\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

PICKED UP MY DREAM CAR/EARLY BIRTHDAY GIFT TODAYšŸ”„šŸ”„šŸ”„

BEING FROM CHICAGO, THIS WAS A CAR Iā€™VE WANTED SINCE I WAS A KID.

GOING TO NEED SOME WORK OBVIOUSLY, BUT ITS A SOLID BASE TO START WITH.

00A3617D-C0D3-4DED-8140-AE2245780F4D.jpeg

500A357F-6CA9-4099-AE0B-0C4B4AF6FBA9.jpeg

38F25A31-9B80-47CA-A0FF-CB8F88028BA8.jpeg

89 LS BROUGHAM.

TUNDRA HAD ZERO ISSUES MEMPHIS TO MISSOURI AND BACK TO MEMPHIS.
Just saw this, Old.gm on ig is your friend

I agree, im the same way . Nowadays i rather sit in a nice quiet car with the windows rolled up and listen to kenny G than listen to the noise outside/car. Thats just me. Sh*t is therapeutic
I wish my car was quiet a lot too lately. When I have my son in the car with me We canā€™t even hear each other most of the time cause itā€™s so ****ing loud. Kind of annoying.

The camaro , R8 and R35 GTR is also being discontinued by the way. Sad to see the camaro go out again like that but who can blame the consumer for not buying them ugly *** ss and v6 packages.
Damn I didn't even know those 3 were also on the chopping block. I liked the 2011 Camaro that was in Transformers: Dark of The Moon. Was that a ZL1? They made the Camaro ugly af after that 2018 refresh by taking off 4 inches from the front. GTR is a beast but hasn't changed all that much in the past 5-7 years.

I wish my car was quiet a lot too lately. When I have my son in the car with me We canā€™t even hear each other most of the time cause itā€™s so ****ing loud. Kind of annoying.
Bro, i have four kids (youngest is 4 mos) so i know exactly how you feel! We all need that peace and quiet sometimes to balance our stressful day out šŸ˜

As some of you know my mom passed just over a year ago and NT was always an important part of our lives. My mom would always ask what my NT secret Santa got me and she always wanted to make sure that I wasn't a deadbeat secret santa. You guys have truly been a blessing to me as I move forward in life without mom. One thing I inherited from my mom was my love of cars and my appreciation for people that love cars too. We would literally go car shopping together (whether it was for her and my dad or just for me). She always wanted a Mercedes E class and I was glad she owned several before she passed. Before I would buy a car I would make sure it got her seal of approval before I purchased it. I still remember her going with me when I picked up my m550i after her first few rounds of chemo. She didn't have too much energy then but she was happy.

One dream I shared with my mom was my dream of one day owning a full blown M car. Part of the reason I went to law school was to one day save enough to money to buy one. I'm sad that mom didn't live to see this day but my dream finally came true. Because I'm closer to you guys than my actual friends I figured I'd share pics of my new ride. Jokingly referred to as the MAGA Mobile šŸ˜† šŸ¤£. I took this picture after picking it up from tinting and full body ppf today.

2023 M8 Gran Coupe Competition in Frozen Pure Grey with M Performance Exhaust

20220827_112105.jpg

20220827_112138.jpg
goddamn bruh that is harrrddddddd

glad u and ur momma shared somuch love thatts dope af <3

Nothing wrong with evs from a practicality standpoint. As a car guy they're bland and lack character imo that's why you see people try HARD to stand out with crazy color wraps and wheels.

Everyone has their own opinions and preferences. Personally i couldn't imagine not being able to hear and shift my own car :lol:
kinda agree ev not that exciting tbh
The camaro , R8 and R35 GTR is also being discontinued by the way. Sad to see the camaro go out again like that but who can blame the consumer for not buying them ugly *** ss and v6 packages.
i agree the camaro's been so ugly with the redesign idk what they was thinking

Until they make affordable EVs that aren't the Leaf and Bolt, good luck mandating EV purchases.
There's just nothing like that obnoxious V8 sound :pimp:
I agree, I love the German v8 the most, those amg :wow:, they sing a beautiful tone. Sadly in about a decade all engines from v6-12, gonna cease to exist smh.

I feel like most people who talk about EVs being soulless have never been 0-60 in a Model S Plaid. Makes YOUR soul move. Yall wanna personify these cars so bad lol.

After driving EVs I hate loud vehicles. Loud for what? To get dusted in silence. Thats just me

Iā€™m not racing traffic light to traffic light Toreto, so 0-60 doesnā€™t mean as much to me as it did when I was 18
Lol, its not about the 0-60, its about g force and having your body and head snapped back. Stomach going up into chest. To me that ā€œfeelingā€ a car can give your body has to be the soul, right?

Isnt the sound basically the audible representation of speed and power in a sense? If not then what is it? Serious question

Anyway, just got back from my longest road trip yet in my soulless Model Y. Was a dream to drive through the mountains in Shenandoah and the supercharger network in that area was quite robust which was great to see. I have never been so willing and content to drive long distances as i have been with this car

Nothing better than a good sounding loud carā€¦ I drove a Tesla and had to stop after doing one pull with the windows down :sick:. Sure they fast but completely soulless, no wonder I never see a Tesla driver with the windows down.

Until they make affordable EVs that aren't the Leaf and Bolt, good luck mandating EV purchases.
There's just nothing like that obnoxious V8 sound :pimp:

Definitely guys. There's just nothing like a GOOD sounding V8. And those who have an exhaust that is so loud it's just noise, are horrible (there are a few here). Several S550 5.0s around my area that are just freaking noise (no distinctive sound).

Here is a short YT clip from a friend of mine who filmed my car (I didn't know he did it) when I took another friend out in it at Cars & Coffee early this year (he just got a 2010 and I wanted to let him know what could be done to a 4.6 3v S197 to make them sound good).

I usually NEVER get on it like this, but I stood on it and even I was geeked when I heard the sound clip.

It's crazy as I never consider my car anything special. When I ordered it (as a gift to myself for surviving my liver transplant) way back in August 2005 (as a 2006 model), it was just my mental interpretation of what a modern (at the time) GT350 could have looked like. But more & more people have complimented me on my car lately (which makes me feel good as there are SO MANY special cars around my area at the local C&Cs I go to). I'm just very happy that I've been complimented on the sound of my car by A LOT of people so I know I did something good on it. šŸ™‚

Last edited:
Iā€™m not racing traffic light to traffic light Toreto, so 0-60 doesnā€™t mean as much to me as it did when I was 18. I also donā€™t want to gun it just to feel something. The feeling of a crisp manual downshift > anything a Plaid can offer me.
You added that last part after I quoted it at first so this is just to add-on. But personally I have absolutely 0 desire to own a manual vehicle at all (unless maybe a track toy). So I guess its just a complete difference in taste which is totally fine

Iā€™d pass on any EV 100 times out of 100. Maybe Iā€™ll warm up to them over time but right now they do nothing for me. Materials and fitment in Teslaā€™s leave a lot to be desired. Theyā€™re way behind the Germans and asking equivalent pricing.

Dudes donā€™t wanna hear car noises anymore

The EV propaganda is real :lol:

:lol:

Lowkey that **** is annoying a lot of the times. Everyone will be outside talking minding their business then some dude will come in a V8 or whatever. Bruh nobody cares initially or anymore move on with that lol.

Lowkey that **** is annoying a lot of the times. Everyone will be outside talking minding their business then some dude will come in a V8 or whatever. Bruh nobody cares initially or anymore move on with that lol.
I was at a light the other day and some guy with twisting the throttle on his new bike over and over and over. People like that shouldnā€™t be given options.

yea that part annoying af, i mean anyone tryna show out be annoying usually its the v8 and honda boys

im sure if tesla's made a noise them mfers would be tryna show out too :lol:

Lol, its not about the 0-60, its about g force and having your body and head snapped back. Stomach going up into chest. To me that ā€œfeelingā€ a car can give your body has to be the soul, right?

Isnt the sound basically the audible representation of speed and power in a sense? If not then what is it? Serious question

Anyway, just got back from my longest road trip yet in my soulless Model Y. Was a dream to drive through the mountains in Shenandoah and the supercharger network in that area was quite robust which was great to see. I have never been so willing and content to drive long distances as i have been with this car
While itā€™s understandable why certain consumers want to classify things-itā€™s a greater reflection of our society as a whole-you draw an interesting point regarding progress:

Is a electronically controlled fuel injection car ā€˜soulless?ā€™ There are a few old timers who will look at the new wave of muscle cars dismissively-thereā€™s not a carburetor in sight. In fact a GT350R has as much in common with Italian supercars conceptually as the original Mustang. I donā€™t recall hearing a lot of pushback regarding that project.

Are turbo charged cars ā€˜soulless?ā€™ Again there are some who are ā€˜outā€™ if a car doesnā€™t have a normally aspirated V8 devoid of any electronic aids.

Ditto ABS, traction control, 5/6/7 speed manuals, DSG transmissions, hell even carbon fiber/composites are ā€˜soullessā€™ to certain groups who only swear by drum brakes and steel panels.

That argument is amusing as when things progress, there is always going to be backlash which when viewed in retrospect/historically-the ā€˜againstā€™ crowd either will drive that 68 Lincoln/74 Bug/84 Jeep/92 Civic/99 Mustang etc. as long as possibleā€¦or silently adjust-especially with everyday drivers.

There are going to be some who respond with a turbocharged engine soundbite talking about the 'good old days' and again-the real question is when was that?

Such is progress. The interesting thing is the true 'gear heads' that I track with occasionally love EVs for that particular application.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom