\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

IMG_6296.jpeg

IMG_6301.jpeg
IMG_6283.jpeg
IMG_6335.jpeg
IMG_6331.jpeg
IMG_6328.jpeg

Little cool get together in BK last night. Free beers, pizza, was a chill night. Loving the cooler weather for sure.

The search is finally over. I spent over a year and a half looking for the right car. Shoutout to Ryan Friedman Motor Cars for assist on this immaculate 996TT. It's 1 of 9 Manual Carrera White on Natural Brown 996 Turbos ever produced. Clean Carfax, all original paint, and 23K miles on the odometer. Hands down one of the best buying purchases I've ever had. They went above and beyond to answer all of my questions and to provide ample pictures. I look forward to doing more business with them in the future! The car was such a blast to drive back home. My father and I drove 14 hours back home in one day. We stopped in DC to see the monuments. What a great memory.

The car came with FVD Brombacher x Bilstein PSS9 coilovers + FVD Brombacher exhaust with 100 cell cats. I plan on tuning the ECU and adding larger intercoolers next. Plus paint correction, ceramic coating, + XPEL.

[

996TT x 991TTS

Analog versus surgical

I feel more connected to the car when driving the 996TT. The 991.1 TTS is scary fast. It's a lot of car for the money but I have more fun driving the 996TT. Now I'm considering selling the 991TTS and buying a 6-speed 997.1 or 997.2 GT3.

Ryan Friedman is a GREAT PLACE!! I made it a stop of 3 places in LI when I went to JFK to pick my wife up from the airport last year. Went to RFMC, then Lamborghini Long Island then AutoSport Design in Huntington! Actually got loads of stories from Ryan's dad who was there at the shop in Glen Cove. Super great people! Even gave me a hat for my trip home. 🙏👍

PXL_20230816_014338184.jpg

Sadly was hoping to see the two 996 GT3 RS they imported but they had sent them to Monterey for car week. Would have loved to see the white/blue car. No worries. They had some nice stuff.

we need a poll. i'm curious to know how many of those that are pro EV have owned and enjoyed driving manual.

I like some EVs (the i4 BMW is nice as it looks normal) and have owned my manual 2006 Mustang GT since new. Barring some reason I need quick cash, it isn't going anywhere. And when I get feeling better and can go back to work (finding something other than selling cars...not doing that life again) my next car will be an manual Lotus Evora GT. 👍

I'll always have a manual as long as my knee is good. 🙏

For the record, although Im not a fan, its not the truck itself I have a problem with. How you have a street suspension and dirt tires? You can tell some folks never even considered a truck before the Cybertruck.
That’s not just cybertruck buyers my guy, just ask our resident poster SonofSal SonofSal about his Raptor use lol

But seriously it’s not street suspension on the CT but rather a street setting. From my understanding the CT has 13-15in of travel so it’s more than compatible for what most would do with it

Yea I dont think there is a correlation between people who are pro EV and people that can drive manuals. Given the amount of people that can drive a manual in general is pretty low, I'd think its safe to say most people who are ANTI-ev can drive a stick. I know a guy thats SUPER anit ev and he cant even spell manual.
Cybertruck and a 7mt 992. I’ve been driving manual since 2001

I don’t think there’s necessarily a direct correlation between the two, but just curious if the majority of the anti-EV group are hard core “save the manual” people as well. Alternatively, if theres a large subset of the pro EV that has never touched a manual.

Got word from two people I know, with one of them a friend who I sold 2 Shelby Mustangs to during my time (a 2014 GT500 and a 2019 GT350), that both of them got allocations for the new GTD!! 🤯🤯🤯🤯

Let the fun begin!! 👍👍👍 My friend who I sold to, called this morning, and I was wondering what's up as he's VERY busy with his job and thought maybe he's checking on how I'm feeling. When I called him back and he told me, I couldn't believe it. He called me before he called his wife or anyone. Actually made my morning with all the crap I've been dealing with medically. I told him he can pick ANY color ever in theory. I told him a Lamborghini Purple (Viola Pasifae) with exposed carbon stripes would be ABSOLUTELY SICK!! 🔥🔥 👍👍

And before anyone asks, YES, I think the car is worth it. It's a damn LeMans GT3 class racecar that Ford made into a street car, and also made it vastly more powerful than the actual racecar (BOP limits). And it's built by a racecar company in one of the cleanest factories you'll ever see! I can't wait to hear his experience specing it out. 👏👏

Got word from two people I know, with one of them a friend who I sold 2 Shelby Mustangs to during my time (a 2014 GT500 and a 2019 GT350), that both of them got allocations for the new GTD!! 🤯🤯🤯🤯

Let the fun begin!! 👍👍👍 My friend who I sold to, called this morning, and I was wondering what's up as he's VERY busy with his job and thought maybe he's checking on how I'm feeling. When I called him back and he told me, I couldn't believe it. He called me before he called his wife or anyone. Actually made my morning with all the crap I've been dealing with medically. I told him he can pick ANY color ever in theory. I told him a Lamborghini Purple (Viola Pasifae) with exposed carbon stripes would be ABSOLUTELY SICK!! 🔥🔥 👍👍

And before anyone asks, YES, I think the car is worth it. It's a damn LeMans GT3 class racecar that Ford made into a street car, and also made it vastly more powerful than the actual racecar (BOP limits). And it's built by a racecar company in one of the cleanest factories you'll ever see! I can't wait to hear his experience specing it out. 👏👏

Looks much better all racy like that, the lower trim ones, hell even the GT is meh in the looks department.

hope u feel better fambs, health is wealth

People here and elsewhere often mock drivers who bring up concerns about range, but while this issue might only arise a few times a year, it's still a legitimate concern. Personally, I know we need more infrastructure to meet demand, but even with that, range anxiety remains an issue unless batteries can charge much faster—ideally in 10 minutes or less to 80%. Every holiday, I see hundreds of cars at the pump, and when I drive regularly into cities like Boston, NYC, or DC, I see dozens of cars waiting at Superchargers.

I’m not against EVs at all—in fact, if I could snag a Model Y for around $30k, I’d buy it ASAP. I’d just need the FSD feature with it.

People here and elsewhere often mock drivers who bring up concerns about range, but while this issue might only arise a few times a year, it's still a legitimate concern. Personally, I know we need more infrastructure to meet demand, but even with that, range anxiety remains an issue unless batteries can charge much faster—ideally in 10 minutes or less to 80%. Every holiday, I see hundreds of cars at the pump, and when I drive regularly into cities like Boston, NYC, or DC, I see dozens of cars waiting at Superchargers.

I’m not against EVs at all—in fact, if I could snag a Model Y for around $30k, I’d buy it ASAP. I’d just need the FSD feature with it.

Meh, FSD sometimes I feel is more trouble than its worth. You still have to babysit the car and its pretty much easier IMO when youre in that zone where youre on a self autopilot. Yall ever get from point a to b and you dont even remember how you got there? That kinda autopilot. On a lesser scale adaptive cruise control I only use in stop and go traffic and I still have to babysit in case someone tries to quickly cut me off.

Got a GTD slot as well. It’s like ford was handing them out, I know of one other in my town that got one as well but think he’s passing due to pricing. Now got a good reason to get a bagged trailer for all the cars

Got a GTD slot as well. It’s like ford was handing them out, I know of one other in my town that got one as well but think he’s passing due to pricing. Now got a good reason to get a bagged trailer for all the cars
Major congrats buddy. I knew I wasn't gonna get picked, but I'm glad people are getting the opportunity. Had I actually gotten picked, I would have been able to go in with someone who wanted one and he would have paid for it. No sweat. I'll keep the decline email as a souvenir. 😂

I think once battery technology reaches 600-800 miles on a charge with 10mins to charge, I’m going to add add an EV to the stable. Would love to have that car eat up all the commute miles while I save the Porsche miles for the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom