\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

The Portofino is a convertible while the Roma is still coupe only. But they are similar cars. Front engine touring cars.

Well stating that it's just another California seems to insinuate something bad, as that car was universally hated--whereas the Roma seems to be an entirely different car.

I don't expect it to drive like an F8, but I don't want to buy a car that's a piece of ****.

So whats there not to like about the Roma other than purists don't get a hard-on when they see it? Tech is understandable.

SOON. SHIPPING NEXT WEEK SO SHOULD HAVE MY BADLANDS BY END OF NEXT WEEK.
F9961810-8483-4135-9C2E-8FDF949CD700.png

MY RAPTOR IS STILL WAITING TO BE BUILT. BUILD DATE HAS BEEN MOVED AND SCHEDULED FOR 3/13/2023. WAS ORIGINALLY SCHEDULED TO BE BUILT TODAY. :angry:

A100FA8F-6B77-4424-B8E8-0EF9217BCE34.png

Last edited:
My wife ended up with the Willys, she checked out the Mojave too but tbh we weren’t looking to spend that much and wasn’t worth the increase in price for what we need. They gave us the Willys for 37k. :lol: they wouldn’t come down on the Mojave since they move them quick and we originally wanted a used taco so f it. Got new for the same price.

It’s loaded out though, led everything, 8.4 inch screen, alpine audio cold weather pack. Sticker was 55k so I’m good with it in this economy.

Gonna go hit the off-road park next day we’re off together.

I’m sad to see the Audi go though man. :frown:

Last edited:
My wife ended up with the Willys, she checked out the Mojave too but tbh we weren’t looking to spend that much and wasn’t worth the increase in price for what we need. They gave us the Willys for 37k. :lol: they wouldn’t come down on the Mojave since they move them quick and we originally wanted a used taco so f it. Got new for the same price.

It’s loaded out though, led everything, 8.4 inch screen, alpine audio cold weather pack. Sticker was 55k so I’m good with it in this economy.

Gonna go hit the off-road park next day we’re off together.
Congrats to you & the Mrs, that's so 🔥. I love Jeep & their products. You have to post pics of that bad boy once it comes in.

Well stating that it's just another California seems to insinuate something bad, as that car was universally hated--whereas the Roma seems to be an entirely different car.

I don't expect it to drive like an F8, but I don't want to buy a car that's a piece of ****.

So whats there not to like about the Roma other than purists don't get a hard-on when they see it? Tech is understandable.

The several people who have driven one said that there was nothing that stood out. One guy has a McLaren so he's used to exotics. Another just said it's kinda ho-hum. Yeah, it's fast and such.

The California hate is almost equal to all the hate the Mondial got back in the day. Now, that is a car a lot of people want, considering how cheap one can get it.

is dis da truth?

if EVs help the planet im all for them tbh, not personally tho.

but i would love to see how greener manufacturing would help the earth.

for example i was in a third world country this winter (afghanistan) and they have no power grid, i visited a milk factory and dudes basically run it off diesel generators most of the time which is horrible for the environment
same with the us army bases, they was running offf dirty diesel generators for 20 years in that country, those things imo when changed should help the ozone as well cleaner vehicles
I am not qualified to talk ozone layer, however experts seem to be split. One side says it is all a cycle and that it does this over centuries, other side says no we are in ire straights. I just know for a fact during COVID lockdown California air had never been that clean.
And the Maxima restoration continues 😁. My brother swapped the front 2 doors for me today. My baby is looking healthier & healthier with some much needed TLC. So glad to see those Godawful doors I had from a '98 Infiniti are finally off.

We have the rear right door to go & than done. Going to try & wash + clay it next 50 degree day we get here. Got to get the donor car out so I can get back my garage spot. Also going to order the tool that can help me remove that dent on the rear qrtr panel.
I come in peace, but would it be cheaper to just get her blasted and sprayed, because the colors won't be the same due to sun exposure. Also any rust is going to need to be cut out and repaired and painted.
A modern day example of Theseus’ Ship.
Credit WandaVision and Vision himself for me knowing that story and reference.

Bought one of these years ago and never looked back.

Battery conditioning and trickle charging are A1.

I use to have to do this for my SC430, car consistently has something running off the battery once you turn it off. Constant on all 430's, however she is in storage for the winter and just disconnected the battery. Once weather warms up will hook the Supra battery to it. Paid for itself and then some.
Zo, dude.

Could have gotten a Optima Yellow top for 350 from Autozone and saved yourself 100 bucks.
I always wondered about them, I see a lot of show cars or imports running them. They legit huh?
Do people just be picking up cars whenever they find a steal 😭
You mean you don't? Have two more cars I am looking for and should be good for the time being.

I am not qualified to talk ozone layer, however experts seem to be split. One side says it is all a cycle and that it does this over centuries,
How did they determine this given this industrial age is only about 100 years old? There's been nothing like this before. I really don't know, i'm genuinely asking.

Back
Top Bottom