\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I know it's mostly new cars here, but here's my new to me old car. IMO the driving feel and styling of these older cars is unmatched...New cars are for sure faster and have the latest tech, but I'm neither a speed demon or a tech-head. And this car is definitely quick enough.

Love the color, too. It's a very dark blue, but at night or in the shadows it looks black. Under bright lights it has an almost candy purple look, and then out in the sun you can see the lighter shades of blue.

Prices on these older BMW are skyrocketing, and with the used car market the way it is now, I feel super lucky to have found this in a rare spec+low mileage for a great price. Car is very clean for its age (2000). Last owner had it since 2003 rarely drove it and always serviced it at the BMW dealership.

Had to travel to go pick it up...Convinced a buddy to come with thankfully, was a damn 1,500 mile roadtrip to bring it back home!

FD4B7B01-71E0-4BC6-85A4-A8D2DE7571C4.jpeg

136948D2-9506-472D-B144-59AD76E29DF3.jpeg
AA113887-7986-47F8-AEA8-547958075448.jpeg
1B5DF99B-CE6A-42FF-B265-C28873B16AB8.jpeg
EBBE65FC-3737-4D56-80AE-E7F788C0836E.jpeg
That's a lovely purchase man, congrats. Just look at those plush cushiony leather seats :pimp: . Looks to be well maintained with healthy paint & clear. Older cars is where it's at 💯

from what i've learned speaking with some people who sell cars.

there is no reason to not sell cars above sticker right now. there is low inventory and as long as someone comes along to pay over sticker they will keep selling them over sticker :lol:

i think things should settle down with supply chains by the end of the year

Over mileage on my Civic Hatchback Sport lease, plus my AC is out so I took the bait of going into Honda and seeing what they could do. Decent new lease deal on an Accord Sport, wipe the mileage over and only rolling over $1000 neg equity to the new lease. Might do it. Probably gonna pay alot more when my lease is over in Feb and im 10-12k miles over. Anyone could PM and give advice?

Last edited:
100k plus did not know they were fetching that much give me da g wagon
Those are going way over sticker too. When I was shopping for a car in May my local mb dealer had some new g wagon (don’t remember the trim) and the salesman said they had it marked up 40 or 50k over iirc :lol:

They are the fastest selling car in America

Over mileage on my Civic Hatchback Sport lease, plus my AC is out so I took the bait of going into Honda and seeing what they could do. Decent new lease deal on an Accord Sport, wipe the mileage over and only rolling over $1000 neg equity to the new lease. Might do it. Probably gonna pay alot more when my lease is over in Feb and im 10-12k miles over. Anyone could PM and give advice?

I'll shoot you a PM.

I know it's mostly new cars here, but here's my new to me old car. IMO the driving feel and styling of these older cars is unmatched...New cars are for sure faster and have the latest tech, but I'm neither a speed demon or a tech-head. And this car is definitely quick enough.

Love the color, too. It's a very dark blue, but at night or in the shadows it looks black. Under bright lights it has an almost candy purple look, and then out in the sun you can see the lighter shades of blue.

Prices on these older BMW are skyrocketing, and with the used car market the way it is now, I feel super lucky to have found this in a rare spec+low mileage for a great price. Car is very clean for its age (2000). Last owner had it since 2003 rarely drove it and always serviced it at the BMW dealership.

Had to travel to go pick it up...Convinced a buddy to come with thankfully, was a damn 1,500 mile roadtrip to bring it back home!

FD4B7B01-71E0-4BC6-85A4-A8D2DE7571C4.jpeg

136948D2-9506-472D-B144-59AD76E29DF3.jpeg
AA113887-7986-47F8-AEA8-547958075448.jpeg
1B5DF99B-CE6A-42FF-B265-C28873B16AB8.jpeg
EBBE65FC-3737-4D56-80AE-E7F788C0836E.jpeg

e39!! Best BMW ever.

Man id love another stick car but just not practical in NYC. Being in traffic taking 1.5 hours to get from the Bronx from the city with stick is not fun.

My bro blew out the clutch once in my old SI also. Let him borrow it, hes driven it a few times and he called me once and said I think I broke it. I came to the movie parking lot he was at and the shifter wasnt even in position, I coudnt shift it to any gear cause it just fell over to the side like it wasnt screwed on to anything. :lol: Another time he called me, said the car wont shift. Again I go meet him and the car woudnt shift to any gear but 3rd. Had to drive that *** home with just 3rd gear smh.

All in all, its more fun in a manual.

Ehh, a lot of people think/ say this but it isn't entirely true. Once you know how to drive manual, well, it's second nature, so traffic doesn't bother. I'm from the Bronx too, although I usually ride my motorcycle in to the city, when I drive it isn't bad at all.

e39!! Best BMW ever.

Ehh, a lot of people think/ say this but it isn't entirely true. Once you know how to drive manual, well, it's second nature, so traffic doesn't bother. I'm from the Bronx too, although I usually ride my motorcycle in to the city, when I drive it isn't bad at all.

Oh yeah its “easy” but boy do your legs get tired. It gets old really fast in traffic. Especially now cars have adaptive cruise control. Love using it in bumper to bumper traffic.

Them Camry TRDs are kinda nice though with the whole body kit, side skirts & even a wing lol. I'd whip it around
SmartSelect_20210629-072954_eBay.jpg

Love those old ones when TRD offered the body kit and supercharger too.
Welp, picking this guy up tomorrow.

Liking that (subtley) redesigned fog light area and the front end in general. Thank god the proper mid cycle refresh isnt on lots yet cause the new rims they put on em look like Autozone specials.
2.0t or 1.5t? Accord is great, looked at one but didn't want a sedan when I was buying.

Back
Top Bottom