\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Main downside with those Hyundai and Kias are the weak charging network. If you travel often or can’t charge at home, could present an issue. Genesis also dropping their EV SUV that looks nice

If you can charge at home, I still think an EV is the way to go. If you worried about them getting stolen, you haven’t looked into it enough!

Main downside with those Hyundai and Kias are the weak charging network. If you travel often or can’t charge at home, could present an issue. Genesis also dropping their EV SUV that looks nice

If you can charge at home, I still think an EV is the way to go. If you worried about them getting stolen, you haven’t looked into it enough!

My only “issue” with EV’s is we are still in its infancy. Tesla just became mainstream only a few years ago and the tech keeps evolving and evolving, batteries getting better etc. I eventually would love an EV, but imagine how much better they will be 5 years from now, and the charging infrastructure. The possibilites alone would make me wanna hold off as long as possible.

U out ya rabbit *** mind if u thinking I spending Tesla money on a Kia or Hyundai.

Not for nothing I did look at some reviews for the EV6. It's not a bad car but imma still get this 440 to settle me until the CT is mass produced.
Which CT do you have reserved?

Are those things actually supposed to release any time soon l? I don’t follow tesla at all.

My wife had a Model 3 for three years and we traded it in for her Model Y. Our home has one of those Tesla Chargers for at home charging. One thing I will caution folks on to consider with EVs is how much the electric companies are charging for electricity at your house. When we first got the Model 3 we didn't notice a huge increase in the electric bill but then the electric company updated their rates to reflect that more people were driving EVs and our electric bill tripled when only charging sporadically and enrolling in their time of use plan. It got so bad that we installed solar panels to offset the cost. I am pro EVs and believe they are the future but I recommend that people make the switch because they want to not because they perceive that they will save a bunch of money given the price of gas. The electric companies are playing catch-up to make sure that they make money off of EV charging.

My only “issue” with EV’s is we are still in its infancy. Tesla just became mainstream only a few years ago and the tech keeps evolving and evolving, batteries getting better etc. I eventually would love an EV, but imagine how much better they will be 5 years from now, and the charging infrastructure. The possibilites alone would make me wanna hold off as long as possible.
I think this issue was relevant 5 years ago, but not so much today. Since you’re no longer making any major sacrifices with today’s EV’s (performance, range, (Tesla) charging infrastructure), I don’t see the point in waiting. There were ICE cars I liked better as far as looks, but after conducting my research I just couldn’t bring myself to make what I felt wasn’t the best value purchase. I also tend to change cars after a few years, so I fully plan on taking advantage of these tech advancements

I also think that we all have a tunnel vision perspective. I love my EV because it is perfect for MY personal use of my vehicle.There are plenty of people whose driving/living situation calls for an ICE vehicle still. If I did a lot of towing or constantly took long trips I would likely be in something different

I guess if you’re going with an EV other than Tesla - your point stands. I would personally give Ford, Kia, etc a few more years before buying their new EVs. But I also wouldnt blame anybody for buying one now, they seem like great cars, just a bit riskier

I think this issue was relevant 5 years ago, but not so much today. Since you’re no longer making any major sacrifices with today’s EV’s (performance, range, (Tesla) charging infrastructure), I don’t see the point in waiting. There were ICE cars I liked better as far as looks, but after conducting my research I just couldn’t bring myself to make what I felt wasn’t the best value purchase. I also tend to change cars after a few years, so I fully plan on taking advantage of these tech advancements

I also think that we all have a tunnel vision perspective. I love my EV because it is perfect for MY personal use of my vehicle.There are plenty of people whose driving/living situation calls for an ICE vehicle still. If I did a lot of towing or constantly took long trips I would likely be in something different

I guess if you’re going with an EV other than Tesla - your point stands. I would personally give Ford, Kia, etc a few more years before buying their new EVs. But I also wouldnt blame anybody for buying one now, they seem like great cars, just a bit riskier

Tesla the only one that kinda gets a pass but look what they did in what, 5-6 mainstream years? Imagine another 5. Dont get me wrong, would still be a great buy now but EV’s are moving so fast man.

Outside of Tesla, how much do those public superchargers cost, say If I need to charge my Mustang Mach E as an example?

If you triple my electric bill I got another car payment.

F all that. :lol:

The key is living close to your job and drive whatever you want. Sorry for you commuting.

You living in Minnesota you have da same utility that I do. Starts with X and ends with Cell. Even with Solar panels I still pay them every month even though I produce more power than I use.

Yep, we got the same providers.

Im down for electric but In my situation it doesn’t make sense.

Next house I’ll do solar when I’m with a different provider. Maybe I can skip hooking up to them all together. Plenty of people do that where I’m going to build since black hills energy wants 40k to hook up to da grid.

My future neighbor was an electrical engineer for Apple and just did all his solar himself and he doesn’t even need their energy on a big *** crib.

I think now really isn’t the time to be buying a new car at all, unless you’ve got a Tesla reserved at old pricing or something. I been using that trick to my advantage for months now. I still have 2 Y Performances left at 63,990 base price. Instant equity.

But yeah, if you need a car, get a beater. If you have a car you don’t need, sell it.

Was supposed to be buying a new house this year and even my realtor told me to hold off (and he was set to make 100k off the transaction). Stay liquid out there boys.

If you triple my electric bill I got another car payment.

F all that. :lol:

The key is living close to your job and drive whatever you want. Sorry for you commuting.

I ride my bike everywhere nowadays. I trigger libs with my superior pedal power. When I really want libs to cry I rise da fat ebike in da background.
20220526_141013.jpg

My early reserve is the lowest model. My late 2021 is the mid tier. Hoping when the base comes out I can sell it and just recoupe for the mid tier.
The latest info is the single motor is axed or at least will be the very last to be released . The top tier ones ( plaid and tri motor) will be the first to release then the dual motor.

So far the debate is will the initial reservation holders get the keep the original pricing since the FSR is now much higher than the 10k it originally was

Back
Top Bottom