\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

There’s no way I’m paying $60k for a Kia, let alone $80k for the V9. Kia/Hyundai have serious issues and their cars depreciate too quickly to justify that kind of investment. The only real advantage they offer is the 10-year warranty, and that’s clearly necessary. That said, some of their models do have appealing designs and are packed with technology, which likely appeals to younger buyers.
I see it everyday. Its usually older to middle aged women that are buying them and paying that much. They knew their demo when they brought out those hamsters.

Just got my car tinted... hope dem boys leave me alone.

20240821_130415.jpg

20240821_130428.jpg

Gonna get the windshield tinted later after I get this medical exemption.

20240821_130442.jpg

Whats good yall? Know is been a little while hope everybody’s doing well.

Finally got a new ride. Started shopping for the Lexus GS 350 F Sport and was about to pull the trigger, but due to some family issues I had to push off something that was going to cost me $600+ a month before insurance for 48 months. The economy and rates are what they are BUT we all know rate cuts are coming so I’ll either snag the Lexus or a 4Runner come December.

So until then I bought something the bring a smile to my face everything day. Something fun to drive until the first snow.

1999 SL 500

71k on the odometer when I closed the deal. She had been sitting for 7 years. Dropped $4k on the following the get her road worthy: tune up fuel filter, oil & filter, air filter, cabin filter, transmission transducer replace service, diff service, injection service, valve covers replaced & scan and reset all functions to factory specs, the antenna rubber seal, brake flush service, and complete cooling system flush. Not included in that $4K: 4 Continental extreme contact 245/45R18’s tires and AMG rims. SMH

Was in the smartest purchase? No where close but life’s too short to drive boring cars and boy is she fun to drive. Replacing the soft top is coming in the near future just need to find a shop in Chicago to handle it. Plan on updating all my speakers but some how keeping the original radio sometime in the near future. Have a Bluetooth cassette tape that’s doing the job right now lol
IMG_9734.jpeg

She getting a full detail Friday I’ll post more pictures after.

First day home:
IMG_0154.jpeg

First day as my daily:
B7041F83-2208-4D4F-B6C6-858F0335092C.jpeg

Finally got a new ride. Started shopping for the Lexus GS 350 F Sport and was about to pull the trigger, but due to some family issues I had to push off something that was going to cost me $600+ a month before insurance for 48 months. The economy and rates are what they are BUT we all know rate cuts are coming so I’ll either snag the Lexus or a 4Runner come December.

So until then I bought something the bring a smile to my face everything day. Something fun to drive until the first snow.

1999 SL 500

71k on the odometer when I closed the deal. She had been sitting for 7 years. Dropped $4k on the following the get her road worthy: tune up fuel filter, oil & filter, air filter, cabin filter, transmission transducer replace service, diff service, injection service, valve covers replaced & scan and reset all functions to factory specs, the antenna rubber seal, brake flush service, and complete cooling system flush. Not included in that $4K: 4 Continental extreme contact 245/45R18’s tires and AMG rims. SMH

Was in the smartest purchase? No where close but life’s too short to drive boring cars and boy is she fun to drive. Replacing the soft top is coming in the near future just need to find a shop in Chicago to handle it. Plan on updating all my speakers but some how keeping the original radio sometime in the near future. Have a Bluetooth cassette tape that’s doing the job right now lol
IMG_9734.jpeg

First day home:
IMG_0154.jpeg

First day as my daily:
okay looking like MJ in 99 I LOVE ITTTTT

1999 SL 500

IMG_9734.jpeg

First day home:
IMG_0154.jpeg

First day as my daily:
FUEEEGOOOO :emoji_fire:

LOVE the mono blocks, very well done.

The removable PANO hardtop is a super cool option for these :emoji_eyes:
img_6398.png

1999 SL 500

IMG_9734.jpeg

First day home:
IMG_0154.jpeg

First day as my daily:

Are those true AMG Momoblocks? Like old NOS equipment? If so STUNNING doesn't express it enough!! I'm🔥🔥 I see those wheels and all I think of is AMG Hammer! 👏👏

1999 SL 500

IMG_9734.jpeg

First day home:
IMG_0154.jpeg

First day as my daily:

Drop top is cleaaaan. Homie I met at these NYC car shows has one as well, mean af.

IMG_2865.jpeg

+

IMG_5418.jpeg

Late post from Monterey Car Week. Unfortunately a little somber for me this year. Found out my dog's health took a turn over the weekend and I had to leave MCW a day early. Ultimately had to say goodbye to him on Monday which erased a lot of the highs from MCW.

Back to the cars, a very different vibe this year. Seemed much more crowded than years past and was filled with too many Tik Tok/IG influencers rather than real car enthusiasts. Social media has really exploded MCW into the biggest car event in the world now. Took a ton of photos between Quail/MotorLux/EOB/Car House Parties, etc. but I won't bombard you since most of that stuff is viral on the web now. Was at the BMW M5/Touring Premiere and there was a lack of excitement which felt weird since BMW M car reveals always set the car industry on fire. A lot of people also agreed that the Lamborghini took a step back in regards to styling and feels more tamed this time around compared to the previous generation. One of my favorite cars was the Porsche 911 S/T painted in Dani blue. The amount of customization details that went into that car is insane. Will most likely be the ONLY 911 S/T ever in that color in the world (1 of 1). Rode in the new Lotus Eletre. That thing is trash. LOL. Thank god they have the Emira.

IMG_E0590.JPG

IMG_E0591.JPG

IMG_E0592.JPG

IMG_E0593.JPG

Lamborghini.JPG

Ferrari 2.JPG

Hennessy.JPG

Mclaren 2.JPG

Mclaren.JPG

Porsche.JPG

Already started hunting for one prices are insane but it’s a must buy at some point
It's all about the hunt!

If you look long enough you can find a deal, I've seen guys who no longer have their SL for whatever reason and just looking to get rid of the top.

Also, it wont be functional...but the BRICK PHONE is also a super neat option available for your car :emoji_fire:
mb-cell-jpg.2673815

Are those true AMG Momoblocks? Like old NOS equipment? If so STUNNING doesn't express it enough!! I'm🔥🔥 I see those wheels and all I think of is AMG Hammer! 👏👏

My grandparents have had all their Benzes serviced by a guy in Northwest Indiana. He started working at Mercedes in 1969 when he was 16, and it amazes me how he’s able to stay up to date on Mercedes technology. I took him out to inspect her before signing the paperwork, and when he approved, he told me he had a surprise for me.:pimp::pimp::pimp:

He said one of clients had them refinished back in 2006 but sold his R129 (1992 SL500 with 32k miles:wow:) a few later and never put them back on.

Definitely going to try and learn as much as I can maintenance wise while he’s still around.

Hopefully this is the first of many to come I’m a huge R129/PreMerger AMG fan.

This ^^ an SLR McLaren and Ferrari Superamerica will all be in the garage before it’s all said and done.

Appreciate the love y’all she’s a work in progress but nonetheless I couldn’t be happier.

It's all about the hunt!

If you look long enough you can find a deal, I've seen guys who no longer have their SL for whatever reason and just looking to get rid of the top.

Also, it wont be functional...but the BRICK PHONE is also a super neat option available for your car :emoji_fire:
mb-cell-jpg.2673815

The hunt the hunt!!! Definitely looking forward to adding a pano time eventually it’s such a clean look!

So my car phone mount is in the center console, if I can find the mount shown I’d definitely add the brick phone!

My grandparents have had all their Benzes serviced by a guy in Northwest Indiana. He started working at Mercedes in 1969 when he was 16, and it amazes me how he’s able to stay up to date on Mercedes technology. I took him out to inspect her before signing the paperwork, and when he approved, he told me he had a surprise for me.:pimp::pimp::pimp:

He said one of clients had them refinished back in 2006 but sold his R129 (1992 SL500 with 32k miles:wow:) a few later and never put them back on.

Definitely going to try and learn as much as I can maintenance wise while he’s still around.

Hopefully this is the first of many to come I’m a huge R129/PreMerger AMG fan.

This ^^ an SLR McLaren and Ferrari Superamerica will all be in the garage before it’s all said and done.

Appreciate the love y’all she’s a work in progress but nonetheless I couldn’t be happier.

Very cool buddy. Yeah, Pre-merger AMGs are amazing cars and run forever. Much better than current AMGs. You can just feel the difference in everything.

I would suggest switching from a 575 SuperAmerica to a 550 Barchetta for multiple reasons. Main reason, the 550 is a stick and all SAs are F1 gearboxes and the bigger reason. The roof on the SAs are SEVERELY problematic! And this isn't hyperbole because it's a Ferrari, it's from a tech who worked at Algae Ferrari before going on his own with his former Algar coworker. He said you can't get them, and the problems are crazy.

The roof has a tint feature using a dial that sends voltage to change the opaqueness. Over time that voltage caused issues. One was delamination. He prices to fix, which is a new roof, was anywhere from $17k to over $20k....in 2013!! 🤯 Today I don't believe you can even get the roofs anymore. All I know, was he said it wasn't worth the hassle and the Barchetta was a better overall car. Just an FYI, in case you didn't know. Here's a link if you want to read up about them back in the day.

Oh and the SLR. AMAZING car with a great history for both companies. When it's your time, make sure you find out what size the seats are. They came in 3. Someone I know has one. I sat in it, and the bolsters were tight and they were the medium size (and I'm not big at all, 6' 175 and 34" waist). I believe some pre owned cars come with multiple seats as some people didn't know what size to get. I could be wrong on this. 👍

Your list is AWESOME!! 👍👍👏👏🔥🔥

Last edited:
The hunt the hunt!!! Definitely looking forward to adding a pano time eventually it’s such a clean look!

So my car phone mount is in the center console, if I can find the mount shown I’d definitely add the brick phone!

Fire whip bro, wheels make it so much better
Keep an eye out on this auction site if you havent heard about it already
they def have some rare parts pop up from time to time

Late post from Monterey Car Week. Unfortunately a little somber for me this year. Found out my dog's health took a turn over the weekend and I had to leave MCW a day early. Ultimately had to say goodbye to him on Monday which erased a lot of the highs from MCW.

Back to the cars, a very different vibe this year. Seemed much more crowded than years past and was filled with too many Tik Tok/IG influencers rather than real car enthusiasts. Social media has really exploded MCW into the biggest car event in the world now. Took a ton of photos between Quail/MotorLux/EOB/Car House Parties, etc. but I won't bombard you since most of that stuff is viral on the web now. Was at the BMW M5/Touring Premiere and there was a lack of excitement which felt weird since BMW M car reveals always set the car industry on fire. A lot of people also agreed that the Lamborghini took a step back in regards to styling and feels more tamed this time around compared to the previous generation. One of my favorite cars was the Porsche 911 S/T painted in Dani blue. The amount of customization details that went into that car is insane. Will most likely be the ONLY 911 S/T ever in that color in the world (1 of 1). Rode in the new Lotus Eletre. That thing is trash. LOL. Thank god they have the Emira.

dope flicks! man i miss going there, back when I lived back home in the Bay used to drive down to see my aunt when she lived in Monterey, always a good time
Sorry for the loss of your pup 🙏🏽

I found a 2022 Diesel RST Tahoe with 38k miles for $59,000. Do you think it's a good deal? What are the benefits of going with a Diesel engine? Also, should I wait for the refreshed model to check out used ones? Prices keep dropping, but this is the lowest I've seen for this model.

Back
Top Bottom