\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

B8537731-9C14-42D5-B12D-E4DA2DCD5B89.jpeg
I don’t know how many times I’ve said I’m never buying another black vehicle smh…
This is the dream

My wife had a Model 3 for three years and we traded it in for her Model Y. Our home has one of those Tesla Chargers for at home charging. One thing I will caution folks on to consider with EVs is how much the electric companies are charging for electricity at your house. When we first got the Model 3 we didn't notice a huge increase in the electric bill but then the electric company updated their rates to reflect that more people were driving EVs and our electric bill tripled when only charging sporadically and enrolling in their time of use plan. It got so bad that we installed solar panels to offset the cost. I am pro EVs and believe they are the future but I recommend that people make the switch because they want to not because they perceive that they will save a bunch of money given the price of gas. The electric companies are playing catch-up to make sure that they make money off of EV charging.
Yea the increased demand in electricity is only going to lead to increased rates. Not only do you have household cars charging, you have municipal buses, trucks and heavy machinery that needs charging if everything goes electric

If you charging at the crib you gotta get solar panels installed mandatory…

In cali if you have solar panels installed they will buy back small portions of unused energy off you monthly

Lmao everyone who seen the picture commented on the parking. The spot to the left was like a triangle dead space not really for parking.

B1E0B5C3-6FF7-49D9-A193-4C52A944E7F9.jpeg

I’m not that much of a douche lol

Get yo 1996 Umbrella Corp satellite image outta here fam. :lol:

We need a pic of you parking properly at another location so you get the NT truck pass before bigslim773 bigslim773 runs you over with his Tundra and yells at everyone again.

Last edited:
There won’t be electric trucks or heavy equipment in a big way until they figure out batteries.

An electric semi truck would weight something like 65k pounds empty due to the batteries.

Forget about heavy equipment. It already weighs more than a semi running on diesel.

That Tesla semi truck won’t happen in its current state, a pickup truck would be able to haul more than that Tesla semi.

Yea the increased demand in electricity is only going to lead to increased rates. Not only do you have household cars charging, you have municipal buses, trucks and heavy machinery that needs charging if everything goes electric

That's the part that some consumers are overlooking in the gas vs electric cost benefit analysis. In most states the public utilities have been demanding large rate increases on gas and electric power. Most of the conversation on the cost of energy has been focused on gasoline when the cost of natural gas and electricity is going up too. My utility started sending out notices during the winter that consumers should expect much higher heating bills due to the cost of natural gas. Whether this is a demand issue or just a taking advantage of the situation issue I can't say. The electric grid is already under immense pressure with utilities saying that rate increases are necessary to meet the load. You may not initially see increases in your electric bills but they are coming. I would recommend NTers that own their own homes to look into installing solar panels which greatly offset the cost of electricity.

My brother mplsdunk mplsdunk is speaking facts on electrification as it relates to heavy machinery and large trucks. I'm obsessed with the Fast Lane Truck/Car/EV/Now YouTube channels and I'm loving their new Ford Lighting series to see whether an electric pickup truck can do the things you need a work pickup truck to do. EV trucks are amazing when it comes to towing and hauling but they are extremely limited by their range and the amount of energy they use when towing and doing the things workers need.

If you charging at the crib you gotta get solar panels installed mandatory…

In cali if you have solar panels installed they will buy back small portions of unused energy off you monthly
Cali’s grid won’t be able to sustain a mass switch to electric vehicles. I have no clue what we’re going to do once the grid starts imploding.

I saw that first episode when they picked up the lightning in ohio or Kentucky or whatever. I’ll have to peep the rest when I have the time.

I’ve seen the lightning in person, it’s pretty cool.

The other thing that needs to happen is princes come down. I can get a good truck for 50k. That’s a 40k difference. 40k is a lot of gas.

They are just more like luxury items right now. Most people can’t afford them. The stuff on luxury trickles down though. It wasn’t long ago when Apple car play and led lights were luxury.

I saw that first episode when they picked up the lightning in ohio or Kentucky or whatever. I’ll have to peep the rest when I have the time.

I’ve seen the lightning in person, it’s pretty cool.

The other thing that needs to happen is princes come down. I can get a good truck for 50k. That’s a 40k difference. 40k is a lot of gas.

They are just more like luxury items right now. Most people can’t afford them. The stuff on luxury trickles down though. It wasn’t long ago when Apple car play and led lights were luxury.

Prices of vehicles are just too high. I still remember when $40k was getting you a fully loaded car. Now that price barely gets you a car with Air Conditioning (See Jeep).

Too bad most raptors only racing to starbz.

I went dirt biking with this dude with a raptor. Dude had it for one month and it was already pretty banged up with trail damage, bone stock he loved it. He’s had all generations.

The supercharger whine and the v8 is what id love to have but for me it’s not enough to sway me completely . 0-60 in 4 seconds is fast (for a truck) but that **** eventually gets old. My Tesla doesn’t feel as fast as it first did, and neither did the mustang.

The supercharger whine and the v8 is what id love to have but for me it’s not enough to sway me completely . 0-60 in 4 seconds is fast (for a truck) but that **** eventually gets old. My Tesla doesn’t feel as fast as it first did, and neither did the mustang.

for sure, i think when the r drops it'll make the decision even harder between trx and raptor
especially since raptors have already been doing it for so long

for sure, i think when the r drops it'll make the decision even harder between trx and raptor
especially since raptors have already been doing it for so long

Back
Top Bottom