\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I know it's mostly new cars here, but here's my new to me old car. IMO the driving feel and styling of these older cars is unmatched...New cars are for sure faster and have the latest tech, but I'm neither a speed demon or a tech-head. And this car is definitely quick enough.

Love the color, too. It's a very dark blue, but at night or in the shadows it looks black. Under bright lights it has an almost candy purple look, and then out in the sun you can see the lighter shades of blue.

Prices on these older BMW are skyrocketing, and with the used car market the way it is now, I feel super lucky to have found this in a rare spec+low mileage for a great price. Car is very clean for its age (2000). Last owner had it since 2003 rarely drove it and always serviced it at the BMW dealership.

Had to travel to go pick it up...Convinced a buddy to come with thankfully, was a damn 1,500 mile roadtrip to bring it back home!

FD4B7B01-71E0-4BC6-85A4-A8D2DE7571C4.jpeg

136948D2-9506-472D-B144-59AD76E29DF3.jpeg
AA113887-7986-47F8-AEA8-547958075448.jpeg
1B5DF99B-CE6A-42FF-B265-C28873B16AB8.jpeg
EBBE65FC-3737-4D56-80AE-E7F788C0836E.jpeg

I know it's mostly new cars here, but here's my new to me old car. IMO the driving feel and styling of these older cars is unmatched...New cars are for sure faster and have the latest tech, but I'm neither a speed demon or a tech-head. And this car is definitely quick enough.

Love the color, too. It's a very dark blue, but at night or in the shadows it looks black. Under bright lights it has an almost candy purple look, and then out in the sun you can see the lighter shades of blue.

Prices on these older BMW are skyrocketing, and with the used car market the way it is now, I feel super lucky to have found this in a rare spec+low mileage for a great price. Car is very clean for its age (2000). Last owner had it since 2003 rarely drove it and always serviced it at the BMW dealership.

Had to travel to go pick it up...Convinced a buddy to come with thankfully, was a damn 1,500 mile roadtrip to bring it back home!

Did you buy this from Tommy L Garage?

#SavetheMANuals
Not to many stick cars in the thread glad to see some here and there.

Did you buy this from Tommy L Garage?

No clue who that is, just had to google him. Nope, different car. His sold for over $30,000 after BAT fees lmao.

A few differences between his car and mine. Biggest thing is his car was an automatic. Different shade of blue and different wheels, too. Plus no sport seats or sport steering wheel, either...Mine is manual+sports package, two things which were an absolute must for me with this car.

His car was 18,000 miles which is crazy low. Mine has 71,500~ after the trip back home.

#SavetheMANuals
Not to many stick cars in the thread glad to see some here and there.

100% tough to come by these days! I know I can't shift as fast as new autos or SMG etc but man is it more fun :lol:

Last edited:
Man id love another stick car but just not practical in NYC. Being in traffic taking 1.5 hours to get from the Bronx from the city with stick is not fun.

My bro blew out the clutch once in my old SI also. Let him borrow it, hes driven it a few times and he called me once and said I think I broke it. I came to the movie parking lot he was at and the shifter wasnt even in position, I coudnt shift it to any gear cause it just fell over to the side like it wasnt screwed on to anything. :lol: Another time he called me, said the car wont shift. Again I go meet him and the car woudnt shift to any gear but 3rd. Had to drive that *** home with just 3rd gear smh.

All in all, its more fun in a manual.

Man id love another stick car but just not practical in NYC. Being in traffic taking 1.5 hours to get from the Bronx from the city with stick is not fun.

My bro blew out the clutch once in my old SI also. Let him borrow it, hes driven it a few times and he called me once and said I think I broke it. I came to the movie parking lot he was at and the shifter wasnt even in position, I coudnt shift it to any gear cause it just fell over to the side like it wasnt screwed on to anything. :lol: Another time he called me, said the car wont shift. Again I go meet him and the car woudnt shift to any gear but 3rd. Had to drive that *** home with just 3rd gear smh.

All in all, its more fun in a manual.

Totally with you there. This was actually my first manual car, and I'm doing my best to not have this car driven in city traffic or even as a daily. Got an automatic Camry to soak up the miles for that lol. My last Bimmer (E36 3 series) was my daily when I was in college and that thing took a beating for real. This one is strictly my weekend car for driving around on country backroads or for small weekend getaways.

God damn lmao. Not gonna lie, ****ing up the transmission was always in the back of my mind haha.

Been searching for 87-88 Grand National. Prices are wild. I don’t know what I’m doing. Flying to chi to check this one out. Made it into a trip with wife. Trying to holler at a broker and pre Inspection expert for honest opinion. Something I’ve wanted since a kid. ****s overwhelming

Car is super clean and very low miles. Something like that I wouldn't even drive. In my eyes that's more of a garage queen collector car. Crazy how much G-bodies, glasshouses, and box chevys are going up.🤯

that's a clean looking E39 and all, but your neighborhood looks much nicer!!

So ive come to the conclusion my AC is done for. Its not blowing cold air at all, now I setup an appointment at Honda but the closest one was 7/20. Im really about to go 3 weeks without AC? Hell naw. I googled it and seems like an AC repair with labor will be $300ish? I dont really wanna pay that but I dont see how I can go 3 weeks without AC.

Been searching for 87-88 Grand National. Prices are wild. I don’t know what I’m doing. Flying to chi to check this one out. Made it into a trip with wife. Trying to holler at a broker and pre Inspection expert for honest opinion. Something I’ve wanted since a kid. ****s overwhelming

A truck driver at my work let me drive his GNX about 12 years. Was out of the blue. He finished his shift and took off. He didn't live too far. Comes back about 1 hr later and asks me to come outside. We walk over to where he had it parked and hands me the keys. Took it around the block. As we were almost approaching the street to turn back into the DC, he says "C'mon, step on it", lol. This thing was mint!

So ive come to the conclusion my AC is done for. Its not blowing cold air at all, now I setup an appointment at Honda but the closest one was 7/20. Im really about to go 3 weeks without AC? Hell naw. I googled it and seems like an AC repair with labor will be $300ish? I dont really wanna pay that but I dont see how I can go 3 weeks without AC.
Depends what the issue is, it could be a simple recharge. It could also be your condenser or ac compressor or a simple fuse/short.

Do you have to go to that specific dealer? Or is it possible you can go to any Honda dealership? I think you can go to any dealership nationwide as long as it's a Honda one.

Do you have to go to that specific dealer? Or is it possible you can go to any Honda dealership? I think you can go to any dealership nationwide as long as it's a Honda one.

Good suggestion, I booked an appt on the 9th at a different Honda. Still feels hella far away, it gets hot quick in the whip.

I keep seeing more and more bronco sports around
That $h!+ looks so toy!
Who they competing with ? Kia soul ?

Actually it goes against the Jeep Compass. And there are plenty of YouTube videos of how good it actually is off road. They took an Escape, which I hates the redesign when I sold them (thought the designers mailed that whole refresh in), and made it look much better, more of an off roader, and put a rather impressive 4x4 system in it. The Kia soul isn't even 4wd, and you can't get the Bronco Sport without it (they don't offer a fwd).

Actually it goes against the Jeep Compass. And there are plenty of YouTube videos of how good it actually is off road. They took an Escape, which I hates the redesign when I sold them (thought the designers mailed that whole refresh in), and made it look much better, more of an off roader, and put a rather impressive 4x4 system in it. The Kia soul isn't even 4wd, and you can't get the Bronco Sport without it (they don't offer a fwd).

The old Escapes were cooler when they were boxy. They became super feminine looking since the change.

Good suggestion, I booked an appt on the 9th at a different Honda. Still feels hella far away, it gets hot quick in the whip.
Try Paragon Honda on Northern Blvd if you haven't already. My brother's good friend used to work there up until last year & has a lot of pull there still. Let me know, I can make a couple of phone calls & try to get you in ASAP

Back
Top Bottom