple bolt on and a tune.
That rendering is quite literally perfect. Had they made it more like this I'm sure they'd sell like hotcakes. And you're right about the hp #'s 380 to start is good. I'm sure the car is pretty light compared to others in it's segment. And like you said you can add the extra power whenever. This car is pretty slept on.
Info on your pressure washer and cannon? Been looking for one lately and I'm ready to finally make the jump. What kind of soap do you use?
The pressure washer is Greenworks 1500 PSI. They go for about 100-150 bucks. Excellent investment. We use Chemical Guys soap called Hydro Suds Ceramic car wash soap. For cars that are ceramic treated it foams up more + it's got hydrophobic protection & leaves a high gloss shine.

Gotta come pull up on you next time I'm in Queens
Come through bro, let me know. We'll grab some grub.
I like how you doing this in the middle of the street. :lol: Probably have a few people asking you wasssuhh. Also that your building let you use the water and you have hoses long enough to reach. Being a NYer im strangely impressed. :lol:
Ayy man you gotta work with what you got right haha. Yeah we def get looks lol people be curious about the products and setup. So the water we get is from the sink the maintenance man uses for his mop bucket and what not. That door is always unlocked. The building mngmnt is kool with it since I live here & also work for them(I myself am a maintenance man) so it's all good. The hose is about 100ft long & is made from this expandable material so it works just fine as long as we park the cars directly outside our building. You know how it is man this New York- we gotta improvise lol. Glad you like it lol :emoji_thumbsup: :D. We NEVER leave a mess on the sidewalk or the street & ALWAYS leave the work area spotless- as it should be.
You lucky, charcoal Grey would be my idea color to get in that car, I only seen yellow, red and the white with the red mirror cap etc, but very beautiful car, it for sure grown on me. it’s also for sure would be a faster and more modern Z lol, but if I end up switching, it’ll be exactly what I’m used to.

Also the fact it’s like the bmw make it even better to me lol, I love those b58 engines they use for the Supra, I’m already a big fan of the bmw m340i so having everything that car have in a supra sounds perfect to me.
Def a faster better & wayyy more modern Z esp. the tech lol. And agreed it's a gorgeous car. Yup, you'll get used to it quick since you already owned a Z. Idk much about BMW's but do they consider this a good reliable engine? BMW makes fine products so I'd assume it's pretty bulletproof . BMW power+Supra shell....sounds like a win win to me. Hope you get it

i love the way that black paint looks mane <3

power washer and foam cannon is a game changer.

My sis got a black whip and i wash it for her because i'll feel horrible having her going thru those car washes where they dry 200 cars with one rag lol

my procedure from start to finish
spray soap, let it soak for a couple minutes then wash it off to get rid of the top layers.
spray soap again then i have a bunch of microfibers that are clean that i use to wash the car, so like ill use one microfiber for 1-3 panels then grab another one, this prevents spreading dirt.
then wash it off, air dry and microfiber dry some wet spots
Thanks man. You had the same car/color so y'know what comes with the territory of owning a black car. It's worth the effort+ it's therapeutic imo. Agreed 100% power washer & foam cannon is the best way to do it. Foam gun is good too but nowhere near as good as the cannon. You get sooo much more foam from the cannon. Oh damn nah def don't want your sister's ride going through a car wash. Hurts my eyes seeing nice rides go through that evilness. Hope she appreciated the hard work you put in for her ride. I like your method...didn't think of doing a 2nd layer of soap 🤔you might be onto something. I'll def give that a go next session. Do you think microfibers would be better off left out & replaced with a blow dryer? Don't you have a leaf blower lol which is even better. I feel like even the softest most plush microfibers re-introduce swirls & scratches. The more touchless it is the lower the risk of any of that unwanted scratching from happening. I used to use Adam's towels but haven't touched one since we got our blow dryer. It's only got like 5hp lol but it's wayyy better than towel drying imo. Your method is smart though since you only use 1 towel for 1-3 panels, my dumbass would use the same towel until it could no longer hold anymore water :lol:. And you're right, for the leftover water spots we have no choice but to use a microfiber on it. We're always trying to learn & improve on our detailing methods. Such a never ending universe car detailing man, I love it.

I think the thing that holds the supra down is 2 things.

1. Needs that tall spoiler that makes it look like the OG supra turbo. Or at least make it an option to add for those who want it. An artist rendering below actually makes it look nice.

supra_edit_2.jpg

2. The performance numbers are understated and people don't understand that. 380HP doesn't sound like a lot these days. Especially for a high performance sports car. However, Toyota/BMW designed it this way for the user to tune it the way they want to. Therefore, if they want to push numbers up to 500HP or more, they can through simple bolt on and a tune.
Stock numbers are plenty, but folks got no business looking into a supra and worried about the stock numbers. That B58 is tunable and reliable, Toyota must've made sure of that with BMW. Been looking for decent specced and priced 440i xdrive GCs but they're either too pricey or go before you blink.

My guy floats the maximas :pimp: :lol:
Lol that we do. We 3 bros have an endless love & affection of 4th gen Maximas. Our older bro was the 1st to get his so from our teen years till I finally got my own car we grew up with his Maxima & than when it came time to get some cheap hoopties for daily duties naturally we gravitated towards a Maxima. Looking at my brother's white one...I might need to bust out them tools & lower the coils on mine cause it ain't low enough lol.
that's what I was wondering. Usually when i see videos of those, they have a driveway
You're right usually a driveway would be ideal lol but right now we don't have that luxury so we do a mobile detailing setup. When we do ceramic coating or polishing projects we do it in the garage where my Hemi is parked. We didn't always wash our rides outside of our apt. So what happened was I believe it was last year or maybe 2 years ago we were walking around the neighborhood chillin. On our walk we saw tenants a few blocks up with kiddie pools set up for their kids. Me and my brother were like where are they getting the water from? Took a look around dude was using the sprinkler setup the management company put in. We both had a lightbulb-go-off moment & said why're we not doing this kind of thing for our cars? Before this it was drive to the gas station, buy a $5 token which gave 8 minutes of wash time, stand in a long line of cars waiting to use the handwash, use non PH balanced gas station provided soap & either floor it up to 50 an hour to airdry the car or use a ton of microfiber towels & risk messing up the paint. Driving fast to get a lot of the water was ok but I still would have to come home park it up & dry off the remainder of the water. And before all that, I would use the brush provided in the handwash at the gas station instead of a soft mitt(my detailing skills were very crappy back then) the same disgusting, filthy *** brush that only God knows how many people used before me on their filthy cars, dirty wheels with hella grime & brake dust & who knows what else. A brush that was as abrasive as sand paper lol. I'd use that brush on the paint of my Hemi....makes me CRINGE when I think about it, so needless to say we've come a long way lol & are still improving. We're living & we're learning. God willing we'll have a driveway or something better very soon :wink:

I still believe that a Leather Chamois is the only way to dry a Vehicle.
Towels are only used on my windows and wheels and even then I don’t need the microfiber for that I prefer the cotton.
Removing wax though, microfiber is a great tool.
Even the most premium leather chamois will swirl your paint. It isn't noticeable right away but best believe session after session as time goes by your paint will develop fine hairline scratches throughout. The research has been done & a plethora of info is available out there. We've tried every microfiber towel/chamois/material hell even shamwows :lol: & they all damage paint. Blow drying is the only way to not let it happen or leaf blower. Don't get me wrong, I totally understand budget/availability/time & so much goes into this detailing equation & I'm not trying to make it sound like I know it all because I def don't but if you can def start looking into blow dryers & touchless washing.

So finished up around 6ish. Half was done yesterday so it didn't take too too long. I used Chemical Guys Hydro Slick ceramic coating hyperwax with a white pad. The shine & smoothness is def noticeable. The wax is more gel like in texture. It's a good in between product to use after several washes to maintain the ceramic coating my brother told me so I gave it a shot. Parked it the wrong way so I don't risk having the buffers wire rub on the paint. I always throw it over my shoulder but figured since only the left half is being worked on it's fine & I don't have to be in the street with cars driving past me. It's in the garage & letting the wax cure for 24 hours & then I'l hit it with ceramic boost as the final step to really bring out the buttery smooth finish.
20210418_172136.jpg
20210418_174816.jpg
20210418_174823.jpg
20210418_175143.jpg
20210418_180247.jpg

Attachments

• 20210418_174837.jpg
    20210418_174837.jpg
    523.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 20210418_174744.jpg
    20210418_174744.jpg
    478.7 KB · Views: 105
Is adding exhaust sealant to a slip-fit joint unnecessary? Not sure how much I trust just having a U clamp there.

Even the most premium leather chamois will swirl your paint. It isn't noticeable right away but best believe session after session as time goes by your paint will develop fine hairline scratches throughout. The research has been done & a plethora of info is available out there. We've tried every microfiber towel/chamois/material hell even shamwows :lol: & they all damage paint. Blow drying is the only way to not let it happen or leaf blower. Don't get me wrong, I totally understand budget/availability/time & so much goes into this detailing equation & I'm not trying to make it sound like I know it all because I def don't but if you can def start looking into blow dryers & touchless washing.
Blow drying is for sure the “safest” way to dry.
Anything you dry your car with can leave scratches if there are particles left on it that can be dragged across the surface as you dry it. I wash my own vehicles so blow drying is just not something I consider, ever. The cleanup and maintenance of a Leather Chamois is just too quick and easy for me and they last ages. Just throw it on the ground when finished and use the power wand to rinse the dirt it picked up, I love it. I haven’t owned a vehicle that wasn’t white in 15years and there is a reason for that, it shows none of the small hairline scratches and imperfections that colored paints do, so after 20years of washes the White vehicles are always going to look better in the body. Strategically I choose white but I also happen to think it’s the best looking. For what it’s worth there isn’t much to dry on my vehicles after washing as I keep a good coat of wax on them so they don’t hold much water after washing anyway. Once the vehicle is washed and pulled out of the wash bay I never dry it off right after, I move to the inside with the vacuum. By the time that’s done the vehicle is pretty much dry and it’s just finishing it off at that point.

Thanks man. You had the same car/color so y'know what comes with the territory of owning a black car. It's worth the effort+ it's therapeutic imo. Agreed 100% power washer & foam cannon is the best way to do it. Foam gun is good too but nowhere near as good as the cannon. You get sooo much more foam from the cannon. Oh damn nah def don't want your sister's ride going through a car wash. Hurts my eyes seeing nice rides go through that evilness. Hope she appreciated the hard work you put in for her ride. I like your method...didn't think of doing a 2nd layer of soap 🤔you might be onto something. I'll def give that a go next session. Do you think microfibers would be better off left out & replaced with a blow dryer? Don't you have a leaf blower lol which is even better. I feel like even the softest most plush microfibers re-introduce swirls & scratches. The more touchless it is the lower the risk of any of that unwanted scratching from happening. I used to use Adam's towels but haven't touched one since we got our blow dryer. It's only got like 5hp lol but it's wayyy better than towel drying imo. Your method is smart though since you only use 1 towel for 1-3 panels, my dumbass would use the same towel until it could no longer hold anymore water :lol:. And you're right, for the leftover water spots we have no choice but to use a microfiber on it. We're always trying to learn & improve on our detailing methods. Such a never ending universe car detailing man, I love it.

yeah i use a leaf blower and then microfiber what is left.

but her paint needs a ceramic coat to be able to fully dry with air

Question for people who have leased a BMW. I leased my BMW in February 2020. I did a 36 month lease. For the pull ahead program how many months early can you turn in your car for another lease?

Huracans look great with a spoiler but still looks great without it, actually prefer the Evo type spoiler, 570’s on the other hand look SOOO much better with a spoiler.

Man those Supras are so nice...if i didnt have the dogs and plan on having kids soon I wouldve grabbed. Everything i wished my OG 86 was

I used to be all about micro fibers drying until I blessed up and started blow drying it. Best results I’ve got so far.

Rinse
Foam cannon/wheel cleaner
Microfiber wash mitt
Rinse
Blow dry
Microfiber towel for spots I missed

sheesshhhh ur car is getting beautiful treatment

AmmoNYC recommends this way

hes the detail god to me
Yeah she got a nice spa filled weekend lol, been assed out because it's Ramadan & the fasts are like close to 15 hours. I was soo thirsty & dehydrated from all the washing & buffing past 2 days. But it's all good, all the detailing is done & It'll be a lil while like at least a month before the next wash I'd say. AmmoNYC...I hear great things about him. His wife is a chemist right & she's the one who concocts all of his products? He's pricey but worth it

Back
Top Bottom