\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I hate the fact Dodge doesn't give the Challengers body paint matching splitters/headlight/tail light surrounds/fuel cap/ fuel cap surrounds & few more trim mouldings bits & pieces whereas the Charger gets all of that paint matched. It's 2 door bias imo. They just leave all that primed on the Challengers. Had to pay damn near $2,300 for all that to be painted & for it to look how it looks now 2 years ago. On the bright side it's a rare mod for Challenger owners to do & I'm the only one I've seen with it & 1 dude on Youtube who did the same. Idk about now but the 2016s & prior Challengers didn't get USB ports either in the rear seats like the Chargers do. Not fair
The rear seat for most is probably just storage instead of real passenger transport, I'm guessing. Doesn't excuse them cheaping out. They're similar cars and should have the same console in them. My Monte Carlo at least they give the rear seat passengers their own ash tray :pimp:the paint stuff is simply egregious.

I don't own one anymore

but for the people that do keep it on, idk seems like they do it for the gram :lol:

its suppose to protect the splitter during tarnsport but it looks ugly to me and dust/dirt/debris collects inside which scratches the paint.

Im not a Mopar guy but doesn’t leaving the splitter cover void the paint warranty?

QUOTE="tjmarch, post: 34482089, member: 238063"]
The rear seat for most is probably just storage instead of real passenger transport, I'm guessing. Doesn't excuse them cheaping out. They're similar cars and should have the same console in them. My Monte Carlo at least they give the rear seat passengers their own ash tray :pimp:the paint stuff is simply egregious.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah they are bigger than the Camaro & Mustang rear seats but that's not saying much lol. The tech, suspension, engine & performance is just about 95% identical in both cars yet Challengers get the shorter end of the stick on few things, I just don't get why. Same exact rear seat console except only the Challenger has 2 vents for A/C & heat, 1 vent for the left & 1 for the right side rear passengers yet Chargers have that & 2 USB ports in it AND heated rear seats! button to turn on the heated rear seat feature. Even the base model SXT Chargers get that yet a 90K Redeye or 100k+ Demon Challenger don't? That's soo stupid and makes 0 sense to me. And even till this day the Challengers trim molding's are still left primed(looks hella wack, tacky & undone to me Idc what color the car is painted) yet all the Chargers, SXT all the way up to top-of-the-line Redeye Widebody get em painted :smh: Honestly F Dodge for that! Took a good amount of coin for me to fix that bull**** & get it all painted and lookin proper. That Monte is a classic, any mods lately?

75736DA9-8804-47FA-9F03-712A173AA3BC.jpeg
Congrats homie :pimp:

Garage remodel finally done, thanks for your help guys. Ended up going with an epoxy marble style floor, scraped all the popcorn walls off, and did some recessed lighting. **** was expensive but worth it. Can put the cars back in on Saturday once it's all dry. Haven't been able to charge my Tesla in a few days lol, lived off supercharging.

Before:

IMG_2606.jpeg

After:

IMG_3229.jpeg
Dude recessed lights in the garage is a must.

I didn't realize not everyone had it until my buddy came over and was like oh u have lights in there thats cool
and im like isn't that normal :lol:

QUOTE="tjmarch, post: 34482089, member: 238063"]
Yeah they are bigger than the Camaro & Mustang rear seats but that's not saying much lol. The tech, suspension, engine & performance is just about 95% identical in both cars yet Challengers get the shorter end of the stick on few things, I just don't get why. Same exact rear seat console except only the Challenger has 2 vents for A/C & heat, 1 vent for the left & 1 for the right side rear passengers yet Chargers have that & 2 USB ports in it AND heated rear seats! button to turn on the heated rear seat feature. Even the base model SXT Chargers get that yet a 90K Redeye or 100k+ Demon Challenger don't? That's soo stupid and makes 0 sense to me. And even till this day the Challengers trim molding's are still left primed(looks hella wack, tacky & undone to me Idc what color the car is painted) yet all the Chargers, SXT all the way up to top-of-the-line Redeye Widebody get em painted :smh: Honestly F Dodge for that! Took a good amount of coin for me to fix that bull**** & get it all painted and lookin proper. That Monte is a classic, any mods lately?
[/QUOTE]
Just finished getting the a/c converted to r-134 and charged. Heater control valve was busted, after replacing that it should blow cold finally.

Any car companies giving decent lease options at the moment? For a friend, wants something along the lines of a loaded Japanese/Korean sedan: Accord, K5, Sonata or an entry level 330, A4, Q50 etc. Not limited to these options only necessarily just giving examples.

Told him no on the Q50 since its on year 8 or whatever but hes always liked em.

Any car companies giving decent lease options at the moment? For a friend, wants something along the lines of a loaded Japanese/Korean sedan: Accord, K5, Sonata or an entry level 330, A4, Q50 etc. Not limited to these options only necessarily just giving examples.

Told him no on the Q50 since its on year 8 or whatever but hes always liked em.

Mazda

How much does a floor like that run for two car garage? Would love to do it to my garage. Five grand?
It really depends on the prep, my house is pretty old, so a lot of prep work was required, and they still couldn't fix every crack within budget. But if you have a brand new house it could go as low as 3k up to 10k.

I heard prices are all over the map for a garage floor. Sky is the limit depending on what you want it to look like once it's done. We thought about it when we got out townhouse, but the thought of having to acid etch the concrete, and having the stuff run out into the alley with people's dogs walking along, didn't want one of them to get sick from licking the diluted acid water.

So we went with Race Deck. Don't have to worry about the sun hitting the front and buckling it (like some people say happened to them), as out deck covers most of the driveway and the sun doesn't get anywhere close to the garage entrance. Does it "click clack" when walking? It does, but it honestly doesn't bother me at all. It's nice as it helps keep temperature in the garage. The coldness from bare concrete is nowhere as bad with it. In the winter, when outside temps are in the teens, the garage is about 50°-65° degrees depending on if there is sun outside. The HVAC system is just on the other side of the back wall, so heat keeps well and the tiles helps insulate a little (we had it bare concrete when we moved in and it was freaking cold in there and you could NOT wear socks only in there. Now you definitely can no problem).

All in all, the tiles have held up well (put in summer 2013) and love the pattern (anyone want to guess it). Wife's idea as I didn't even think of it. Perfect as I'm a HUGE fan of the livery!
IMG_20130818_193320.jpg

Overall, now over 8 years in, this was a great idea. Do these stain? Yes, if you get white. It's why I did grey with the livery stripes. Just a little bit of cleaner and they look good as new. In my opinion, worth the $2.89 PSF (each tile is 1 square foot 12x12). Total was a little under $1,500 (the garage is like 460 sf with the cut-into the hallway) on the side plus the transition edging up front) and it worked, and install was actually fun. If professional epoxy jobs weren't so much, that would have been tempting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom