\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

There is no 'win' here-and that GTs real achievement is its Lotus like feedback from its controls vs. its class (ultra super car).

Having said that...from a pure engineering budget, what GM has achieved here has been monumental. These products are in completely different spectrums. (GT, raw, special event; Z06 everyday livable Ferrari with GT3 track ability/grip)

On a side note, if you're a Chevy fan/magazine racer-the E-Ray will make a drag race much more interesting.

And an over 6X price difference is huge. The internet would explode if a Civic Si was this close to a Porsche 911.
I agree
the fact that the corvette will be mass produced and reasonably attainable to middle class or upper middle class individual and can put up numbers like that is completely bonkers. i just wish they look of the car was a little better.
I cannot get over how the rear quarterpanels and rear of the car don't really flow for me

Screenshot_20230108_161924_DuckDuckGo.jpg
I need to get some roller shots with the new weds.
Who was on who's door 🤔

I agree
the fact that the corvette will be mass produced and reasonably attainable to middle class or upper middle class individual and can put up numbers like that is completely bonkers. i just wish they look of the car was a little better.
I cannot get over how the rear quarterpanels and rear of the car don't really flow for me

I wouldn't consider a $140K (how most will be priced per MSRP more than likely, with the options) sports car attainable for the middle class. And especially now with how much most dealers are charging for one (upper $100K range). I honestly don't see the Z06 depreciating anytime soon if ever since they will not make nearly as many as the regular C8. Just saying. 👍

Anyone still shopping for cars in this economy?

Unfortunately had to. I got promoted to a new position at work so I had to give back my company car. Ended up buying a 4th gen 4runner 4x4 a few weeks ago. $14K with 140K miles. Somewhat overpaid based on pre-covid history but it was in great condition with a long history of service at Toyota dealerships and no rust. Plus it has the V8 4.7L 2UZ engine which are indestructible. Will be my everyday driver and vehicle for the snow.

I wouldn't consider a $140K (how most will be priced per MSRP more than likely, with the options) sports car attainable for the middle class. And especially now with how much most dealers are charging for one (upper $100K range). I honestly don't see the Z06 depreciating anytime soon if ever since they will not make nearly as many as the regular C8. Just saying. 👍
Well if pickup trucks are in the 70-100k range and those are targeting the middle class
i'm sure many middle class folks who are financially smart can pull off a corvette

Unfortunately had to. I got promoted to a new position at work so I had to give back my company car. Ended up buying a 4th gen 4runner 4x4 a few weeks ago. $14K with 140K miles. Somewhat overpaid based on pre-covid history but it was in great condition with a long history of service at Toyota dealerships and no rust. Plus it has the V8 4.7L 2UZ engine which are indestructible. Will be my everyday driver and vehicle for the snow.

$14k is toooo bad considering the service history and low mileage for a Toyota. i've been trying to pick one up to use as a beater or whenever i don't feel like driving stick. i'd throw some bronze TE37s on them in a heartbeat.

Tesla just dropped their model Y prices by 20%, and the Model 3 performance down to 54k. With the tax credit, I could’ve bought a performance for less than I paid for my LR in Jan 2022 :angry: :angry: :angry:

Well if pickup trucks are in the 70-100k range and those are targeting the middle class
i'm sure many middle class folks who are financially smart can pull off a corvette

Never said anything about pickups. At least with a pickup, it's more than 1 passenger and can be used for multiple purposes in different weather. The Corvette, not so much. Sports cars are a purely emotional purchase for the most part.

And believe me when I say this, all those middle class people buying those $70k & up trucks? Yeah, a lot them should not have and gotten a lower trim & less equipped model for less. When I gave payments on F150s when I was working, and said payments were in the $900-$1200 a month (for example) for 6 years 😳, I just internally shook my head. Especially when I find out from the finance department that the purchase is a stretch, literally.

I had people buying these, not make $150k a year you would think, but half that (and this is gross not net) if they were lucky! People were overbuying vehicles for years. I'd always say, if you have to think about the payment (when it's this high) it's too much and let's look at a lower trim. I had a conscious, but most car sales people could care less. Just get the unit out.

It is insane what some people are willing to spend on cars compared to their income and other investments. I don’t know if it is social media or what. I try not to judge random people but one of my brothers is 25, makes about 80k and has a used Macan and used Cayanne that he pays about $1600 a month on while living in a tiny 1/1 with his wife. Mad irresponsible but looks good on Instagram.

It is insane what some people are willing to spend on cars compared to their income and other investments. I don’t know if it is social media or what. I try not to judge random people but one of my brothers is 25, makes about 80k and has a used Macan and used Cayanne that he pays about $1600 a month on while living in a tiny 1/1 with his wife. Mad irresponsible but looks good on Instagram.

He lives in NY too? I hope that tiny 1/1 isn’t a rental either. Should of got a house first then everything else with the expensive cars.

Tesla just dropped their model Y prices by 20%, and the Model 3 performance down to 54k. With the tax credit, I could’ve bought a performance for less than I paid for my LR in Jan 2022 :angry: :angry: :angry:

I’m sure people will sue as they are causing damn near riots in China. Huge price cuts. Their pricing structure is always way to unpredictable. This is clearly to help softening demand and qualify for the made in USA $7500 tax credit.

Had an aunt just buy a loaded Model Y and she’s pissed.

29E44450-FE75-48E4-BCE6-A53FD2D9739F.jpeg

Last edited:
Anyone still shopping for cars in this economy?
I’m shopping for a daily but I am ALL over the place with what I actually want. I was dead set on getting a new H.O F250 but the reality of actually driving it daily is giving me cold feet. A sedan like a GS-F or panmera 4s or M850i then I go back to my test drive of the lightning and it checked all of the boxes for me. Only negatives was it was a soulless driving experience which at my age isn’t a negative for me…. I don’t live my life stoplight to stoplight like I did 20 years ago

Like I said….. I’m all over the place but hope to have something in the next couple of months

With the ‘luxury’ part of the market actually increasing vs the rest, your point still stands. For the level of ability this vehicle offers-this is solidly attainable.
Never said anything about pickups. At least with a pickup, it's more than 1 passenger and can be used for multiple purposes in different weather. The Corvette, not so much. Sports cars are a purely emotional purchase for the most part.

And believe me when I say this, all those middle class people buying those $70k & up trucks? Yeah, a lot them should not have and gotten a lower trim & less equipped model for less. When I gave payments on F150s when I was working, and said payments were in the $900-$1200 a month (for example) for 6 years 😳, I just internally shook my head. Especially when I find out from the finance department that the purchase is a stretch, literally.

I had people buying these, not make $150k a year you would think, but half that (and this is gross not net) if they were lucky! People were overbuying vehicles for years. I'd always say, if you have to think about the payment (when it's this high) it's too much and let's look at a lower trim. I had a conscious, but most car sales people could care less. Just get the unit out.
Both of you are correct:

Yes a sports car is less ‘functional’ than a pickup truck. It’s purchased for a number of reasons-one if them absolutely is vanity. (Emotion)

But one of the main reasons (data) folks gravitate towards higher end trucks? They do not want to show up at a worksite with the same truck as their workers.
Vanity. (Emotion)

And as you know-the higher end trims of lights duty trucks are the sweet spot sales wise-and frankly, unlike a sports car/super car, has only a mild uptick in capability vs. its more pedestrian counterparts. (Denali etc vs. a standard model with same mechanicals-the Z06 will leave a Z51 for dead on track.)

Last edited:
1673639039409.jpeg

There are times miss my departed R35 and on the right roads, it’s an amazing instrument. But even as an occasional DD, the lack of a 7th gear is frustrating, especially on the highway. Nissan mercifully has started work on its next gen ‘sports’ platform that will go hybrid in its approach.

1673639435597.jpeg

Our orange one was really fun to detail, and the paint really reflected its lines even in low lighting conditions after coating.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom