\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

You could schedule an oil change in the town you’re picking up at to be done before you drive home? Just for peace of mind.

Personally I think it’d be fine since the miles are low as it is but the age of the oil might be problematic.

i bought a 2018 F82 the next state over with just under 8k miles. it was the previous owner's weekend car and hasnt had an oil change in 4 years, when it was just over 2k miles. originally, i was going to have the car delivered, but now i'm considering flying down and driving it back. its about a 6 hour drive. should i be concerned about 4 year old oil? if it was driven every weekend or every other, should be fine right?
Four year old oil with 6k on it in an M car? I wouldn’t drive that car 6 hours… you should have that dealt with and also hopefully a full ppi.

What comes first - the Twitter acquistion or the Cybertruck coming out?

Neither is actually looking very plausible right now but I'm genuinely confused as to how Tesla's empty promises is much different to what Elizabeth Holmes did with Theranos. Of course one's a consumer product and the other is people's health, but in a vacuum the business practice seems very similar (with regards to promises of the Cybertruck and full autonomous driving)
I think it might be bias on your part. Does Tesla moonshot on deliverables? Yes. Does that create missed time lines? Absolutely.

The real question is does that thinking/culture create forward thinking products and industry disruption?

Yes. Resoundingly. This isn’t an opinion-this is looking at a tear down of Telsa products vs the field. Look at how the automotive industry has attempted to overlay the way Tesla does things now.

If GM would make the worlds best selling electric car that was somewhat affordable, outsold and took sales from previously multi generational dominated nameplates (Camry/Accord on the low end, 3/C/A4 class on the higher end) Marry Barra would be on the cover of Time, with no takeover aspirations.

Holmes company delivered zero products and zero disruption in the medical industry.

There is a huge difference here.

i bought a 2018 F82 the next state over with just under 8k miles. it was the previous owner's weekend car and hasnt had an oil change in 4 years, when it was just over 2k miles. originally, i was going to have the car delivered, but now i'm considering flying down and driving it back. its about a 6 hour drive. should i be concerned about 4 year old oil? if it was driven every weekend or every other, should be fine right?

4 years is too long without a change. I change mine yearly even if the car wasn't used much.
You could always pick it up, go straight for an oil change somewhere and then drive it back. Or get the seller to do one beforehand.

Tesla is essentially a fashion statement for a majority of owners, the "it" car...like having an Iphone or drinking Starbucks.
There is a delta sales numbers wise in which the ‘core values’ for any brand doesn’t connect with buyers as much as the influence of the buying public.

The more worrisome question if I’m a legacy OEM is-what if ‘EV’ = Tesla to consumers.

Last edited:
Tesla fool people with the technology inside the car with that big screen….those car are so cheap looking inside and out. I always chuckle when Tesla owners talk to me about how they love the luxury feel 😂.
What if the tech IS the luxury?

Is luxury having a leather wrapped key hewn from solid curled aluminum?

Or is it never having to worry about a key because it’s integrated seamlessly into your phone?

Is luxury having a beautiful mid century inspired dealership to have your vehicle
serviced in?

Or is it not having to go to a dealership or having service come to your home?

As I’ve stated, that term can be rooted in traditional thinking-but there are alternatives to said traditional pathways that can be successful.

People laughed at BMW yuppiemobies in the 80s too.

You could schedule an oil change in the town you’re picking up at to be done before you drive home? Just for peace of mind.

Personally I think it’d be fine since the miles are low as it is but the age of the oil might be problematic.

getting a service done before driving up was my first thought, but i'm 50/50 since it was driven on the weekend or every other. the age of the oil is what concerned me too.

Four year old oil with 6k on it in an M car? I wouldn’t drive that car 6 hours… you should have that dealt with and also hopefully a full ppi.

i had a PPI done and everything came back fine. got a good deal on an extended warranty too, since the miles are so low.

4 years is too long without a change. I change mine yearly even if the car wasn't used much.
You could always pick it up, go straight for an oil change somewhere and then drive it back. Or get the seller to do one beforehand.

yeah, thats likely what i'll do.

Tesla is essentially a fashion statement for a majority of owners, the "it" car...like having an Iphone or drinking Starbucks.
Todays question on the fb group was “how do you protect the windshield from cracks”…. “where do you guys go to get tires” “why do I have so many rock chips on my bumper” (cause there’s no grill!) Most Tesla owners think their car is so much different than an ICE car. From the paint to the glass to the tires. Like Tesla from the batteries and motors up isn’t a regular *** car.

Todays question on the fb group was “how do you protect the windshield from cracks”…. “where do you guys go to get tires” “why do I have so many rock chips on my bumper” (cause there’s no grill!) Most Tesla owners think their car is so much different than an ICE car. From the paint to the glass to the tires. Like Tesla from the batteries and motors up isn’t a regular *** car.

Basically what I expected.

Well, YOU SHOULD!!! By not caring about the quality of a car you paid good money for (and $70K is GOOD money that not everyone can afford), your basically giving the manufacturer reasons to cut corners and not have a quality product for the consumer.

I saw this all the time selling Fords. When they would have a recall because of a part was bad (which was NOT made by Ford but by a Tier 1 supplier) customers didn't curse the supplier, they cursed Ford. But Ford was taking the initiative to get it corrected. When Tesla has shoddy build quality and their "fanboys" don't say anything to call them out (not calling you a fanboy, calling some people out there fanboys, because, let's be honest, they are) Tesla basically doesn't care to fix the issue and then more issues can arise.

Remember the issue with the Model 3 rear bumper and catching water? Was a HUGE design flaw. One driver in his new 3 was going on the road during a rain storm and they drive through a large puddle (something every other car on the road did) and the water collected inside the rear bumper and pulled it off the car. He took it in and they said it wasn't covered. Wasn't covered?!! Get outta here. Dude had to tweet Elon to complain and then he got it fixed under warranty. This isn't how it's supposed to be. If you have an issue with a part on your car, you should be mad. No matter if it's a $30K car, a $70K Tesla or a $200K Taycan. Cars for what they cost should be well built.
I get what you’re saying but the spoiler being a little loose one one corner literally doesn’t affect anything or inconvenience me in any way. All I have to do is make an appointment on the app and Tesla will come to me and put a new one on. My point was that some people see that and automatically call Teslas pieces of 💩, and say it’s “completely unacceptable on a $70k car!”.

I broke a mud flap off 6 months ago and have replaced it. Also I think I’ve washed it once this year lol. I’m the opposite of zmaqbool zmaqbool 😂

lmaooo this is funny

:rofl:
especially since if they do their own research tesla does use parts from other cars, i remember reading an article about how they cut costs on manufacturing by buying some parts from other companies which is cool i think

33a963cf2a7f09f3fe6df0ec1040c8df.jpg
cc946e67c6baa40dfef8430a0d4a7d32.jpg
f71208369974021b829352ddddc1f072.jpg
418336e96c33f58a583ed3a79925188e.jpg
ed1d40a36f03aeee5efd21a573160a2f.jpg
3fe5827fe8de8c84d1034618b543f994.jpg
dd96869c76408d014925f71df7f46a23.jpg

AMG One. Built around a modified version of AMG’s hybrid F1 powertrain. So, that’s an e-turbocharged, hybrid-boosted 1.6-litre V6 combustion engine and no less than three electric motors (the rear-drive F1 car uses just one) driving all four wheels. More than 990bhp from 1.6 litres, a 16-mile electric range, 0-124mph in less than 6.0sec and a top speed north of 217mph. Price is upwards of $1 million.

Fittingly complicated.

Last edited:
I think it's super easy to bash tesla when you don't own one. I am guilty of it myself until I purchased my Model X in Late 2019. But they have some of the highest customer retention numbers in the industry--since then i've owned a 2019 3, 2022 Y and 2022 S.

I hated so many things about it from afar, until I owned one and it all made sense.

Yes, there is room for improvement on the build quality and materials. But that doesn't stop it from being the best daily driver on the planet, currently.

The speed is so much more useable than my porsche, I don't need high RPMs and dramatic shifting to over take someone or to merge onto the highway, the car is always ready to go.

They add features overnight, and improved so many of the daily features that you didn't even know you wanted. GPS Based homelink is my favorite, garage door opens when I get home and closes when I leave. GPS-Based Suspension Lifter is also clutch. The phone key is so convenient, because I can proximity unlock both of my cars when I need to move my parking pass from one car to the other.

I can start my car remotely for someone else to drive (my car wash guy when i'm not home). I have DOG MODE.

C'mon guys, you're just jealous.

I will add though, that teslas are so common that they've lost that uniqueness that I am used to when buying an expensive car...

You need to mod them, my car is going in for wrap and lowering links on June 6. Can't wait to update you guys. Hoping to get it done in time for HRE Open House.

German engineering >>>> .

Reminds me of the BMW M12, but that was a 4 cylinder.
All modern F1 engines will give you similar input with a tri motor electric setup and a development budget. GM has something big planned with the C8 hybrid as well.

Why in the hell are oem tips so expensive? Looking at exhausts the tips are like 50% the price of the full exhaust at times.

I agree with you 100%. These automotive journalists have an agenda. I remember when the TFL guys ticked off Ford when they released some info they weren't supposed to and they were banned from Ford events for several months. I also remember when the TFL guys ticked off Subaru and damaged a car and now they won't let them get press vehicles again.

Lol, Subaru STILL won't give the TFL crew one of their cars all these years later. Petty but hilarious af. I love that channel man. They put in a lot of effort with what they do & cover a broad range of car brands which is lovely for consumers & has a certain entertainment value to is as well. Them & Engineering Explained are couple of my faves

Back
Top Bottom