\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Took an hour out today & detailed the undercarriage of the car so the bottom matches the top. I do this once a year around summer to maintain the bottom. Used a little corroseal on the nuts & bolts that develop surface rust(that Northeast life) & wiped it clean. I love the fact that I got my headers jetcoated. Little to no dirt on em & they are smooth to the touch.
20220531_114815.jpg
20220531_122659.jpg
20220531_122742.jpg
20220531_122829.jpg
20220531_122918.jpg
20220531_122902.jpg
20220531_122924.jpg
20220531_123433.jpg

Clean as ****. Looks like its never been driven. :pimp:

Awesome car, but for what they are pulling money wise (for a later model fixed headlight T) with decent mileage, it's insane! I'd find other cars for that kind of money.

You are not a JDM guy at all eh?

Man love me them 90’s legends, NSX, RX7, Supras, GTRs, Silvias, etc.

Analog driving experience, the old school gauges, the old school interiors and leather. Pops and bangs sound cool but the sound of a BOV ouiweee.

Seen Tavaris’ video when he fixed up his Supra. Thang is a beauty.

Random pics just cause.

D9DD8BB6-B037-4F80-B67F-ABBF6F0C9481.jpeg

F7F75A8E-4CCD-4AC7-A640-524943AAF111.jpeg

E9F488CD-5DAE-42D3-9856-1E635ED55107.jpeg

348D6B6C-9094-4592-86E3-C08B6F63D100.jpeg

D69147FD-A92F-4F01-B830-A05FE764DA41.jpeg

A4CFE9D5-5010-43D6-97FF-20401B233A26.jpeg

0098F617-CE19-4CF3-8CCB-FE1871209A36.jpeg

B922FF16-C606-43B9-9410-B0A84F5F1168.jpeg

D531B1D5-BA2F-4591-AFDE-C4FA0DA6EC9F.jpeg

8FC8C41C-3DD5-4553-8FA7-0CBA0578D387.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m on a Tesla model Y FB group, and the questions people ask make it seem like they’ve never owned a car before lol. In terms of quality issues it seems like people are really nit picky. Yes the MYP is a $70k car but it would probably cost less than half that if it had a gas engine. I know I paid for the drivetrain and the tech, so I don’t care that the lip spoiler was coming loose on one side.

Well, YOU SHOULD!!! By not caring about the quality of a car you paid good money for (and $70K is GOOD money that not everyone can afford), your basically giving the manufacturer reasons to cut corners and not have a quality product for the consumer.

I saw this all the time selling Fords. When they would have a recall because of a part was bad (which was NOT made by Ford but by a Tier 1 supplier) customers didn't curse the supplier, they cursed Ford. But Ford was taking the initiative to get it corrected. When Tesla has shoddy build quality and their "fanboys" don't say anything to call them out (not calling you a fanboy, calling some people out there fanboys, because, let's be honest, they are) Tesla basically doesn't care to fix the issue and then more issues can arise.

Remember the issue with the Model 3 rear bumper and catching water? Was a HUGE design flaw. One driver in his new 3 was going on the road during a rain storm and they drive through a large puddle (something every other car on the road did) and the water collected inside the rear bumper and pulled it off the car. He took it in and they said it wasn't covered. Wasn't covered?!! Get outta here. Dude had to tweet Elon to complain and then he got it fixed under warranty. This isn't how it's supposed to be. If you have an issue with a part on your car, you should be mad. No matter if it's a $30K car, a $70K Tesla or a $200K Taycan. Cars for what they cost should be well built.

You are not a JDM guy at all eh?

Not true. Growing up, my parents friends from the Volunteer Fire Department (my dad is still at FF at 84 and he still fixes old cars for people) had a beautiful Z31 light blue 300ZX. LOVED that car growing up. My favorite cars growing up were the Conquest TSi and a Z32 300ZX TT. Would LOVE a blue Conquest or a green Z.

Loved being at Radwood. Those Gen2 Supras were awesome as we're the early RX-7s. But all I said was that I can't get behind the NSX for the kind of money they are now. You don't get power with those cars. Handling? Absolutely, but 270 hp in the early cars and then 290hp for the last cars isn't really setting the world on fire. I mean, Acrua knew this and had to offer a Comptech supercharger from the factory to help give it some power. Analog? ABSOLUTELY!! But there are a LOT of cars for what some NSXs are going for.

And I know most cars aren't like it. There really is only one modern car that gives the analog feel of the old NSX and some say is a modern version with that feel, the Evora GT. Most reviews on YT say it's a modern NSX and that's awesome. And it's cheaper than a car from the mid 90s, and it's almost new.

And on a unrelated note-I just re-read the specs. With that battery size, that thing is going to be heavy.

Complaining about the weight of batteries (which you know are needed for good range) in an EV is like complaining about the fuel economy of an exotic car. It is what it is.

The new Hummer is 9,000 pounds!!! 😳 Until they come out with new battery tech that won't require a huge pack for good range, the weight is always going to be heavy. So what. As long as the range is what people want, and the acceleration is good and the car looks good (which this does and I can't wait to see the want the other alpha models look like) it will do well. 👍

Not true. Growing up, my parents friends from the Volunteer Fire Department (my dad is still at FF at 84 and he still fixes old cars for people) had a beautiful Z31 light blue 300ZX. LOVED that car growing up. My favorite cars growing up were the Conquest TSi and a Z32 300ZX TT. Would LOVE a blue Conquest or a green Z.

Loved being at Radwood. Those Gen2 Supras were awesome as we're the early RX-7s. But all I said was that I can't get behind the NSX for the kind of money they are now. You don't get power with those cars. Handling? Absolutely, but 270 hp in the early cars and then 290hp for the last cars isn't really setting the world on fire. I mean, Acrua knew this and had to offer a Comptech supercharger from the factory to help give it some power. Analog? ABSOLUTELY!! But there are a LOT of cars for what some NSXs are going for.

And I know most cars aren't like it. There really is only one modern car that gives the analog feel of the old NSX and some say is a modern version with that feel, the Evora GT. Most reviews on YT say it's a modern NSX and that's awesome. And it's cheaper than a car from the mid 90s, and it's almost new.

The NSX is going up in price every year and its certainly not cause of its engine, we all know that.

A reviewer I forget who, it mightve been Doug said something along the lines of cars today have 500, 600, 1000 hp and thats cool and all but then you get into this (NSX) and you appreciate its 270hp and how it drives. Plus, just look at the damn thing. Gorgeous.

That NSX wasnt exactly slow either, 5 second by todays standards isnt anything to gasp over but 5 seconds is still pretty quick. Hell anything under 6 seconds is a relatively quick car.

But yeah, if you want JDM and power you get a 2jz with overnight parts from Japan and a BOV that goes WOOOOOSHH. :lol:

I was thinking this earlier actually, how would I rank the big 4 JDM legends just based on looks, stock and modified examples. Gonna have to go with:

1. NSX
2. RX-7
3. R34
4. Supra

The NSX and RX-7 might be 1a and 1b. The lines of the RX7 are just gorgeous. NSX is just alot more “unique” looking from that group, being mid engine and all.

Complaining about the weight of batteries (which you know are needed for good range) in an EV is like complaining about the fuel economy of an exotic car. It is what it is.

The new Hummer is 9,000 pounds!!! 😳 Until they come out with new battery tech that won't require a huge pack for good range, the weight is always going to be heavy. So what. As long as the range is what people want, and the acceleration is good and the car looks good (which this does and I can't wait to see the want the other alpha models look like) it will do well. 👍
For clarification the Hummer in particular weighs that much because of the off road accommodations and the use of heavy gauge steel skid plates to protect the battery.

Most of the industry will be going to larger batteries to push EVs out because all designers I’ve chatted with have admitted that studios have just began working on EVs ‘seriously’ (beyond 1/5th scale clay models and internal exercises) around 2018/2019.

Taking account the 3-4 year gestation period it takes to design a ICE car, add 12-24 months to retool/validate/train factory workers and source parts for an EV and a number of critical efficiencies will be left on the table to get these things in showrooms ASAP.

Which is why the Model S LR has a smaller battery and is lighter (as well as the M3 vs it’s competitors) than this concept or anything else in a similar range class. (Experience and learning + more
vertical parts integration = better, usually lighter/more efficient parts in my experience.)

The larger batteries are a band-aid to the compromises (some OEMs are using ICE chassis and placing batteries in them-more weight and as a result compromised crash structure etc. as the crash box up front has been designed for an huge engine-leading to packaging restraints; others/most have limiting electronic sets that cannot use battery power as optimally as that extra $$$ is being spent on legacy requirements like complicated interior structures) that such a truncated timeline can present.

The hints if your outside the industry are in plain sight-every OEM is investing in battery tech and electronic sets to get weight down (and as a result efficiency up) in those areas. Also check out tear downs of Teslas vs the first gen EVs-some of them newer designs-a lot of gems in those! But again, those advancements are further down the road, not slated for anything in production within the next 3-4 years at least.

Siemens has been showing some advancements in those areas in particular that has potential in that space, but again there are cost/partnership requirements that have to pass to make these thing a reality.

Last edited:
Yea build quality on Teslas is about the only bad thing people can talk about so it’s beat to death. Most are still talking about issues from the first few months of production of brand new models/factory lines. They have greatly improved and the new factories will be achieving panel gap fitment at specs many manufacturers today cant reach

They will fix any problem you identify (for free) and give you as much time as you want to thoroughly inspect the car before buying.

Its really just weird that a lot of folks have so much to say about Teslas but many have never even sat in one or driven one. Just regurgitating what their biased media outlets say. But i suppose its like anything else

For clarification the Hummer in particular weighs that much because of the off the use of steel skid plates to protect the battery.

Most of the industry will be going won’t larger batteries to push EVs out because all designers I’ve chatted with have admitted that studios have just began working on EVs ‘seriously’ (beyond 1/5th scale clay models and internal exercises) around 2018/2019.

Taking account the 3-4 year gestation period it takes to design a ICE car, add 12-24 to retool/train factory workers and source parts for an EV and certain efficiencies will be left on the table to get these things in showrooms ASAP.

Which is why the Model S LR has a smaller battery (as well as the M3 vs it’s competitors) than this concept or anything else in a similar range class. (Experience and learning + more
vertical parts integration = better, usually lighter/more efficient parts in my experience.)

The larger batteries are a band-aid to the compromises (some OEMs are using ICE chassis and placing batteries in them-more weight for compromised crash structure etc.; others have limiting electronic sets that cannot use battery power as optimally) that such a truncated timeline can present.

The hints if your outside the industry are in plain sight-every OEM is investing in battery tech and electronic sets to get weight down (and as a result efficiency up) in those areas. Also check out tear downs of Teslas vs the first gen EVs-some of them newer designs-a lot of gems in those!

Siemens has been showing some advancements in those areas in particular that has potential in that space.
My man is really giving yall some game in here lol

Maybe my background in manufacturing plays a part, but it amazes me that people dont understand the advantages of a “purpose-built” EV vs an EV cobbled together to make a few sales. Designing something from the ground up is huge

This is why some laugh when new EV specs are posted. Big batteries, less range, slower accceleration. Meanwhile 4680’s and mega castings are about to change the game completely

Yea build quality on Teslas is about the only bad thing people can talk about so it’s beat to death. Most are still talking about issues from the first few months of production of brand new models/factory lines. They have greatly improved and the new factories will be achieving panel gap fitment at specs many manufacturers today cant reach

They will fix any problem you identify (for free) and give you as much time as you want to thoroughly inspect the car before buying.

Its really just weird that a lot of folks have so much to say about Teslas but many have never even sat in one or driven one. Just regurgitating what their biased media outlets say. But i suppose its like anything else
Some of it is based on the CEO, and most of it is because Tesla doesn’t have a traditional PR department.

My family has worked in various PR/marketing roles in the automotive industry. The have told me stories of well known journalists who have called them for questions on the products that one could figure out by scanning the owners manual.

Others would call them to secure a full sized pickup for personal uses. Another returned a GT-R Nismo with $20K in damage after some ham-fisted track driving. Nothing is ever said because the inference is you will be dinged in a review.

I over heard a conversation at a major automotive publications event ‘If you want to work here, you have to have to be a great writer’.

Driving and even automotive knowledge is secondary. The feeling in Detroit, Germany, even Japan was that Tesla was a joke even as recently as 2018. Media was just parroting that sentiment. (There was so much trash talk over the reservation model. Which is now copied throughout the industry lol.) Combined with the ad revenue (which is a very real thing when it comes to reviews-Ford and Honda have spent the most over the last 15 years) the bias is a predictable outcome.

Some of it is based on the CEO, and most of it is because Tesla doesn’t have a traditional PR department.

My family has worked in various PR/marketing roles in the automotive industry. The have told me stories of well known journalists who have called them for questions on the products that one could figure out by scanning the owners manual.

Others would call them to secure a full sized pickup for personal uses. Another returned a GT-R Nismo with $20K in damage after some ham-fisted track driving. Nothing is ever said because the inference is you will be dinged in a review.

I over heard a conversation at a major automotive publications event ‘If you want to work here, you have to have to be a great writer’.

Driving and even automotive knowledge is secondary. The feeling in Detroit, Germany, even Japan was that Tesla was a joke even as recently as 2018. Media was just parroting that sentiment. (There was so much trash talk over the reservation model. Which is now copied throughout the industry lol.) Combined with the ad revenue (which is a very real thing when it comes to reviews-Ford and Honda have spent the most over the last 15 years) the bias is a predictable outcome.
Its also more intense due to the lobbying and funds behind oil and their influence on the media.

Can totally understand people not liking Elon. The genius is hard to debate, but dude is a nut lol

I hope nobody in the thread takes my posts as “Tesla is the best and everybody should love them” - there’s something for everybody. Just hate misinformation!

My man is really giving yall some game in here lol

Maybe my background in manufacturing plays a part, but it amazes me that people dont understand the advantages of a “purpose-built” EV vs an EV cobbled together to make a few sales. Designing something from the ground up is huge

This is why some laugh when new EV specs are posted. Big batteries, less range, slower accceleration. Meanwhile 4680’s and mega castings are about to change the game completely
Appreciate it! Ahh you manufacturing and production folks are really next level. The amount of precision and complexity in that space is fascinating to me 💯. Have to seen some of the tear downs of the newer EVs? I like some of the things Hyundai is doing-they are a bit more vertically integrated than the rest (steel production helps here with body castings-but nothing on Teslas level).

But as you noted, until the next gen EVs arrive (5 years) things are going to be underwhelming specification wise.

so design design since you mentioned being at GM

Have any opinions on the late model CTSV or the new CT5 blackwing?
Both have world class chassis. GM is actually still at a loss financially on that platform.

But seriously the Alpha chassis cars have some of the best modern era steering feel and ride and handling balance you might experience. The rest is is standard up level GM stuff, which isn’t bad.

The track guys at work would describe describe those engines as ‘tough.’ High praise as they would beat the **** out of them. I know of a few random supercharger failures, but that’s about it.

audi's headlights are always a step ahead, love it
Both have world class chassis. GM is actually still at a loss financially on that platform.

But seriously the Alpha chassis cars have some of the best modern era steering feel and ride and handling balance you might experience. The rest is is standard up level GM stuff, which isn’t bad.
yeah they recently caught my eye

especially the manual, wonder what it feels like to rip thru gears in a super saloon on the highway :nthat:

Appreciate it! Ahh you manufacturing and production folks are really next level. The amount of precision and complexity in that space is fascinating to me 💯. Have to seen some of the tear downs of the newer EVs? I like some of the things Hyundai is doing-they are a bit more vertically integrated than the rest (steel production helps here with body castings-but nothing on Teslas level).

But as you noted, until the next gen EVs arrive (5 years) things are going to be underwhelming specification wise.
Im a big Sandy Munro fan. His history in the industry makes him a credible source for me and love watching his teardowns

I think the biggest thing nobody Is talking about is the EVs that are in China. They are cheaper and still nice. Similar to when Japanese vehicles came stateside, could make a huge impact

Well, YOU SHOULD!!! By not caring about the quality of a car you paid good money for (and $70K is GOOD money that not everyone can afford), your basically giving the manufacturer reasons to cut corners and not have a quality product for the consumer.

I saw this all the time selling Fords. When they would have a recall because of a part was bad (which was NOT made by Ford but by a Tier 1 supplier) customers didn't curse the supplier, they cursed Ford. But Ford was taking the initiative to get it corrected. When Tesla has shoddy build quality and their "fanboys" don't say anything to call them out (not calling you a fanboy, calling some people out there fanboys, because, let's be honest, they are) Tesla basically doesn't care to fix the issue and then more issues can arise.

Remember the issue with the Model 3 rear bumper and catching water? Was a HUGE design flaw. One driver in his new 3 was going on the road during a rain storm and they drive through a large puddle (something every other car on the road did) and the water collected inside the rear bumper and pulled it off the car. He took it in and they said it wasn't covered. Wasn't covered?!! Get outta here. Dude had to tweet Elon to complain and then he got it fixed under warranty. This isn't how it's supposed to be. If you have an issue with a part on your car, you should be mad. No matter if it's a $30K car, a $70K Tesla or a $200K Taycan. Cars for what they cost should be well built.

I don't think most Tesla owners are big car enthusiasts. It's some in this thread but the ones I have PERSONALLY met in real life could care less about cars outside of the brand name they're driving.

What comes first - the Twitter acquistion or the Cybertruck coming out?

Neither is actually looking very plausible right now but I'm genuinely confused as to how Tesla's empty promises is much different to what Elizabeth Holmes did with Theranos. Of course one's a consumer product and the other is people's health, but in a vacuum the business practice seems very similar (with regards to promises of the Cybertruck and full autonomous driving)

I agree with you 100%. These automotive journalists have an agenda. I remember when the TFL guys ticked off Ford when they released some info they weren't supposed to and they were banned from Ford events for several months. I also remember when the TFL guys ticked off Subaru and damaged a car and now they won't let them get press vehicles again.

i bought a 2018 F82 the next state over with just under 8k miles. it was the previous owner's weekend car and hasnt had an oil change in 4 years, when it was just over 2k miles. originally, i was going to have the car delivered, but now i'm considering flying down and driving it back. its about a 6 hour drive. should i be concerned about 4 year old oil? if it was driven every weekend or every other, should be fine right?

Back
Top Bottom