\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I'm not sure if the statement was directed at me, but as I mentioned, I don’t know everyone’s needs, and neither do you. While some people might worry about needing an EV for a long trip once a year, there are also those who commute long distances daily, making an EV impractical for them.

I actually find the EV Sierra nice, but having a vehicle that weighs around 8,000-9,000 pounds with 24-inch wheels is wild to me. That said, with a 400+ mile range, I'd be driving that thing all the time.

A126DFDF-B7DB-428F-A7DC-FF267302769A.jpeg

First detail for Mrs Parker is complete :pimp::pimp::pimp:

I can’t get on board with EVs. Everyone’s needs are different, but for me, I often drive 90 miles one way to my destination, then another 30 to 40 miles while there, and 90 miles back. While a fully charged EV might cover this distance, detours or changing conditions might require a charging stop, which I don’t have time for.

I also question the claim that EVs are more environmentally friendly. If that’s the main selling point, I’m not convinced. For example, if we all switched to EVs, we’d be using more rubber for tires due to their weight alone. Not to mention the extensive digging and mining required for battery resources.

And let’s not forget the toxic emissions from battery manufacturers during production. It just doesn’t add up to me.

My Benz would make that trip with ease, with 50% battery to spare. But I know that's not fair to say since not all EVs are created equal.

Speaking of which.

I also question the claim that EVs are more environmentally friendly. If that’s the main selling point, I’m not convinced. For example, if we all switched to EVs, we’d be using more rubber for tires due to their weight alone. Not to mention the extensive digging and mining required for battery resources.

And let’s not forget the toxic emissions from battery manufacturers during production. It just doesn’t add up to me.

More weight and more rubber isn’t good but some of that can be addressed in time

I think EVs right now on avg weigh around 30% more than an ICE vehicle. The average person’s preference to drive a 6000lb SUV or truck is a bigger issue than EV weight

From an emissions standpoint there is an objective net benefit compared to ICE. Which isn’t to say the mining and production of EVs don’t come with their own set of environmental drawbacks

I can’t get on board with EVs. Everyone’s needs are different, but for me, I often drive 90 miles one way to my destination, then another 30 to 40 miles while there, and 90 miles back. While a fully charged EV might cover this distance, detours or changing conditions might require a charging stop, which I don’t have time for.

So you fall under the 10% I referred to in my post

My Benz would make that trip with ease, with 50% battery to spare. But I know that's not fair to say since not all EVs are created equal.

Speaking of which.

So basically same as regular G Wagon but the grill is different, and the spare tire is shaped like that. Or whatever that is, what is it actually? Shape looks cool like that. :lol:

Edit: no spare, its to hold the charging equipment :lol:

So basically same as regular G Wagon but the grill is different, and the spare tire is shaped like that. Or whatever that is, what is it actually? Shape looks cool like that. :lol:

Edit: no spare, its to hold the charging equipment :lol:
You’re forgetting that the most important part of the G wagon is changed….. the mechanical door locks.

To be honest, I’m not entirely sure about the range of each EV. I’m mostly going by Tesla's standard, which averages around 330 miles. My typical drives are about 220 miles without any deviations. But when I drive into the city a few times a month, it's around 350 miles round-trip, not including any additional driving, which makes EVs a no-go for me. Besides Tesla, the only other EVs I’ve looked at are the Sierra EV and the Porsche Taycan. I’ve never considered the EQS because, to me, they look ugly.

To be honest, I’m not entirely sure about the range of each EV. I’m mostly going by Tesla's standard, which averages around 330 miles. My typical drives are about 220 miles without any deviations. But when I drive into the city a few times a month, it's around 350 miles round-trip, not including any additional driving, which makes EVs a no-go for me. Besides Tesla, the only other EVs I’ve looked at are the Sierra EV and the Porsche Taycan. I’ve never considered the EQS because, to me, they look ugly.
I like Lucid, I think they look better than even the Model S and the top range is just over 500mi

Fair enough. I agree the EQS is ugly, just a commuter car for me. But luckily for me I'm on the inside enjoying the benefits of an S Class drive, and not staring at it in traffic. Actually it probably drives better than an S class.

350 miles would be no problem in my car. And I'd be home sooner since I don't have to stop for gas.

Taycan obviously was an option for me having had "the Porsche bug" including a hybrid Panamera. But the Taycan just didn't have enough range to justify owning it.

In fact I'm getting close to maybe moving on from Porsche completely, since trying to get another 911 has proven fruitless. Even after owning them for the last 12 years of my life, I am bottom of the barrel to those guys.

Ferrari/Lamborghini/McLaren just seem more and more appealing by the day.

Last edited:
Fair enough. I agree the EQS is ugly, just a commuter car for me. But luckily for me I'm on the inside enjoying the benefits of an S Class drive, and not staring at it in traffic. Actually it probably drives better than an S class.

350 miles would be no problem in my car. And I'd be home sooner since I don't have to stop for gas.

Taycan obviously was an option for me having had "the Porsche bug" including a hybrid Panamera. But the Taycan just didn't have enough range to justify owning it.

In fact I'm getting close to maybe moving on from Porsche completely, since trying to get another 911 has proven fruitless. Even after owning them for the last 12 years of my life, I am bottom of the barrel to those guys.

Ferrari/Lamborghini/McLaren just seem more and more appealing by the day.
I love my 992 but I’ve been “on the list” for a gt3 for who knows how long at this point. They tried offering me one of the last 992.1 4gts or targa 4s allocations they had in the meantime but I told them it wasn’t enough of an upgrade for me. A used 720s is looking more and more attractive to me. 458 and 488 would also be on the list but the Mac would be a few years newer

Back
Top Bottom