\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Feel like you been looking for an SUV for like 3 years now. :lol:
I'm not an impulsive buyer—I like to research and wait until I find what I consider the best time to buy. I personally don't like the Tahoe as much as the Yukon Denali, but those are still priced in the mid to high $60k range. I also looked into Escalades, but even with 50k miles, they start at $75k on the low end. The Pilot is boring, the Grand Highlander/TX has a bunch of issues, the GX is overpriced, and the Expedition is bland.

Right now, I'm torn between the Tahoe/Denali or the TX F Sport, but for $70k, I'd rather go with a larger vehicle.
i personally wouldn't pay 59k for a tahoe

sometimes paying more for a diesel motor doesn't translate into gas savings, unless u keep the car like 10years +
primary benefits of diesel is more efficient and low end torque which is ideal for towing
Why not? In terms of price, the RST trim I'm looking at actually has the diesel option priced cheaper than the gas version, which is usually the opposite. I'm not towing anything, but I like that the diesel offers better gas mileage. Right now, I pay for premium gas for all my vehicles, so switching to diesel wouldn't cost much more for me.

Also, I buy cars and keep them for the duration of their life. I'm not sure about reliability.

I'm not an impulsive buyer—I like to research and wait until I find what I consider the best time to buy. I personally don't like the Tahoe as much as the Yukon Denali, but those are still priced in the mid to high $60k range. I also looked into Escalades, but even with 50k miles, they start at $75k on the low end. The Pilot is boring, the Grand Highlander/TX has a bunch of issues, the GX is overpriced, and the Expedition is bland.

Right now, I'm torn between the Tahoe/Denali or the TX F Sport, but for $70k, I'd rather go with a larger vehicle.

Why not? In terms of price, the RST trim I'm looking at actually has the diesel option priced cheaper than the gas version, which is usually the opposite. I'm not towing anything, but I like that the diesel offers better gas mileage. Right now, I pay for premium gas for all my vehicles, so switching to diesel wouldn't cost much more for me.

Also, I buy cars and keep them for the duration of their life. I'm not sure about reliability.
I understand the market is where its at but i strongly believe that tahoes are overpriced at 59k and will come down
i mean the diesel offering better gas mileage would be good for you since you plan to keep it forever

i dont remember but if they make the yukon in a diesel that would be a beast of a family hauler

Where should I look for some new tires for my rav4? I usually just wait for Black Friday to get some from the tire center at BJs wholesale but just wanna compare
Gonna need some soon, the last Michelins I got from there are at 75k miles and are showing some noticeable balding

Also been noticing my car shakes a little when I brake going down from around 40 mph+
I would normally assume that’s the brakes but I just got new ones in February so I hope it’s not that..could it be the tires?

Rented both these cars when I was in Austin and Houston last week

2023 Ford Bronco Wild Track (Sasquatch package)
IMG_7469.jpeg
IMG_7508.jpeg
IMG_7513.jpeg
IMG_7509.jpeg
IMG_7516.jpeg
IMG_7475.jpeg

This was my rental in Houston, TX

ADVERTISEMENT​
2020 BMW X5 M
IMG_7437.jpeg
IMG_7428.jpeg
IMG_7429.jpeg
IMG_7426.jpeg

My rental in Austin, TX.

The Bronco was surprisingly nice! Very roomy and it looks super cool with the fat tires. Rides kind of rough and a little bit of wind noise in the interior, but overall, it’s a nice SUV.

The X5 was real nice too. My first BMW I’ve ever drove. That SUV is quick too! Handles very well and the interior is nice. Cool bells and whistles. I personally wouldn’t buy one to own due to BMW’s history of reliability issues. Still a nice SUV.

Side note: I had a ball in Houston, TX and ate good!!! Lol! Man, TX drivers drive really fast when you want to merge Lanes on I-40 lol. Austin was cool, but boring in a sense. I only went to visit my brother and his wife. Will definitely go back to Houston, though. The heat in Houston is a monster and I hated it. It’s different type of humidity smh.

The X5 was real nice too. My first BMW I’ve ever drove. That SUV is quick too! Handles very well and the interior is nice. Cool bells and whistles. I personally wouldn’t buy one to own due to BMW’s history of reliability issues. Still a nice SUV.
From what I understand, the X5 models are equipped with the B58 engine, which is well-known for its durability. Meaning, the newer models are exceptionally reliable.

Passed 50k yesterday in my Hundai Tucson. Fitted this dash cam too which I'm pleased with - the front looks like it came from the factory. The rear is okay - just took a while to get the cable from the trunk to the front.

Screenshot 2024-08-26 at 09-59-01 Fitcamx Dash Cam for Hyundai Tucson (3rd Gen) 2016-2021 (Rea...png

From what I understand, the X5 models are equipped with the B58 engine, which is well-known for its durability. Meaning, the newer models are exceptionally reliable.
My wife has a 2020 X5. Has about 70k miles on it and has been fine. Oddly, only real issue we have had is the mechanism that controls third row seats, which have been pretty much useless. Fun SUV to drive though and great bells and whistles.

Passed 50k yesterday in my Hundai Tucson. Fitted this dash cam too which I'm pleased with - the front looks like it came from the factory. The rear is okay - just took a while to get the cable from the trunk to the front.

Screenshot 2024-08-26 at 09-59-01 Fitcamx Dash Cam for Hyundai Tucson (3rd Gen) 2016-2021 (Rea...png

Which brand of cam?

Where should I look for some new tires for my rav4? I usually just wait for Black Friday to get some from the tire center at BJs wholesale but just wanna compare
Gonna need some soon, the last Michelins I got from there are at 75k miles and are showing some noticeable balding

Also been noticing my car shakes a little when I brake going down from around 40 mph+
I would normally assume that’s the brakes but I just got new ones in February so I hope it’s not that..could it be the tires?

Check Discount/American Tire, Amazon or Costco, maybe Sams Club?

Have you rotated your tires every 7-8k miles? Rebalanced? All that can play a factor and yes your balding tires too...I personally wouldnt wait 3 months to get them if theyre getting bald already

i always find it funny when people claim that BMW or other German cars are "unreliable". there will always be some level of maintenance, but you should expect that cars with more features/amenities and more powerful and complex powertrains and transmissions will require more maintenance than a 4cyl honda civic. those that claim lack of reliability are typically those that don't follow service intervals, dont allow the car to reach appropriate oil temps before beating on it, opt to use conventional vs synthetic to save money, or hell dont even change their oil. not saying that there aren't cars with faults, but the stigma is largely based on poor ownership habits.

i had a co-worker that would bash VW bc her new jetta broke down. come to find out that she didn't change the oil...ever. she went and bought an accord, thinking it would be more "reliable"......

I was close to buying this, did you end up buying the universal fit? or did they have a plug-in play unit with your rear view mirror cover?

Yeah, plug and play which is why I went with it. The front literally took minutes - pull off plastic piece around mirror, insert cable to mirror power, snap new plastic piece including camera in.

The rear just needs plugged in too but you have to feed the cable from the trunk lid which was fiddly.

If it didn’t fit like that I’d probably just by a regular one from Costco - then you just have to run power along the top and down the pillar to the fuse box.

i personally never rotate tires anymore, feel like its a waste of time

Then don't be surprised if you need tires sooner than normal. My dad's 85, lifelong auto mechanic and still to this day works on classic cars for his buddies. He told me when I was little, when doing oil changes at (at the time 3k, now 5k with synthetic) normal intervals, to also rotate your tires. Distributes the wear.

If you are doing your own oil change on a lift, the time is nothing. While the motor is cooling off, (trust me changing HOT motor oil is NOT pleasant) you can start with rotating the tires. If the motor is cool (sat for a while beforehand) while the oil is draining you can rotate them. Literally takes less than 10 minutes with an impact gun to get the lugs off & move them around.

And granted, some cars you can't rotate tires. Be it staggered sizes front & back, or they are unidirectional. But on vehicles that have same sizes all around, it should be done every oil change.

i always find it funny when people claim that BMW or other German cars are "unreliable". there will always be some level of maintenance, but you should expect that cars with more features/amenities and more powerful and complex powertrains and transmissions will require more maintenance than a 4cyl honda civic. those that claim lack of reliability are typically those that don't follow service intervals, dont allow the car to reach appropriate oil temps before beating on it, opt to use conventional vs synthetic to save money, or hell dont even change their oil. not saying that there aren't cars with faults, but the stigma is largely based on poor ownership habits.

i had a co-worker that would bash VW bc her new jetta broke down. come to find out that she didn't change the oil...ever. she went and bought an accord, thinking it would be more "reliable"......

That's a coworker who needs to be asked the "710" joke. 😂😂😂

Yeah, plug and play which is why I went with it. The front literally took minutes - pull off plastic piece around mirror, insert cable to mirror power, snap new plastic piece including camera in.

The rear just needs plugged in too but you have to feed the cable from the trunk lid which was fiddly.

If it didn’t fit like that I’d probably just by a regular one from Costco - then you just have to run power along the top and down the pillar to the fuse box.

only reason why I didnt go with this brand is cuz the rear view cap i have isnt compatible they recommend i get the universal joint that I have to wire thru the car and im kinda like ehh

Agreed though also tbf theres alot of stuff that just breaks down that you cant really “maintain”. Electrical, etc. But generally speaking yeah the reliability woes are overblown.

Back
Top Bottom