\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Update:

Still working on the z06, only 51k Miles on it but it sat outside the last couple of years. So I’m changing all the fluids, battery, and other preventative maintenance problems with the c5.

I don’t have a garage so I snagged up this 10x20 carport from harbor freight. In the back is my other project car, 2003 x5 4.4i.

1634737744544.jpeg

And since I don’t have a garage and this is my street/track car. I got some continental extreme contacts dws06 plus all season tires for the oem wheels. I plan to get dedicated wheels/tires for the track this winter or early spring.
1634737777972.jpeg

new seats arrived.
1634737800512.jpeg

added new rotors and brake pads. Will upgrade to wilwood big brakes (spec corvette) later.
1634737822635.jpeg

added c5r style shift knob. Will eventually grab a mgw short throw shifter.
1634737855364.jpeg

Between work and my newborn it’s hard to find time to work on the car. My goal is to get her on the street by the end of the month.

Edit: I forgot to mention, I got a vintage embroidered corvette bomber jacket and a couple of T-shirts from the previous owner 😂. The wife says I should wear the jacket on Halloween. I low key think the jacket is 🔥.

Last edited:
Update:

Still working on the z06, only 51k Miles on it but it sat outside the last couple of years. So I’m changing all the fluids, battery, and other preventative maintenance problems with the c5.

I don’t have a garage so I snagged up this 10x20 carport from harbor freight. In the back is my other project car, 2003 x5 4.4i.

1634737744544.jpeg

And since I don’t have a garage and this is my street/track car. I got some continental extreme contacts dws06 plus all season tires for the oem wheels. I plan to get dedicated wheels/tires for the track this winter or early spring.
1634737777972.jpeg

new seats arrived.
1634737800512.jpeg

added new rotors and brake pads. Will upgrade to wilwood big brakes (spec corvette) later.
1634737822635.jpeg

1634737855364.jpeg

Between work and my newborn it’s hard to find time to work on the car. My goal is to get her on the street by the end of the month.

Edit: I forgot to mention, I got a vintage embroidered corvette bomber jacket and a couple of T-shirts from the previous owner 😂. The wife says I should wear the jacket on Halloween. I low key think the jacket is 🔥.

Good taste, those first gen X5 are awesome.

Z06 is gonna be awesome when you're all done, those Corbeau seats are real nice.

Was looking at Scat Pack Challengers, particularly 15-17
models since slightly cheaper, and I like the rims and hood better. Curious and looked at widebody joints and they arent THAT much more expensive (10-15 grand ok kinda a lot :lol: ) but idk. When the widebody came out I thought they were super tough and hands down superior in looks to non widebodies but now that im really looking at them I kinda like the look of the non wb. Just looks more streamline and still obv muscle car like.

DFBD6CEA-520C-4A8A-BBB2-6E9AFB712B8E.jpeg

1D9D1D90-EAF2-4FC1-81AC-4686FA1A7C0E.jpeg
Are you looking to get into a Challenger? :wow: Thought you just got a newer Accord recently? With them widebodies idk I'm on the fence...sometimes I think it looks really badass and than other times(pictures mainly) I feel like the widebody looks hella cartoon-ish. Narrow body design will always be better imo + it's true to the original Challengers of the 70s being they too were narrow body so it's more inline with the OG design elements. I like the R/T style hood from your first pic & to be honest the Hellcat hood is very aggressive too but neither are as badass as the dual snorkel hood the Redeye gets. The best hood design is the Shaker because, well, y'know lol :wink:. And curious, do you think that extra 10-15grand is worth it on the widebody? I strongly feel that's a very inflated price tag for what you get with a widebody variant. 6 piston brakes/bigger tires & some fender flares shouldn't cost a whopping 15grand bro :lol:. As per Google " The Widebody Package brings 20-by-11-inch wheels, wider Pirelli 305/35ZR20 tires, Brembo six-piston front calipers with two-piece front brake rotors and unique suspension tuning with Bilstein three-mode adaptive damping, and new front and rear fascias with integrated fender flares, adding 3.5 inches of width to the car" so you be the judge. The widebody is kind of gimmicky to me & here's why, Dodge says they did it so a wider tire fits w/o any hassles...the widebody Scats get a 305 tire, when my narrow body Shaker leaves the speedshop in December it'll be wearing 315s in the rear- no flares required & will fit just fine with a narrow body. I never thought the widebody's were superior to narrow body probably because I'm bias lol but they look aight. I always felt the Chargers pull off the widebody look wayyy better than any Challenger ever could & like you said the narrow body is more streamlined & still retains the "muscle" look of a muscle car & honestly the Challenger is the last true muscle car left in the market. Others have gotten 4 doors or became very sports car like design & performance wise like the Camaro & Mustang. Nothing wrong with that because they transcended & surpassed their element while Dodge stayed true to it's core. And the Challengers are already fat, heavy & bloated enough as is from factory in narrow body form there's no need to add to that fatness with a wider body.

Update:

1634737744544.jpeg

1634737777972.jpeg

new seats arrived.
1634737800512.jpeg

1634737822635.jpeg

1634737855364.jpeg

That's one helluva project you got going on man. Looks real good. Love the tires- big & beefy & them seats are :pimp: rotors looking real clean too. Can't wait to see it when it's track ready. See your Jordan's too. I gt the same patent leather 1s & 11s. See you a big fan of the 4s...I destroyed my cool greys back in highschool lol. If you don't mind can you post pics of the bomber? I support auto merch unlike some people here lol. And congratulations on the newborn, Godbless 👍

Are you looking to get into a Challenger? :wow: Thought you just got a newer Accord recently? With them widebodies idk I'm on the fence...sometimes I think it looks really badass and than other times(pictures mainly) I feel like the widebody looks hella cartoon-ish. Narrow body design will always be better imo + it's true to the original Challengers of the 70s being they too were narrow body so it's more inline with the OG design elements. I like the R/T style hood from your first pic & to be honest the Hellcat hood is very aggressive too but neither are as badass as the dual snorkel hood the Redeye gets. The best hood design is the Shaker because, well, y'know lol :wink:. And curious, do you think that extra 10-15grand is worth it on the widebody? I strongly feel that's a very inflated price tag for what you get with a widebody variant. 6 piston brakes/bigger tires & some fender flares shouldn't cost a whopping 15grand bro :lol:. As per Google " The Widebody Package brings 20-by-11-inch wheels, wider Pirelli 305/35ZR20 tires, Brembo six-piston front calipers with two-piece front brake rotors and unique suspension tuning with Bilstein three-mode adaptive damping, and new front and rear fascias with integrated fender flares, adding 3.5 inches of width to the car" so you be the judge. The widebody is kind of gimmicky to me & here's why, Dodge says they did it so a wider tire fits w/o any hassles...the widebody Scats get a 305 tire, when my narrow body Shaker leaves the speedshop in December it'll be wearing 315s in the rear- no flares required & will fit just fine with a narrow body. I never thought the widebody's were superior to narrow body probably because I'm bias lol but they look aight. I always felt the Chargers pull off the widebody look wayyy better than any Challenger ever could & like you said the narrow body is more streamlined & still retains the "muscle" look of a muscle car & honestly the Challenger is the last true muscle car left in the market. Others have gotten 4 doors or became very sports car like design & performance wise like the Camaro & Mustang. Nothing wrong with that because they transcended & surpassed their element while Dodge stayed true to it's core. And the Challengers are already fat, heavy & bloated enough as is from factory in narrow body form there's no need to add to that fatness with a wider body.

Which model do you have again? I havent seen too many WB’s around the way and I agree sometimes its cool in pics and sometimes its like ehhhh non wb looks better lol. I do agree the double snorkel hood looks the best. Honestly im not a huge fan of the shaker hood. Its cool but eh, prefer the SP hood from the pic I showed and the single snorkel hood on newer models. I know the WB comes with wider tires but yeah you right for$15k more eh. I do have the Accord but eff it, going what im going through I might just splurge when this is all done and get myself a real treat.

Which model do you have again? I havent seen too many WB’s around the way and I agree sometimes its cool in pics and sometimes its like ehhhh non wb looks better lol. I do agree the double snorkel hood looks the best. Honestly im not a huge fan of the shaker hood. Its cool but eh, prefer the SP hood from the pic I showed and the single snorkel hood on newer models. I know the WB comes with wider tires but yeah you right for$15k more eh. I do have the Accord but eff it, going what im going through I might just splurge when this is all done and get myself a real treat.
Mine is a 2016 Scat Pack Shaker. WB'S are starting to get more common in my area but narrow body still outnumbers it by a ton that's probably got to with all the extra years narrow body has been around. Lol agree WB's aren't photogenic. Yeah that dual snorkel hood is just perfect on these cars. Shaker hood is my favorite because nowadays you don't see that feature from factory at all or cars with their engines popping out the hood- looks so badass. The SP hood from your first pic is OG OG & one can never go wrong with that. My boys '09 SRT which is pushing 850whp has that hood. You can see his car at the 2:22 mark & the 7:54 mark. He's got a built 426hemi from Arrington Motors & a whipple on top of that + some other goodies, he's such a proud owner. Cars only got like 9200 miles on it lol. That vid was from 2019 & he's had some additional work done to it since. How you feeling? I know you've made progress & hope you continue in that direction. You're always in my prayers brother. And that be awesome if you gotta Challenger, we here @ #HemiGang always accepting new members :D

Mine is a 2016 Scat Pack Shaker. WB'S are starting to get more common in my area but narrow body still outnumbers it by a ton that's probably got to with all the extra years narrow body has been around. Lol agree WB's aren't photogenic. Yeah that dual snorkel hood is just perfect on these cars. Shaker hood is my favorite because nowadays you don't see that feature from factory at all or cars with their engines popping out the hood- looks so badass. The SP hood from your first pic is OG OG & one can never go wrong with that. My boys '09 SRT which is pushing 850whp has that hood. You can see his car at the 2:22 mark & the 7:54 mark. He's got a built 426hemi from Arrington Motors & a whipple on top of that + some other goodies, he's such a proud owner. Cars only got like 9200 miles on it lol. That vid was from 2019 & he's had some additional work done to it since. How you feeling? I know you've made progress & hope you continue in that direction. You're always in my prayers brother. And that be awesome if you gotta Challenger, we here @ #HemiGang always accepting new members :D

Forgot this dudes IG but the pics of his WB is bananas. I think he has the Trackhawk Jeep too.

8A64866C-5415-40C8-8CF4-81FDEFA1FCD2.jpeg

And doing alright man, recovering from yesterday. I dont feel too bad today and hope it stays that way so I can have a bit of weekend stuffs to do. I always liked the Challys and it really is the only real retro car out right now. It has road presence. I honestly rather a SP than an M4.

Update:

1634737744544.jpeg

1634737777972.jpeg

new seats arrived.
1634737800512.jpeg

1634737822635.jpeg

1634737855364.jpeg

You gonna be doing any power mods anytime soon? That lil 5.7 can be a Nasty beast with a big cam and bolt ons.

0A8C6BDA-7FE5-4DF2-9703-036D012F5B65.jpeg
0A8C6BDA-7FE5-4DF2-9703-036D012F5B65.jpeg
Washed the Tesla and Raptor…and of course it rained the next day 🤦🏻‍♂️
That's a fire *** line-up man, #goals. Them tires on the Mustang 🔥, Raptor looking good & Tesla is straight spiffy. Tesla is clear bra'd right? Or is it ceramic coated? Either way washing it after the rain will be a breeze

Forgot this dudes IG but the pics of his WB is bananas. I think he has the Trackhawk Jeep too.

8A64866C-5415-40C8-8CF4-81FDEFA1FCD2.jpeg

And doing alright man, recovering from yesterday. I dont feel too bad today and hope it stays that way so I can have a bit of weekend stuffs to do. I always liked the Challys and it really is the only real retro car out right now. It has road presence. I honestly rather a SP than an M4.
That **** 🔥🔥🔥 bro :wow: love it! Trackhawk is nice! I've been feenin to get that Ram TRX...one day. Good to hear brother,God willing you stay on this road to recovery & get back to 100% asap. Y'know what they say, Mopar or No Car 😎. Def got mad road presence. M4 is awesome but word SP all day you already know.

That's a fire *** line-up man, #goals. Them tires on the Mustang 🔥, Raptor looking good & Tesla is straight spiffy. Tesla is clear bra'd right? Or is it ceramic coated? Either way washing it after the rain will be a breeze

thanks fam. I wish I had gotten those tires a long time ago. I had michelins before, but these HOOK. The Tesla isn’t bra’d yet but I’m looking at options.

Yep and it’s full of SALT 💀

Rust on coastal cars is a thing….rust on island cars ARE EVERYTHING. 🤣

Dude it’s so bad out here the basketball rims at the parks all rust and fall off eventually, they gotta be replaced semi-often.
And all that happens because of moisture & sea salt that's in the air right? A lot of people I know stay away from buying cars that are within 5-10 miles of a beach for that reason + winter road salt kills it even more but living in the Northeast not much you can do about it. Do you do anything special or do you have your Beemers under carriage rust proofed with some special coating to prevent it from rusting? Oh yeah the basketball rims are straight iron so I'm sure 3 months is the tops they'd survive out on an open island. My Challenger even with me not driving it on a daily/rain/winter, had some suspension bits & pieces develop surface rust, all towards the front of the car & nothing on the back-wonder why that was. It was bothering me lol so I used some called Corroseal while it was up on my boys lift in the summer when I was detailing the undsr carriage & it removed it all & bought back their regular black finish.

thanks fam. I wish I had gotten those tires a long time ago. I had michelins before, but these HOOK. The Tesla isn’t bra’d yet but I’m looking at options.
I wanna feel that instant grip from proper tires man...soon. Just throw down the hammer & hook! My ****s still on the pizza slicer factory tires :lol: . That bra is going to be worth it's weight in gold. One of the best cosmetic upgrades one can do to their rides.

been running the Conti extreme contact sports actually just got a new set recently :lol: I’d recommend these best overall tire for its category

That's one helluva project you got going on man. Looks real good. Love the tires- big & beefy & them seats are :pimp: rotors looking real clean too. Can't wait to see it when it's track ready. See your Jordan's too. I gt the same patent leather 1s & 11s. See you a big fan of the 4s...I destroyed my cool greys back in highschool lol. If you don't mind can you post pics of the bomber? I support auto merch unlike some people here lol. And congratulations on the newborn, Godbless 👍

i got you as soon as I can and yes the 4s are my favorite Jordans

Back
Top Bottom