\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I’m shopping for a daily but I am ALL over the place with what I actually want. I was dead set on getting a new H.O F250 but the reality of actually driving it daily is giving me cold feet. A sedan like a GS-F or panmera 4s or M850i then I go back to my test drive of the lightning and it checked all of the boxes for me. Only negatives was it was a soulless driving experience which at my age isn’t a negative for me…. I don’t live my life stoplight to stoplight like I did 20 years ago

Like I said….. I’m all over the place but hope to have something in the next couple of months

Dom? ..is it really you?

de539a7d-8327-4b9f-bd8e-f4a1359b4a7e_text.gif

1673639039409.jpeg

There are times miss my departed R35 and on the right roads, it’s an amazing instrument. But even as an occasional DD, the lack of a 7th gear is frustrating, especially on the highway. Nissan mercifully has started work on its next gen ‘sports’ platform that will go hybrid in its approach.

1673639435597.jpeg

Our orange was really fun to detail, and reflected its lines even in low lighting conditions after coating.

Stunning… one of the all time greats….i’m sure you had a blast. The changes to the 2017+ are really well done. It drives so much better.

1673639039409.jpeg

There are times miss my departed R35 and on the right roads, it’s an amazing instrument. But even as an occasional DD, the lack of a 7th gear is frustrating, especially on the highway. Nissan mercifully has started work on its next gen ‘sports’ platform that will go hybrid in its approach.

1673639435597.jpeg

Our orange one was really fun to detail, and reflected its lines even in low lighting conditions after coating.
why'd u get rid of it?
i'm curious

Stunning… one of the all time greats….i’m sure you had a blast. The changes to the 2017+ are really well done. It drives so much better.
Correct-I briefly had a 2016 build-it felt like a different car. The interior was improved in particular, and NVH was greatly reduced post facelift, and the ride was far less 'knobby' over smaller, sharper bumps. Every time I take a revised Nismo up into canyon roads I'm like 'Ahhh I get this car again'. It's a weapon.

Last edited:
why'd u get rid of it?
i'm curious
After 5 years of owning multiple R35s, we became very tired of the high costs of the DSG service, they all smelled like gasoline in the summer when temps became high, and overall long highway trips while relatively comfortable (Those things are dead stable at 140+mph. Allegedly.) the lack of 7th gear, 14mpg averages which equalled an annoying drone (my partner likes to really drive cars) combined with the high maintenance costs after track days pushed us to go to EVs. We've documented savings of around $7,863 per year from just one of our previous R35s-and we decided to scale up our rental property portfolio with the savings.

We love ICE cars-my partner is insisting on ordering a Z06 very soon-but for track days, the savings for a EV vs a comparable performing ICE product is substantial. We've just had to replace tires on my wifes Polestar 2 after roughly the same amount of commuter/track days/mileage ($2300, + $168 in energy costs),

Last edited:
Correct-I briefly had a 2016 build-it felt like a different car. The interior was improved in particular, and NVH was greatly reduced post facelift, and the ride was far less 'knobby' over smaller, sharper bumps. Very time I take a revised Nismo up into canyon roads I'm like 'Ahhh I get this car again'. It's a weapon.

Was fortunate to drive it at SPA for their 2017 refresh. You can see me pass a couple guys here

We droveit to and from SPA as well using. Did stupid numbers on the Autobahn but the back roads were just a delight. Always wanted a R35 and will have one someday.

After 5 years of owning multiple R35s, we became very tired of the high costs of the DSG service, they all smelled like gasoline in the summer when temps became high, and overall long highway trips while relatively comfortable (Those things are dead stable at 140+mph. Allegedly.) the lack of 6th gear, 14mpg averages (my partner likes to really drive cars) combined with the high maintenance costs after track days pushed us to go to EVs. We've documented savings of around $7,863 per year from just one of our previous R35s-and we decided to scale up our rental property portfolio with the savings.

We love ICE cars-my partner is insisting on ordering a Z06 very soon-but for track days, the savings for a EV vs a comparable performing ICE product is substantial. We've just had to replace tires on my wifes Polestar 2 after roughly the same amount of commuter/track days ($2300, + $168 in energy costs),

Smiles per gallon hahahah.. totally understand tho…

Was fortunate to drive it at SPA for their 2017 refresh. You can see me pass a couple guys here

We droveit to and from SPA as well using. Did stupid numbers on the Autobahn but the back roads were just a delight. Always wanted a R35 and will have one someday.

Very cool! I remember that program a few of you guys scared the **** out some of the Nissan folks.:rofl: The Silver with brown is THE color combination IMHO-I was never able to order one. The blue ones looked good in theory, but was missing 'something' on public roads.

Exiting a damp corner on WOT in these things will make even ham fisted drivers like myself feel like a superhero.

Was walking home & spotted this clean 3rd gen Max on my block. Saw it was idling & guy was inside so spoke to him for a few minutes about it. Real stand up individual who knows his Maximas. It's always been garage parked.

He's actually the original owner. Said it was his first big purchase as an adult back in 1993. He's graduated to Benz but had a few Maximas since but sold em all & held onto this one. It's got some 200k odd miles on it with 0 rust. The HIDs are a nice touch. They look blue in the pic but are actually more of an icy white in person.
20230114_120137.jpg
20230114_120113.jpg

im 50/50 on builds like that. on one hand, its definitely unique and pretty cool. on the other hand, wtf why lol

People just try too hard to be different imo doesn't make any sense when you could easy make more power all through out the powerband with even the original drivetrain.

Last edited:
After 5 years of owning multiple R35s, we became very tired of the high costs of the DSG service, they all smelled like gasoline in the summer when temps became high, and overall long highway trips while relatively comfortable (Those things are dead stable at 140+mph. Allegedly.) the lack of 7th gear, 14mpg averages which equalled an annoying drone (my partner likes to really drive cars) combined with the high maintenance costs after track days pushed us to go to EVs. We've documented savings of around $7,863 per year from just one of our previous R35s-and we decided to scale up our rental property portfolio with the savings.

We love ICE cars-my partner is insisting on ordering a Z06 very soon-but for track days, the savings for a EV vs a comparable performing ICE product is substantial. We've just had to replace tires on my wifes Polestar 2 after roughly the same amount of commuter/track days/mileage ($2300, + $168 in energy costs),
solid reasons
u had ur fun with it and thats important

Back
Top Bottom