\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

My favorite is the 997.II GT3 RS 
pimp.gif
GOAT:

Thinking of a db9, what are your thoughts on one? (08 or newer).
love them you feel the power and you wanna mash every time you come out of a stop. exterior is beautiful and if you get the clear rearview lights 
eek.gif
. the only problem is the cockpit is cramped the back seats arent made for anything but to look at and if your my size 6'1 and about 275 its not the most spacious but saying that the leather, the dash, and ignition ( gold street knows what im talking about ) are magnificent and the swan doors 
pimp.gif
. car is definitely a head turner as you dont see them at all and you do feel like james bond driving that bisch, also i dont like the volantes something just seems off about aston drop tops 

I had a DB9 an 09. Excellent car however the bonnet is extremely long and the seating position makes it hard to see over. Very powerful and you can power slide very easily. Biggest draw back are the back seats and the v12 engine. If you hate always filling up this is not the everyday car for you. 17 gallon tank on a v12 that only gets 8MPG.
Believe it or not I never even considered the MPG. I thought it was around 12-13, but 8mpg is nuts. Was planning on driving maybe 300 miles or so per month. I'm very tall so the seating shouldn't kill me. The only alternative I considered was an R8 but it seems a bit boring in comparison and looks like a TT.

Believe it or not I never even considered the MPG. I thought it was around 12-13, but 8mpg is nuts. Was planning on driving maybe 300 miles or so per month. I'm very tall so the seating shouldn't kill me. The only alternative I considered was an R8 but it seems a bit boring in comparison and looks like a TT.

SLS for tall folks?...

look into a rapide same engine as a db9 a bit bigger and the mpg is better . also it doest look like a sedan until you walk up on it . if your looking for a used aston i would suggest an 08 and up db9 usually float at 85-94k range. i was honestly going to get an 05 db9 and try to get a refreshed db9 or 13 rapide a year later but im holding out for the dbs if i cant get that ill go with a mid 00 db and rapide and call it a day.

If your spending that much on cars are MPG really a big deal?

Just asking, not trying to sound like a **** or anything.
shouldnt be but in 2013 a car should get more than 9.8 miles per gallon if im paying 100k plus for it and you dont know if he's using it for a daily driver or not, ive seen and know people that use exotics as dd and dog the hell out of them ( im guilty of that) so it would kinda suck to fill up every other day 

SLS for tall folks?...
      Would love to, but the SLS is a bit more than I'm willing to spend for now. May sell whatever I buy now and get one or an LP560 next year if prices drop.
look into a rapide same engine as a db9 a bit bigger and the mpg is better . also it doest look like a sedan until you walk up on it . if your looking for a used aston i would suggest an 08 and up db9 usually float at 85-94k range. i was honestly going to get an 05 db9 and try to get a refreshed db9 or 13 rapide a year later but im holding out for the dbs if i cant get that ill go with a mid 00 db and rapide and call it a day.
      Was looking at the rapide, but I like the db9 a bit more plus its about 30-40k less. I was looking at 08+ since there were minor performance upgrades. The rapide headlights look great though, and the profile is very coupelike.

Not really, I mean I expected bad MPG but 8 was startling. The inconvenience + the fact it would be my daily driver could make it costly however. Luckily I take the subway into the city / work from home, so it won't be too bad. 

Nowadays not so much but back in 05-06 I'd take my bentley gt with the w12 engine from atl to lexington, and then to indianapolis/bloomington and then back to atl and it'd be crazy how much I'd be pumping like i wish I still had all the receipts from em trips

i have a f10 m5.

i have 78k to spend on a new car...

cant decide between amg c63 or m3.

don't think i asked for help, but ok.
laugh.gif

My ///M5 and my buddys ///M3 Individual.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom