\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Tbh I didn't really know what truck I was defending :lol:

I'll let MakeNTGreatAgain MakeNTGreatAgain handle that one

My only true argument is the CT is cheeks
I know you didn’t have a clue what you were talking about, everyone in the thread realized you didn’t know what you were talking about….. which is why your option on trucks be it cybertruck or other is void and disregarded

Good day Sir

Bet if you drove one for a week you'd change your mind. :lol:

I don't doubt it's a pleasant driving experience

I know you didn’t have a clue what you were talking about, everyone in the thread realized you didn’t know what you were talking about….. which is why your option on trucks be it cybertruck or other is void and disregarded

Good day Sir

damn you're taking my truck card?

ok

I don't doubt it's a pleasant driving experience

damn you're taking my truck card?

ok
6B8215E2-25CA-43DE-83E0-B28364AC4893.gif

I don’t own an EV and I certainly don’t think it’s great as an only vehicle ( because of the 10% of the time you drive more than 300mi in a day) BUT the biggest convenience is NOT having to stop to fill up.

Given the choice I’d much rather not take the time out of my day when I have somewhere to be
Ultimately, no matter how it's presented or how much infrastructure is available, many people prefer to drive straight through with minimal stops. Even if it takes 30 minutes to charge to 80%, most drivers want to spend as little time as possible at the pump or charging station.

Ultimately, no matter how it's presented or how much infrastructure is available, many people prefer to drive straight through with minimal stops. Even if it takes 30 minutes to charge to 80%, most drivers want to spend as little time as possible at the pump or charging station.
I agree which is why I stated I wouldn’t want an EV as my only car because of that. I also stated that very….. very few ppl actually drive more than what an EV is rated at in a single day.

I’d much rather stop at a gas station for 5 minutes or so to gas up, than plug a CHARGER into my car and wait 30 minutes. It’s not even about the time though. I actually enjoy the whole process of GASSING up as part of owning a car. EV's just feels so...phony to me. i don't really know how to articulate how i feel, but to me EV's are a vehicle whereas an ICE is a car, if that makes any sense at all.

I think there needs to be an entertainment aspect involved in a recharge station. Even if they start with larger stations along international routes. It would help pass the time needed to charge.

I've been daily driving an EV of sorts for 5 years. It's not my only car. But my other cars have always been sports cars I can't road trip anyways.

I've been fine, never had an issue, done countless 200-300 mile daily drives and have never had to stop and charge my Benz.

The only times I ever supercharged my teslas were early on just to see the experience of it and test it out. I haven't supercharged since and I let my bro take my Benz from LA to Vegas and he said stopping to charge it in Baker was the easiest thing ever since he got food and coffee anyways. But the funniest part is that he would've made it all the way to Vegas in the Benz anyways, and he only charged in case the hotel had no charger (they did). So he could've plugged it in for the whole weekend if he wanted to.

Negative charging experiences are few and far between, and mostly from people who live in apartments with no charger that rely on supercharging only. If that is your current situation do not buy an EV.

I’d much rather stop at a gas station for 5 minutes or so to gas up, than plug a CHARGER into my car and wait 30 minutes. It’s not even about the time though. I actually enjoy the whole process of GASSING up as part of owning a car. EV's just feels so...phony to me. i don't really know how to articulate how i feel, but to me EV's are a vehicle whereas an ICE is a car, if that makes any sense at all.
This is my first time hearing this and I respect it I just don’t agree. For me it is definitely about time and I would much rather “ fill up “ in the comfort of my own home than have to go to a gas station. Going to a gas station has never been about the “ experience “ for me. I half do deal with the general public enough lol

I remember when I got promoted at my old job and had to 600mi weekly in my W204 C63 it was a nightmare stoping to fill up 3 sometimes 4 times a week . I sold it an got a accord hybrid after about two months lol

This is my first time hearing this and I respect it I just don’t agree. For me it is definitely about time and I would much rather “ fill up “ in the comfort of my own home than have to go to a gas station. Going to a gas station has never been about the “ experience “ for me. I half do deal with the general public enough lol

I remember when I got promoted at my old job and had to 600mi weekly in my W204 C63 it was a nightmare stoping to fill up 3 sometimes 4 times a week . I sold it an got a accord hybrid after about two months lol

I agree with this. Why would people rather stop for gas once a week rather than a supercharger once a year.

ICE vs EV sort of like the old manual vs auto trans debate. Autos been superior but something about selecting gears that's still enjoyable

The average consumer won't miss ICE once the EV infrastructure is in place. And by then the ranges will be pretty long

ICE vs EV sort of like the old manual vs auto trans debate. Autos been superior but something about selecting gears that's still enjoyable

The average consumer won't miss ICE once the EV infrastructure is in place. And by then the ranges will be pretty long

I like both. Have had both. I don’t like governments forcing us into them nor the EV cult which are insane people who got picked on in high school who work at google making 150k a year telling us they are saving the earth.

For me super charging is super convenient. I have a supercharger 0.5 miles from my house next to my kids daycare. Drop off, charge. Grab a coffee and a bite to eat in the car. Then off to work. I also have the ability to charge at work 1 day a week if needed. I do not have a level 2 at home.

Lol…. Plastic riff I’ll give you. The filling the tank in 5 mins stuff has always been a straw logic.

Like most ppl I am home 7 out of 7 nights so it doesn’t matter if it takes five mins or 10 hours it’s not time wasted.

On the other hand filling up today that was supposed to only take 5 mins turned into closer to 20 min after I had to wait for a pump then the card reader failed so I had to go inside and wait behind every damn construction working that wanted that delicious Krispy Krunchy Chicken that every Chevron has now lol

well ur like most people and i am not like most people

Back
Top Bottom