\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Sometimes i'll do a search on a vehicle's long term reliability and you'll find posts like "had it for 20k miles and no issues" and I just want to slap them. Not only is that not high mileage, but you buying cars you expect to blow up in 20k miles?

yeah i use a leaf blower and then microfiber what is left.

but her paint needs a ceramic coat to be able to fully dry with air
Leaf blower is legit, might need to invest in one down the road. My blower only has 5hp, if it had just a little more power it would dry quicker but imma ride it out for a while. Even if her car's paint isn't ceramic treated but has some wax on it, it should be able to be blow dried I think
I used to be all about micro fibers drying until I blessed up and started blow drying it. Best results I’ve got so far.

Rinse
Foam cannon/wheel cleaner
Microfiber wash mitt
Rinse
Blow dry
Microfiber towel for spots I missed
Agreed blow drying gives best results & that foam cannon is everything

Yeah she got a nice spa filled weekend lol, been assed out because it's Ramadan & the fasts are like close to 15 hours. I was soo thirsty & dehydrated from all the washing & buffing past 2 days. But it's all good, all the detailing is done & It'll be a lil while like at least a month before the next wash I'd say. AmmoNYC...I hear great things about him. His wife is a chemist right & she's the one who concocts all of his products? He's pricey but worth it
I know bro, that dehydration be HITTING.
Ramadan kareem tho fam!

Not sure about his wife or his products, but his techniques are top notch to me

I know bro, that dehydration be HITTING.
Ramadan kareem tho fam!

Not sure about his wife or his products, but his techniques are top notch to me
Tell me about it man. Watching the pressure washer do it's thing & blast all that water & all I could say is what a tease!!! Lol. I never get hungry just really thirsty. So far the weather is on the cooler side so it's been ok for the most part. Thank you brother Ramadan Kareem to you as well :smile:. Yeah Ammo dude is on a whole another level

Anyone that wrapped they car before, do you have to get your front bumper repaired first before getting the wrap? My front bumper have rock chips everywhere, the black paint also have a lot of white dots everywhere too in the front.

Anyone that wrapped they car before, do you have to get your front bumper repaired first before getting the wrap? My front bumper have rock chips everywhere, the black paint also have a lot of white dots everywhere too in the front.
Yup your gonna have to repair all of it and get it atleast primed so that the wrap can stick to the surface.
Personally not a fan of wraps they will just mess up your paint.

Yup your gonna have to repair all of it and get it atleast primed so that the wrap can stick to the surface.
Personally not a fan of wraps they will just mess up your paint.

gotcha thanks for the info, that make me not wanna do it now lol, that’s just seem like extra money I’ll be wasting just to fix that super rock chipped up bumper I have.

Didnt get many pictures on my phone because the cops busted this meet up pretty early (think it was because it was on a sams club lot)
There was a matte black aventador ,stock looking mkv supra and a mint e34 with a manual
A4C5E113-4BD5-4309-9CA3-B9C83DED0F97.jpeg
E5007FD7-C302-4E5E-B646-6BE50FF29096.jpeg
B9EA784E-582E-4BD7-ACFB-3802F8C81518.jpeg
094C6C49-47CC-4FE4-A57C-3D6CEF5D88EF.jpeg
31C5BE1D-5A13-436C-A03B-C7DF6837B404.jpeg
6D205DAD-CC10-40DD-A6AD-4086ADDED4E0.jpeg
Truck SRT 10:pimp::pimp::pimp: a rare beast.

Blow drying is for sure the “safest” way to dry.
Anything you dry your car with can leave scratches if there are particles left on it that can be dragged across the surface as you dry it. I wash my own vehicles so blow drying is just not something I consider, ever. The cleanup and maintenance of a Leather Chamois is just too quick and easy for me and they last ages. Just throw it on the ground when finished and use the power wand to rinse the dirt it picked up, I love it. I haven’t owned a vehicle that wasn’t white in 15years and there is a reason for that, it shows none of the small hairline scratches and imperfections that colored paints do, so after 20years of washes the White vehicles are always going to look better in the body. Strategically I choose white but I also happen to think it’s the best looking. For what it’s worth there isn’t much to dry on my vehicles after washing as I keep a good coat of wax on them so they don’t hold much water after washing anyway. Once the vehicle is washed and pulled out of the wash bay I never dry it off right after, I move to the inside with the vacuum. By the time that’s done the vehicle is pretty much dry and it’s just finishing it off at that point.
For sure & that's what sucks about drying a car with a towel or chamois that the smallest particles of dust & debris can cause scratches from being dragged around. I hear ya the maintenance of the chamois is real easy but to me it's still detrimental to the paint imo. My brothers had 2 white cars & lol the paint is just as much a pain in the *** to upkeep as black paint. Then again both cars were 20years + old Maxima's so previous owners weren't so detail oriented. I totally agree white is a great color on cars. As you're vacuuming & the water hasn't been dried off...by the time you do get to it do you see a lot of water spots?

. As you're vacuuming & the water hasn't been dried off...by the time you do get to it do you see a lot of water spots?
Not at all.
We have a Culligan tank on our wash bay so the water is filtered clean so nor hard water.
Outside temperature and quality of water(hard water) can leave water spots on an untreated clear coat but as long as you double back and catch the overlay or water you’re fine. It’s the other reason I like a Chamois because the wetness of it is enough to saturate the top clear coat and remove the water spots that could/would be there. If I used a microfiber at this point I’d definitely need some type of body shine or wet spray to douse the body with before wiping it clean of remaining water droplets or spots. If not then I’d have a bit of a problem removing any water spots on a hotter day, because they’d definitely be there. It’s all technique and preference though for sure.

@ the dealership getting an oil change. Walking around looking at all the new toys. These prices are outta this world lol. The TRX looks hella beast. Sorry for the crappy pics
20210420_063142.jpg
20210420_063151.jpg
20210420_063346.jpg
20210420_063412.jpg
20210420_063433.jpg
20210420_063442.jpg

In 5 years the prices will be double

And the Durango being 81k is far more outlandish doar for dollar bang for buck.. The MSRPs are close... dealer markup should be 50k 🤣

In 5 years the prices will be double

And the Durango being 81k is far more outlandish doar for dollar bang for buck.. The MSRPs are close... dealer markup should be 50k 🤣
So with the markup the Durango is being sold for $102grand lol. Didn't capture the right side of the window in the pic my bad

Back
Top Bottom